NFS Carbon Project (I Need Help!)

V WIP
51 replies to this topic
ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:26 PM Edited by ArthurLopes, 09 May 2017 - 11:48 PM.

Lookout Point Release: https://www.gta5-mod...on-singleplayer

I was with that project in mind since a loooog time ago, but i need help to make it real.

(Sorry if i posted it in the wrong section...)

I Really like the Old-School Need for Speed Series (Underground, U2, MW, Carbon) And even NFS World, but one in specific is special for me, Carbon, i really love this game, it has everything i like. Drift, Customization, Free Roam, a amazing soundtrack and a awesome story. And as i Like GTA too, and what i want to do is but the map of the game (palmont city) in GTA V, it seems impossible but i think that worth a try.

The only way i find to get is using 3d ripper dx, because i don't find where the map files are and how i open those files in 3dsmax. but here comes the problems, i used a free cam mod to see the whole track but the game dont render all the map (i already was expecting something like that to happen)

so i tried to get my favorite canyon race, Knife's Edge, and the same thing happens, but i get one part of the map anyway and there are the results in gta v:

http://imgur.com/a/fhwar

As you can see, it isn't the full map, but i like the results.

But i still need help, i think that if i could "increase" the render distance of the game this would fix my problem so i can rip the whole track or even the whole map of palmont. i see some youtubers that change and mess around with the code of the game, and i think the only way to change the render distance is in the hex code of the game (or maybe not and i'm saying sh*t, i dont know)

well, if someone can help me, this project can be more than 8 screenshots and become the whole map of the game. also, if you know other way to the map files, please comment.

PS: sorry my 10/10 english.

• universetwisters, .Bach, Tadzik and 10 others like this

turbocharger
  • turbocharger

stisni pisni, pusti zviždi

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice] [Contribution]

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:49 PM

Wow, the screens look exciting, I love it. I wish you luck with this project. I grew up with NFS series so I'm a big fan, though Most Wanted is my favorite. :D

Hopefully you'll find someone who can help you with that problem.

• Z i X, Ivan1997GTA, ArthurLopes and 1 other like this

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

Looks interesting so far. The map looks small for now. Hopefully you can post some more progress when the canyons are fully done.
  • ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:09 PM

Wow, the screens look exciting, I love it. I wish you luck with this project. I grew up with NFS series so I'm a big fan, though Most Wanted is my favorite. :D
Hopefully you'll find someone who can help you with that problem.

Thanks Man 😃 i really like most wanted too
  • BlackScout and turbocharger like this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:06 PM Edited by BlackScout, 18 January 2017 - 07:20 PM.

I'm also a big fan of NFS and hell, I had a similar idea... 

Grab the NFSU2 map, paste it onto SA's RW/Engine or Unity and remake the whole game. Another was to, reverse NFSU2 files and edit some assets to improve game quality...

Eventually, I gave up because it'd be too complicated to do anything like that. Ripping assets can be a pain in the ass and I don't have that much patience to fix sh*t such as UV, blah...

Another reason was that I have no C.S degree. So hacking and stuff is really difficult to me. My only knowledge comes from Googling. So far it has allowed me to do some stupid simple sh*t but nothing much else.

Kinda cool to see a Night Only map in Daylight. My only concern is FiveM, it's a mess to work with it...

PS: By the way, one of these NFS YouTubers has an account here on GTAF. Send a PM or try getting Aero_'s attention. He's got a channel with some NFS sh*t. [Hacking, BETAs, Debug Versions (unsure if him or some1 else)]

PS2: Did you use GIMS V? If not, I advise you not to use the fivem converter, there's no need for that anymore. It's a mess. Manually editing assets on 3DS Max then binding proper materials should give a result that is by far way superior.

• Mega, Ivan1997GTA and ArthurLopes like this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:19 PM Edited by Jestic, 18 January 2017 - 09:02 PM.

Grab the NFSU2 map, paste it onto SA's RW/Engine or Unity and remake the whole game. Another was to, reverse NFSU2 files and edit some assets to improve game quality...

Eventually, I gave up because it'd be too complicated to do anything like that. Ripping assets can be a pain in the ass and I don't have that much patience to fix sh*t such as UV, blah...
Another reason was that I have no C.S degree. So hacking and stuff is really difficult to me. My only knowledge comes from Googling. So far it has allowed me to do some stupid simple sh*t but nothing much else.

Kinda cool to see a Night Only map in Daylight. My only concern is FiveM, it's a mess to work with it...

PS: By the way, one of these NFS YouTubers has an account here on GTAF. Send a PM or try getting Aero_'s attention. He's got a channel with some NFS sh*t. [Hacking, BETAs, Debug Versions (unsure if him or some1 else)]

If i manage to get the map in fivereborn, when the map tools by openiv were released i'll convert it to normal gta

PS2: Did you use GIMS V? If not, I advise you not to use the fivem converter, there's no need for that anymore. It's a mess. Manually editing assets on 3DS Max then binding proper materials should give a result that is by far way superior.

