Quantcast

» «
Photo

3 years later...who is your favorite GTA V protagonist

63 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is your favorite Protag as of right now (129 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favorite Protag as of right now?

1. Franklin (26 votes [20.16%])

Percentage of vote: 20.16%

2. Michael (65 votes [50.39%])

Percentage of vote: 50.39%

3. Trevor (38 votes [29.46%])

Percentage of vote: 29.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

BOOM. DOWN. OWNED.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:15 AM

Trevor. Still hilarious and unpredictable.

Saganist
  • Saganist

The Cosmos Is Within Us

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:46 PM

Always and forever Michael. He's classy, nice house and Ned Luke is a great actor and he had the most compelling story out of all three protagonists. Franklin had potential but he didn't have much depth towards the end of the story (at least IMO) and Trevor was too immature for me. :lol: He was funny, he just got kind of annoying after a while.

• saintsrow likes this

Willowfield176
  • Willowfield176

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

All of them were a bit too underdeveloped for my taste but Michael by far. Franklin felt like a rushed in stereotype (funnily enough, completely the opposite of Lamar) and Trevor was just annoyingly edgy.

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:56 PM Edited by Yinepi, 13 February 2017 - 03:13 PM.

Trevor. outside of all the hillbilly incest cannibal drug stuff, his subconscious character, and few of his lifestyle choices reminds me much of myself.

Franklin is boring with his gotta-have-money-vapid-materialism that reminds me of my brother, and Michael is hard to relate too because of his stuck-in-the-1980s-rock-N-roll-angsty-generation-x-elitist vibe.

• R3CON likes this

BulletproofVendetta
  • BulletproofVendetta

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:47 AM

I voted for Trevor, but he only wins marginally. Frank and Mike are both just as awesome.

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:32 PM

I voted for Michael as he appears to me to be the most fleshed out character.
His family situation was something completely new to the series.
The retired GTA protagonist.

I still like Franklin and Trevor though.
Franklin, as many stated, seems not developed to his full potential.
He somewhat is or becomes the "main" protagonist but towards the end I got no connection to him.
He got the best special ability imo.
Trevor is fun to play, and while I'm trying to act "normal" I guess it feels ok to get into random fights playing as Trevor.
All in all good trio of protagonists though.

PoisonedMind
  • PoisonedMind

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

Micheal, i like the interaction with his family,

Franklin complains a lot (about being in the same place as before he met Micheal (at that moment he had that big house + profit from the heist etc)

Trevor is a bit 'over the top' for me + 90% of the time i switch to him i have to get rid of the cops, becomes tedious after a while.

Fuilares
  • Fuilares

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

Obviously Trevor. I loved him since I play gta 5 in 2013 on my x360 and I still love him, while I'm playing on pc. I like psychopaths :p

thw111
  • thw111

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:43 PM

Michael because that's who i see myself as kind of

• Saganist likes this

joyrider00
  • joyrider00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

A hard choice between Mike and T but I voted for Trevor. I just hate Franklins cynicism through out game, complete busta as a character

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:45 PM

Franklin for me.

Same with me bro.
  • saintsrow likes this

jtmax24
  • jtmax24

Wade wade wade. . .I don't know how this works.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

Franklin was my first favorite with Micheal being second. But along the way it switched and now it's Micheal who is number one favorite with Franklin number two. and even them two hanging out to together the conversations between them is great.

It's true that Trevor is a one man army and it's also true that Trevor can survive being hit by a train, blown up by a tank, and loves sniffing gas fumes. I just don't play as Trevor that often.

• saintsrow likes this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:56 PM Edited by saintsrow, 17 February 2017 - 11:00 PM.

He made it as a success

You call killing a guy and getting a mansion for free a "success"?

In the GTA world, it is :)   :p  Just got through replaying that mission again.  I felt actual happiness, just like the first time, when Franklin drove up and checked out his new pad.  

EDIT:  When I played this mission the first time, after Franklin had his new place, he went out and got a nice suit, and came back and took this selfie as a validation that he had become a success in his GTA life.  

cLVpi5l.png

wow 3 years and results don't change

the polls for this question on here has always been

Michael and Trevor in a close race followed way behind by Franklin

They are still all poor characters to me regardless, I didn't find any of them particularly enjoyable or memorable in a major way, as I did with previous GTA protagonists. I only prefer Franklin because he's the only one with a drive to make money. I hate Trevor for obvious reasons (stated many times already), and Michael's family stuff was boring, not to mention the fact that he's already rich and doesn't add much else to the story.

