324 replies to this topic
MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

I know the description of this game is vague at best: 

“A video game that simulates and fuses the real world with the virtual. Live your own stories as you live in ours.”

I'm worried it's going to be some VR gimmick or some new Second Life sort of game that's really far removed from the sort of core of videogames that we enjoy.

"Our goal is to create a platform where players can be entertained, and also entertain others while blurring the lines between reality, and a simulated world." 

Again, it's vague but I'm also a little concerned that will will be some online social thing, not a traditional videogame. Sounds like it's an online interactive job, maybe multiplayer VR? Maybe you can meet friends in VR and play bowling together in a virtual environment or something? Sounds multiplayer focused anyway. 

I know it's little to nothing to go on but I'm going to remain skeptical about this. I think I read that Benzie's baby was GTA Online and while I admire the ambition I still prefer 'traditional' videogames and by traditional I mean that if your internet went you would have a fully realized game with hours worth of things to do by yourself. 

"..blurring the lines between reality, and a simulated world."  Makes me think it's a some sort of VR thing like there some sort of cross-over. 

"..players can be entertained, and also entertain others"  What could this mean? A simulated world where you have your own online house. You can invite friends to it and sit and decide what you watch on the simulated TV? Like instead of just Skyping your old friend in another country, you hang out in this simulated world and hang out virtually, doing all kinds things like virtual zip-gliding, virtual bungee jumping etc? Maybe you go to a virtual bar and sing virtual karaoke with virtual but real strangers. 

Guess we'll have to wait and see. 

hype for EVERYWHERE :)

• HeistsActivist likes this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

any news about EVERYWHERE people?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

Dude, we'll post them here if there's news, someone will run here as soon as there's something, trust me. There is nothing.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:50 PM

So I wonder if this new series will actually allow you to live your life as you want? Does that mean choose your career? :monocle:  This is going to be interesting and the hype is going to begin! GET READY! :panic:

i hope careers and more huge freedom and animals wild and sea and map with many cities 

• D T and FATMANYOU2 like this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:57 PM

Dude, we'll post them here if there's news, someone will run here as soon as there's something, trust me. There is nothing.

this project EVERYWHERE is openworld :)

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

Nothing out in the open maybe, but more than we could imagine is going on in the shadows!

• D T likes this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

There's more job openings. Looks like they are searching for a writer in Los Angeles and another one in Edinburgh, also an environment level designer in Budapest. http://www.everywhere.game/work/

• D T likes this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

Already sounds revolutionary.

We are building an interactive universe that mixes compelling pre-authored content with player-driven narratives and believable AI behaviours, and the role involves creating engaging and entertaining content across these areas. Working with the design team and lead writer, you will be creating stories and scenarios that integrate with the overall narrative arc of the game, and writing large amounts of dialogue to flesh out both these stories and the wider simulated universe. As well as a strong understanding of narrative techniques, you must have a passion for videogames and an strong understanding of the unique demands on storytelling in interactive media.

You will be joining the studio at an exciting time, as we scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking open-world game. The role brings with it great scope for career growth and the satisfaction of making a significant personal contribution to a high-profile project. We believe in iterative development, and you will need to be comfortable working in a fluid environment with competing demands.

• UltraGizmo64, assCRACK_98 and Ivan1997GTA like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

Every game "sounds" revolutionary, that's marketing for ya - to put any stock in purely what they're saying is similar to expecting Ubisoft's games to be as their reveal shows/implies ;)
  • Los Santos citizen, Pastry, BLOOD and 1 other like this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:11 AM

EDyGML4.png

od2ezBi.png
  • UltraGizmo64 and assCRACK_98 like this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:48 AM Edited by MightyMax, 06 August 2017 - 10:50 AM.

EDyGML4.png

od2ezBi.png

if you quote Benz you will be banned from social club XD, rockstar games have kickoff The Benz from rockstar games house. Now rockstar games will soon block project EVERYWHERE by The Benz because is openworld game copy GTA game

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:15 PM Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle, 07 August 2017 - 07:16 PM.