1. I know about GrandTheftAero, i'll try to PM him.
2. I was using GIMS IV and converting with multifive converter, i'll see what i can do with gims v material editor and export map placements with gims iv.

PS: I Also only have knowledge from google and youtube tutorials :p
PS2: I PM him now i'm waiting a response :)

The guy with nickname Aero_ said that he isn't GrandTheftAero, i think he don't have a GTAForums Account :(

Aero_
  • Aero_

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

Yeah, that's not me. It's one hell of a coincidence though. :lol:

• Mega and ArthurLopes like this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

I Contacted GrandTheftAero Via youtube and he said that export the map isn't possible yet  :panic: i also contacted other nfs youtubers but no response yet.

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

It Seems that no one can help me ;=;

denis1379
  • denis1379

'No more stupid noun stories'

• Members

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:22 AM

Chill out man: NFS C has map editor, look:

http://nfs-tools.blo...leased.html?m=1

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

hmm, that's is interesting, i'll take a look in this tool. thanks  :lol:

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:47 AM Edited by ArthurLopes, 21 January 2017 - 11:48 AM.

I Don't see anything related to Map Editing/Export/Viewer in this tool.

PS: i only see some people talking about it on the comments but there are no download or anything else.

Ub-Oh
  • Ub-Oh

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

Found after a little searching:

http://nfs-tools.blo...1-released.html

• ArthurLopes likes this

UltraZ
  • UltraZ

Casual Modder

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:59 PM Edited by UltraZ, 21 January 2017 - 05:02 PM.

Very interesting project, as Carbon is my favourite NFS game. Wish you all the best for this one.

I'll find a way to convert the maps from NFS World and inform you if i can. Because Carbon's map textures are in the form of .dds files, Converting the maps from World would be a better choice. 

• Ivan1997GTA and ArthurLopes like this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:25 PM

Very interesting project, as Carbon is my favourite NFS game. Wish you all the best for this one.

I'll find a way to convert the maps from NFS World and inform you if i can. Because Carbon's map textures are in the form of .dds files, Converting the maps from World would be a better choice. 

World is also a game that i played a lot, i really liked it, but EA shutdown ;-;

if you manage to get the map files i'll try to convert it, but the problem is the size, because if the map is bigger than GTA V Map, this can be a problem. but i think it worth a try.

Found after a little searching:

http://nfs-tools.blo...1-released.html

I Downloaded it but this isn't related to Map or Models. i don't even know what this tool do.

• Ub-Oh, UltraZ and DubHaMlg777 like this

DubHaMlg777
  • DubHaMlg777

I Quit

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:18 PM

Keep going.

• Ivan1997GTA and ArthurLopes like this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:20 PM Edited by ArthurLopes, 23 January 2017 - 01:19 PM.

Keep going.

UltraZ
  • UltraZ

Casual Modder

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:40 PM

World is also a game that i played a lot, i really liked it, but EA shutdown ;-;

if you manage to get the map files i'll try to convert it, but the problem is the size, because if the map is bigger than GTA V Map, this can be a problem. but i think it worth a try.

I'll try and look through the map files in World, and i'll tell you if i find it. But there's no way the map in world could be bigger than the GTA V map. 

• ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

I'll try and look through the map files in World, and i'll tell you if i find it. But there's no way the map in world could be bigger than the GTA V map. 

Well, i hope it isn't really bigger or i'll have problems.

• UltraZ likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

Did you get any success getting the nfs world map?

⭐Stella⭐
  • ⭐Stella⭐

Star

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:57 AM

No one ever made a program for opening maps. The only option is the Ninja Ripper, but it will give you ass pain

• ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:27 AM Edited by ArthurLopes, 30 January 2017 - 11:12 AM.

No one ever made a program for opening maps. The only option is the Ninja Ripper, but it will give you ass pain

nfsu360 made a tool called NFS-Mapper back in 2010 that  could open the map from NFS U, NFS U2, NFS MW, NFS C.

but he stopped because he start to focus on NFS Pro Street Tool Kit, and then he never say anything about it anymore.

here is a preview of the tool: https://nfs-tools.bl...n-progress.html

PS: I also tried ninja ripper, but as you said, it's a pain in the ass and it takes forever to import and it is all screwed up.

• UltraZ likes this

⭐Stella⭐
  • ⭐Stella⭐

Star

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

nfsu360 made a tool called NFS-Mapper back in 2010 that  could open the map from NFS U, NFS U2, NFS MW, NFS C.

but he stopped because he start to focus on NFS Pro Street Tool Kit, and then he never say anything about it anymore.

here is a preview of the tool: https://nfs-tools.bl...n-progress.html

PS: I also tried ninja ripper, but as you said, it's a pain in the ass and it takes forever to import and it is all screwed up.

I know about this programm, but his not released. So there is no.

In principle, if not to be lazy then a few months a map will assemble in Max, but is not exactly for me.

Also, the map assembled and YourCreatedHell for NFS MW mod for GTA SA

UltraZ
  • UltraZ

Casual Modder

• Members
  • India

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:14 PM Edited by UltraZ, 31 January 2017 - 03:19 PM.

