Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard

92 replies to this topic
JaeyP
  • JaeyP

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

Where can I download the demo for this game? Is there one for PS4?

N7Operative84
  • N7Operative84

N7 Operative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:42 AM

There is a demo for the PS4. I don't recall , but a while ago the demo was only for Playstation Plus members. I am certain though, that demo has opened up for everyone regardless of membership. The demo is up on the Playstation store.

saev7
  • saev7

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 February 2017 - 01:45 PM Edited by saev7, 11 February 2017 - 01:46 PM.

What you can say about this top horror  ? Where must be Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard? I think 3 or second place. Am I right?

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:37 PM

The second DLC is out today for PS4 users. Both DLC packs will be available for Xbox One and PC users on the 21st.

​So far, the major criticism that I've read for RE7 seems to be on the boss battles and the final chapter of the game. Without spoilers, are those fair criticisms?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 14 February 2017 - 11:59 PM

​So far, the major criticism that I've read for RE7 seems to be on the boss battles and the final chapter of the game. Without spoilers, are those fair criticisms?

The last chapter seemed a bit odd and out of place but I didn't hate it. It almost seems like they added it late in the game to pad total play time.

Boss battles - too easy? Too hard? I'm not a big fan of boss battles in general and these felt like regular boss battles in my limited boss battle mind.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:00 AM

The second DLC is out today for PS4 users. Both DLC packs will be available for Xbox One and PC users on the 21st.

Boss battles are fun (but that's mainly cause I played on madhouse mode first)

Before I talk about the final boss, I'll just ask, have you ever played Resident Evil 2?

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:05 AM

Boss battles are fun (but that's mainly cause I played on madhouse mode first)

Before I talk about the final boss, I'll just ask, have you ever played Resident Evil 2?

No spoilers please. The only Resident Evil I've played is the HD remake of RE1. I also own RE0, 4, 5, Revelations 2, and 6. I plan to play all 6 RE games I own right before I get RE7 for my birthday. Just so I'm up to date with the story. I wonder if Capcom will release a "Complete Edition" for this game because of the 3 DLC packs that is being released for the game. If they do, I really hope they do it before my birthday, so I don't have to double dip.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

I love Joe's reviews, but this one takes the cake. I lol'ed at Ethan being scarier than the Bakers due to his floating arms and no body in VR.:lol:

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:20 PM

Look at her take down multiple monsters with just a knife (at 18:45)!

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 June 2017 - 08:29 PM Edited by Awesom-0, 04 June 2017 - 08:29 PM.

I got a new copy of RE7 for FREE when i bought a new Xbox One S with a 1TB Hard Drive at GameStop.

I was told that i could go pick a new game from up to $60. I didn't know what to buy so i just put RE4 on the counter, until the employee suggested me get RE7 instead. BEST RECOMMENDATION EVER! I love this game. :inlove:

TBH, i didn't even know there was an RE7 until a couple months after it launced, when i bought my Xbox One S. I saw a few videos on IGN about it, but i didn't bother watching as the past couple games sucked, and i assumed that they were just Trailers.

I know we're supposed to be getting free DLC soon, but are we going to be getting anymore paid DLC? The Season Pass is $29.99, but the DLC Vol. #1 and Vol. #2 separately is $25.  

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:53 PM

Im too chicken to play this game lol

• That Guy There likes this

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

I'm the king of the world

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:41 AM

Wow this game setting is eerie as f*ck. I just got this game along with overwatch for my PS4

Just started playing and I'm very near the beginnning. Im at the part where the guy is watching the video of that reality tv crew. As soon as the video ended I didn't even want to leave that room for a good 5-10 minutes or so. I walked back to the main door and i was locked in. Well, the sun is about to go down where I live so I turned it off and will start again tomorrow morning.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:54 AM

Wow this game setting is eerie as f*ck. I just got this game along with overwatch for my PS4
Just started playing and I'm very near the beginnning. Im at the part where the guy is watching the video of that reality tv crew. As soon as the video ended I didn't even want to leave that room for a good 5-10 minutes or so. I walked back to the main door and i was locked in. Well, the sun is about to go down where I live so I turned it off and will start again tomorrow morning.