Yours comes closest to my opinion.  I was wondering where the "They all suck" option was, in the poll.  For many people, this cop-out approach of three mediocre characters was a ding on the whole single player story for GTAV.  I agree with that opinion.  I do have to say, replaying the story makes me appreciate it a bit more, second time around.  

Since Rockstar gave us the three protags and we're stuck with them, the best we can do now is to rank them.  I rank Trevor just above Devin Weston, basically.  And that's only because Rockstar obviously put the most work into the Trevor character, though in my opinion his character was a gimmick pandering to the GTA aggro crowd, which is admittedly probably the majority of the GTA demographic.  

I liked the concept of Franklin, as a fresh face with a lot of potential to grow, rather than already having a has-been backstory.  Obviously, as you say, Franklin was a sop to the GTA-SA fans, and I was/am OK with that concept and reason for being, but I wish to heck that Rockstar would have written him a full story, as long as they included him.  Again, on second playthrough, I did appreciate his story more.  Trouble is, it just dead-ended.  I would rather have seen less Trevor and more Franklin as the story progressed.  

• Official General and jtmax24 like this

highspeed
  • highspeed

Monster truck everything

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

Trevor, because he is the definition of GTA, atleast for me. Ogg is a legend, and everyone playing GTA has some Trevor inside of 'em. Like it or not.

• Payne Killer and BurnettVice like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

I don't really have a favorite. All three have different things I like about playing as them. I suppose Trevor is most "into" doing what I generally do while playing, but I don't really have a favorite and abstained from voting.

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Get out of my sight, or I'll kill you.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 April 2017 - 04:15 AM Edited by theGTAking101, 04 April 2017 - 04:15 AM.

Michael is still my second favorite protagonist in the series after Niko.

As for the other two, they're not bad they were just written poorly. And in Frank's case, he was barely written for at all.

• CGFforLife likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:44 PM

Michael still running sh*t

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:28 AM

Michael still running sh*t

Don't make up for the fact that he has a pretty boring story and corny-ass theme. I do like his character, but he really was nothing special or exceptional at all.

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

September update.....4 years later

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Bitchass Bullsh*t

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I love all 3 of them, but my favorite would be Michael

Wackyshrek
  • Wackyshrek

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

At school we have debates over this very topic i am the only Michael fan as other people tell me they never switched to Michael unless it was required for a mission. I say his ability is great for getting the headshot achivments in missions. I also think it is good that he has a family and that is one element they could have added with Franklin and Trevor they could have stated in the game how Franklins dad left him and his mom died of drug use so his aunt Denisse had to raise him they never state that and Ryan Philips is only mentioned ONCE by Trevor stating tjat Trevor probably killed him and Betty Philips (her name is gotten by Trevors liscence plate BETTY 32 stating his moms name could be Betty and she could have been born in 1932 as Michael Trevor and Lester were in their 40's during the game) and I also think that Michael has better vheicle options having an Obey Tailgater and temporarily a Declasse Premier (my 2 fav cars) and the ability for Michael to use Amandas Senteniel and Traceys Issy and Jimmys Scorcher is a bonus. I also like Michaels outfit clothes as Trevor wears worn out bloody clothes and Franklin wears street clothes a gang menber would wear but hey hes part of the Grove Street Families. I also like the part where Michael and Trevor are banned from LS as it dsvelops Michael more and shows that Franklin and Trevor may be physically stronger than Michael but Michael is mentally and socially stronger is he LIVED WITH TREVOR yes that nakes him strong living with a carless canibalistic psyco company owner who I feel abuses Ron, Wade, and Chef. I do like the way Michael interacts with Ron for that short period of time. I can go on and on how i love Michael but hey we all got lives to live

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ChiroVette, 2 weeks ago.

Honestly all three protagonists are excellent, well written, well acted, superbly fleshed out, and have riveting stories. Additionally, they are all so different from one another that their personalities really complement each other. I love Michael's backstory and the fact that he is the first GTA protagonist that has a fully developed family as part of the game and woven beautifully into the story.

The interaction between them is also really good, and the switching during mission adds a great synergy to the story.

