Leslie Benzies Talks New Game + New Studio w/ R* Staff

324 replies to this topic
Arabia
  • Arabia

Snitch

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Identity, so far, has been complete vaporware.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

I assume you mean Star Citizen and not Elite Dangerous? Elite's not a particularly ambitious game, where as SC is trying to be a million different things at once.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:20 AM

They seem to be looking for character artists.

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:28 PM

what type of game you think be EVERYWHERE ( roleplay?)

assCRACK_98
  • assCRACK_98

RIP AGP

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:56 AM

I assume you mean Star Citizen and not Elite Dangerous? Elite's not a particularly ambitious game, where as SC is trying to be a million different things at once.

Lol, kinda. Not in its current state, I'm going off of what frontier wants, fps, atmospheric landings, cities, stuff like that, more of what SC has just in a bigger area. SC is more story orientated too, Elite has some of the 'players create thier own stories' that The Benz is obbsessed with.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

Lol, kinda. Not in its current state, I'm going off of what frontier wants, fps, atmospheric landings, cities, stuff like that, more of what SC has just in a bigger area. SC is more story orientated too, Elite has some of the 'players create thier own stories' that The Benz is obbsessed with.

Oh, interesting. Never knew those were long term goals for Elite. They have the tech for players to build towns/cities from Planet Coaster, makes sense that they'd look to adapt it for Elite.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

I hope it's a third person action-adventure game with a huge map and option of driving and piloting vehicles, just not about being a criminal or a police officer. So what else is there besides killing people and robbing stuff?

I think travelling to new places, taking pictures, playing sports (as a pastime), taking part in cultural events, surviving in the wilderness, sailing the seas, climbing mountains, skiing from the top of the mountain, base jumping, whitewater rafting, scuba diving, making friends and exchanging services to friends. trading with friends and shopkeepers, Collecting items from the vast map, Sure, I hope there are RPG elements to the game, but I expect it won't feel like a grind.

• MightyMax and Ivan1997GTA like this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

I hope it's a third person action-adventure game with a huge map and option of driving and piloting vehicles, just not about being a criminal or a police officer. So what else is there besides killing people and robbing stuff?

I think travelling to new places, taking pictures, playing sports (as a pastime), taking part in cultural events, surviving in the wilderness, sailing the seas, climbing mountains, skiing from the top of the mountain, base jumping, whitewater rafting, scuba diving, making friends and exchanging services to friends. trading with friends and shopkeepers, Collecting items from the vast map, Sure, I hope there are RPG elements to the game, but I expect it won't feel like a grind.

yes this is roleplay :)    i like see animals in the game (sharks all types, fish all types,onto animals), i think we have activities and careers :) 

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:52 AM

So I wonder if this new series will actually allow you to live your life as you want? Does that mean choose your career? :monocle:  This is going to be interesting and the hype is going to begin! GET READY! :panic:

roleplay mode :)

• FATMANYOU2 and Ivan1997GTA like this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:39 PM

Seems they are looking for a build engineer in Edinburgh among others. There still seems to be a lot of jobs available.

http://www.everywhere.game/work/

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

Seems they are looking for a build engineer in Edinburgh among others. There still seems to be a lot of jobs available.

i hope soon they release news about game :) and maybe screens and videos

JamesG
  • JamesG

GoodFellas

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:45 AM

i hope soon they release news about game :) and maybe screens and videos

I don't know when they started working on it, but I'd imagine it's still a long long way away from the point where it's ready to show the world. I'll give it a couple more years. They're still building the studio up, the project is probably still in pre-pre-alpha. 

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 31 October 2017 - 04:11 PM

Lead back-end programmer, Lead gameplay networking programmer and Senior gameplay networking programmer are the new additions to list of sought after talent.

deadasdisco
  • deadasdisco

Rat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:57 AM Edited by deadasdisco, 06 November 2017 - 03:03 AM.

Hi all,

Recently I have done some thorough research regarding the game ‘Everywhere’ and The Benz new studios. From my current ongoing analysis, Everywhere has currently scaled up to 46+ employees (source Linkedin) with amazing talent and veteran developers from Rockstar Games, Crytek, Digic Pictures and others. The game looks to have started development a year ago in November 2016, however the 3 studios have been extensively scaled up roughly in the past 4-8 months. 

