Who is the most badass antagonist?

34 replies to this topic
Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:47 PM Edited by Niobium, 31 January 2017 - 10:58 PM.

title.

i would have to go with billy grey. when johnny k came to execute him, he was very accepting of his fate. "checkmate dude. come on, get it over with. do it!" johnny was obviously hesitant to shoot him. "i'm doing it!" but billy just wanted to get his death over with and encouraged johnny to pull the trigger. "c'mon, you waiting for a speech or something? do it!" he is also the only character who tried to fight back in his execution. that was badass. i can't forget his speech about jason either. "jason was a law-breaker, trouble-maker, beer-drinker and hell-raiser. in short, the kind of man i want to be."

officer tenpenny and ray bulgarin (that's right, bulgarin) are also good candidates for the most badass antagonists.

tenpenny was voiced by samuel l jackson so he is automatically badass. bulgarin may have been annoying at first, but when he shows you the box with the cook's head, it was fu*king scary. even luis got scared, and he is a hardened criminal.

• Gunnalingus, ClaudeSpeed1911, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:06 AM

• Sergeant Jerry Martinez. One of the biggest douchbags ever involved in the GTA series but he had the skills to back up the position he was at in the Army. Enjoy killing him at the end of Vice City stories.

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:38 AM

Dimitri RASCALov. You just can't help but abhor him with every fiber of your being.

Niobium
  • Niobium

england is my city

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:34 AM Edited by Niobium, 01 February 2017 - 04:35 AM.

Dimitri RASCALov. You just can't help but abhor him with every fiber of your being.

i mean badass characters (characters you find cool or intimidating). not characters you hated and wanted to kill.
  • Gunnalingus likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

Not really an antagonist, but Mikhail Faustin. He was too unstable, to the point where I felt he'd put a bullet on Niko's head on every cutscene he appears.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Motosoldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:55 AM Edited by B Dawg, 01 February 2017 - 10:55 AM.

While not the main antagonist, VCS Armando Mendez. He tries to fry you with a flamethrower :lol:

• Gunnalingus, ClaudeSpeed1911 and Niobium like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:34 PM

Billy because of what you said.

• Niobium and Brian Grey like this

crazybe
  • crazybe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:58 PM

"OG Loc"  :))

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:59 PM

"OG Loc"  :))

No offense, but are you on crack??
  • B Dawg, Niobium and SmokesWithCigs like this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:38 AM

Don't know if it counts, but Mikhail Faustin.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:41 AM

Tenpenny

He'd go to all extremes to save himself and cause serious damage to the environment he was in. The fact he was protected by being in law enforcement made him a lot more dangerous and a threat than the other antags.

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:18 AM

If it can be counted, then Mikhail. If not, then Billy just like you said.
  • Gunnalingus likes this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

rip andrea. a great twd character.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

probably like most people mentioned billy grey. he always loved getting his hands dirty and going crazy. he reminded me of negan from the walking dead a lot. just give him a barbed wire baseball bat and pretty boy joins glenn. sorry just had to bring it up. but yea billy grey was a pretty cool antagonist minus the betreyal. but he certainly was not the smartest antagonist.

honorable mention. steve haines. he was an awsome antagonist ever since the first meeting when he grabbed michael and hurt him i really liked him. his dialouge is hilarious. and the best part is when he shot himself in the leg. what other antagonists did that?

Brian Grey
  • Brian Grey

Darksider

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:12 PM Edited by Jason Grey, 03 February 2017 - 06:12 PM.

Billy may not look smart but he does appear to have some emotional intelligence and strong leadership, he was very manipulative, uses Jason's death as an excuse to go to war with the AOD, Jason was a brother and what kind of brother wouldn't avenge his death. he led the lost with a silver tongue, his only downfall was Johnny not being killed by Triads and he got surrounded by LCPD. 

I can understand why you'd think he was the least smartest antagonist, he was racist, very impulsive, extremely violent, but he was a powerful leader when it came to influence, even Johnny, Jim, Clay and Terry thought he was cool back in the day, he catered to the more violent, extreme members of the lost (who defected, after Billy incarceration), he had Brian believe that Johnny was a rat which further caused more members to defect. 

