Photo

Widescreen fix intro movie problem

1 reply to this topic
Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:19 PM

After problems with crosshair accuracy I decided to get the widescreen fix. Everything else works just fine. Except there is a problem with intro movie. Problem is, it only plays audio but doesn't show video. I found that source of the problem is d3d8.dll - after deleting that, intro movie displayed video again, 

https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#gtavc  - it says that scripts folder (widescreen fix asi) can be used without d3d8.dll but this file seems to be essential because after I deleted it, the widescreen fix didn't have any effect.

It's not a big deal, I can just skip the intro movie and play game, but I like to watch the intro sequence and listen to the theme song every once in a while.

Any ideas?

• UltraZ likes this

UltraZ
  • UltraZ

Casual Modder

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:32 PM

It's a common problem. You just need to set Vice City to windowed mode. Or, you can alt tab out of the game and go back into it once it starts. There's no proper fix for this yet. I had the same problem and asked about it on the Widescreen Fixes thread. These were the solutions they gave me(which worked).

• Dollarhide likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users