Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard

67 replies to this topic
ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

I really wish it looked and felt and acted like a real Resident Evil game.

From what I seen everything looked like the old ones but with a twist.

-Save rooms? 

-Weapons with limited ammo that you have to find?

-Puzzles?

-A huge area with many places to explore?

-Scary atomsphere with some funny moments in the mix like The Evil Dead?

All check.

The only things that feels different is that its an FPS instead of fixed camera and it has the bakers (Which is very similiar to Nemesis from RE3). 

quxxo
  • quxxo

Kaz Fiddler

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:28 PM Edited by quxxo, 27 January 2017 - 08:30 PM.

Info about upcoming DLCs. PS4 has one month exclusivity for each DLC. First one comes out this month on 31st for PS4 only and month later for other platforms. Also there's Not a Hero free story expansion coming out this spring, starring returning character and different gameplay.

Downloadable Content (Paid)
"Season Pass"
Available now / MSRP $29.99

Includes "Banned Footage Vol. 1," "Banned Footage Vol. 2," and an additional story chapter.

Note: Each DLC pack will be available to play from its individual release date.

"Banned Footage Vol. 1" Available on PS4 from Jan. 31, 2017 and Xbox One & PC from Feb. 21, 2017. MSRP $9.99
Escape a bedroom turned prison cell in "Bedroom" Where would the Baker family be without Marguerite's good ol' home cooking? Having woken up restrained in bed with one of her horrifying meals before you, you must find a way to escape without her noticing.

Fight off waves of bloodthirsty enemies in "Nightmare" Tossed into a basement crawling with lurching black Molded, your only chance is to shoot your way to survival. Keep moving, keep your wits about you, and keep hope alive, and maybe you can survive until morning

Extra game mode: "Ethan Must Die" Unlike the banned footage chapters, which are linked directly to the main story of Resident Evil 7: Biohazard, "Ethan Must Die" hurls you into an entirely separate universe where the Baker mansion has been remade: It is now a trap-laden house of horrors designed to kill any intruder. Prepare yourself for the ultimate challenge! Note: This extra game mode does not support PlayStation®VR.

"Banned Footage Vol. 2" Available on PS4 from Feb. 14, 2017 and Xbox One & PC from Feb. 21, 2017. MSRP $14.99
Gamble with your life in "21" There's something wrong with the Bakers' son Lucas. He likes to play games with his captives, and his newest playmate is you. You'd better be lucky at cards, because each time you lose, you'll be giving up something a lot more valuable than money

Tragedy befalls an innocent family in "Daughters" Gain new insight into the people the Bakers used to be. This banned footage reveals the tragedy that led to the events in RE7's main story.

Extra game mode: "Jack's 55th Birthday" Check out the lighter side of Resident Evil 7: Biohazard. In this extra game mode, jolly ol' Jack has a hankering for some grub on this special day, his 55th birthday! Search the house, fight off enemies, and find enough food to fill Jack's belly and make this the best birthday ever! Note: This extra game mode does not support PlayStation®VR.

Downloadable Content (Free)
"Not a Hero"
Release date: Spring 2017 Price: Free
Not a Hero is an add-on chapter with a different feel to the nightmarish ordeal that Ethan Winters endures in Resident Evil 7's main story mode. We hope you look forward to finding out what happens in this extra story.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2017 - 03:24 AM

I really wish it looked and felt and acted like a real Resident Evil game.

I really like this game. It's been a really long time since I last played a RE game. The last one being RE5 on the PS3 years ago and the one before that being RS1 on the PS1 even more years ago.

So coming into RE7 with little memory and knowledge of the past RE games and just playing it for what it is, I find it very fun, engaging, and interesting to play. I also haven't played a (decent) horror game in awhile, so that's another aspect of this game that I adore. 

The story isn't all that interesting. I mean, guy goes to find/save wife, ends up in this huge conspiracy and now fights to survive to save himself and his wife. It's nothing that hasn't been done numerous times before, and yet I can't put it down.

If I had to compare it to other games, I'd say it's a bit of Alien Isolation and Outlast put together. Is it worth $60? I guess that depends on the person. I got my copy for about $40, and I think it's worth every dollar :)

I have been playing it for the past 2 hours, still didnt leave the house... how the f*ck do i enter grandmas room.

Which room is that? Is that the one with a shotgun?
Yep. Cant get to unlock the room tho.

