240 replies to this topic
MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago

I know the description of this game is vague at best: 

“A video game that simulates and fuses the real world with the virtual. Live your own stories as you live in ours.”

I'm worried it's going to be some VR gimmick or some new Second Life sort of game that's really far removed from the sort of core of videogames that we enjoy.

"Our goal is to create a platform where players can be entertained, and also entertain others while blurring the lines between reality, and a simulated world." 

Again, it's vague but I'm also a little concerned that will will be some online social thing, not a traditional videogame. Sounds like it's an online interactive job, maybe multiplayer VR? Maybe you can meet friends in VR and play bowling together in a virtual environment or something? Sounds multiplayer focused anyway. 

I know it's little to nothing to go on but I'm going to remain skeptical about this. I think I read that Benzie's baby was GTA Online and while I admire the ambition I still prefer 'traditional' videogames and by traditional I mean that if your internet went you would have a fully realized game with hours worth of things to do by yourself. 

"..blurring the lines between reality, and a simulated world."  Makes me think it's a some sort of VR thing like there some sort of cross-over. 

"..players can be entertained, and also entertain others"  What could this mean? A simulated world where you have your own online house. You can invite friends to it and sit and decide what you watch on the simulated TV? Like instead of just Skyping your old friend in another country, you hang out in this simulated world and hang out virtually, doing all kinds things like virtual zip-gliding, virtual bungee jumping etc? Maybe you go to a virtual bar and sing virtual karaoke with virtual but real strangers. 

Guess we'll have to wait and see. 

hype for EVERYWHERE :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users