I have to give the nod to Trevor as my favorite, though. He is just so awesomely batsh*t crazy! Also, even though all three special abilities are great, Trevor's is just totally badass!

I was wondering where the "They all suck" option was, in the poll.

I don't see any reason why a "they all suck" option should be included in a favorite poll. There are plenty of threads in this forum, including the ever famous Whinge & Bitch Thread , that there is no reason to subject this one to debate.

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by raebbitos, 2 weeks ago.

it's really a tie between Michael and Trevor,their dynamic was really interesting throughout the game, Franklin is just a MRblackityblackblack yo dawg nigga,he's handed everything throughout the game and still has the nerve to complain to his piers,the only thing he says is "dawg","whatever" and "homie", the only time he really ever did anything was with the supercars for Devin Weston and even then I was like: What?What did he do to deserve this position?" and he's a dick to Lamar who let's be honest, wtf is franklin's problem ,if you'd appreciate him more often maybe he wouldn't get himself into sh*t all the time ,Forum Gangsters more like "f*ck you Lamar I'm big time you're on your own" He couldn't even give the guy  more than 50 dollars after being kidnaped and almost killed at least hand him some money,you know like you've been given from the moment you met Michael.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

September update.....4 years later

four years later my response is the same. I don't have a preference.

My character usage puts Trevor as the favorite at 43%, then 30% for Franklin and 27% for Michael, but personally I don't have a preference.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Trevor. Since day 1 he's been my favorite. 

• BurnettVice likes this

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by simonp92, 2 weeks ago.

Michael.

He's the most wellrounded and dynamic character. He's flawed, but that just helps him feel like a real person, and help the player understand the inner struggle. 

BTW: it's interesting that we do like Michael at all, since he actually betrayed his friends. When Billy Grey did this, he was the clear antagonist. The reason michael gets away with it is, that R* took the time to flesh out his motiviations; his family. Him getting back into crime despite leaving it behind, furthermore expands his character. We learn that he's addicted to the thrill of crime. Really interesting stuff IMO. 

Trevor.

I really hated him early on. He has all the marking of an Antagonist; he's unnecessarily mean towards some characters: Wade, Floyd, Ron etc., that is usually a trait R* uses for their antagonists: Rocco Pelosi, Vlad Glebov, Marty Jay Williams, Officer Tenpenny, Billy Grey, Steve Haines are all clearly marked as antagonists early on by similar behavior. 

In the end I grew to like him because he's just soo funny, aswell as incredibly unique as far as GTA protagonists go. I still think he should have been the main antagonist in the end game. Perhaps Michael would have to choose between leaving Trevor or getting away with the score during a heist. Would have been a more powerfull choice than the one we in the final mission. 

Franklin.

Bland Bland Bland. He almost has no personality. He has almost no impact on the story. He moves the story forward exactly two times the whole game. He doesn't have any funny lines, atleast Luis had some really funny banter here and there, redeeming an otherwise bland protagonist.  And most important-ly; he has no flaws. People seem to like him just mostly because of the fanservice implication of him being the spiritual successor to CJ. 

R* could have done soo much more with him, intregrating him more into the story, but they didn't. 

simond1986
  • simond1986

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

michael is the best

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Michael, he is the most developed, which isn't saying much but he is clearly the main character of the three and id wager that he was probably intended to be the sole protagonist at one stage.

And goddamn that would've been so much better.
  • simonp92 likes this

Tomern11
  • Tomern11

RIP forums.gamer.co.il

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 2 weeks ago

Honestly, I thought all of them were quite shallow. Didn't feel any strong connection to anyone.

On the other side - the novelty of Michael is the fact that he's the first GTA acting father protagonist.

Trevor is the first protagonist going "full" crazy. Even for a GTA game, that's too much obscenity. And then there's Franklin whom barley does any service to the story except for the ending.

Having said all of that, it's quite evident that the bulk of the plot revolves around Michael, so he's my pick here.

• Official General and Good Hombre like this

GeorgeCostanzaTheMovie
  • GeorgeCostanzaTheMovie

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

Franklin is the token CJ character. Michael in a way is the Tommy Vercetti character, but he's much better done, and the only one who's allowed to have a real personality, thus he's my favorite. I liked Trevor at first, but now I dislike him more. He's that 'cool guy' that you're supposed to like, such bad ass, such nihilistic and edgy. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users