1,024 replies to this topic
IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Runner-Up

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

Heh - on a related note (and this might be less 'unpopular', more 'controversial'):

If you own the GT500, and you use anything other than the stock wheels for it, you deserve to have it confiscated, until you learn how to treat the poor thing properly. :p

24876195717_563e659fff_o.png

Over my cold dead body ;)
  • Commander S, M*A*R*I*N*A, Hurst. and 1 other like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

Myth: Public lobbies are a hell hole filled with people killing you at every corner.

False: You can easily avoid players, I've not been griefed since 2015. Secondly, session skipped to join crazy sessions has resulted in me finding out most lobbies have only a small group of players fighting.

Right most players are doing CEO Work or MC contracts the past few months I know i always go importing and exporting cars when I get into public sessions

Yep.

Unpopular opinion: It's relatively safe to do business in most of the populated sessions even after the Doomsday DLC.

• DentureDynamite likes this

Chrome Toyota Prius
  • Chrome Toyota Prius

Worldwide Mad Deadly Communist Gangster Computer God

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:08 AM

I like the loud chopping sound the cargobob makes. It sounds cool.

• Dr.Rosenthal and xxJ0n4Th0Nxx like this

Van_Hellsing
  • Van_Hellsing

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 January 2018 - 09:37 AM

Here my 5 cents: All of R*'s / T2 stupid design decisions make perfectly sense if you know that T2 has not the player's experience in mind, but their shareholders profit.

Some forum members will defend T2 untill the end, like piggies on their way to the slaughterhouse. The whales are just more meat on the table.
  • R3CON and thepiebaker like this

Ryancoke66
  • Ryancoke66

Stack Bundles

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2018 - 06:40 PM

I don't really like the doomsday heist DLC apart from the release day vehicles. The heists are good in theory but with OP AI and the fact I need to use randoms, I won't be able to complete it.
Also the drip feed is pretty boring IMO. I appreciate the variety but nothing in it really makes me excited.

effenG
  • effenG

mr nice guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:54 AM

The Revolter is the best off-road vehicle in the game. I know- Amazing. Right?

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:09 PM

I have no problem with kids playing GTAO, and have mostly have no problem playing with them

Chrome Toyota Prius
  • Chrome Toyota Prius

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:12 PM Edited by Chrome Toyota Prius, 14 February 2018 - 11:12 PM.

I have no problem with kids playing GTAO, and have mostly have no problem playing with them

I actually think they add to the online experience with their squealing starting slap fights with other people on mic. Back on PS4, sometimes I'd hop on just to listen and hear kids start arguments with people. It was hilarious.

• IamCourtney likes this

Smokewood
  • Smokewood

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:14 PM

You mean you guys actually have the lobby voice-chat turned on?

OMG why?????

Mine is set to FRIENDS ONLY

• No Use For A Name likes this

BOOGIEMAN219
  • BOOGIEMAN219

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:26 PM

OMG why?????

I do it because sometimes you can get a good idea what other players are up too if they are focused on killing or making money. I don't always do it but the info i get from them just talking often decides if I stay or go because I like doing work in public sessions.
  • R3CON likes this

Chrome Toyota Prius
  • Chrome Toyota Prius

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

OMG why?????

I actually didn't even know you could turn it on or off.

thepiebaker
  • thepiebaker

Helicarrier-sexuality

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:46 AM

OMG why?????

For a total of a weeks worth of gaming a year I join in on the freedom chaos. The lobby Mic let's me know who I target more aggressively than others. If I hear squeakers my random searching on the map going from player to player switches to just them. SQUEEL PIGGIES SQUEEL!!!.

Sometimes you get a heads up on them coming your way. I know for a fact that plenty of nimrods forget you can hear them "hey Billy. Thepiebaker is selling I/E let's go blow it up!"
  • R3CON likes this

Chrome Toyota Prius
  • Chrome Toyota Prius

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:51 AM

The Monroe never satisfied my need for a Miura in GTA. It looks almost nothing like the Miura apart from the vague Miura-like shape it has. When I look at the front, all I can see is the face of someone who's been jogging for hours and they're completely out of breath. I wouldn't be surprised if it were actually supposed to be a '99 Charger R/T Concept mixed with various Corvettes.

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

lzzzzz

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

The doomsday dripfeed vehicles are pointless. Who is ever gonna buy them other than people who care about collecting cars? They're not very practical cars, they're slow around a circuit and they don't have any special functions (unless you count those peashooter machine guns on some of them) Why does r* keep releasing them? It's not like people are rushing to buy shark cards to get a 190z

Dacelo
  • Dacelo

Don't sweat it

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

Sounds like they're not pointless then if people who care about collecting cars like them. Plus cars are literally what the entire game revolves around and has revolved around since the first iteration so it's not like they're gonna just stop adding them.

• Commander S, 79'Blazer4x4 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 20 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

The dripfeed is pointless.

FTFY
  • 79'Blazer4x4, R3CON and irish.chr like this

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector & Avid Helisexual

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 February 2018 - 11:39 PM

It's really fun doing IE exports, especially in crowded sessions!

thepiebaker
  • thepiebaker

Helicarrier-sexuality

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:07 AM

Los Santos would be a lot more realistic with 30 helicarriers flying around overhead
carrier%2Bhelicopters%2Bthe%2Bavengers%2
  • Chrome Toyota Prius and Happy Hunter like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:08 AM Edited by Mach1bud, 21 February 2018 - 12:10 AM.

The doomsday dripfeed vehicles are pointless. Who is ever gonna buy them other than people who care about collecting cars?

