Leslie Benzies Talks New Game + New Studio w/ R* Staff

324 replies to this topic
BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Nintendo Console

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:54 PM

Why get hyped up with something fake that isn't a representative of what the game actually is? Jesus...

• BLOOD and Ivan1997GTA like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 18 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

Fake or not Fake, I am already in the zone Baby 😂😂😂😂

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:12 PM

any news about The Benz EVERYWHERE?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:27 PM

What we know is in this thread.
  • FATMANYOU2, BlackScout and Ivan1997GTA like this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

vBQCe5Q.jpg

Sunrise Driver
  • Sunrise Driver

The Infidel

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2017 - 11:12 PM

Where's that from? Is that fan art?

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Nintendo Console

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:43 AM Edited by BlackScout, 28 February 2017 - 03:44 AM.

Where's that from? Is that fan art?

Does it matter? Yes.

Think about it. It looks terrible.

• Pastry, Ivan1997GTA and TheHumanIsland like this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:34 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 01 March 2017 - 09:56 PM.

oywELxN.jpg

Spoiler

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

Whoa dude, I know you like this idea but at least put some of these pictures in spoiler tags or links. Fixed it for you.

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:08 PM Edited by MightyMax, 02 March 2017 - 07:45 PM.

Spoiler

*DERGaming
  • *DERGaming

“Respect has to be earned just like money.”

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:02 AM

Sounds like a Rockstar civil war I hope that this new game will be good I wish you them luck.

spaceshape
  • spaceshape

drink bleach, mf!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

RIP Grand Theft Auto.

Duhh The Son of GTA "EVERYWHERE".

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:22 PM Edited by MightyMax, 04 March 2017 - 01:23 PM.

RIP Grand Theft Auto.

yeah RIP Grand Theft Auto i hope much freedom and activities and enter buildings and wildlife animals

• Dream-_-Traveler likes this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Nintendo Console

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:59 PM Edited by BlackScout, 04 March 2017 - 03:59 PM.

RIP Grand Theft Auto.

The Benz: “Everywhere” is very different from GTA. There may be parts of our game that include satire but the tone will be very different and at times our players will be in control of how the tone is set.

GTA will still exist, as long as Rockstar doesn't screw over the franchise... It most likely will never fade because, well, it's GTA.

• assCRACK_98, Pastry, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Benniwest
  • Benniwest

Tricky

• Members

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:10 AM

Hi so just wanted to post my thoughts as it's been bugging more for a while.

Obviously Leslie leaving Rockstar North has massive implications for the future of GTA as a whole and whilst litigation is ongoing details are scarce.

I had this feeling back when it was announced Leslie was leaving that it may have something to do with single player dlc for gta v but obviously there was nothing to back this outlandish theory up.

As time has passed and with no single player dlc in sight for us I think I am starting to belive my own outlandish theory.

I have always kept up to date with leslie and what's he's doing, and my has he been a busy boy.

To get back on track, I had this incline that maybe a dispute raised about single player dlc. Gta online was huge and I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Rockstar may have binner single player dlc in favour of concentrating on GTA online, after all its a huge cash cow and why not go with the money over the gamers.

I read something recently involving an interview with Leslie and I'd like others thoughts to see if I'm reading to much into it.

Here's the quote

GTA Online turned out to be a huge success. Is that something you anticipated? How important do you think online multiplayer is to AAA games these days?

The Benz: I had a hunch that online was the future and hoped that we could make it a success. Im proud that the foundations we laid worked and are still working so successfully. I see a future where we dont reference single or multiplayer we just choose when we play and if we want to hang out with others or we want to be alone. Just like real life sometimes I want to be with people, sometimes I dont, or I want them around but I dont want to interact with them. Were making Everywhere as seamless as possible so players wont have to think about jumping from mode to mode except when it helps the gameplay.

To me I get the feeling that maybe Leslie is holding dear the single player gamers like myself and maybe didn't agree with our exclusion in favour of the cash cow that is GTA online.

I take from his new game and that quote that no specific mode (e.g online) will be favoured over another but will be equal thus giving gamers across all boards favourability and catering to everyone rather than the select.

Just my thoughts of course but I'd like to get the thoughts of others.
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

*DERGaming
  • *DERGaming

“Respect has to be earned just like money.”

