Photo

How would you improve TBOGT's story?

15 replies to this topic
Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:51 PM Edited by Journey_95, 31 January 2017 - 07:53 PM.

When I replay the GTA IV Saga Tbogt really sticks out. IV and Tlad have such great compelling stories so when I get to TBOGT its just so lacking in comparison.

I like that its not as dark as those two, that part is fitting but overall the story & characters are just awful. It feels like a preview of GTA V, obnoxious characters, childish humor, no consequences for anything (the ending was so cheesy), over the top missions for the sake of it etc.

I dont mind that they went in a different direction with GTA V, its a new game but really wish that the GTA IV Trilogy would work well together.

• Algonquin Assassin, Payne Killer and Ivan1997GTA like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:04 AM

Give some characters who seemed pretty interesting more screen time. And tone down the over the top action just a little bit. A little bit.
  • Jeansowaty, Payne Killer and Ivan1997GTA like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:20 AM

I have a feeling Yusuf was going be be a much more serious and level headed character just from PBX's description in GTA IV, but in TBOGT he's really silly and over the top.

I would've preferred a darker personality from him instead of how he drops N bombs every few seconds to appeal to teenagers thinking it's "cool". He's the GTA IV equivalent of Lamar. Annoying and not as hilarious as he's made out to be.

Overall how I would improve the story is by making it more grounded, but still keeping the nightlife aspect. Make it more Scarface-esque.

I like TBOGT, but it really feels like the odd one out especially with how well GTA IV and TLAD go together.
  • B Dawg, Journey_95, Jeansowaty and 3 others like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2017 - 07:55 AM Edited by Official General, 07 February 2017 - 10:13 AM.

I think more of the drug-related stuff that Luis did with Armando and Henrique would have improved the story. That was one part of TBOGT that felt like very serious, hardcore, but enjoyable crime action. Drug Wars was mad fun and I really wished they could have expanded on the section of the story that unlocked it, but after just two missions that was it. They could have shown in detail more of how Luis and his 3 friends went about starting a new drug-dealing enterprise.

I still liked TBOGT's story, it was very entertaining, but wished there was a bit more to it than just looking after Gay Tony himself and his interests.
  • B Dawg, Ivan1997GTA and The American Army 1775 like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:03 AM

TBOGT's Story's good. But it sucked when Tony left LC. I like Yusuf. But still, something is missing in the story, which I'm unable to make out.
  • Official General likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:51 PM

Get rid of Bulgarin and replace him with a rich drug lord from Vice City.
  • Journey_95 likes this

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

Using Dimitri as the main antagonist of TBOGT (and Bulgarin as the main one in IV). Dimitri is a bussinessman, it would make sense if he has interest of buying Maisonnete 9 and that diamond. 

Another possibilty is having Rocco as the main antagonist. During the fight againts Rocco, Lust must killed Carlo Ancellotti as well in the process.

Bulgarin is a great character, I like him. But I honestly think Niko should be the one who killed him, not Luis. In another hand, Ancellotti's family is always a thorn in Luis' and Gay Tony's sides.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:41 AM Edited by B Dawg, 08 February 2017 - 09:41 AM.

Make Yusuf a serious, tasteful guy, not a clown who listens to sh*tty songs like Arab Money during a cutscene.

• lol232 and LeakyLine like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:10 AM Edited by Official General, 08 February 2017 - 11:10 AM.

Make Yusuf a serious, tasteful guy, not a clown who listens to sh*tty songs like Arab Money during a cutscene.

Come on bro that was so funny seeing that for the first time! I even laugh hard at that now! Yusuf was brilliant in my view, so entertaining.
  • The American Army 1775 likes this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:14 PM

TBOGT is a happy game son. Everyone's happy - Luis, Mori, Tony, Yusuf etc. Nobody's sad.
The people with healthy & fresh mind always love Yusuf & his Arab Honey song.
IMO, there could be a Heroine, like in gta IV (Kate McReary) & tLaD (Ashley Butler).
  • Official General likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:44 PM Edited by Jeansowaty, 14 February 2017 - 03:45 PM.

Make the game overall a bit sadder - such as Bulgarin killing off Luis' mom or his friends, giving you a bit more of a goal to pursue and kill him. In the game itself I felt that all Luis was, was  being a lackey to Tony. That guy was only bringing himself into trouble and Luis had to get him outta that, yet "The Fag" was the only person he cared about. Perhaps laying off his strand a bit and putting more emphasis on Luis' other friends would work out nicely?

• B Dawg, Journey_95, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:28 PM Edited by DIze, 16 February 2017 - 04:30 PM.

After making 2 sad games, R* perhaps wanted to make a happy game.

EDIT : Luis betrayed Margot, forced her to suicide, but indirectly. He yet got no punishments, but Silos of Money.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

I would've replaced Mori's dumb sh*t with having to do dumb sh*t for Bernie.

If you're gonna bring a character back from GTA 4, at least bring one that's relevant to the gay club scene. Especially since he mentioned Gay Tony a few times in IV itself.

• lol232, Zello and Payne Killer like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:37 AM

add more missions with armando and henrique. they were cool characters and i feel like they deserved more screen time. i also agree with bringing back bernie he was quite an unique character.

LeakyLine
  • LeakyLine

VS/PBMO

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

Yusuf Amir should've had a few serious situations. He should've also been a friend you could do sh*t with.

Lum1nous
  • Lum1nous

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

A heavily accented Arab using the 'N' word to another homie/friend thinking it's just part of American culture across the board, while the creators used this act and implicitly touched on a sensitive subject and turning it instead into comedic entertainment I thought was kinda genius on their part.

I laughed pretty hard the first time I heard Yusuf used the 'N' word...you don't see that sh*t everyday lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users