Some of the talent The Benz and team have managed to grab from Rockstar Games for those whoo are interested (names covered out of respect to them). View if you wish:

Spoiler

To add to this, some of the veteran Crytek talent seem to be evolving Amazon’s Lumberyard engine with the relevant tools necessary. This is promising as Amazon Lumberyard is actually licensed and based on Crytek’s well known Cryengine. They'll know the ins and outs of the engine.

Anyway to end, a lot of this information you probably know from articles, I just wanted to summarise for people who didn’t know. This is looks to be a really exciting project, with a lot of talented people. I don’t expect anything shown until the next 1-2 years but you never know.

Thanks for reading :) 

• D T, Noclue_42, Ivan1997GTA and 1 other like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 November 2017 - 01:48 PM

I expect something truly innovative and groundbreaking, and nothing less.

after all it's the benz who started this project, it's a given it will be special!

• deadasdisco likes this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2017 - 01:40 PM Edited by D T, 07 November 2017 - 03:42 PM.

@disco Awesome news! Thanks for sharing dude. Everywhere will become a household name.

• deadasdisco likes this

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

You'll walk... WITH A LIMP!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

Hi all,

Recently I have done some thorough research regarding the game ‘Everywhere’ and The Benz new studios. From my current ongoing analysis, Everywhere has currently scaled up to 46+ employees (source Linkedin) with amazing talent and veteran developers from Rockstar Games, Crytek, Digic Pictures and others. The game looks to have started development a year ago in November 2016, however the 3 studios have been extensively scaled up roughly in the past 4-8 months. 

Some of the talent The Benz and team have managed to grab from Rockstar Games for those whoo are interested (names covered out of respect to them). View if you wish:

Spoiler

To add to this, some of the veteran Crytek talent seem to be evolving Amazon’s Lumberyard engine with the relevant tools necessary. This is promising as Amazon Lumberyard is actually licensed and based on Crytek’s well known Cryengine. They'll know the ins and outs of the engine.

Anyway to end, a lot of this information you probably know from articles, I just wanted to summarise for people who didn’t know. This is looks to be a really exciting project, with a lot of talented people. I don’t expect anything shown until the next 1-2 years but you never know.

Thanks for reading :) 

i dont think we will see this game in like 5+ years their not backed up by a big publisher like take two. No conformation of platform or any game-play info. Their website is just a hiring page right now 

• deadasdisco likes this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 4 weeks ago

New additions to sought after talent:

• senior gameplay programmer
  • senior technical artist

http://everywhere.game/work/

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by BLOOD, 4 weeks ago.

Stealing more R* talents (plus that interview with GI and IGN on GTA Online almost failing until 2015 did not help his image i guess) and you folks thought was the Great Messiah of Gaming  :lol:  :lol:

EDIT/NOTE: I will love to see Take-Two's main rivals, Activision and EA buying his company (the latter will shut it down). Anyway how is Amazon going for them? Since Bezos could give a rat about gaming lol.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm sure GTA:O having a rough first year has completely ruined the reputation he built up from being the lead developer on every GTA in the 3D era. As for Amazon, he's using their engine (Lumberyard) which is a fantastic game engine and is being used to do some insanely impressive things in Star Citizen like planet sized cities.

But it's cool to see you hoping to see people lose their jobs.  :sigh:

• Noclue_42 and AUScowboy like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Not really on the job loss part, it just business since The Benz will sure sell look at Vince Zampella  :colgate: Plus at 47 years he will need a more experienced and older mentor running his company. Take-Two's Lead Independent Director (aka Vice-Chairman of the Board) is 71 years old and was running all of entertainment when the The Benz was still a young lad. And SZ is 60 yrs old. And luckily they manage the company that owns R*  :colgate:

EDIT/NOTE: Let put Publishing, Distribution, Marketing, Sales, etc. aside, if the game is not unique and flops then he will likely sell. Not to even talk about Global geography footprint mostly Asia. Your need to be own by one of the Big Boys (Activision Blizzard, EA, Take-Two, Ubisoft, Konami, Sega, Bandai Namco, Capcom, Square Enix, Nexon, Zynga, Netmarble) to be able to get all types of audiences. Looking at Sega or Ubisoft picking them up (I see them also stealing PUBG devs).

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

You really don't need to be owned by "one of the big boys" to get a big audience. To even suggest that in todays world is daft, frankly. We're living in an era where anyone can make a mega-hit game, that's exactly how games like Minecraft and PUBG became what they are and those are just the tip of the iceberg. The whole him needing an older mentor to run the company is nothing more than silly talk too. The dude ran one of the most successful game developers in history for well over a decade and when he left he got investors on board and set up partnerships and studios in a matter of months which means he has a long list of people willing and wanting to work with him, so I'm sure he'll get by juuuust fine. Hell, the fact he keeps getting ex-North devs to join him looks bad on North more than it does him, lol.