Be warned. Jump scares are a common tactic in this game. Especially early on.

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:29 AM Edited by That Guy There, 13 June 2017 - 01:30 AM.

This is something else man, I love it and am terrified by it. Jumped out of my seat something fierce when this black goo thing snuck up on me, but I finally found my way out of the basement. Being chased around the house by daddy and what looks like a lawn aerator on the end of a pole for the last 2 hours looking for that damn door with the shotgun.
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:20 AM

This is something else man, I love it and am terrified by it. Jumped out of my seat something fierce when this black goo thing snuck up on me, but I finally found my way out of the basement. Being chased around the house by daddy and what looks like a lawn aerator on the end of a pole for the last 2 hours looking for that damn door with the shotgun.

Did you figure out to stop the molded all you have to do is close doors behind you since they can't open them?;)

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:04 AM

Did you figure out to stop the molded all you have to do is close doors behind you since they can't open them?;)

Lol definitely Going to do this next time for my speed round

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 13 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

With a shotgun they're pretty easy to kill. I killed one with a knife to get the achievement, but slamming a door in their face is pretty funny lol.

But in a way it kind of removes a sense of danger. It would be far more intense if they could break down locked/closed doors.

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:00 AM Edited by That Guy There, 13 June 2017 - 08:01 AM.

Yeah I'm trying to find ways to avoid them and find out quick ways around the map as well to get ready for my speed run.
Also going around collecting mr everywhere bobble heads.

Btw... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

This game is f*cking deranged lol

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:02 AM Edited by That Guy There, 14 June 2017 - 08:03 AM.

Going for my speed run and am at the ship at 2 hours. Hoping I'm in good shape because the ship sucks lol

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:59 AM Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick, 15 June 2017 - 01:03 AM.

So, I just finished Resident Evil 0 and 1. Enjoyed both, although Resident Evil 1 gets the edge as the atmosphere and soundtrack is better in that one. Although, I might argue that the gameplay in 0 is better. I really liked how you could drop items from your inventory in 0. It was really annoying having to find an item box in 1 if your inventory was full but you needed to pick up something vital. I'm skipping Resident Evil 2 and 3 simply because they're not available for the Xbox One. I just started Resident Evil 4 and plan to also play Resident Evil 5, Revelations 2, and 6 after I'm finished with 4. Then I will finally play Resident Evil 7. I wanted to play all the previous games, just so I'm not lost with the story in Resident Evil 7.

Anyway, Resident Evil 4 is off to a rocky start for me. The controls are AWFUL. It is so infuriating trying to move around in this game. Which then makes aiming/shooting also more difficult. Not to mention, ammo is scarce in this game. Which I don't have a problem with that, except that the enemies in this game are complete bullet sponges. It takes several bullets just to take one villager down, unless you get lucky with a headshot. Don't get me started on the chainsaw dudes either. Several shotgun blasts and they're still getting up. Really? I've already had a few times where I was completely out of ammo. I sure hope the whole game won't be like this.

Besides the annoying controls and bullet sponges enemies, the game itself seems to be fine. Soundtrack seems to be good so far. Leon seems OK, although some of his "jokes" seem to be out of place. Right after the church bell rings and all the villagers go away from you, Leon then jokes that the villagers are leaving to play bingo. Really? You nearly just got brutally murdered by a group of cult like villagers and you start saying jokes? Sort of kills the creepy atmosphere.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:55 AM

Ahh that's because Resident Evil 4 is still more in the survivor genre than in the shooting one. You are supposed to go for headshots no matter what, and make your shots count. Otherwise you will end up wasting a ton of bullets.

