Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think the A.I is designed to go against you?

151 replies to this topic
DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2017 - 12:25 PM Edited by DemonicSpaceman, 20 January 2017 - 12:32 PM.

I'm responding to the comments made. I can't see where I've put any words in anyone's mouth...

I played for 3 hours straight doing nothing but biker missions. That's not grinding.

It is, because you're doing the same thing over and over again.

What, going from a to b then c is grinding? Isn't that what you do in every single GTA? So that means GTA is grinding.

(How did you even manage that?)

First off, how is any of that putting words in anyone's mouth? It's stating my opinion on what constitutes as grinding.

I played for 5 hours, I played 3 hours of doing biker missions. I did 30 missions. Of those 30 missions the task at hand was varied, sometimes it was go to point A, rescue NPC, take to point B. Others were go to point A, destroy items B to K or go to point A, pick up NPC B to E, deliver to point F.

MC work is varied. Doing it for 3 hours doesn't mean it was doing the same thing constantly for 3 hours. We traveled the map. We drove in different vehicles. We had different objectives. There are 11 different contract types, each type having 3 different variations. How is doing 30 different jobs the same as doing the same thing over and over? Just because I had to keep returning to the clubhouse to start the next?

How did I manage what?

By your definition, regardless of the wrapper it's put in, all MC work is the same. Yet MC work is no different under the wrapper than anything else. Short of just standing around doing nothing or turning in to a freeroam tryhard tool, doing anything PVE in any GTA would be grinding. Every mission, setup, heist, contract, source, sell, resupply, work, whatever it is consists of the same basics. Go to point A, Pick up/Kill/Deliver item/person B, go to point C.

Should I have broken up the MC contracts with a few contact missions? So rather than going from the club house to rogers scrapyard, killing some NPCs and taking some packages for delivery to the desert I could be going from Lesters factory to LSIA, killing some NPCs and taking a Titan for delivery to Sandy Shores?

If playing a mix of contact missions, heist setups and finales, MC contracts, CEO crates and vehicle cargo and VIP work isn't considered grinding then why would be playing through 30 or so different MC contracts? If it is then that pretty much makes playing GTA just one big grind.

Let's make this simple, since you obviously cannot understand where I am coming from and I certainly can't understand where you're coming from. For it to not be grinding how should GTA be played? What stops playing the game as intended from being one long grind?

Also, grinding or not, that doesn't mean that earning ~$500k an hour isn't possible and therefore my original argument of "yes but they also give ways to earn money too so shark cards aren't a requirement" still stands.

M.K.N.
  • M.K.N.

Witness me, Bloodbag!

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 20 January 2017 - 02:13 PM

Not really per se, they just go into a panic whenever sh*t goes down like an explosion or a gunshot
edit: or if guns are aimed at them

Ahh.. No.
Even when guns aren't shot, they go batsh*t crazy anytime, mainly when doing CEO and MC work. Lots of proof posted in this thread.
I do not see any.
Just because you did not fire does not mean anything.
I have npcs go apesh*t crazy because of people having an explosive fight at los santos customs while being somewhere between the eclipse and tinsel towers.

Seems you did not see the videos from previous posts. Something tells me you're either sarcastic or just lying.

dino722
  • dino722

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

And going...

lol this one wtf??

• Happy Hunter likes this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

harp seal puppy

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:09 PM

Not really per se, they just go into a panic whenever sh*t goes down like an explosion or a gunshot
edit: or if guns are aimed at them

Ahh.. No.
Even when guns aren't shot, they go batsh*t crazy anytime, mainly when doing CEO and MC work. Lots of proof posted in this thread.
I do not see any.
Just because you did not fire does not mean anything.
I have npcs go apesh*t crazy because of people having an explosive fight at los santos customs while being somewhere between the eclipse and tinsel towers.

Seems you did not see the videos from previous posts. Something tells me you're either sarcastic or just lying.
I only watched a gif tbh...i will watch the rest when i get home

xXepicjasaXx
  • xXepicjasaXx

EPIC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:10 PM

yes

#BushCodedTheAiToGoAgainstUs

M.K.N.
  • M.K.N.

Witness me, Bloodbag!

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 20 January 2017 - 05:51 PM

I can't fathom R* beefing up the terminator AI instead of nerfing it, especially when doing Imprt/Export delivery by yourself. You have two AIs with ramped-up accuracy with speeds that not even the Adder can outrun them, and their shots completely dead-on, ruining your profits in the process. Really, this is R*'s example of giving even longtime fans the finger.

• Shaundi., A Maned Wolf, The Happy Clown and 4 others like this

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Mystaspot's best customer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:15 PM Edited by TheFroggmann, 20 January 2017 - 07:15 PM.

This was just last night. That NPC had no reason to be there at all I also had no stars until I shot that NOOSE guy. It's obvious they are programmed to ram us. 

