Quantcast

» «
Photo

3 years later...who is your favorite GTA V protagonist

63 replies to this topic

Poll: Who is your favorite Protag as of right now (129 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is your favorite Protag as of right now?

1. Franklin (26 votes [20.16%])

Percentage of vote: 20.16%

2. Michael (65 votes [50.39%])

Percentage of vote: 50.39%

3. Trevor (38 votes [29.46%])

Percentage of vote: 29.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote
greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

I asked this question a while back, but now its been over 3 years..... perspectives change, your favorite character possibly has changed since the game released

who is your favorite protagonist as of right now?

gta5-artwork-76-hd.jpg

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Trevor. He's the only reason GTAV is fun, the guy is a one man army. Playing as michael is f*cking lame, the guy just cries about having a lot of money and a milf wife. I get why he hates his kids, would be better if they died and he turned their rooms into a theater. Franklin was cool at the beginning but he kind of drags along with the sh*t Michael and Trevor get into, its almost like he thinks he doesnt have a choice lol. Trevor lives in the asscrack of Blaine County and doesnt get involved in the LS bullsh*t, he lives how he wants with a lot of money and a house that doesnt attract a lot of heat.
  • Mister Pink, saintsrow, Piggsy pls and 4 others like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:26 PM

Still Franklin.

• saintsrow and The American Army 1775 like this

GTAUrbanCamping
  • GTAUrbanCamping

Urban Camper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

Trevor for reasons Payne stated. His identity is closest to mine, minus the STDs.
  • Payne Killer and LincolnClay like this

Vice City criminal
  • Vice City criminal

Abandoned account. Mostly

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:35 PM

Michael, still to this day.
trevor grew up on me eventually and that made him second best but
I don't think it is that hard to out-do franklin in terms of overall character.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:55 PM

I still prefer Michael despite his god awful annoying family.

• evog, Mister Pink, saintsrow and 9 others like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:16 AM

Trevor.
He's an awfully written character, but between the three, he's the only one who's actually enjoyable to play as, for the reasons Payne stated. He has the best side missions, and his initial mission strand in Blaine County was, by far, the best part of the story. Wish we'd gotten more of that. Plus Steven Ogg is the GOAT.
  • Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:17 AM Edited by Artisan Tiger, 02 February 2017 - 12:18 AM.

I voted Trevor (still).

My first job when I left school was working at a psychiatric hospital and I experienced first hand, on a daily basis, the tragic yet morbidly fascinating subject of mental illness.

Trevor's character is superbly acted and at times, touchingly portrayed. The scene where Trevor trips over the garden fence and visibly struggles with his volcanic inner rage was testament to Stevens acting.

At times Trevor is cruelly violent but his character is so complex that the player is convinced that Trevor's understanding of right and wrong is not based on morals or ethics, but rather a constantly shifting psychosis.

• saintsrow, theGTAking101, slimeball supreme and 5 others like this

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:22 AM

Franklin. He made it as a success and escaped an extremely negative environment (The Hood).

• WindowsExPee and VictorVince1239 like this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

wow 3 years and results don't change

the polls for this question on here has always been

Michael and Trevor in a close race followed way behind by Franklin

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:05 AM Edited by confederatestatesgta, 02 February 2017 - 03:29 PM.

trevor was my favorite of the trio since the beggining and probably will be forever. although lately i have been liking michael a lot. he is very entertaining and has some good missions and story. im still a little sore about his betreyal to his old gang. franklin unfortunately dosent have much depth and story to him. like most people have said before he seems more like the typical gangster to please the carl johnson fans. he is mostly used as an extra gun or extra driver in missions. but that dosent mean i dont like him. he does have some fun missions and dialouge. and i hate how they set up like franklin will start planning and performing his own heists yet he never does. i think he could have used a lot more depth and more background on his character. something like a singleplayer dlc could help but no rockstar is too busy milking cash cards. heres hoping the protagonist or protagonists have plenty of storyline and background on the characters for red dead redemption 2 and future games.

• saintsrow likes this

Tengerecki
  • Tengerecki

Rat

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:50 AM

Michael. His sense of humor gets me. The irony, the sarcasm and his accent, the 80's vibe he brings. This character is just cool as well as the actor, Ned Luke. 

• gunziness and Roger Cheeto like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:50 AM Edited by Official General, 03 February 2017 - 01:00 AM.

wow 3 years and results don't change

the polls for this question on here has always been

Michael and Trevor in a close race followed way behind by Franklin

They are still all poor characters to me regardless, I didn't find any of them particularly enjoyable or memorable in a major way, as I did with previous GTA protagonists. I only prefer Franklin because he's the only one with a drive to make money. I hate Trevor for obvious reasons (stated many times already), and Michael's family stuff was boring, not to mention the fact that he's already rich and doesn't add much else to the story.

• saintsrow and Niobium like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:57 AM

For me it was Michael, I've no idea why, he puts me in mind in a lot of way of my own father. He's not a nutter or requires therapy but his attitude towards various things is quite similar. I felt like Franklin was never fleshed out enough, they should have put some more meat on the bones of him, once I got the opportunity to play as Michael that was it for me.

And I felt Trevor was introduced almost too late for me personally, I'd already grown attached to Michael that anyone introduced later was never going to sway me.
  • Dr. Robotnik likes this

Nenad Grujic
  • Nenad Grujic

Nenad

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:09 AM Edited by ~Tiger~, 02 February 2017 - 09:28 PM.

Michael, it's always a treat to play with this guy. But he's got an awful family (Jizzle of course, classic American kid). He is funny, in some cutscenes. 

• The American Army 1775 and Natasha like this

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:44 PM

franklin because he is the least insufferable out of the three
  • Mister Pink, saintsrow, The Deadite and 2 others like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:39 PM

He made it as a success

You call killing a guy and getting a mansion for free a "success"?