And also avoid certain fights because it will be too costly, ammo-wise.

Besides the annoying controls and bullet sponges enemies, the game itself seems to be fine. Soundtrack seems to be good so far. Leon seems OK, although some of his "jokes" seem to be out of place. Right after the church bell rings and all the villagers go away from you, Leon then jokes that the villagers are leaving to play bingo. Really? You nearly just got brutally murdered by a group of cult like villagers and you start saying jokes? Sort of kills the creepy atmosphere.

That's Resident Evil at its finest, though; not taking itself very seriously. Resident Evil 1 had the Jill Sandwich and other pearls. A lot of that was lost on 5 and 6, which tried too hard to be serious. Some of it is back in 7, which makes it really great.

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:14 AM Edited by That Guy There, 15 June 2017 - 06:57 AM.

Finished my speed run for the circular saw and X-ray glasses. Finished in 3 hours and some seconds. Amazing how fast this game can go by if you just run passed everything lol

Playing madhouse now and Mia is an absolute bitch. I forgot I don't get my unlockables until after I fight her. Took me 3 tries to finally drop her

Edit: wow! Note to self.... no auto saves in madhouse mode. Got passed my first molded and got jumped by a crawler before I reached the basement and died. Sent me all the way back before the garage fight lol

That Guy There
  • That Guy There

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:56 PM Edited by That Guy There, 19 June 2017 - 08:18 AM.

I played 3-7. I never played 1 and 2 but heard they were great

I actually liked 5 but couldn't really get into 6. 4 was my favorite of the series. And yeah i would try and avoid the horde at the beginning and they'll run away when the church bell sounds. It's a waste of whatever ammo you have.
4 still had that eerie feeling, had a bunch of different enemies, a bunch of puzzles, and a bunch of different weapons. One thing I always loved about the series is the unlockables and 4 has a lot of them. So when you get more and more into the game and if you are doing subsequent play throughs you'll get a lot of cool stuff to play around with. Also had a fun mercenaries mode

So I just finished the madhouse difficulty and man, of all the bosses I had to fight no one gave me the problems that the 2 fat molded at the end of the salt mines gave me. Don't know how many times I died and there was just very little room for error in that tiny space. At one point I just ran through the mines killing all the molded and the one lone fat molded and ran all the way back to the save house to save. That way I could start the 2 fat fight uninterrupted. That still took me three or four tries to get the fatties though. One time I ended up beating them by placing a remote bomb as a trap then shooting a neuro round and taking one out with the magnum. Then I shot the other with the flame round and ran passed him and start unloading shotgun shells on him until he finally died. Then I climbed the ladder and got taken out with a trip wire lol. I didn't fall for that sh*t the next time though.

But I got my unlimited ammo and am going to go for the 3 item box/3 heals run now

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:02 AM

Finished Resident Evil 4 today. There were a few times where I considered rage quitting and just starting up a different game. But, I got through the tough parts. And there were definitely several tough and agonizing areas in this game. Much more so than 0 and 1 had. I died 30 times and it took me just under 18 hours to finish the game. Because the game sets the difficulty at normal for you, this game was much more difficult than 0 or 1 was. Where in those games, I played at the easiest difficulty. There were a lot more tense moments. Boss fights were more difficult. I have to say though... Salazar was annoying as hell. He's incredibly short (which makes him not intimidating at all), his voice is extremely annoying and childish and his personality is that of a child as well. Throwing temper tantrums and all. Seriously? Why was he added in the game? He adds no fear into the game and is just a waste of a spot for an actual potentially good castellan. 

I criticized the controls and Leon at first. But, after a while, you do get used to the controls. By the end of the game, the controls are like second nature to you. Although, aiming and navigating still isn't the best out there in games. So, I can't complain about the controls anymore. And while in the beginning I did find Leon's corny jokes to be off putting in a horror game, eventually I grew to like them and thought they were OK being in the game. Ashley was fine as well. I would have liked Luis to live a little longer as he was an interesting character. Ada was interesting as well, as I could never really tell if she was a good person or a bad person. I've never played Resident Evil 2 and 3, so I'm sure that would have helped. The soundtrack is excellent. Atmosphere was great. The enemy designs were varied and well done. Very unique creations they come up with over there at Capcom. 