CuuQQqG.gif

• Carrythxd, Shaundi., A Maned Wolf and 9 others like this

The Happy Clown
  • The Happy Clown

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:06 PM

This was just last night. That NPC had no reason to be there at all I also had no stars until I shot that NOOSE guy. It's obvious they are programmed to ram us. 

CuuQQqG.gif

The important thing is that you killed that sh*t stain driver.

• Hazzardtohimself, Shaundi., A Maned Wolf and 11 others like this

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:15 PM Edited by oleg_aka_djmeg, 20 January 2017 - 11:16 PM.

a sequence of images merged into one

The important thing is that you killed that sh*t stain driver.
i usually shoot dumb npc like this with a flare gun. probably the most brutal death in online, but so satisfying.
  • The Happy Clown and Xiled like this

--V--
  • --V--

Born to lose, living to win

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 11:59 PM Edited by --V--, 21 January 2017 - 12:23 AM.

You mean like this?
cW760FX.gif
(gifs suck, have a 60fps gfycat link)
I managed to capture my character looking unimpressed like
Spoiler
  • The Happy Clown, Watain and FaultyDroid like this

aaronBLUEeyes
  • aaronBLUEeyes

Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:30 AM

They go crazy anytime either players or hostile AI's a discharging firearms within their visible and audible facinity.

They're like f*ck this sh*t, I ain't dyin today!

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:29 AM Edited by Ghoffman9, 21 January 2017 - 05:41 AM.

In previous games traffic was just in the way, and now traffic goes out of its way to be in your way. They do not even try to hide the fact that they made traffic in this game deliberately try to hit you, especially in the middle of a firefight.

This is what I feel like every time I cross a street.

200.gif#48

At least in previous games when there was shooting going on the traffic responded in a realistic fashion instead of doing stupid sh*t that defies all logic like they do in this game. Like if you see a tank going on a rampage in front of you, the last thing anyone would do is drive full speed right into the back end of it and explode....

In previous games if enemies ever respawn they spawned pretty far away and made their way in, and now they spawn a stones throw away from you both on foot and in vehicles. There had been cases where enemies respawned so close they were immediately within striking distance and opened fire the millisecond they dropped in, missions like Stocks and Scares and Base Invaders is infamous for this. 

To say Rockstar has gotten lazy is an understatement, either that or they wanted to make things difficult but took the cheapest, laziest, way in which the enemies try to cheese to get some cheap deaths on you.

• The7thOne and Xiled like this

Ghoffman9
  • Ghoffman9

Friendly?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:45 AM

What do you think?

This is a subjective opinion, based solely on experience with the game.

In my experience, over the course of several years, now, I've seen the NPC driving behavior become increasingly erratic, aggressive, and downright intentional.
Police reactions seem to heighten with each few updates. In 2013, a two-star level brought two cruisers. Now, in 2017, a two-star brings a swarm of 4-5 cruisers.
And as far as Gang Attacks, bad guys on Jobs, or even gangstas in the hood, the AI is ridiculously overpowering at times, or so it seems.

Again, this is just my experience. It may be that there has been no change since day one, but I just can't believe that.
To me, it's all part of the effort to get players to shoot more rounds, spend more money in-game, and buy Shark Cards.
But that's just me. Cheers!

1whbELUfo0aTI83OrT3G6A_0_0.jpg

One thing I noticed in gang attacks now that many enemies now come equipped with miniguns, they never came equipped with miniguns before but now enemies in most gang attack has enemies within them ready to mow you down in a split second with one. I even seen bikers using them in some gang attacks.

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Black Widow

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:31 AM

Yup, they do tend to hit anyone even though they ain't getting shot at. Happens to me every day. 

• The Happy Clown and -LN- like this

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Out With the Moolah

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

One thing I noticed in gang attacks now that many enemies now come equipped with miniguns, they never came equipped with miniguns before but now enemies in most gang attack has enemies within them ready to mow you down in a split second with one. I even seen bikers using them in some gang attacks.

That's not new, NPCs will always scale to your level and gain access to what guns you have. Once you hit level 120 they'll start using miniguns.

• Brick Top likes this

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 21 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

to people who have problems with the stunt mission

• Hazzardtohimself likes this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:16 AM

not only that , that pink-slip race

i won the car fair and square , the owner expectedly not accepting his defeat so i was prepared myself with my weapon , but then again he ONE hit me with a baseball bat while i was 100% and wearing a helmet

my response ? whip out the minigun and proceed to shred his head until i ran out of bullets , why ?