The huge amount of people who actually enjoy driving cool cars?
  • 79'Blazer4x4 likes this

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

Join my crew : Girl Yakuza

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:32 AM

myth: we will eventually get an online map expansion

fact: not unless they find a way to charge us another 60 bucks  :cry:

Kushology
  • Kushology

Bleeding Green

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada
  • Biggest Pervert
    Nicest Canadian

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:51 AM

myth: we will eventually get an online map expansion
fact: not unless they find a way to charge us another 60 bucks  :cry:

I'd be more than happy to buy it. I'd pay for North Yankton if I'm honest but they'd have a lot of work to do making it solid and surrounding area.

EQUALIZZER
  • EQUALIZZER

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

Myth: people who claim you have zero skill if your not using the AR and kill them.

Myth: marksman dancers who also claim you have zero skill if you dont use marksman/AR

Myth: using the games options against other players such as muggers, mercs, off radars, bull sharks, or explosive weapons are cheap tactics

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:21 AM

This must be unpopular...

Given how much I see it lately.

But what is the f*cking point of Stand your Ground if you're just going to SIT there for 20 minutes with a eight f*cking MC crew? No fun in that.... you could get several contracts done and earn more in that time... or if AFKing is what you want do Piracy Prevention and Fortified. Earn more for less time!

Why is Stand your Ground so f*cking popular?!

The MC always leaves near the end from my experience, so I just leave if a MC starts that while I'm working for them.

• 79'Blazer4x4 likes this

79'Blazer4x4
  • 79'Blazer4x4

Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:39 AM

But what is the f*cking point of Stand your Ground if you're just going to SIT there for 20 minutes with a eight f*cking MC crew? No fun in that.... you could get several contracts done and earn more in that time... or if AFKing is what you want do Piracy Prevention and Fortified. Earn more for less time!

The MC always leaves near the end from my experience, so I just leave if a MC starts that while I'm working for them.

I don't get it either, Stand your Ground is a complete waste of time. The money you make from it is chump change, in that 20 minutes you waste sitting there for about $20k you could have made about $200k with I/E, or just spent those 20 minutes having fun and not making money, then doing a quick Sightseer afterwards and making more than you'd earn in those 20 minutes of waiting around.

I have no idea how so many people think Stand Your Ground is more worth doing than literally anything else in the game.

Voodoo-Hendrix
  • Voodoo-Hendrix

Slight Return

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 February 2018 - 10:45 AM

My theory is that Stand Your Ground is ome of the few MC work that can be launched through the Interaction Menu as oppossed to MC Contracts which are launched from inside the MC Clubhouse.

But that's just a theory, a GTA theory.
  • 79'Blazer4x4 and R3CON like this

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Event 2017

Posted 21 February 2018 - 01:02 PM Edited by R3CON, 21 February 2018 - 02:20 PM.

Stand Your Ground is PvP with a purpose.

97.3% of GTA Online is players killing other players. SYG allows you to do this, but also enables you and your friends to earn RP while doing so. If successful you and your MC crew can even win cash. The good thing about SYG (for the most part) is that it often attracts a significant portion of the lobby, so unlike Piracy Prevention or Executive Search you can actually have some fun with it. As Voodoo-Hendrix said, it's easy to call up from the interaction menu too, so no loading screens or travel necessary. It's very convenient when looking for something quick to do with friends.

The downside of SYG is that alot of people use it to farm kills instead of actually trying to capture & hold the location - standing your ground. But still, if you're gonna kill people anyway - which is inevitable in freeroam - why not make an activity out of it?
  • 79'Blazer4x4 and Voodoo-Hendrix like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

Yeah people play SYG for the fun of it mostly. It attracts people like stains on a matteress. Wanna freeroam battle? Make the battle come to you with SYG.
  • 79'Blazer4x4 and R3CON like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:31 PM

190z unpopular opinion:

Given a choice between having the stock 190z come with all the customisation options, even if that means that the arch extensions extend way beyond the wheels, and having a wide-rim Benny's variant, I'll ...take what we've got, thanks! ;)

Partly because I really don't like the wide rim/arch extension look for the Z (in fact, I rather like the fact that the ZG doesn't have wider rims to fit the arch extensions), but mainly because the thought of having to settle for a stock 190z without all the custom parts needed to make it look like an authentic Fairlady...  :*( Sorry, but I'm really glad R* didn't lock all those hood/spoiler options behind a widebody variant at Benny's!

OCDee
  • OCDee

Massive Hipster

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 February 2018 - 01:36 PM Edited by OCDee, 23 February 2018 - 01:37 PM.

I think the Micro-SMG gets discarded unreasonably.

While the stats (read: files, not in-game stats. Those are bogus.) may say it underpreforms compared to the Mini and the MP; It's like the Scarbine, who DOESN'T have an area of expertise which is the beauty of it. Its the  "Good at everything, master of none" approach. The Bullpup fires faster, the Carbine is more accurate at long-range. The ARmk2 hits harder per shot.

The 30 round extended clip and the option for plentiful of mods while being medium sized (not that size matters or anything, but y'know. Concealability?)

The Mini has speed, and the MP has low recoil. The Micro?

While it fires reasonably fast, it doesn't spread as bad as the Mini does. The MP doesn't have the ammo capacity of either, and the drum mag has an increased reloading time for it making the whole point of the MP having a fast reload while accurate and powerful per shot at a lower fire rate sorta oddly balanced.

I ignore the AP Pistol because it uses pistol ammo.

The Micro deserves a MK2.  It doesn't do what either of them do "as well" but it strikes a counter-balance point of being adequate at both.

I just wishes it had the original IMI Uzi stock.

• Happy Hunter likes this

hotrats773
  • hotrats773

From This Mortal Coil...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

OMG why?????

Mine is set to "All Y'alls Shut The f*ck Up."

Listening to ingame mic chatter makes me want to punch kittens.

• Commander S likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users