Quantcast

» «
Photo

3 years later...who is your favorite GTA V protagonist

84 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is your favorite Protag as of right now (177 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favorite Protag as of right now?

1. Franklin (36 votes [20.34%])

Percentage of vote: 20.34%

2. Michael (89 votes [50.28%])

Percentage of vote: 50.28%

3. Trevor (52 votes [29.38%])

Percentage of vote: 29.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote
greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:51 PM

Michael has the lead still

ThatBenGuy
  • ThatBenGuy

HTF, GTA, rock, metal, history, politics, and firearms lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:04 PM

Franklin. My top 5 favorite GTA V characters in general:

1. Franklin

2. Chop

3. Michael

4. Lester

5. Lamar

highspeed
  • highspeed

Monster truck everything

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

It's still Trevor.

Franklin grows duller every play through. And Michael's family life is annoying.

Word to your mother on this one!

Wish an option to divorce Amanda would've been implemented in the game. The dynamics of the story would of made for an interesting change too.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

Definitely Michael, one of my favourite protagonists of the series. Trevor while entertaining is just too over the top and cartoony and Franklin is bland as hell (basically Luis 2.0).

Michael is fleshed out & has real depth. Ned Luke did a great job as well. Glad to see him leading this poll!

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:08 PM

I don't see why Michael is leading this poll. He's a rat, a snake and a hypocrite. He's also a nice person for not divorcing his cheating wife.

Franklin is so dull and boring that I would have never played with him had he not had the special driving ability.

Trevor is the only likable protagonist IMO as he is not afraid to take down massive gangs all so he can just get  a quick buck. Also, he was the funniest of the trio.

• Lioshenka likes this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:14 PM Edited by Journey_95, 05 February 2018 - 02:25 AM.

I don't see why Michael is leading this poll. He's a rat, a snake and a hypocrite. He's also a nice person for not divorcing his cheating wife.

Franklin is so dull and boring that I would have never played with him had he not had the special driving ability.

Trevor is the only likable protagonist IMO as he is not afraid to take down massive gangs all so he can just get  a quick buck. Also, he was the funniest of the trio.

You don't have to be likable to be a great character and hell for the most part I think he is actually likable. Trevor is freaking crazy, look at how he treated Johnny, Floyd, Wade etc. How is that likable? I mean he is an entertaining character and fun but he is a dick as well.  I don't blame Michael for picking his family over him and from what we saw of Brad he was an ass too

Reeferking710
  • Reeferking710

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2018 - 02:15 PM Edited by Reeferking710, 01 March 2018 - 02:16 PM.

Trevor duhhhh LOL
  • Intergalactic Pimp likes this

DylRicho
  • DylRicho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:21 PM

Trevor.

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:56 PM

Franklin, easily. 

BurnettVice
  • BurnettVice

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:47 AM

Trevor is my favorite and Michael is second favorite

LTDHO
  • LTDHO

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 March 2018 - 06:47 AM

Still say Trevor after completing the game on PS4.
Michael next.
Franklin is only cool because of Chop

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:09 AM

Michael.

Keano
  • Keano

Two Number Nines

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Trevor. People give his character some sh*t but I honestly put him on the Top 5 Protagonist list with Tommy, Niko, Claude, etc. All 3 are fun in their own way but Trevor is the only one with morals. He could've killed Michael after Brad but he doesn't and he cares about Michael's kids, to some extent more than Michael does until he and Amanda work things out.

The player can also choose to make Franklin a scumbag by killing Michael or Trevor.

Why I like Trevor:

- Does whatever he wants

- Lives in the countryside with a totally legitimate business (wish we could've done more with TPE though like a prequel on it's establishment, meeting Ron, Wade, Chef, etc).

- I can feel for him when it comes to Brad, Michael being dismissive of him upon their reunion, etc.

- Absolutely hilarious at times while also showing emotion such as with his mother. 

- Switching to him will always make me laugh no matter how many times I've already  seen it.

Things I enjoy about Michael/Franklin:

- Michael has some great dialogue with my favorite being his rant on sarcasm and calling Trevor a hipster. 

- Franklin being able to get out of the hood and live in Vinewood Hills.

- Lester's Assassination missions as Franklin.

