Photo

The Dragon Ball Thread

15 replies to this topic
infectedG636
  • infectedG636

Hi I'm Old Man, and this is my son Pawnshop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:45 AM Edited by infectedG636, 22 January 2017 - 01:54 AM.

If there was a similar thread in the past, I apologize

Anyways, this thread is to discuss dragon ball stuff. I know there's a sub reddit and other sites from the dragon ball community, but I wonder how many of you guys/gals in GTAforums love dragon ball.
Anyways, enjoy.

Oh and one more thing (IGNORE THIS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED)

Spoiler

Ciao :) (please use spoiler tags. If you don't know how to, go here http://gtaforums.com...ning-spoilers/ courtesy from  darthYENIK

• HeavyDuke likes this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

I've watched all episodes from dragon ball to supers current episode. Can't wait for the next arc and have high hopes for it. Didn't like the previous arc at all though. The power scaling was a complete disaster if you ask me. The story setup was fun but it turned into a clusterfck near the end.

• Richard Power Colt likes this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2017 - 09:52 PM

I've watched all episodes from dragon ball to supers current episode. Can't wait for the next arc and have high hopes for it. Didn't like the previous arc at all though. The power scaling was a complete disaster if you ask me. The story setup was fun but it turned into a clusterfck near the end.

Funny, the last arc was one of my favorite arcs of the franchise (with goku black in particular being my favorite DB villain)

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2017 - 10:36 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 27 January 2017 - 10:38 PM.

I much prefer Dragon Ball Multiverse to Super even though it's fan-created. Super to me is really hard to see as something much more than a cash-grab. The 10 years following the defeat of Majin Buu were originally supposed to be peace time, and now suddenly we have all these new transformations, Frieza being revived for like a day (seriously what the hell was that about?), and the nerfing of my favorite Dragon Ball character Vegito. I was incredibly dissatisfied with how they handled his return and how they made the fusion a temporary one instead of the permanent one from the original series. Not only that, they brought him back for like 10 minutes and he accomplished absolutely nothing in the battle against Zamasu.

I actually prefer the filler episodes to the main plot if I'm being honest, they feel more like classic Dragon Ball mini-stories.

I would have much preferred it if they had picked up with Goku training Uub at the end of the original series.

infectedG636
  • infectedG636

Hi I'm Old Man, and this is my son Pawnshop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2017 - 06:18 AM Edited by infectedG636, 28 January 2017 - 06:19 AM.

I much prefer Dragon Ball Multiverse to Super even though it's fan-created. Super to me is really hard to see as something much more than a cash-grab. The 10 years following the defeat of Majin Buu were originally supposed to be peace time, and now suddenly we have all these new transformations, Frieza being revived for like a day (seriously what the hell was that about?), and the nerfing of my favorite Dragon Ball character Vegito. I was incredibly dissatisfied with how they handled his return and how they made the fusion a temporary one instead of the permanent one from the original series. Not only that, they brought him back for like 10 minutes and he accomplished absolutely nothing in the battle against Zamasu.

I actually prefer the filler episodes to the main plot if I'm being honest, they feel more like classic Dragon Ball mini-stories.

I would have much preferred it if they had picked up with Goku training Uub at the end of the original series.

Bulla is very....revealing. As well as some of the girls shown in DBM..lol

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2017 - 10:31 PM Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive, 28 January 2017 - 10:32 PM.

Don't get me wrong, there are things I don't like about DBM, and Bulla/Bra is definitely one of them. She was born overpowered and didn't have to work for it and thus she's turned into an insolent, obnoxious brat. Her last fight with King Cold was particularly frustrating as well; it felt like watching a damn tennis match and then she ended up being a little cheater by using the Senzu beans to heal halfway through.

Achlys
  • Achlys

Femme Fatale

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:02 PM

I grew up watching DBZ(FUNimation dub), my favorite arc will always be the Raditz to Frieza sagas. Back when I lived in Cali, my brother, cousin, and I would always watch the new episodes together every week, up until the final episode of the Buu saga. After that, we stopped watching the series, I guess all three of us agreed that GT wasn't as good as Z. I also loved playing the games, Buu's Fury was awesome, I can't believe it got mediocre reviews. The series gets reruns here every now and then, but it's in spanish and I can't change it to english, totally unfair. :/
  • HeavyDuke likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:15 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 30 January 2017 - 04:17 PM.

Some of the filler stuff I really didn't like. For example the ooze Vegeta arc and baseball match episode I thought were really dumb. But I enjoyed the mini arc they just had with Gohan becoming a stuntman. It was cool to see how strong the relationship between Videl and Gohan was, that moment where Videl just rips those pictures of Gohan supposedly cheating was pretty awesome. It's the sort of character development that there hasn't been too much of in Super so far.

I don't really get the love for the Black arc tbh. Like mentioned before the power scaling made no sense whatsoever. Black and Zamasu imo are some of the least intimidating villains in all of DB as the human resistance can apparently use a mere gas grenade to rescue the injured saiyans from them(was it Trunks that they saved? can't remember for sure). They can sense KI, they have super speed and could blow up a city instantly(f*cking Nappa could do it), there's no way that kind of thing should work. They also made Trunks way too strong. Sure he got angry during the fight which gave him a buff, but Vegeta and Goku have f*cking God transformations. They should outclass Trunks by a ridiculous amount since Trunks wasn't even a Super Saiyan 3. It feels incredibly cheap to just make Trunks that strong all of a sudden. Besides that it's not even enjoyable to watch for the fights since the coreography, art and animation are pretty poor compared to many other anime shows out there. 

I heard though that the DB Super manga actually explains things a bit more in that arc. I have yet to read it, but generally it seems like a better written version of the same story.

