Photo

GTAO Unpopular Opinions

1,024 replies to this topic
IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by IamCourtney, 4 weeks ago.

The argument of R* made uber amounts of $$$ on this game they can afford X,Y,Z is an invalid one.

As I've stated before this is a business and therefore they're there to make money not spend it. In order for X, Y, Z to be added they need to convince TTI and their shareholders the extra expense that X, Y, Z requires will be worth it. If they spend $300,000 to hire a voice actor or license a song or whatever they need to pass a charisma check to convince the shareholders that the feature(s) will sell enough copies/shart cards to make a profit to get that budget.

It's not about how much money they already made but what potential money will it help them make. Gta5 is now the most (legal) profitable entertainment piece (sans merchandising) exactly how much more potential profit margins can they milk?

Nobody is disputing the business model of the corporate entity of which R* is a component, but their's is hardly the only valid way of doing things. Plenty of game studios invest profits back into supporting and improving the game to a much higher degree than we see with GTAO, and there's nothing invalid about believing it can be a successful strategy and desiring the same treatment.

T2's strategy of providing bare minimum support for a product that succeeds because of it's strong foundation and in spite of the cynicism of its top tier management works at the moment because there's really no other game that offers quite what GTAO does. I'm sure this is the reason a lot of us long-timers are still here despite all the gripes we have. Sadly the best we can hope for is that a true contender will emerge offering a comparable experience with better support and force T2/R* to shape up or fall by the wayside. 

One can dream...
  • Fluffy Sock, Commander S, 79'Blazer4x4 and 4 others like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

I pretty much only engage in PvP in the air, if I attack a player on the ground it's only to provoke them to get an aircraft
  • Voodoo-Hendrix likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

Unless it's from a friend or crew mate, I shoot down all jets I see in the sky, be them just minding their own business or not.

APC and Khanjali are overrated(though I'm still interested in getting the latter).

Even with the recent mishaps in some vehicles here and there, I cannot deny that the overall quality of the new DLC cars are a big step up from what we used to get back in 2015 and earlier.
I mean, we are even getting cars that comes with unique interiors now, and that's commendable.

Though it's a damn shame that they don't deform at all, quite ridiculous actually.
  • Commander S and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 weeks ago

Even with the recent mishaps in some vehicles here and there, I cannot deny that the overall quality of the new DLC cars are a big step up from what we used to get back in 2015 and earlier.
I mean, we are even getting cars that comes with unique interiors now, and that's commendable.

Though it's a damn shame that they don't deform at all, quite ridiculous actually.

That's the annoying thing, more than anything - the inconsistency.

With clothing/character customisation, it may be garbage, but it's predictably, reliably garbage - no-one's expecting anything decent these days, and it also makes critiquing things a bit easier, at least.

But with vehicles, it's a gamble - either something is mostly good with a few minor things that hold them back from the absolute top level of GTAO vehicles (the 190z, Hustler, Hermes, Ellie and others are all really nice, but would definitely benefit from upgraded Benny's versions), or there's the occasional absolute groaner (no idea what people were thinking with the Revolter, and the Jester Classic is depressing...  :cry:).

If all new vehicles were disasters, I'd probably just stop playing, write off R*'s ability to make polished games, and move on. If they were all good, they'd be the one thing keeping me interested in the game (bar a decent update that made up for years of imbalance and neglect). As it is, it's mostly the latter, but with the nagging worry that they'll add something that deserves to be great, and utterly tank the execution.

• blacknambala, 79'Blazer4x4 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm the only one who gets slightly annoyed when people refer to their vehicles as "toys"?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users