Everywhere - The new game by Leslie Bėnzies

378 replies to this topic
MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:39 PM

This game needs to be called NOWHERE, I don't see it going anywhere. Sorry, just being real.

I hope we can go anywhere whole world global

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:45 PM

This game needs to be called NOWHERE, I don't see it going anywhere. Sorry, just being real.

How can you say that when they haven't even revealed anything yet?
You what Think about everywhere? This game Will be massive openworld roleplay,driving,action,careers,activities,etc...

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:14 PM

New position open: Environment artist

http://everywhere.game/work/

• MightyMax likes this

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:53 PM

EXACTLY!
  • MightyMax likes this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

EXACTLY!
Everywhere Will be massive openworld i hope be how whole world global :)

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 04 January 2018 - 04:53 AM

yeah TheBenz being scottish, i believe their main studio will be in Edinburg. Crytek Engine is very powerful but i read it wasn't very good in 3rd person view. frankly i'm not sure that even experienced devs like TheBenz and his team will be able to get something descent with that thing. i read Crytek engine was powerful especially regarding with graphics, but when you see the problems a very experienced developper like Chris Roberts had with it, i really don't know. i mean it could be great, as it could be a nice and plain fail too :(. however right now there isn't 200 000 choices, it's or UE4, or Unity, or CE/Lumberyard. the good point is that Amazon plans to develop games on Lumberyard. so normally, there should be a good support, and things could only get better...

• MightyMax likes this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:51 AM

yeah TheBenz being scottish, i believe their main studio will be in Edinburg. Crytek Engine is very powerful but i read it wasn't very good in 3rd person view. frankly i'm not sure that even experienced devs like TheBenz and his team will be able to get something descent with that thing. i read Crytek engine was powerful especially regarding with graphics, but when you see the problems a very experienced developper like Chris Roberts had with it, i really don't know. i mean it could be great, as it could be a nice and plain fail too :(. however right now there isn't 200 000 choices, it's or UE4, or Unity, or CE/Lumberyard. the good point is that Amazon plans to develop games on Lumberyard. so normally, there should be a good support, and things could only get better...

Amazon lumberyard is very excellent for everywhere :), star citizen is sh*t of game never liked.

JamesG
  • JamesG

GoodFellas

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:11 PM

Either of those engines can make a great high quality game with a studio full of talented people. Lumberyard hasn't really been used much by professionals so we haven't seen the full potential of it.

Yes, it's based off cry engine, but Amazon are making their own thing out of it. I've seen some great looking environments in that engine, and I'm sure the group Leslie is putting together can whip up some great mechanics.

• jpm1 and MightyMax like this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:09 PM

Either of those engines can make a great high quality game with a studio full of talented people. Lumberyard hasn't really been used much by professionals so we haven't seen the full potential of it.

Yes, it's based off cry engine, but Amazon are making their own thing out of it. I've seen some great looking environments in that engine, and I'm sure the group Leslie is putting together can whip up some great mechanics

leslie have great choose for amazon lumberyard because with amazon can have partner for sell game if him want retail box bluray/dvd.

New position open: Environment artist

http://everywhere.game/work/

the team is growing more and more with new young talents :)

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:23 AM

Yes, it's based off cry engine, but Amazon are making their own thing out of it. I've seen some great looking environments in that engine, and I'm sure the group Leslie is putting together can whip up some great mechanics.

yeah amazon lumberyard be great engine for do Everywhere, we hope this product can give to we the best competitor/rival of GTA

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:48 PM Edited by MightyMax, 11 January 2018 - 10:49 PM.

this is great info from polygon interview

The Grand Theft Auto games have always been about sending up American pop culture with puerile humor and a healthy dose of cynicism. Is that something you’re interested in?

The Benz: “Everywhere” is very different from GTA. There may be parts of our game that include satire but the tone will be very different and at times our players will be in control of how the tone is set.

Smith: We’ll have a distinctive style and tone, and plenty of story and characters — but what I find more interesting is letting players create their own stories, their own personalities. To a degree, more like a social network — where what’s being commented on or ridiculed isn’t written three years in advance, but can change hour by hour. And if a future President chose to make policy announcements in “Everywhere,” that’s something I’d certainly find interesting!

GTA Online turned out to be a huge success. Is that something you anticipated? How important do you think online multiplayer is to AAA games these days?