I suggest you continue doing work on the NFS Carbon map, i don't think there's a solution for the NFS World map. There might be an easier way to extract the Carbon maps as well, i'm not so sure.

NFS Carbon's maps are still very complicated, it's sad nfsu360 didn't release the NFS Mapper, it would've been great if he had done so. Also for the canyons i suggest you export textures from GTA SA. 

• ArthurLopes likes this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

I suggest you continue doing work on the NFS Carbon map, i don't think there's a solution for the NFS World map. There might be an easier way to extract the Carbon maps as well, i'm not so sure.
NFS Carbon's maps are still very complicated, it's sad nfsu360 didn't release the NFS Mapper, it would've been great if he had done so. Also for the canyons i suggest you export textures from GTA SA. 

Textures from GTA SA? Someone ported the canyons to SA?
But i really don't know how to get a perfect model from the canyons, but I'll try everything i can do for now.

UltraZ
  • UltraZ

Casual Modder

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:53 PM

But i really don't know how to get a perfect model from the canyons, but I'll try everything i can do for now.

It's really close, and these textures are definitely from SA as far as i know. Try to combine suitable textures from GTA SA and port them over to 5. That's what i meant. But it's still very tedious though.

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:27 PM Edited by ArthurLopes, 02 February 2017 - 10:30 PM.

https://www.youtube....h?v=aIfIo-KfLIo
 It's really close, and these textures are definitely from SA as far as i know. Try to combine suitable textures from GTA SA and port them over to 5. That's what i meant. But it's still very tedious though.
Well, i like the original textures but this map is just a drift map like akina or etc.

But first i need the geometry 😞
  • UltraZ likes this

xan1242
  • xan1242

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:31 AM

Hey there! First of all, GrandTheftAero (aka SuperType1) =/= Aero_ , I'm kinda surprised Aero_ had to even put that in his sig...

Anyhow, here's the deal with the NFS terrain; As of now there are still no tools that can open the terrain in any meaningful way due to (right) people's lack of interest. Of course, that isn't to say that it's impossible, you've seen it yourself on nfsu360's blog that he made a tool. Further proof would be a friend of mine making a test Maxscript that could models from NFS (potentially other EAGL) games. Lost the screenshot a while ago tho.

There currently are a few of us who actively hack NFS games besides Aero_ and unfortunately none of us (I assume) are knowledgeable enough to hack model formats which is quite a coincidence. nfsu360 not being very active or easy to reach really doesn't help out either.

If you've ever tried ripping models out of NFS you should be familiar with how the game handles it - road models are large chunks of a single model that is loaded within a cullable region and everything else (surroundings, buildings, etc.) are separate objects with their own coordinates. This is the reason why a good chunk of models are at 0,0,0 when you open the rips up.

So in conclusion you're kinda screwed in that regard for now... The only place I could point you to is this: NFS Carbon Android

Asking the creator of this would be your best bet for now, though it seems to me again that these are ripped models.

• BlackScout and ArthurLopes like this

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:35 PM Edited by ArthurLopes, 06 February 2017 - 01:37 PM.

Hey there! First of all, GrandTheftAero (aka SuperType1) =/= Aero_ , I'm kinda surprised Aero_ had to even put that in his sig...

Anyhow, here's the deal with the NFS terrain; As of now there are still no tools that can open the terrain in any meaningful way due to (right) people's lack of interest. Of course, that isn't to say that it's impossible, you've seen it yourself on nfsu360's blog that he made a tool. Further proof would be a friend of mine making a test Maxscript that could models from NFS (potentially other EAGL) games. Lost the screenshot a while ago tho.

There currently are a few of us who actively hack NFS games besides Aero_ and unfortunately none of us (I assume) are knowledgeable enough to hack model formats which is quite a coincidence. nfsu360 not being very active or easy to reach really doesn't help out either.

If you've ever tried ripping models out of NFS you should be familiar with how the game handles it - road models are large chunks of a single model that is loaded within a cullable region and everything else (surroundings, buildings, etc.) are separate objects with their own coordinates. This is the reason why a good chunk of models are at 0,0,0 when you open the rips up.

So in conclusion you're kinda screwed in that regard for now... The only place I could point you to is this: NFS Carbon Android

Asking the creator of this would be your best bet for now, though it seems to me again that these are ripped models.

Well, nfsu360 said that he is replacing NFS-Mapper with NFS Toolkit, so only when he release it i'll can make my project. and about the NFS Carbon Android, The guy that is making it is russian so i doubt that i'll can get i ncontact with him. but thanks for the help anyway.

PS: nice profile pic 10/10

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Mod Machine Broke

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:34 AM Edited by ArthurLopes, 01 April 2017 - 09:30 PM.

Hey guys, i finally managed to get the geometry from "Lookout Point" Canyon Race :panic: , i posted on GTA5-Mods and now its approved   :lol:

https://pt.gta5-mods...or-speed-carbon

• .Bach, Ub-Oh, BlackScout and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users