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:37 AM

The Benz is who made GTA good and without him I don't know how the next GTA will turn out or RDR 2. Guess that it will turn into an online game and is mainly made with multiplayer in mind like Call of Duty. The only thing we can hope is that it is true that he is trying to make games without Rockstar and is using formally employees at Rockstar to do that if he really is I wish you luck Benz 

Rejeckted
  • Rejeckted

Blolla 9HA

• Facade
  • India
  • Contribution Award [GFX]
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

Well imho Leslie Benz definitely did a great job for R* games until now, but it might not be appropriate to claim that he singlehandedly is the reason behind success that R* games have achieved. Also I don't see it right to say specifically Online is the feature that has cause any downfall for the series especially when a lot of people have been having fun over all these past years. I mean our generation is moving forward and new people like new things and Rockstar as a company has to do whats best for it financially. Although I don't agree with all of the new introduction(e.g Shark Cards) but thats a different story for another day. The biggest mistake that R* might have done is not providing Online but it is to not make Single Player experience detailed enough where we get a back story of not only the Protag but also the other related NPC's. There were a few other major negatives but it also had positives like interesting Strangers and Freaks missions. 

Also we never know if GTA V SP DLC was ever in production, and how without any evidence could we claim that Benz was the one who was in support and others were not. They and I am sure we all do realize that MP has a bigger base of players these days, so not providing enough content Online(knowing that people are enjoying it) would be straightaway financial loss to company. As far as what is SP's future, we will have to wait and see. New RDR will give us a hint of their plans. My point is world is not so black and white where if someone does something wrong we start to claim that we don't like them no more or they did wrong things. Imo lets all just give them some time and rethink their strategy and may be we will have both great Single Player which is long enough and compelling to all of us and also Multi Player which is a definite yes seeing today's market(as it  could act like a stress reliever for guys after a days hard work to spend some time with their buddies). All we need to do is put our ideas out so they could listen and honestly that is all we do everyday here in forums and everywhere on internet.

As far as Everywhere is concerned I am having positive vibes about it, I think Leslie knows what we want. From what I see its seems like a mixture of both SP and MP where we can do missions alone or even involve buddies in few of them or sort of. I guess we will have to wait and see.

All above are just my opinions, you can surely hate them but if thats the case I would love to listen to yours. :^: 

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

With Benz:-

Various amount of cars added via DLC to various classes, Heists, sensible clothings, good writing that fits the GTA-verse lore and narrative.

Without Benz:-

Glorified meme cars you'd expect to find in Saints Row, a million supercars, obnoxious clothing, recycling canned old ideas thought-up by the Benz since they can't come up with their own, prices have skyrocketed.

Without Leslie, Rockstar wouldn't have gotten their first cashcow, it wouldn't have stayed functional during its rough start either without his patience and experience. I am sure that the GTA series will go downhill from hereon forth as Rockstar will water-down Singleplayer even further and keep more exclusive sh*t to Online. I'm definitely looking forward for Everywhere, and if the next GTA turns out to be rubbish storymode wise, it'll be my last one.

• Voit Turyv, UltraGizmo64, gajrajgchouhan and 2 others like this

BillGates
  • BillGates

Boot me up.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:43 PM

With Benz:-

Various amount of cars added via DLC to various classes, Heists, sensible clothings, good writing that fits the GTA-verse lore and narrative.

Without Benz:-

Glorified meme cars you'd expect to find in Saints Row, a million supercars, obnoxious clothing, recycling canned old ideas thought-up by the Benz since they can't come up with their own, prices have skyrocketed.

Without Leslie, Rockstar wouldn't have gotten their first cashcow, it wouldn't have stayed functional during its rough start either without his patience and experience. I am sure that the GTA series will go downhill from hereon forth as Rockstar will water-down Singleplayer even further and keep more exclusive sh*t to Online. I'm definitely looking forward for Everywhere, and if the next GTA turns out to be rubbish storymode wise, it'll be my last one.

That's a bit unfair to say. With all respect to The Benz, I would not think that the GTA series would go downhill. The majority of the core team still works at R* North. I actually would put the Housers as being more *important* than The Benz, to be completely honest. The Benz wasn't for instance involved in the development of Bully, right? Yet, the game, was amazing in terms of atmosphere and gameplay. What about the music put throughout the series and the actors/scripts.. This was mainly done by the Housers.... Or maybe the Housers and The Benz can only deliver quality work together?! The latter seems more plausible.

That being said, due the enormous high quality of GTA:V, it would be hard to surpass it anyway. While I expect technical improvements.. In terms of gameplay, it might feel like going to GTA:IV from GTA:SA in terms of content. Who knows. It's Rockstar. They'll definitely deliver..