This is the info from the job ads of everywhere game:

Everywhere will be a varied and expansive, ambitious and groundbreaking open world game with immersive ambient soundscapes. We are building an interactive universe that mixes compelling pre-authored content with player-driven narratives and believable AI behaviours, and creating engaging and entertaining content across these areas. We are creating stories and scenarios that integrate with the overall narrative arc of the game, and writing large amounts of dialogue to flesh out both these stories and the wider simulated universe. We are creating environments which resonate deeply with the players, building immersive, believable places. We are pushing the boundaries of what's possible on our platforms, writing and maintaining the code that enables the game to run efficiently while also delivering on our artistic vision and gameplay goals. Rich interactive character animation is critical to our game.

• assCRACK_98 likes this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

This is the info from the job ads of everywhere game:

Everywhere will be a varied and expansive, ambitious and groundbreaking open world game with immersive ambient soundscapes. We are building an interactive universe that mixes compelling pre-authored content with player-driven narratives and believable AI behaviours, and creating engaging and entertaining content across these areas. We are creating stories and scenarios that integrate with the overall narrative arc of the game, and writing large amounts of dialogue to flesh out both these stories and the wider simulated universe. We are creating environments which resonate deeply with the players, building immersive, believable places. We are pushing the boundaries of what's possible on our platforms, writing and maintaining the code that enables the game to run efficiently while also delivering on our artistic vision and gameplay goals. Rich interactive character animation is critical to our game.

i hope be similar to GTA but with careers and jobs roleplay

• FATMANYOU2 likes this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

So I wonder if this new series will actually allow you to live your life as you want? Does that mean choose your career? :monocle:  This is going to be interesting and the hype is going to begin! GET READY! :panic:

when we open forum and site for EVERYWHERƎ?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

Wow dude we don't even know anything about the game. Just relax until then.

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

emPxQ6d.jpg

hey Rockstar Games we are doing beast openworld game rival GTA! thanks for kick we from enterprise

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 17 August 2017 - 11:23 PM

Probably regret asking this, but why are you so enthusiastic about a game we know nothing about? Why do you think it's going to be this amazing game that'll topple GTA based on a few vague words from a designer?

you don't even know what type of game it'll be apart from "open world" as if that's a solid game idea to work on.
  • Spider-Vice, assCRACK_98 and DisCrafted like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

I have a slight feeling this is going to be a VR game.

• DisCrafted likes this

MyGtaForumsUsername
  • MyGtaForumsUsername

Entitled prat

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

And also, where has the said designer(or anyone involved for that matter?) even slightly hinted that this game tries to topple or even rival GTA?  In my understanding, that assumption comes from the fact that this project involves former Rockstar people whom some have bad blood with them, nothing more. Despite what Leslie and others have said we still have no tangible knowledge of the scope of this game and I hope it stays that way until they actually have some proper gameplay to show, because unnecessary hype can kill otherwise interesting games.

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:48 PM

I have a slight feeling this is going to be a VR game.

yeah vr is already support! , pad,keayboard :). EVERYWHERƎ will be openworld with roleplay and careers and action how copy of IDENTITY (another openworld game with roleplay and careers )    :)

Probably regret asking this, but why are you so enthusiastic about a game we know nothing about? Why do you think it's going to be this amazing game that'll topple GTA based on a few vague words from a designer?

you don't even know what type of game it'll be apart from "open world" as if that's a solid game idea to work on.

EVERYWHERƎ will be openworld with roleplay and careers and action how copy of IDENTITY (another openworld game with roleplay and careers )     :)

And also, where has the said designer(or anyone involved for that matter?) even slightly hinted that this game tries to topple or even rival GTA?  In my understanding, that assumption comes from the fact that this project involves former Rockstar people whom some have bad blood with them, nothing more. Despite what Leslie and others have said we still have no tangible knowledge of the scope of this game and I hope it stays that way until they actually have some proper gameplay to show, because unnecessary hype can kill otherwise interesting games.