The Benz: I had a hunch that online was the future and hoped that we could make it a success. I’m proud that the foundations we laid worked and are still working so successfully. I see a future where we don’t reference single or multiplayer — we just choose when we play and if we want to hang out with others or we want to be alone. Just like real life — sometimes I want to be with people, sometimes I don’t, or I want them around but I don’t want to interact with them. We’re making “Everywhere” as seamless as possible so players won’t have to think about jumping from mode to mode — except when it helps the gameplay.

Nice idea this to do hang out mode sp to mp without change mode and waiting loadings :)

source: https://www.polygon....s-matthew-smith

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Aurora Creek, Oregon

• Portugal
  • Best GTA Series Historian
    Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:53 AM

Dude we get it, you love Everywhere, but please refrain from posting so many times repeatedly. 

• MightyMax and HeistsActivist like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Best Poster in Gaming 2017
    Best Topic 2017 [Microtransactions]
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:30 AM

So uh...what makes Lumberyard a good engine choice?

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:55 AM Edited by Hmmm nice bike, 12 January 2018 - 05:56 AM.

It's free, and a short testimonial from Leslie Benz is on Amazon's main page for Lumberyard, so there's probably some kind of deal between him and Amazon. Plus, given what I've read about the RAGE engine and all of the development issues associated with it from employees who complain at company review sites, lumberyard can't be half as bad to work with.

Honestly though, I dunno why but I really don't think I see this game moving forward in any way. I don't even get much of the idea behind it. Is it like GTA? The Sims? Elder Scrolls? Much of what they've talked about reminds me more of just some kind of development experiment or concept, rather than an actual game. It's all too vague. But if that's the case, maybe something else could be made out of it. After all, GTA started off as a completely different project than what they had in mind.

• universetwisters, MightyMax and Pastry like this

JamesG
  • JamesG

GoodFellas

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:57 AM

Honestly though, I dunno why but I really don't think I see this game moving forward in any way. I don't even get much of the idea behind it. Is it like GTA? The Sims? Elder Scrolls? Much of what they've talked about reminds me more of just some kind of development experiment or concept, rather than an actual game. It's all too vague. But if that's the case, maybe something else could be made out of it. After all, GTA started off as a completely different project than what they had in mind.

Remember PlayStation Home? From what I've read, that's the vibe I'm getting from this. It'll be a sort of social hub with more features like a full on game. Driving, flying, etc. Maybe guns and drugs. Maybe look into Identity, because I think it's similar to what they are doing also. 

I assume it's sort of like GTA, as in you can go everywhere with freedom and do whatever the game can allow you to do, but deeper than that. It isn't just about organised crime, stealing cars, and blowing people up for fun. It's a more realistic kind of game. So nothing like GTA. You buy your car, apartment/house, work for money be it legitimate or illegitimate... It's a very ambitious project, I will be surprised if they pull it off. But at least it won't have flying cars and kids who kill you for no reason because they think it's funny. 

• MightyMax and HeistsActivist like this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

Remember PlayStation Home? From what I've read, that's the vibe I'm getting from this. It'll be a sort of social hub with more features like a full on game. Driving, flying, etc. Maybe guns and drugs. Maybe look into Identity, because I think it's similar to what they are doing also. 

I assume it's sort of like GTA, as in you can go everywhere with freedom and do whatever the game can allow you to do, but deeper than that. It isn't just about organised crime, stealing cars, and blowing people up for fun. It's a more realistic kind of game. So nothing like GTA. You buy your car, apartment/house, work for money be it legitimate or illegitimate... It's a very ambitious project, I will be surprised if they pull it off. But at least it won't have flying cars and kids who kill you for no reason because they think it's funny. 

you have hit the mark it's realistic kind of game :)

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:09 AM

It's free, and a short testimonial from Leslie Benz is on Amazon's main page for Lumberyard, so there's probably some kind of deal between him and Amazon. Plus, given what I've read about the RAGE engine and all of the development issues associated with it from employees who complain at company review sites, lumberyard can't be half as bad to work with.

Everywhere will be type GTA very similar but realistic/roleplay

Dude we get it, you love Everywhere, but please refrain from posting so many times repeatedly. 

sorry if i posting so many times repeatedly.

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

Formerly: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:43 AM Edited by BLOOD, 13 January 2018 - 01:41 AM.