• svd246 and Ivan1997GTA like this

SprunkieMonkey
  • SprunkieMonkey

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:11 PM

Not only Benz left the company. A lot of people who worked for 15 years in company left with him almost at the same time.
  • UltraGizmo64 and BillGates like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

That is true, quite a lot of Rockstar veterans are no longer with Rockstar. Craig Connor, Matthew Smith, Ian McQue, Felipe Busquets, Adam Cochrane, Stephen Bliss, and quite a few more. Most of them left after being in the company for a decade or more, so that's not a decision taken lightly.

• Ash_735, UltraGizmo64, BillGates and 4 others like this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:24 PM Edited by Deadly Target, 19 March 2017 - 08:06 PM.

What about the music put throughout the series and the actors/scripts.. This was mainly done by the Housers....

We have to credit the Housers for that one. Copy pasting the Scarface plot and soundtrack into GTA III & VC is not as easy as it sounds.

BillGates
  • BillGates

Boot me up.

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

That is true, quite a lot of Rockstar veterans are no longer with Rockstar. Craig Connor, Matthew Smith, Ian McQue, Felipe Busquets, Adam Cochrane, Stephen Bliss, and quite a few more. Most of them left after being in the company for a decade or more, so that's not a decision taken lightly.

Bloody hell. I was unaware of that. Maybe there is more into this case after all..

What about the music put throughout the series and the actors/scripts.. This was mainly done by the Housers....

We have to credit the Housers for that one. Copying and pasting the Scarface plot and soundtrack into GTA III & VC is not as easy as it sounds.

In 2001 this was a hard thing to do. But the Housers had some good contacts. GTA:VC would have never had an amazing soundtrack without them.

But the Housers are more important than just soundtrack.

I really would be amazed if they mess up the next GTA or RDR2.

• Pastry likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 11 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

Speaking of leaving developers, some interesting insight from Glassdoor:

pvoH9EI.png

• Ash_735, Efreet, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 3 others like this

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:23 PM Edited by Jabalous, 11 March 2017 - 04:24 PM.

Interesting. I understand that he's mainly complaining about being undervalued working in a local studio, because if R* returns to studio-specific projects, the working hours per week might get even worse because he's saying that the work is 80 hours with global development. It seems to me that Rockstar North and San Diego always take the leading roles and then other studios go down in the hierarchy, so employees at the bottom may feel overshadowed.    

• Spider-Vice and UltraGizmo64 like this

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

gta 2 didnt involve the benz so the gta series will be better off without him lol

also everywhere will probably turn out to be average
  • slimeball supreme likes this

kingcs
  • kingcs

OG Status

• Members

Posted 12 March 2017 - 12:45 AM

gta 2 didnt involve the benz so the gta series will be better off without him lol

Lol at this reach. Had to go all the way back to GTA 2 to discredit him while overlooking the monumental games that he oversaw.

• Sunrise Driver and Sim K like this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

☭ rip sven ☭

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:54 AM Edited by Mr. Fartenhate, 12 March 2017 - 08:57 AM.

jokes and doubt are not allowed in this thread. only worshipping our lord and saviour THE BENZ, the undeniable god amongst men who saved the gta series by apparently doing everything. thanks to him leaving, now the writing is worse and like meme cars??? i think, im not sure honestly. anyway i didn't like gta v so i just want the series to die now so i can complain more

anyway im super hyped for everywhere even though there's like three pieces of information about it (one of them being that THE BENZ is working on it) and it's probably just gonna be a second life knock off
  • Sunrise Driver, Gummy  and straightupmenace like this

Shakez
  • Shakez

SHAKE IT

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

So gta 6 will suffer from this?
Imagine if Leslie was still on R*.The next gta would be amazing
Let's hope they will bring one more GTA.I think it will be the last masterpiece from R for us.

what do you guys think?
Will we have a future gta? or V was the last?

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:04 PM Edited by FATMANYOU2, 16 March 2017 - 05:25 PM.

So gta 6 will suffer from this?
Imagine if Leslie was still on R*.The next gta would be amazing
Let's hope they will bring one more GTA.I think it will be the last masterpiece from R for us.

what do you guys think?
Will we have a future gta? or V was the last?

I honestly think 5 is it, now I'm speculating here. Question is, what will Everywhere bring us? Now, no doubt it's open world. Will it be online base only, I'm truly hoping Not? I'm hoping both single and online, but somewhat even love for both. GTA 5 is an awesome game but there was So much online content that the story mode should have had. Will see?
  • UltraGizmo64 and Shakez like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users