» «
Photo

The College/University Thread

31 replies to this topic
Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:00 AM Edited by Pyrrhic, 22 May 2017 - 01:43 AM.

Yep, double Bachelor in Commerce and Actuarial Science, which will hopefully allow me to actually get a job by the end which seems to be a common issue with undergraduates in my city. Not sure how many are doing it now, but I know in 2016 around 20 people in my university of 50,000+ did a standalone Actuarial Science degree, so the plan is to eventually be one of the few people in Australia that has actually completed it by the time I'm done. I don't know, maybe an employer will need that.

Of course, this is all just an excuse to make it sound like I'm actually doing something with my life, I don't particularly enjoy uni and don't feel like I'll even get anything out of it (in terms of developmental/personal factors) until I'm actually finished and have the degrees. I can be there up to 10 hours on some days and not say a single word the entire time because everyone's so f*cking vapid. 

And then there's the commute. I can drive only 17km to the campus but pay $600+ in parking for the year, which is really not feasible for a broke student, or I can spend 1.5 hours on a train and a bus taking the most indirect route possible, but costs slightly less. Either way, it's in just about the sh*ttiest location for me, personally, to travel to.

The fees, too. The Australian government, most of who obtained their degrees for free when that was possible, have the f*cking nerve to further decrease uni and student loan funding, fees going up as much as 25% for some degrees and the loan repayment threshold being decreased even more so. Oh yeah, and did I mention that they have done this to students within the same year they decreased corporation tax by 5% costing an estimated $15 billion? There's your f*cking student fees, scumbags.

Anyway, if I finish this four year bullsh*t I guess I'll go get a better job.

Travedge
  • Travedge

A man in motion feels no emotion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 04:17 AM

Im going to focus on bio chemistry in fall. Whatever to learn that sh*t. Then I can make my own drugs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users