You need to get the crow key then backtrack

Yeah got the scorpion key, have the shotgun now, only gotta fix it... i dont want to go to the basement, those creatures are f*cked up man, they dont die and all my bullets go empty.

I'm not sure if you already figured this out, but in case you didn't know, that shotgun you have is not the correct one to use.

Spoiler

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

I've been watching gameplay videos of this and I must say it looks wicked. I've never played any of the Resident Evil games, but this looks to tickle my horror fancy.

Even just watching the videos on YouTube made me feel awkward and tense. I have to get it.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

anyone who has played through RE7, how would you rate it compared to the other RE games? which RE is the best - in which order?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 28 January 2017 - 02:53 PM

I'm loving this game. As a big fan of horror I will say they did a great job. Tons of well scripted "holy sh*t" moments.

I just tested out the 'play anywhere' part via my PC and I must say it looks fantastic...maybe even better than my xone s on a 4K tv.

You know what tells me this is a well done horror game? I feel I can only play it at night with all the lights out. True.

.Bach
  • .Bach

λ

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:11 PM Edited by BACHBreaker, 28 January 2017 - 05:17 PM.

anyone who has played through RE7, how would you rate it compared to the other RE games? which RE is the best - in which order?

1- Resident Evil 2
2- Resident Evil / Resident Evil Remake
3- Resident Evil 7
4- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
5- Resident Evil Outbreak: File 1 & 2
6- Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
7- Resident Evil Zero
8- Resident Evil 4
9- Resident Evil: Revelations
10- Resident Evil: Revelations 2
11- Resident Evil 5
12- Resident Evil 6
13- Resident Evil: Dead Aim
14- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
15- Umbrella Corps

I haven't played Survivor so I can't rate it. This list is from a guy who highly despises the action turn that the series took. I hope it helps.
  • LiangHuBBB likes this

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:33 PM

Took the plunge and bought it. Ridiculously creepy. I watched PewDiePie play it on YouTube, been watching every episode he has posted, and yet when you're playing it for yourself its so much scarier. You don't realize all the little rattles and sounds in the background that really, really put me on edge  :lol: I've also seen on a couple video reviews, that although some parts are scripted, it doesn't always play out the same way, and it can change slightly depending on how you play?

So I never feel safe playing now  :panic:

• LiangHuBBB likes this

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:44 AM Edited by OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick, 31 January 2017 - 01:46 AM.

Here's to hoping sales have been excellent so far for this. I thought I read someone saying it sold 2.5 million so far, but that could be BS. If this sells well and then coupled that with the great reviews, that should give Capcom confidence to continue in this direction with the RE franchise and not go back to the RE6 direction. Capcom took a risk going down this route and they should be rewarded for that.

And to the people who said that they watched other people play this game and then purchased the game and played it themselves, I can only think why would you do that? You literally just ruined all the scares, surprises, and suspense that the game throws at you since you already know what happens. You just took all the fun away. I'm avoiding all gameplay until I get the game for my birthday.

• Tchuck likes this

nargris
  • nargris

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:05 AM

Here's to hoping sales have been excellent so far for this. I thought I read someone saying it sold 2.5 million so far, but that could be BS. If this sells well and then coupled that with the great reviews, that should give Capcom confidence to continue in this direction with the RE franchise and not go back to the RE6 direction. Capcom took a risk going down this route and they should be rewarded for that.

Couldn't agree more. I have to be honest I had lost hope for the series when I saw 6 and that terrible umbrella team shooter (the name escapes me). But with 7 it has restored hope that capcom are capable of making a good RE game still.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:43 AM

It shipped 2.5 million units so far IIRC which is not the same as sold. I remember Activision saying Ghosts shipped 1 billion copies to try and one up R* lmao

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:43 AM

Just played the first hour. So Texas Chainsaw Massacre-esqe in its look and tone.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 01 February 2017 - 07:32 PM

Just played the first hour. So Texas Chainsaw Massacre-esqe in its look and tone.

I agree here. There was a certain scene

Spoiler
that reminded me so much of the scene from Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning. Not because of that actions as such, it just had that vibe to it. 

And I love them films. So its a good thing for me. 

