GTA IV Beta Maverick

IV WIP
5 replies to this topic
BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2017 - 06:44 PM Edited by BrownieBear, 23 May 2017 - 07:46 PM.

Beta Two-Bladed Maverick

Released! Finally though... and yet it's not finished! What a surprise

I felt something was missing... well, it wasn't really missing. Instead they were copied and rotated 90 degrees.

The second official trailer of GTA IV showed a two-bladed maverick and closed side doors. Also the color patern was different and the helicopter didn't have any texts on it like the Maverick that's in the game today. The beta Maverick is also used as a Weazel News helicopter hovering above a group of fighting people which can be seen with the ingame television or inside the game files.

I don't like four blades and the side doors that are always open. Neither do I like the different two-colored body of the Maverick. My "mission" is to change the Maverick back to it's beta appearance.

You may have noticed the two extra striped on the helicopter shown on the boxart? Tell me if that needs to return.

It may take a while before this is finished. The open passenger doors of the released version are now attached to the main body of the helicopter. The doors were never meant to be closed in the final version and that's also one of the main reasons why the animation has to be changed for both entering/leaving the rear-seats and just sitting.

The player/ped sitting in the current Maverick will lean with one foot outside the helicopter, and I will replace this animation with the front-seat passenger. The door animation will be added too as they will be fully functional with this mod.

Please, I am just new to this modding stuff so I would love to get some help getting my rear passenger doors to work and the sitting animation. Please leave a reply if you want to help me. It would be great!

The mod will be released in three different versions:

-Beta Maverick (Includes color scheme, two blades & closed side doors)-

*Read this!*

This model won't be locked as it is still "Rockstar Games's" model. However this does NOT mean it's allowed to upload it anywhere else.

If you want to use the Beta Maverick for a certain pack, please PM me.

*This is a list of things I've gotta do. After every major change the Maverick will be tested ingame. Bugs will also be mentioned in this post.*

Changing color-scheme for main body, doors, tail & landing skids - DONE

Removing main & tail blades - DONE

Removing detailed parts that weren't present in the beta - DONE

Closing doors - DONE

Sitting animation - CANCELLED

Removing decals - DONE

Adding new colors to carcols.dat - DONE

Beta moving rotor texture - CANCELLED

*Bugs that appear during development will be posted here.*

The doors have been changed into components called extra_3 and extra_5. They do appear on the heli and work perfectly fine although for some reason I can't disable them or add/remove them both by trainer or spawning another one but this 'bug' isn't harmful so you're safe!

Released! (99% done)

CLICK ME TO DOWNLOAD THIS HELICOPTER!

Here are some "renders" I created of the new old Maverick to show how it will look if you haven't ever seen it before.

Spoiler

Beta Maverick in ingame commercials or TV shows.

Spoiler

WIP pictures (Updated: 24th of January 2017 at 22:03 CET)

Spoiler

WIP pictures (Updated: 25th of January 2017 at 20:39 CET)

Spoiler

WIP pictures (Updated: 6th February 2017 at 23:33 CET)

Spoiler

WIP pictures (Updated: 11th of Fanuary 2017 at 13:19 CET)

Spoiler

V0.8 has finally risen! The doors are almost fully functional. Opening/Closing is working perfectly fine!

w0Tu3WP.png

V0.6 is now a thing! I know I skipped 0.3 up to 0.5. But there's only 6 stages. 2 things left to do before the public release!!!

5WxYecK.png

The mod has reached v0.2 and is only 0.8 versions away from being released!!

HWKgY3t.png

• Blackbird88, R4gN0r0K, universetwisters and 12 others like this

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Hello people who have been looking at this topic. I need some help getting them rear doors to work. Also the animation of getting in, sitting, aiming/shooting & leaving have to be changed. I would love to get some help with this.

The model is saved with the doors already detached. Only thing left to do there is adding a dummy and placing it on the right place. Just don't know how that works.

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:40 PM

the main reason those blades looks nice in trailers and in-game media is because of the blending effect that sadly was ditched during development

if you or someone you know could recreate the said effect, then you're in business for a seriously good mod

with some luck the leftover code may still be in the game, if you know where to look

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:38 PM Edited by BrownieBear, 06 February 2017 - 06:18 PM.

the main reason those blades looks nice in trailers and in-game media is because of the blending effect that sadly was ditched during development

if you or someone you know could recreate the said effect, then you're in business for a seriously good mod

with some luck the leftover code may still be in the game, if you know where to look

This post has been deleted

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

A small preview video has been posted and can also be found right here!

• Ruvix likes this

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

The mod has now been released but I would love to get a little help with the components as they're not working at all...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users