Billy is my favourite Antagonist, Its a shame TLAD wasn't a full game, I would of loved to see more of Billys leadership in a longer war between The Lost and The Angels of Death

• Loosestring and Niobium like this

chilleverest
  • chilleverest

Ironborn

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:24 PM Edited by chilleverest, 03 February 2017 - 06:33 PM.

Catalina. She was on bullshark test all the time. Carl was talking orders from her, set up claude back in LS, and was on her way to the top all while manipulating men like us. From other side of the border to all the way to the north, she did pretty good for herself. 

• Gunnalingus, SmokesWithCigs and The Deadite like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

I think Sonny Forelli was the ultimate badass of the annoying pricks that are GTA antagonists.

-Hard to kill

-Intimidating dialogue

-Had the balls to come and demand his cut of the action in person

-kept bodies hanging in a freezing room in his place in Liberty City

-ruthless with his business

• BasicallyDrunK and SmokesWithCigs like this

Tengerecki
  • Tengerecki

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:52 AM

Frank Tenpenny and Catalina

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:35 AM

Mikhail Faustin was a great antagonist

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:51 AM

Frank Tenpenny is the coolest.  "So where you goin?" "i'M goona go get laid and get drunk - you got a problem with that?" f*cking hardcore nan. Pulaski was also cool. I LIKE THE oP'S point about Billy Grey - I believe he wasnhe only true one percenter in GTa. hE WASN'T SCARED TO DIE, and he lived evry moment like it was his last. A true badass.

Bulgarin is cool in his own way, but Tenpenny is still the best.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:32 AM Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle, 05 February 2017 - 11:36 AM.

Mikhail Faustin was a great antagonist

Not antagonist, he was a boss. He was just the target in one mission because Dmitri betrayed NIko.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:51 PM

Big Smoke :)

Nah, I think Frank Tenpenny was a badass. He wasn't really all that intimidating tbh, but he could control CJ at times, and make him do his dirty work. And yeah, the fact that he's a cop was cool, really felt like the police were my enemies in that game. He's cold. I honestly have no idea how the LSPD are ok with this. Well, it's GTA, but he's a little extreme.

And needless to say, the number one thing that makes him cool is that he's voiced by the one and only Samuel L. Jackson. 100% Proof.
  • Niobium and Neon_Dreaming like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:52 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 05 February 2017 - 05:55 PM.

Sonny Forelli-he was an intimidating mob boss who had the balls to face Tommy and demand his money back,and even put up a fight

officer Pulaski-even when he knew he was gonna die,he tried to piss CJ off before he gets killed,instead of trying to beg to be spared (which is what most people would do in that situation)

officer Tenpenny-"I can sh*t on you from such a height,you'll think God himself took a crap on you"

Jerry Martinez-he had to be skilled to become an Army sergeant,and in the final mission he tried to take Vic out himself

Mendez brothers-one of them tried to burn Vic alive with a flamethrower,another tried to fight both Vic and Martinez (both trained soldiers) himself

Billy Grey-he was a leader of a badass biker gang,and when he was about to get killed,he didn't give a damn,he just wanted Johnny to finally kill him

Ray Bulgarin-he was an intimidating mob boss in GTA 4,and in TBOGT he was willing to blow himself up just to kill Luis as well

• Payne Killer likes this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Big Homie

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Steve Haines, His voice was Badass and I kinda liked him (But that but that does'nt mean I spared him in final)

Frank Tenpenny, Pretty much what people say

Wiseguy94
  • Wiseguy94

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Trevor is a villain protagonist, so I'd go with him at No. 1.

In terms of storyline antagonists, Ricardo Diaz from Vice City. This guy was the original Trevor Phillips.

A close second is Catalina from III and San Andreas. No woman in the GTA series is as unnerving as she is. 

• SmokesWithCigs likes this

BigEzmok
  • BigEzmok

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Tempenny!!

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

tao cheng *snicker*

devon Weston lol

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Legendary Commenter

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 2 weeks ago

Sonny Forelli and Frank Tempenny

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dimitri. For the fact he's the only antagonist with the deceptive and manipulative power to make his target of opportunity trust him.

Richie Makyura
  • Richie Makyura

Most Wanted Criminal :v

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted A week ago

Sonny Forelli

Mexicola9302
  • Mexicola9302

Snitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Tenpenny he was a bit like Denzel Washington in Training Day a dirty cop with so much power.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users