• saintsrow likes this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:08 AM

Still Michael for me, that's never changed. I like Trevor on and off, and Franklin is okay but ultimately wasn't used to his full potential, but Michael is one of my favorite characters in gaming.

• evog, Algonquin Assassin, HaythamKenway and 2 others like this

Zaiv
  • Zaiv

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:07 AM Edited by Zaiv, 03 February 2017 - 05:08 AM.

Michael mostly because his interactions with his family are funny. He also comes off as a highly skilled criminal which I just like. I'm replaying GTA V and it feels like Franklin is just a tag-along - they didnt do him justice in the story.

Trevor gets lead every playthrough for killing Johnny  :devil: But his special power is cool

• Natasha likes this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:57 AM

Michael mostly because his interactions with his family are funny. He also comes off as a highly skilled criminal which I just like. I'm replaying GTA V and it feels like Franklin is just a tag-along - they didnt do him justice in the story.

Trevor gets lead every playthrough for killing Johnny  :devil: But his special power is cool

This is more or less on par with my thoughts.
  • Zaiv likes this

Danie122
  • Danie122

Crackhead

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:54 PM

Trevor, big badass

Gato Bakura
  • Gato Bakura

GatoBakura

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:43 PM Edited by Gato Bakura, 03 February 2017 - 01:44 PM.

I don't know exactly who i should choose, Michael always be my favorite but Trevor has a especial place in my heart too, I've voted Michael 'cause the story basically turns around him and he makes everything happens and even he being a old, fat, sarcastic and boring sometimes, he makes everything happens and is the character with the most deepest story on this game.(my opinion)

I don't have to much reasons to like him,  just like don't have a explanation :p

• Natasha likes this

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:36 AM

Trevor. He's funny, loyal, honest, and unpredictable. Michael might be the central protagonist of V, but Trevor is the one who steal the show. My only problem is that he can be so perverted even towards men (His attitude towards Floyd is the biggest example). Could be my favourite GTA protagonist of all time if he isn't so perverted.

Then followed by Michael in second and Franklin in third.

TheRockfordGuy
  • TheRockfordGuy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:13 PM Edited by TheRockfordGuy, 09 February 2017 - 10:14 PM.

Michael .

He is , for me , the best character in GTA games . I also must say that Ned Luke is the best actor to date who voiced any GTA character !

• Natasha likes this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:48 AM

Franklin for me.
  • saintsrow likes this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:53 AM

Well. still Michael. I have always admired he's portrayed by Ned Luke, and despite him being somewhat unlikeable, he is a very conflicted character that faces the dark secrets he kept from his past and haunts him. I do not like his family, but Michael himself is great protagonist, and often shines in scenes where he is the focus. But the writing, and his fellow supporting characters struggle to match up to the gravitas that what made Michael shines bright from the others. 

Franklin is still severely underwritten, but he is still entertaining, and provide more mindset for Michael, and his chemistry with Lamar is great to watch despite some of the stereotypical writing they have. For Trevor, apart from a few moments and doing sh*ts & giggles. I still find him irritating, and just unbearable. I do not disdain Trevor as much as I did, but I still do not like him for being a childish, and selfish buffoon. His dialogue is cringy, the way Steven Ogg sometimes ham all the way up in several scenes, the change, and inconsistency of tone whenever he is on screen. I know there are many Trevor fans out there, but I still think he is just one of the worst characters that the Housers created. However I think that Trevor has a few moments where he is somewhat a likeable character, mostly due to Ogg's certain charm he gave to Trevor. For me, Trevor is wasted potential of a character. I think that he might have fared better if he was supporting character like he originally supposed to.

• Lock N' Stock and Natasha like this

EVOLUT7ON
  • EVOLUT7ON

#BeMyValentine & #BIKERS snapmatic contests winner

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Funny [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Runner-Up

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:01 PM

I like all of them, each has his own advantages and disadvantages.

If I'll judge for their appearance and lifestyle, I'll choose Franky. He is the youngest protagonist plus perfect Southern citizen.
If I'll judge for funniest and attractive member with his own story, I'll choose Trevor. The craziest and unpredictable protagonist from all GTA series with absolutely unique situations, dialogues and other stuff.
If I'll judge for common story and life experience, I'll choose Michael with his family, mansion and influential friends across all San Andreas. While F and T are lonely people (with friends), M has his real family, they live all together. It's cool feeling when you know that someone is waiting for you in your house after busy and dangerous day.

If you want to hear from me only one character... so... Michael...
Yes, I guess he is the most balanced character between all of them.DqM2lkiTxEaQwfZQHHk2Ag_0_0.jpg

s9lWkZ3s5UC3LbaQpO3HLA_0_0.jpg

J_5gsWfFy0aWv6RrqmsYEA_0_0.jpg

• gunziness and The American Army 1775 like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:40 PM

Franklin is cool. He's a prototype of CJ.
Mike is cool but, i dont like him much. Prototype of Max Payne (if bald headed with big beard).
Trevor Fillips. He's hot.

Still, Franklin for me coz I feel that he's the best V character & is the main protagonist of 3 in V. He is the one who has given 3 choices.

Synthol
  • Synthol

Just touch uranus someplace else

• Members
  • Namibia

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:07 PM

Trevor, maybe Michael. Watching Trevor in cutscenes was glorious and Michael was great too.

f*ck Franklin though, complete waste of potential and ultimately generic as f*ck.

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:26 PM

Still Michael for me, he has his charm, unlike the others. I like Trevor a lot more now, basically because I can freeroam and do some typical GTA stuff without being so out of character.

I only use Franklin in freeroaming to drive his supercars and hang out with Lamar mostly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users