• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:36 PM Edited by Mach1bud, 01 February 2017 - 09:38 PM.

There are a large amount of players and forum members that say they hate the game yet they still play it often

This just boggles my mind. 
Here we go again, the common assumption that anyone criticizing bad parts of the game and not enjoying other parts suddenly makes them hate it in its entirety.

If it truly boggles your mind, it shouldn't, the "large" amounts of players "hating" the game is an unnecessary exaggeration.
I don't assume anything. I have literally heard, on this forum and in game many times, players say the exact words "I hate this game". Yet I still see them play often. This is my personal experience, and no reflection on every person that has something negative to say and I did not ever say that it was. Maybe "large" was a slight exaggeration, I may have used "some" instead, regardless those people are among us.
  • CarnageRacing00, Voit Turyv, fw3 and 7 others like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator for GTA Online

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:40 PM

There are a large amount of players and forum members that say they hate the game yet they still play it often

Here we go again, the common assumption that anyone criticizing bad parts of the game and not enjoying other parts suddenly makes them hate it in its entirety.

If it truly boggles your mind, it shouldn't, the "large" amounts of players "hating" the game is an unnecessary exaggeration.
I don't assume anything. I have literally heard, on this forum and in game many times, players say the exact words "I hate this game". Yet I still see them play often. This is my personal experience, and no reflection on every person that has something negative to say and I did not ever say that it was. Maybe "large" was a slight exaggeration, I may have used "some" instead, regardless those people are among us.

I second this 100%.
  • fw3, Sagrawa, Mach1bud and 2 others like this

Zader
  • Zader

cocksucker

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:47 PM

Heists suck and we haven't gotten a good Benny's conversion since the Sultan RS.

• Dburger and kstowe like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:03 PM Edited by fw3, 01 February 2017 - 10:06 PM.

My opinion, but the title of this thread should have been, GTAO Fact vs. Fiction: Opinion vs. Reality.
Then, members would have come in droves to share their insight on the matter (sorry, sarcasm). ;)

Anyhow, a leading opinion is whether the LS cops have been buffed, nerfed, or are the same as they were on day one.

Personally, I think they've been buffed repeatedly, with the release of DLCs.

The game now sends out 4-5 cruisers for a two-star wanted level, where as it was always 2-3 before.
A three-star level or higher gets the entire city in an uproar, and NPC drivers seem to react, in a seeming effort to assist the cops.

I dunno. I'd be curious to other's thoughts on this one. It's the one element that keeps the game from being 10/10, for me.

0_0.jpg

• FlacidJack, hei3enberg, REXX and 4 others like this

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Improved GTA Member 2017

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:14 PM

Even with jets and cops nothing else comes close for me.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

You can do anything once.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:21 PM

My unpopular opinion? We carry too many explosives:

• 25 Grenades
  • 25 Sticky Bombs
  • 20 for Grenade Launchers
  • 20 for the RPG
  • 10 for the Homing Launcher
  • 10 Pipe Bombs
  • 5 Proximity Mines

I don't know about you guys, but I think that's a bit excessive.

• OCDee, CarnageRacing00, Voit Turyv and 11 others like this

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:12 PM

I concur on this, I been playing these games since Vice City at the age of 13. I point out huge flaws in this game all the time because I want to see this series improve, not get worse due to stupid decisions that Rockstar been making lately. You can be critical of a game and still love it, only overzealous fanboys who gives their favorite series a free pass for everything under the sun cannot grasp this concept.

• DangerZ0neX likes this

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:11 AM

I concur on this, I been playing these games since Vice City at the age of 13. I point out huge flaws in this game all the time because I want to see this series improve, not get worse due to stupid decisions that Rockstar been making lately. You can be critical of a game and still love it, only overzealous fanboys who gives their favorite series a free pass for everything under the sun cannot grasp this concept.

Yes but they literally say they hate it. Try to build a better mousetrap. Labeling people is weak IMO. Me fanboy you hater.
  • kstowe likes this

Skycam
  • Skycam

Unfriendly Random

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:43 AM

Here's a couple more..

I like the cops. No cops would be boring. They add a sense of danger and kinda bring the game alive.

I would rather play with or against a "tryhard" rather than someone not trying at all. (For the most part of course, some players can be overwhelming and I'm not including passive/EWO abusers in this statement.)
  • Mach1bud, Cackling Jack, Actlikeyouknow and 5 others like this

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:53 AM

Here's a couple more..

I like the cops. No cops would be boring. They add a sense of danger and kinda bring the game alive.

I would rather play with or against a "tryhard" rather than someone not trying at all. (For the most part of course, some players can be overwhelming and I'm not including passive/EWO abusers in this statement.)

I did the no cops glitch for a while. It was boring IMO. I missed them. Just take away cop shotguns.
  • xxi, Actlikeyouknow, Forza Harrd and 1 other like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator for GTA Online

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

Here's a couple more..

I did the no cops glitch for a while. It was boring IMO. I missed them. Just take away cop shotguns.