EVERYWHERƎ will be openworld with roleplay and careers and action how copy of IDENTITY (another openworld game with roleplay and careers )     :)

• D T likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:12 PM

EVERYWHERƎ will be openworld with roleplay and careers and action how copy of IDENTITY (another openworld game with roleplay and careers )    [/size]

It's nice and all that you can parrot the marketing material, but what's the actual gameplay? We don't know. What does "roleplay" or "careers" or "action" or even "open world" mean in terms of Everywhere? We don't know. You don't know. There's no game to be excited over, you're getting excited over a game you've created in your head that doesn't even exist, that you're projecting onto "Everywhere". It's literally a single word, and a single designer - that's all we have.

It's funny that you mention Identity, a "game" that so far has only been represented in not even bullshots, but small rendered models like those people make in blender. Identity, even though it has more to show than Everywhere, doesn't have anything to show in terms of a game.

I mean, call me cynical, but it's weird seeing you post so many times on something that doesn't even exist. There ain't any game to be excited over.
  • Jestic and DisCrafted like this

Pastry
  • Pastry

you know i had to ring-a-ding do it to em

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

~snip~

I mean, call me cynical, but it's weird seeing you post so many times on something that doesn't even exist. There ain't any game to be excited over.

Could it be that the Benz couldn't hire marketing people and he's just here using broken english as a disguise while hyping up the game? I mean, it's possible.

Spoiler
  • Hazzardtohimself and DisCrafted like this

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

Heists 2.0 Supporter and Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

I'm actually almost as hyped as MightyMax

The Benz is a genius so I will definitely buy his games

• MightyMax likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:12 AM

Yea, Everywhere is going to be nothing like IdentityRPG. I'd bet my firstborn on that. Ones a niche lifesim in development on a tiny budget by a no-name developer the others a large budget title in development by a dude who's been making GTA's for the last 15 years. When they say they want you to live out your own fantasies they don't mean lifesim RPGing your way up the McDonalds food chain in a virtual McDonalds.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:41 AM Edited by D T, 20 August 2017 - 01:44 AM.

It's the same reason we pre-order albums by our favorite artists. We have no idea if their new songs will be good, but the previous ones have been and that's reason enough for most. The Benz is the Beatles of the gaming industry.
  • Noclue_42 likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:55 AM

ALL YOU NEED IS BENZ

da-da-da-da-daaaaaaaa

ALL YOU NEED IS BENZ

da-da-da-da-daaaaaaaa

ALL YOU NEED IS BENZ, BENZ

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

• D T and HeistsActivist like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:20 AM

It's the same reason we pre-order albums by our favorite artists. We have no idea if their new songs will be good, but the previous ones have been and that's reason enough for most. The Benz is the Beatles of the gaming industry.

There's a difference between songs, made by a few people, and video games, the product of a huge amount of people, influence and complexity. A single man does not AAA game make.

But my problem with with how Max seems to be excited for a very specific game, as if we know anything about it. So y'know.
  • slimeball supreme and HeistsActivist like this

HeistsActivist
  • HeistsActivist

Heists 2.0 Supporter and Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

ALL YOU NEED IS BENZ
da-da-da-da-daaaaaaaa
ALL YOU NEED IS BENZ
da-da-da-da-daaaaaaaa
ALL YOU NEED IS BENZ, BENZ
BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED
BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED
BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED
BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED
BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED
BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED
BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED
BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED
BENZ IS ALL YOU NEED

beautiful, it shed a tear to my eye

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

It seems they've found their writers, because they aren't searching for writers anymore.

assCRACK_98
  • assCRACK_98

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:32 AM Edited by Roger Cheeto, 28 August 2017 - 06:32 AM.

I wonder if this game will be as ambitious as Elite Dangerous, not in space, on earth or wherever it will be but just as ambitious. I think I can see the similarities.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users