Amazon should buy his studios bringing it under Amazon Game Studios and easy access to AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Twitch. With a stock market valuation of $628 Billion, the acquisition will be in the millions a round error for Jeff Bezos.

spitfire 26 rus
  • spitfire 26 rus

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:17 AM Edited by spitfire 26 rus, 19 January 2018 - 07:30 AM.

senior animator GTA V

6vsYUwiTTTo.jpg

http://jobs.gamesind....biz/everywhere

• Nem_Wan, UltraGizmo64, MightyMax and 2 others like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:06 PM Edited by jpm1, 19 January 2018 - 04:47 PM.

Amazon should buy his studios bringing it under Amazon Game Studios and easy access to AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Twitch. With a stock market valuation of $628 Billion, the acquisition will be in the millions a round error for Jeff Bezos.

i hope this is the last thing they'll do. being bought means you loose control on your creation

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

i hope this is the last thing they'll do. being bough means you loose control on your creation

why you say loose control on your creation? you not like cloud AWS (Amazon Web Services)?

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:58 PM Edited by jpm1, 19 January 2018 - 04:59 PM.

i know a fantastic game called Sleeping dogs. the sequel of that game has being sent to the trashbin (to sum it up) by the mother company i don't remember Eidos or Square enix because they didn't like the direction the game took. that game was great with so much potential, and it took few words from the producer to stop it all. when you are independant you can choose your own directions, and stay focused on them. this is what makes the difference between good and anthology games. when financiary concerns join in, generally it all goes live (like we say in France. means everything is going out of control/wrong)

• MightyMax likes this

BUT THE BENZ
  • BUT THE BENZ

How much for the benz?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:34 PM

senior animator GTA V

6vsYUwiTTTo.jpg

sounds good!

• MightyMax likes this

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 January 2018 - 06:39 PM

i know a fantastic game called Sleeping dogs. the sequel of that game has being sent to the trashbin (to sum it up) by the mother company i don't remember Eidos or Square enix because they didn't like the direction the game took. that game was great with so much potential, and it took few words from the producer to stop it all. when you are independant you can choose your own directions, and stay focused on them. this is what makes the difference between good and anthology games. when financiary concerns join in, generally it all goes live (like we say in France. means everything is going out of control/wrong)

i like it true crime new york game years ago, best game police simulator where you catch peds XD and be police man :)

MightyMax
  • MightyMax

Playa

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:24 PM Edited by MightyMax, 19 January 2018 - 10:34 PM.

here all list people worker for Everywhere Game for now

here below Linkedin profiles

https://www.linkedin...ny=["17935039"]

• spitfire 26 rus and mombo2811 like this

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

Formerly: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:16 PM Edited by BLOOD, 21 January 2018 - 01:18 PM.

Amazon/Amazon Game Studios cannot compete with the likes of Activision Blizzard, EA, Take-Two, Square Enix, Capcom, SIE, et.al. Heck Microsoft Studios, so they need to do a big acquisition since hiring talents ain't helping and everyone knows them as a retailer and cloud provider. Buying Everywhere gives them the brain and talent of The Benz and also gives the Everywhere team more fund to deliver the game (sadly Amazon canned/halt all their gaming projects) so The Benz selling is not a good idea for now.

Note: It will be ironic if Take-Two's Private Division ends up publishing Everywhere.
  • MightyMax likes this

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:49 AM

senior animator GTA V
6vsYUwiTTTo.jpg

Yup, it's a done deal now. I can't wait for this game to kill GTA Online.
  • MightyMax, HeistsActivist and Vigilante88 like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

To answer this, basically it's the closest thing to RAGE compared to all of the engines out there (well the Crytek engine was).
  • RedDagger and MightyMax like this

NeonDolphin
  • NeonDolphin

Crackhead

• Members
  • Marshall-Islands

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:54 PM Edited by NeonDolphin, 23 January 2018 - 04:25 PM.

"Everywhere"

"Blurring the lines"

"Not like GTA"

"Seamless social interactions"

"Smth new to games"

We have something in mind that is classical gaming through and through, but with some really interesting extra layers that we hope can both immerse existing gamers like never before, and bring in whole new sections of society who’ve never considered themselves gamers.

but what I find more interesting is letting players create their own stories, their own personalities. To a degree, more like a social network — where what’s being commented on or ridiculed isn’t written three years in advance, but can change hour by hour.

I hope it's not some AR game like Ingress or Pokemon GO, just enhanced. Or Second Life.

• MightyMax likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:35 PM

Sounds an awful lot like second life.
  • Jestic, Spider-Vice and MightyMax like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users