- Michael meeting up with Lester again and the missions leading up the Jewel Store job was fun.

- Franklin's banter with Lamar.

- Michael having to crash with Trevor in Sandy Shores.

• ChiroVette and DylRicho like this

DylRicho
  • DylRicho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2018 - 04:45 AM

Trevor. People give his character some sh*t but I honestly put him on the Top 5 Protagonist list with Tommy, Niko, Claude, etc. All 3 are fun in their own way but Trevor is the only one with morals. He could've killed Michael after Brad but he doesn't and he cares about Michael's kids, to some extent more than Michael does until he and Amanda work things out.

Exactly my thoughts too.

• ChiroVette likes this

Copcaller
  • Copcaller

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:42 AM

Michael loved his personality and even flaws like being just as crazy and quick tempered as Trevor and the whole family dynamic. Close second is honestly Trevor but his constant bickering with Michael after the brad revelation got old quickly.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:40 PM

Michael the gawd

scorpioxdragon
  • scorpioxdragon

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:59 AM

I might be overthinking it, but as they were written and designed by Rockstar:

Michael - would be my favorite as a person. I use him the most. He has a life, interests, and dreams, outside of crime. He also has a strong sense of loyalty to his family. No, it isn't perfect, but it's in there. I feel like overall, he was written as a normal person, with an interesting past.

Trevor - would be my favorite to interact with and set loose on the city and 'make total destroy'. As a person, I'd probably hate him, but they wrote him in as the action, the comic relief, the weirdo, they pretty much gave him all of the color, all the rage. Trevor does have some loyalty but it's more of the "when all is said and done", "at the end of the day" sort. I still find that admirable though.

Franklin - seems (to me at least) like he was purposely written so that YOU could decide how good or bad he was. He didn't have enough personality to influence what I thought he should or shouldn't do, and that doesn't bother me at all. At the same time, that lack of personality causes me to use him the least, and what does bother, is that there are some things only he can do, or only he has access to, that I'd rather give to another character. The properties, abilities, NPC interaction, etc, really box the three of these guys in.

efka00
  • efka00

Player Hater

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 4 weeks ago

Franklin. Just i like play with him most. I like Trevor too. For his introducing when you switch to him. As for Michael i dont know. I like him in missions but then i finish the game 100% i don't know what fun to do with him
  • Sleepwalking likes this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Lioshenka, 4 weeks ago.

Trevor.

I could connect with Michael a few times, but he just doesn't fit the idea of a GTA game.

Franklin's character is almost non-existent. He has almost no personality, almost no backstory; just sort of tags along with anyone that calls him. I only play him when I need to spawn in North LS. He's almost non-existent to me.

Trevor is okay. He's crazy enough to fit the idea of a GTA game, he lives in a caravan in the desert - like any protagonist should; he had some hilarious missions. I'm OK with him.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I voted Trevor (still).

My first job when I left school was working at a psychiatric hospital and I experienced first hand, on a daily basis, the tragic yet morbidly fascinating subject of mental illness.

Trevor's character is superbly acted and at times, touchingly portrayed. The scene where Trevor trips over the garden fence and visibly struggles with his volcanic inner rage was testament to Stevens acting.

At times Trevor is cruelly violent but his character is so complex that the player is convinced that Trevor's understanding of right and wrong is not based on morals or ethics, but rather a constantly shifting psychosis.

Yep, definitely Trevor for me, too. I agree with you about the incredibly depth to his character.

Intergalactic Pimp
  • Intergalactic Pimp

Pimp, Intergalactic Pimp

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago

Definitely Trevor. Then Franklin, and in last, Michael.

Remapped
  • Remapped

i hate post op vans

• Victim of The Pit™
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Remapped, 3 weeks ago.

During playing the campaign Michael seems more time was taken for his story, after the campaign Franklin hes the petrol head and has chop to play catch ! 

robotman5
  • robotman5

PS3/PC Gamer

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

:panic: Trevor :panic:

Ondr4H
  • Ondr4H

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ultracop

Period...

MDNA
  • MDNA

Trick

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Michael, really.
Trevor is fun too, and Franklin.. well, it would’ve been nice if we had an option D for the final mission, where you kill Franklin. God damn what a whiny asshole he is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users