It's sometimes funny as hell when you get knocked off a motorcycle by a cop car and land directly next to another cop car. You can literally predict what's going to happen before you even hit the ground :lol:

"OK, so the cop car has just knocked me off and... Oh, what's this? Another cop car. I've just landed next to it. Well I'm not in a vehicle so they're obviously going to get out. That guy, yeah, that one there. He's gonna get out and shoot me with a shotgun that will kill me with one shot. BANG! I bloody knew it!"

Happens all the time :p
  • Cobhthaigh, Actlikeyouknow, Forza Harrd and 2 others like this

ATeaDaze
  • ATeaDaze

You got any bright ideas what to say?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:41 AM

Here's a couple more..

They are a counter-measure to the constant chaos we create but they ruin free-roam PvP.

OCDee
  • OCDee

Massive Hipster

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:03 AM Edited by OCDee, 02 February 2017 - 05:04 AM.

AI traffic is fine, if a bit impatient -  people are just sh*t drivers and can't predict or take into account variable outcomes of driving through them at high speeds under gunfire.

I spent most of my time on Old Gen learning AI pathing and behaviour. After I played on PC I went above travelling, learning that the new AI, doing my own testing. What they react to and don't. Sure there's a few occasion where I'd get hit, but it would be my own fault if anything.

• Pedinhuh, LincolnClay and Skycam like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:16 AM

Ah. I've been waiting for a thread like this. Here goes.

I hate how the whole CEO Vehicle stuff works. I get nothing pretty much. Not even as host.

Dacelo
  • Dacelo

Don't sweat it

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:21 AM

It wouldn't be such a bad idea to end GTAO sometime soon. 

• OCDee, zoso80 and LincolnClay like this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Currently Inactive

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:36 AM

Unpopular opinions, eh?

Well, this is my opinion and I'm perhaps very much in the minority, but I find public lobbies to be one the worst elements of the game.  I honestly find them quite boring, always have and likely always will--even with the new additions to free roam, I always "lag" myself out to do my work privately or with friends.  I just don't understand the appeal of it; I can do the things I want to do in Invite Only or in those lagged out public lobbies that I mentioned; why would I want to do that among often constant chaos?  I understand that some enjoy battling with others in free roam, but nah, I'd rather play structured deathmatches or combat jobs.  When players can bounce in and out of passive mode, use backhanded methods like EWO to avoid being killed, instantly spawning their jets; etc; etc, public free roam instantly loses any appeal to me.

I've always been more into the jobs and not necessarily grinding them in the manner that many do with heists.  I think joining and hosting a variety jobs (outside of grinding heists and the like) are the most underrated element within GTA, where it seems that public free roam holds strong favour among many (if not a majority of) players.  It is the jobs (especially when played together with friends) that primarily enable me to fully enjoy the game.

What am I missing and why do people like spending so much time there?  I get that it's different strokes for different folks, but if all of GTA took place within the public roam atmosphere, I likely wouldn't play at all.

• OCDee, Fluffy Sock, gtafan26 and 5 others like this

Mrs. Buzz
  • Mrs. Buzz

Formerly godtrams | forever helisexual ;)

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Germany

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:55 AM

Here's a couple more..

Here you go (more or less) :)

11sk22r.jpg

• Cobhthaigh, R3CON, Amy Vinewood and 4 others like this

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:07 PM

Here's a couple more..

Here you go (more or less) :)
11sk22r.jpg

If that was Chuck Norris I would still be afraid.

xxi
  • xxi

mentally dating CL

• GTAF Crew
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:54 PM Edited by XXI, 02 February 2017 - 12:55 PM.

chrome and hot pink is sexy as f*ck on certain vehicles. fight me.

• OCDee, Fluffy Sock, Shaundi. and 5 others like this

x_TestsubjecT_x
  • x_TestsubjecT_x

Always working on the next Million!

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

Not getting a fair shake because I made a poor choice of user name.  I am a friendly player always willing to work with others.  I have to put in extra effort to win people over because little did I know x's automatically throw me under the bus lol....  :miranda:

• fw3, Forza Harrd, Skycam and 1 other like this

jdv95
  • jdv95

don't know what to type down here anymore.

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

1. A car doesn't need to be fast to be able to enjoy it.
2.nothing wrong with more military tech as long as it isn't update after update.
3.driving a boat can be fun every now and then.
4.passive mode should not be removed because of Some rotten players.
5. Just because it is one's favorite game,does not mean it's the best game ever made.
  • Cobhthaigh likes this

OCDee
  • OCDee

Massive Hipster

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:25 PM Edited by OCDee, 02 February 2017 - 02:31 PM.

Remove the explosive element from the game, it effectively ruins any form of challenge.

When I say explosive, I mean, explosive rockets, explosive hydra bullets, savage bullets, actual explosives.

Add some flashbangs, make use of tear gas or just straight up bullets. You should be able to keep ordinary grenades as they at least they require at least somewhat careful handling, as well as timing. Just ordinary on-foot grenades. Not the launcher. Max stock of 5.

To balance this opinion out, NPCs won't have them either.