Btw there's a youtube channel called Immortal that has uploaded a ton of clips from the original japanese versions of DB and DBZ. I never saw the japanese dub as a kid, but watching it now I think I actually like it better than all the english dubs. 

https://www.youtube....q1PMahQw/videos

If only we had any scenes that are this intense in DB Super:

• HeavyDuke and infectedG636 like this

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:09 PM

Some of the filler stuff I really didn't like. For example the ooze Vegeta arc and baseball match episode I thought were really dumb. But I enjoyed the mini arc they just had with Gohan becoming a stuntman. It was cool to see how strong the relationship between Videl and Gohan was, that moment where Videl just rips those pictures of Gohan supposedly cheating was pretty awesome. It's the sort of character development that there hasn't been too much of in Super so far.

I don't really get the love for the Black arc tbh. Like mentioned before the power scaling made no sense whatsoever. Black and Zamasu imo are some of the least intimidating villains in all of DB as the human resistance can apparently use a mere gas grenade to rescue the injured saiyans from them(was it Trunks that they saved? can't remember for sure). They can sense KI, they have super speed and could blow up a city instantly(f*cking Nappa could do it), there's no way that kind of thing should work. They also made Trunks way too strong. Sure he got angry during the fight which gave him a buff, but Vegeta and Goku have f*cking God transformations. They should outclass Trunks by a ridiculous amount since Trunks wasn't even a Super Saiyan 3. It feels incredibly cheap to just make Trunks that strong all of a sudden. Besides that it's not even enjoyable to watch for the fights since the coreography, art and animation are pretty poor compared to many other anime shows out there. 

I heard though that the DB Super manga actually explains things a bit more in that arc. I have yet to read it, but generally it seems like a better written version of the same story.

Btw there's a youtube channel called Immortal that has uploaded a ton of clips from the original japanese versions of DB and DBZ. I never saw the japanese dub as a kid, but watching it now I think I actually like it better than all the english dubs. 
https://www.youtube....q1PMahQw/videos

If only we had any scenes that are this intense in DB Super:
https://www.youtube....h?v=c58LEarObXU

What I love about the Future Trunks arc is how

A) it actually bothers to develop its villain in a meaningful way
B) Goku Black as a character (I think that Masako Nozawa's voice acting also has something to do with why I love black as a character)
C) don't really care bout powerscaling (after having goku got 33x stronger through one zenkai in the namek arc, really stopped caring bout it)
D) 2 v 2 battles. Come on, can you really look at goku and trunks vs black and zamasu and say it wasn't awesome to actually see team battles?
E) seeing Shida and also Tate's work shine through. From episode 47 (when Trunks blocks Black's Ki blasts to goku and trunks vs black and zamasu to vegeta vs black round 2 to vegetto vs zamasu). This arc provided without a doubt some of the most well done cuts in the franchise (and unlike the movies, it doesn't use that dreaded cgi)

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

A) Black/Zamasu's motivations were actually more developed than most DBZ villains so I applaud them for that. I think the fan translations might have really hindered my enjoyment of all the character development tho. One thing that kinda confused me was how Zamasu in the fansub kept talking about "humans" since technically Goku's not a human. In the Crunchyroll sub it's "mortals" which makes more sense. 

B) Idk to me he just came across as a kind of generic villain, but I do think the voice actor did a pretty good job as an evil sounding Goku.

C) That's fair. DBZ does have its fair share of plotholes, I'm not sure how I'd feel about them if I watched the series for the first time today. But I feel like it's just one issue among the rest for me. I've been watching Jojo recently for the first time and some of the fights in that series are utter nonsense as well, but they don't bother me as much because I think there are other things that make that show really entertaining.

D) There were parts of the fights that I enjoyed, but overall I think the fights in DBZ and DB were way more entertaining. 

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:02 PM Edited by HeavyDuke, 13 February 2017 - 08:02 PM.

IMO the only really epic moment in DBS so far was the fight against HIT.

• Richard Power Colt likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:08 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 13 February 2017 - 09:09 PM.

I did like the SSJ Blue Kai-O-Ken. It was nice to see an old technique come back and it was visually quite intense. But it also brings up another question, why didn't Goku use it against Zamasu and Black?

Anyway the new all universe tournament arc seems fairly promising. The stakes are pretty damn high this time, it's actually quite scary and funny how the most powerful being in all of the universes has the intelligence of like a 5 year old. I also like that we'll get to see a lot of characters other than just Goku and Vegeta fight. Kinda have to wonder again why Trunks and Goten aren't there, but a bunch of humans like Roshi are even though despite the kids' lack of experience they should outclass him with pure strength and speed by a ridiculous amount. But ehh.. maybe they'll explain it somehow and ultimately I think I should really just stop thinking too much about these things and try to suspend my disbelief.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:37 PM

I did like the SSJ Blue Kai-O-Ken. It was nice to see an old technique come back and it was visually quite intense. But it also brings up another question, why didn't Goku use it against Zamasu and Black?

A) no point using it against an immortal character
B) black seemed to get stronger whenever he fought Goku (most likely due to how fighting goku allowed zamasu to "absorb" goku's fighting style and saiyans natural growth that allows them to eventually overtake opponents)
C) he still used it, but only when he had no other choice (when he broke his arms during the beam struggle then zamasu broke one of his legs)

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:05 PM

C) Had to look that up. I legit forgot that even happened lol.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:44 AM Edited by Iroquois, 19 March 2017 - 02:45 AM.

-reserved-

because my spoiler tags arent working for some reason.....

Arrow
  • Arrow

Waverider™

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 20 March 2017 - 03:58 AM

As a kid, I used to never mission any of the episodes. I've till the Majin Buu saga. That was long ago. And then, I was done with anime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users