We don't know how it's all gonna turn out, but his track record is one people would kill for, he's getting talented people involved and I doubt he's lacking funding, so there's no reason to be anything but curious or even a little be excited about what Everywhere could potentially be, because we have no reason to be doom and gloom this early.

• Zello likes this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

You really don't need to be owned by "one of the big boys" to get a big audience. To even suggest that in todays world is daft, frankly. We're living in an era where anyone can make a mega-hit game, that's exactly how games like Minecraft and PUBG became what they are and those are just the tip of the iceberg. The whole him needing an older mentor to run the company is nothing more than silly talk too. The dude ran one of the most successful game developers in history for well over a decade and when he left he got investors on board and set up partnerships and studios in a matter of months which means he has a long list of people willing and wanting to work with him, so I'm sure he'll get by juuuust fine. Hell, the fact he keeps getting ex-North devs to join him looks bad on North more than it does him, lol.

We don't know how it's all gonna turn out, but his track record is one people would kill for, he's getting talented people involved and I doubt he's lacking funding, so there's no reason to be anything but curious or even a little be excited about what Everywhere could potentially be, because we have no reason to be doom and gloom this early.

And who owns Minecraft now? Plus PUBG is owned by Blue Hole a really established game company based in Asia (the biggest regions for games outside NA). And him stealing people from North shows that he does not know how to make games, and Everywhere could go the way of No Man's Sky or Crackdown (the latter was created by DMA now North co-founder Dave Jones who also created the 2D GTA games). With the ongoing lawsuit with R* and Take-Two, he could be sued for stealing employees which have contracts. And lastly he needs a very older person running the business side or chairman-CEO of the board  :colgate:

EDIT/NOTE: He is the British version of Kojima  :lol:

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yes, and why did Microsoft buy Minecraft? Because it was ridiculously popular and MS wanted it in it's pocket. So many break out games have come from small independent studios over the past 10 years or so and it has completely changed the industry for the better. For the first time ever, you don't need a big publisher to be a success.

And him stealing people from North shows that he does not know how to make games

Oh dear... At least you compared him to Kojima though, one of the industries greatest and most beloved developers of all time.

• Underrated Unknown likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 4 weeks ago.

North is the main and probably most talented R* studio, what are you on about Blood? Also he didn't steal anyone from North, the people that went with him had already quit Rockstar before and were close acquaintances of the Benz. Do you even know what you're saying? So North doesn't know how to make games when they made all of the GTA's and had a big role in Max Payne 3 (well and in every single R* game)?

• Jason and AUScowboy like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Dont get me wrong, he is a legend but at the same time he looks to be doing like he is a "god" lol.

EDIT/NOTE: EA lost Zampella back in the Medal of Honors days to go create thye beast that is Call of Duty only to buy him back for $455 million. Everywhere will certainly not repeat same history but I think Take-Two in future will splash $100 million+ more or less buy him back  :colgate:

@Spider-Vice: I did not sat that..I said, He is stealing them because he did not know how to make games lol. And he also does not know how to run a company (North is a subsidiary of R*  a subsidiary of Take-Two a publicly-traded company. So in hierarchy structure North will always have a responsible manager)

Underrated Unknown
  • Underrated Unknown

Made For People Just Like You: Individuals.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

And lastly he needs a very older person running the business side or chairman-CEO of the board  :colgate:

EDIT/NOTE: He is the British version of Kojima  :lol:

And he also does not know how to run a company (North is a subsidiary of R*  a subsidiary of Take-Two a publicly-traded company. So in hierarchy structure North will always have a responsible manager)

giphy.gif

• .Bach, RedDagger, Noclue_42 and 1 other like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

blood is certainly my pick for troll of the year. even if he's serious, he's trolling!

• .Bach and BLOOD like this

.Bach
  • .Bach

λ

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Everyone knows he's a troll. Just go and take a look at the Take-Two discussion thread and you'll see him supporting one of the worst, most anti-consumer publishers of the AAA industry.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

• Members
  • None

blood is certainly my pick for troll of the year. even if he's serious, he's trolling!

My man  :colgate: :^:   Well off i go  :colgate:  :lol:

@.Bach: Worst? I guess you are a fanboy of EA .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users