​Overall, I'd probably give it somewhere around an 8 or 8.5. Not a masterpiece, but well done. I have to consider that the game may have overstayed its welcome a bit. Eventually, I really just wanted the game to be over with. Maybe there were a few areas they could have cut out to make the game a little shorter. Nevertheless, a great game. Although, definitely not "one of the greatest games ever made" as many state. I will consider playing the extras for this game (Assignment Ada, Separate Ways, The Mercenaries) and then begin Resident Evil 5 shortly. 

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

"Had enough yet?"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 3 weeks ago

Beat Resident Evil 7 today, finally.  I've played every Resident Evil game, even the Gun Survivors and the Wii installments as it's my favorite game series of all time.  Only reason I didn't get this game at launch is because I was not entirely comfortable with paying full price for a single player game that I'd beat in three or so days, which I ended up doing.  Beat the game in two sittings.  Won't go into heavy detail, there's really too much to cover regarding this game so I'll just throw out some pros and cons:

Pros:

-The Bakers are fantastic antagonists, especially Jack himself.  The developers got extremely creative with them, and every boss battle, especially with Jack Baker is absolutely amazing.

-Story was interesting enough to keep me going.  Although I wish there were more references to Resident Evil games.  Honest to God, a few hours in I completely forgot I was playing a Resident Evil game, so I completely forgot my interest in how the game ties into the rest of the series.

-Graphics are fantastic, they really captured the environment in first person, although something in the cons ruins the experience a bit.

-Puzzles, item management, limited ammo, etc really gives the classic Resident Evil feel that fans like I have been wanting

-Combat is actually done really well.  They manage to make it a bit tough to headshot enemies consistently, and every weapon works as it should except for the goddamn pistols.  They're way too weak to be of any use most of the time, and even when you get the better pistol it's still a horrible option.  The shotgun functions exactly how it's supposed to thankfully though, feel the power.

-Listing first person execution as a pro as well, since I was not on board with the perspective change when the game was first announced, due to being a long time fan where almost all games were in third-person.  They did a very good job, although I hope that the next installment goes back to third, we shall see.

Cons:

-The game is way too damn dark all things considered.  I understand that darkness adds to the fear of isolation and such, but problem is that the game hides items in such cryptic locations that I had to turn the brightness almost to max just to see through shadows.  The default brightness is ridiculously dark and just makes the game harder on you in ways that it did not need to be.

-Ethan's voice actor is horrible, since he really does not react intensely to anything, even when losing entire limbs...

-The Molded are unbearably boring, especially when the game provides you with the amazing Bakers, then you have to take down some boring, mindless enemies that really just reminded me of the Ooze from Resident Evil Revelations 1.  The boat part of the game was absolutely brutally boring, to where I looked up an online guide so I could speed run through it.

-Speaking of the boat, the last 30% of the game is really strange.  The pace changes tremendously, especially in the final act where you're loaded with weapons and ammo (or at least I was) so it didn't even feel like a survival horror game anymore cause I was just blasting through everything.

-The ending is really confusing and stupid but I'm hoping the "Not A Hero" DLC clears some things up.  I bought the Deluxe Edition but yet to have played any of the Banned Footage yet to see what it adds as well.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

I definitely agree about the molded. As I said above a problem with them that makes them boring/easy to defeat is the fact you don't really have to fight them at all and just slam a door in their face. Admittedly this was the first Resident Evil I played, but I have seen footage of the older games and they had a better variety of enemies.