• -LN- and Hécate-II like this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:41 PM

1. Making MC business public lobby only was the best thing ever. I was one of those Invite Only "I hate freeroam those guys are mean and ruin it for me" kind of players until I bought a clubhouse and a couple businesses and got my feet wet. Turns out, I LOVE FREEROAM. I'm hooked on the adrenaline rush. Who would have thought? My k/d sucks but I'm having a blast.

2. I think R* is supporting money glitches. It was actually the solo MC clubhouse/Faggio/Sultan dupe glitch that made me buy a clubhouse and then made me rich enough to buy the businesses and fully upgrade them. Every time a good solo money glitch comes out R* can probably tell because my online activity increases about 300% and I buy a ton of expensive stuff (recently bought a Supervolito Carbon because I thought you could spawn it next to you as a CEO) and I have so much fun I buy a shark card just to thank them.

• fw3, psymin, Skycam and 1 other like this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Currently Inactive

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:01 PM Edited by -LN-, 02 February 2017 - 03:03 PM.

My unpopular opinion? We carry too many explosives:

• 25 Grenades
  • 25 Sticky Bombs
  • 20 for Grenade Launchers
  • 20 for the RPG
  • 10 for the Homing Launcher
  • 10 Pipe Bombs
  • 5 Proximity Mines
I don't know about you guys, but I think that's a bit excessive.
I think we're able to carry too much ammunition as a whole; the option to instantly refill all types via the Interaction menu was one of the worst additions to the game (in my opinion). That's perhaps another reason why I don't particularly enjoy public servers; everyone always has instant access to their entire arsenal of weapons and I see that as just overkill. I believe it would be better if we were only able to carry a limited amount and had to always go to Ammunition to re-buy it.

Remove the explosive element from the game, it effectively ruins any form of challenge.

When I say explosive, I mean, explosive rockets, explosive hydra bullets, savage bullets, actual explosives.

Add some flashbangs, make use of tear gas or just straight up bullets. You should be able to keep ordinary grenades as they at least they require at least somewhat careful handling, as well as timing. Just ordinary on-foot grenades. Not the launcher. Max stock of 5.

To balance this opinion out, NPCs won't have them either.

I don't mind RPGs and Grenade Launchers so much; they can often be a fun element when placed within deathmatches and other combat jobs, but when it comes to free roam--they could use a bit of a limit. I also agree with the removal of explosive rounds on aerocraft; that's just overkill and we definitely didn't need the homing launcher--especially since it is practically useless against jets.
  • fw3, Sir Michael, xxi and 2 others like this

Verbose
  • Verbose

PS3/PS4/PC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

The Pegassi Infernus is the best super car in the game, hands down.

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:33 PM Edited by deadx23, 02 February 2017 - 03:39 PM.

chrome and hot pink is sexy as f*ck on certain vehicles. fight me.

I used to like that color :lol: but now (unpopular opinion) I love goooold (and pink) :happy:
Spoiler

Well since the thread changed uh I also like bright colors *in gold*
Spoiler
*waits for hate*
  • fw3 and Amy Vinewood like this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

^^^^ I understand. I like GiantsGiants cars.

• fw3 likes this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:39 PM

Here's a couple more..

I'd much rather that they just tweak their behavior.  At 1 star they should not shoot at you, just chase.  At 2 stars they should rarely shoot.  I'm OK with how they act at 3+ stars.  But also, it should be slightly harder to get a wanted level, and there should be a lot less of random incidents where you shoot one person in the middle of nowhere and get stars from it.  It's not the existence of cops that bothers me, it's the constant mindless aggression and the fact that you can't do any-damn-thing at all without getting a wanted level.

• Fluffy Sock, Dburger, Coleco and 3 others like this

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Event 2017

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:53 PM Edited by R3CON, 02 February 2017 - 04:55 PM.

My unpopular opinions

1. Jets are perfectly fine. We don't need any counters to them.

2. The homing launcher has not killed helicopters. Just fly higher or avoid the dots

3. Playing with randoms can be a blast and some of them do have skill and know how to play. I mean hell, if I met any of you in a public lobby, most of you people would be randoms.

4. Public lobbies are awesome. I love the variety you get when playing with multiple people.

5. Modded accounts/glitched cash should be encouraged and welcomed. Having alot of cash frees you to play the game as you want to and not treat it like a job.

Not looking to get into a debate about any of this. I've been on this forum for about a year and a half, I understand the counter-arguments. Just trying to post my unpopular thoughts and keep it moving.
  • Shaundi., psymin, Forza Harrd and 3 others like this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:19 PM Edited by Hécate-II, 02 February 2017 - 05:24 PM.

1. Making MC business public lobby only was the best thing ever. I was one of those Invite Only "I hate freeroam those guys are mean and ruin it for me" kind of players until I bought a clubhouse and a couple businesses and got my feet wet. Turns out, I LOVE FREEROAM. I'm hooked on the adrenaline rush. Who would have thought? My k/d sucks but I'm having a blast.

:lol: The game would be really boring without challenge. I want to thank all super skilled GTAO pilots 

• Forza Harrd likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users