Spoiler

the buzzards in barge resource has accuracy & damage comparable to those in rooftop rumble . so if " they " think its challenge , well if i were them , i would take on those buzzards with simple pistol ( that is REAL challenge )

Watain
  • Watain

Misanthropic GTA fan and hellraiser since 1998

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

I don't remember which one, but after R* released one DLC quite a while back (EaOC or Lowriders, maybe) I personally noticed/felt like the AI traffic just changed significantly. It's never been the best to start with but after some DLC it just got ridiculously bad. It was so obvious R* had altered it to be more versus you at all times.

I often experience how the AI drivers make the most unnatural, unlogical and annoying U-turns, lane changes (into the opposite lane), and whatnot. Riding a motorcycle 90 % of my time playing doesn't really make that a whole lot easier. With that said I also consider myself a rather good/great MC driver in-game.

That's bad, really. I think the AI traffic was pretty okey in GTA:O's early days. It certainly was a lot more realistic than it is these days.

#makeGTAgreatagain

• Xiled likes this

Ice_cold2016
  • Ice_cold2016

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

One of the CEO stunt cars you have to steal is placed right in front of the VINE WOOD sign. You have no choice but to hit the turbo boost and crash into the sign and go tumbling down the hill. All this with people shooting at you etc. You end up with at least 6k damage just getting the car.

ls1camaro2007
  • ls1camaro2007

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:09 PM

yesterday's session was cool. I was lucky enough to get a three crate cargo load in a single van....that slooooooooow vw van .So I'm driving back, dealing with the red blip enemies and I'm about half mile from my warehouse. This f*cking jerkoff in a car like Franklin's just starts ramming the piss out of me. Like wicked wrecking me and forcing me off the side to where I'm stuck against a wall and a fence in front of me. I could not back up or wiggle free so I had to exit the van, deal with three vehicles worth of enemies and then to take out my frustration , the moron in the car that wrecked me is just sitting in his car and I was able to unload about 15 shotgun rounds directly into his face lolol

I had to get on his car, move it, and then finally wiggle the van out. Made the trip take much longer but it was still fun lol. I love this game and it's asshole AI

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:10 AM

One of the CEO stunt cars you have to steal is placed right in front of the VINE WOOD sign. You have no choice but to hit the turbo boost and crash into the sign and go tumbling down the hill. All this with people shooting at you etc. You end up with at least 6k damage just getting the car.

Ive manage to do that one without incurring damage that I recall.

• Brick Top likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

hella [something]

• Daily Globe
  • None

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

Top range car + Vinweood Sign stunt = the f*cking worst.
  • -LN-, StressedPoet654 and Happy Hunter like this

TheFroggmann
  • TheFroggmann

Mystaspot's best customer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

If we need further proof...

E3ItDyv.gif

I was in passive at the time so I yanked her out of her car and just parked it on top of her. Of course it was a Simeon vehicle... 

• --V-- and KrayKray Leroy like this

MikeyDLuffy
  • MikeyDLuffy

Cucamonga Cracker Killaz

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:18 PM

Had a Mesa driving the wrong way down a one way lane last night.

FaultyDroid
  • FaultyDroid

Not the one you're looking for

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:39 PM

You mean like this?
cW760FX.gif
(gifs suck, have a 60fps gfycat link)
I managed to capture my character looking unimpressed like

Spoiler

Aw mate.. He even got back into his lane after hitting you

• --V--, Cobhthaigh and Xiled like this

4N0M4LY
  • 4N0M4LY

aka "Johnny"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

Just reading these comments makes me want to log on tonight and commit mass genocide against every NPC I can find or happen to see. To use every last bullet, bomb, missile, and gernade down to my bare knuckles.

The hatred I have against the A.I. in this game is unfounded. 

giphy.gif

• Cobhthaigh and FaultyDroid like this

Supergamer505
  • Supergamer505

Its a bird,Its a plane,No, it's Supergamer!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:21 AM

I've noticed this, has anyone also noticed the ungodly speed of enemy NPC's pursuing you while importing/exporting an X80, it's unreal. To top it off is how you can be so far ahead of them but their bullets are laser accurate and mags empty into the back of your car in seconds. Sh*ts annoying

Cobhthaigh
  • Cobhthaigh

Jive Turkey

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:44 AM Edited by Cobhthaigh, 14 February 2017 - 01:47 AM.

I recall the first time I encountered that hatch at the ocean floor while piloting the submersible. 

"Whoah the window on that hatch is lit up! Wait...what's...what's that sound? Morse code?! Let me think..."

tap      tap tap   tap   tap...

"He's saying watch out!!!"

* 20 cars from all directions instantly smash into my submersible 

xR4PTORx
  • xR4PTORx

DriftKing- ask and I'll prove it.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:02 AM

And going...

https://www.youtube....h?v=feeOtZwyl7c

So about that old San Andreas Ghost theory...

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Out With the Moolah

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 February 2017 - 06:37 AM

This thread made it onto Kotaku, lol

• RedDagger, A Maned Wolf, xR4PTORx and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users