Imagine those infected dogs stalking you in this game? Holy sh*t lol. Also seeing as it's set in Louisiana I'm surprised there aren't any Alligators or something. That'd be pretty f*cking terrifying near the water to have one jump out.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm glad they didn't take the easy road and inject zombies into the game and the Bakers themselves are great, but I wish more effort went into the run of the mill enemies.

• That Guy There, Awesom-0 and Tech-Noir like this

Awesom-0
  • Awesom-0

Happy 1st anniversary without heists!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I definitely agree about the molded. As I said above a problem with them that makes them boring/easy to defeat is the fact you don't really have to fight them at all and just slam a door in their face. Admittedly this was the first Resident Evil I played, but I have seen footage of the older games and they had a better variety of enemies.

Imagine those infected dogs stalking you in this game? Holy sh*t lol. Also seeing as it's set in Louisiana I'm surprised there aren't any Alligators or something. That'd be pretty f*cking terrifying near the water to have one jump out.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm glad they didn't take the easy road and inject zombies into the game and the Bakers themselves are great, but I wish more effort went into the run of the mill enemies.

Yeah. How cool would it be for there to be molded variations of classic RE enimies?

Molded Licker, Molded Cerberus, ETC...

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

"Had enough yet?"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 3 weeks ago

Beat all the DLCs and I can say that

Spoiler

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I finally finished it. I've finished Resident Evil 0, 1, 4, 5, Revelations 2, and 6. I've now finished every RE game that is available on the Xbox One and can finally start RE 7 now. I can understand the hate for 6 and why it's the most unpopular RE game in the franchise. But, it has some postiives in my opinion. It's far too long and there are some other big issues, but it doesn't deserve the 2/3/4's out of 10's I've seen the game get. It's closer to a 7 I'd say. Anyway, I could go into a long post about 6, but this is a RE 7 thread, so I won't.

*Minor spoilers for RE 7 below*

​Anyway, I put in a little over an hour for RE 7. I just got captured by Jack and now Mia and myself are in the main house. I just finished the dinner scene and now have to avoid Jack. Really enjoying the first hour so far. The audio design is excellent. Soundtrack is solid. Story is interesting as I really am curious to find out what is wrong with Mia. I'm hoping the two of us get out of here alive and have a happy ending. Characters are well done and interesting. Graphics are pretty good. Love how the horror element is back and strong. Limited ammo and health is a nice return compared to 6 where you have hundreds of bullets in your inventory. I'm also curious to how this game will connect back to the Resident Evil storyline. Right now, it feels like a completely different horror IP. But, that doesn't bother me like it does for some of those annoying RE fan boys. I've seen far too many #NotMyResidentEvil related posts. So annoying. Some of those fans will never be happy. 

​My only complaint so far is the voice actor for Ethan is poor. Example is when you first discover Mia in the cell and you wake her up. Ethan hasn't seen his wife in over 3 years and finally finds her and there is hardly any emotion coming out of Ethan. Seriously? Show some love dude. You got your wife back. Granted... she's not the same. One other worry of mine is that I'm the type of player that loves to take their time to fully explore every inch of rooms in linear games like these. So, I'm worried that in certain scenes I'll be getting chased by Jack or someone else and that will leave me no time to fully explore an area and I'll just have to run past it. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. 

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

​My only complaint so far is the voice actor for Ethan is poor. Example is when you first discover Mia in the cell and you wake her up. Ethan hasn't seen his wife in over 3 years and finally finds her and there is hardly any emotion coming out of Ethan. Seriously? Show some love dude. You got your wife back. Granted... she's not the same. One other worry of mine is that I'm the type of player that loves to take their time to fully explore every inch of rooms in linear games like these. So, I'm worried that in certain scenes I'll be getting chased by Jack or someone else and that will leave me no time to fully explore an area and I'll just have to run past it. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that. 

Ethan's pretty stock IMO. Barely shows any emotion. I know not all characters need to be mercenaries and whatnot, but I think they could've injected some more character in him.

• Tech-Noir likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users