• MiamiViceCity likes this

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:39 PM

Couldn't agree more. I have to be honest I had lost hope for the series when I saw 6 and that terrible umbrella team shooter (the name escapes me). But with 7 it has restored hope that capcom are capable of making a good RE game still.

http://www.capcom.co...ml/e170127.html

So, Capcom has confirmed that the game "shipped" 2.5 million copies. Although, the article is a bit confusing. The title says "shipped", but in the description it says "sold". So, I'm not sure if it's 2.5 million shipped or sold.

​Unfortunately, these numbers are significantly lower than the debut sales for RE5 and RE6. Resident Evil 5 sold/shipped 7.1 million and Resident Evil 6 sold/shipped 6.6 million. Hopefully this doesn't convince Capcom execs to move towards the action formula again. Capcom's stock also fell more than 3 percent following the Tokyo Stock Exchange after Capcom announced the 2.5 million figure.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:05 AM

I agree here. There was a certain scene

Spoiler
that reminded me so much of the scene from Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Beginning. Not because of that actions as such, it just had that vibe to it. 

And I love them films. So its a good thing for me. 

It also has a very 70s slasher feel to it too. It it wasn't for the video tapes I wouldn't think it was set in 2017.

• LittleBlueTroll likes this

GrizzJack
  • GrizzJack

N'wah

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:25 AM

Amazing game! Never expected some "adultness" from the story of RE series. And I'm sure Baker's family will deliver you lots lulz if you play with good headsets. First hours will feel kinda dull, it's worth to get through that minor exploration of that house until you meet the family. 

lol, everytime when old man starts to chase or notices you, don't act like it's scary, it's fu**ing hilarious: 
Agent-Smith-Evil-laugh-smile-gif.gif

Dr WGA Labriskagni
  • Dr WGA Labriskagni

Dr WGA Labriskagni

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 05 February 2017 - 01:50 AM

What was this sh*t?! RE is dead, f*cking dead...

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:20 AM

Cool story man

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2017 - 03:25 AM

Probably didn't even play the game. RE7 is the best possible direction the series could be going in. As long as Capcom continues down this path of TRUE survival-horror in future RE installments, RE is alive and well.

• Tchuck, trip and NoSignaL_ like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

Totally enjoyed it. Got ending 1.

A well done survival horror game. I loved every minute. Might even play through again.

Can't wait for more.
  • Tchuck likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Members
  • Syria

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

Dissent was an obvious consequence of the shift RE7 is compared to the old titles but saying RE is dead implies the last few games were actually good.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:51 AM

Got it over the weekend. Thoroughly enjoying it so far. Like people have said, it does bring back the feelings of the original RE quite well. The atmosphere, the creepiness, it's all there. (well, save for zombies stumbling around). That Jack Baker makes for an awesome enemy, the bastard. Just got out of the big mansion now, starting to explore the place with all the damn flies. Taking my sweet time with it whenever I can. 

• trip and GrizzJack like this

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:04 PM

I really want to watch it as I love Angry Joe's gaming reviews, but I really don't want to see or hear any spoilers. I won't be getting the game until June (birthday). So, I'm not sure if I can watch it. What was the score Joe gave the game? It should be a high score.

GrizzJack
  • GrizzJack

N'wah

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2017 - 04:19 PM Edited by GrizzJack, 07 February 2017 - 04:32 PM.

I really want to watch it as I love Angry Joe's gaming reviews, but I really don't want to see or hear any spoilers. I won't be getting the game until June (birthday). So, I'm not sure if I can watch it. What was the score Joe gave the game? It should be a high score.

some massive spoilers, "bada$$" seal of approval. 

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

Massive story spoilers? Then I won't watch. Thanks. So, I'm assuming he gave it a 9 then?

GrizzJack
  • GrizzJack

N'wah

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 February 2017 - 06:53 AM

Massive story spoilers? Then I won't watch. Thanks. So, I'm assuming he gave it a 9 then?

Yeah, the spoilers start after 6 mins of vid, it's weird that he expresses his entire feelings right away(describing each character he met and what they exactly do). He put, 8\10(9\10with VR).  

NoSignaL_
  • NoSignaL_

I swear to god I had something for this

• Daily Globe
  • Ireland
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

How many endings does the game have? I can't seem to find a definite answer, I am playing through it and it's really good so far.

N7Operative84
  • N7Operative84

N7 Operative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:00 PM

How many endings does the game have? I can't seem to find a definite answer, I am playing through it and it's really good so far.

Two

NoSignaL_
  • NoSignaL_

I swear to god I had something for this

• Daily Globe
  • Ireland
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:13 PM

alright

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users