Photo

Resident Evil 7 - Biohazard

67 replies to this topic
quxxo
  • quxxo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:52 PM Edited by quxxo, 17 January 2017 - 08:53 PM.

tVGG_28612.jpg

Screenshots:

Spoiler

It's coming out in 6 days! Did anyone here preordered this game?

N7Operative84
  • N7Operative84

N7 Operative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:02 PM

I pre ordered hours before Capcom updated the bundle  to $89.99 from $79.99. From what I've seen from the leaked videos, I am going to enjoy this game.

The only bad things I can say, is so far is that it seems somewhat short. I saw someone beat the game on normal in 10 hours. Without the season pass, I think alot of people are going to be somewhat disappointed in the length. Overall, knowing what I know, I would have purchased the game anyway. There is going to be a considerable amount of DLC that is coming the game way, so I hope it adds to the replay value. Lastly, I wasn't a fan of this games ending. Again, I hope the DLC fixes this.

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 18 January 2017 - 06:09 PM

Looking forward to this game too. The short demo was a nice change from the typical RE.

Best part though is that clever VII logo.  :lol:

RE7-Biohazard-Ann.jpg

• ClaudeSpeed1911, Metalz and PhoGarrett like this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2017 - 05:32 PM

While I'm not a horror player and I avoid horrific and disturbing games, I might give Resident Evil 7 a shot because from what I've seen so far, it looks like a unique experience with a new take on horror and exploration. I mean being trapped in a creepy redneck family's mansion in the bayou? That's what I call a new experience!

Joemoetoe
  • Joemoetoe

Champion of the Amazons

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:05 PM

I'm not buying this

Tech-Noir
  • Tech-Noir

"Caveira's coming for you!"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Brazil

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

I'm holding out until I see reviews.

Gave my opinion on this game before on here.  I'm a massive RE fan, this doesn't seem like RE to me still.  Not hyped, but I'll be getting it down the line due to my love of the series anyway.

• Happy Hunter likes this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2017 - 03:34 PM Edited by Jabalous, 22 January 2017 - 03:11 PM.

I've read several impressions from players who were able to get the game early and almost all of them agree that this installment is a true return to the survival horror of Resident Evil, comparing its atmosphere and gameplay design to Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3. I'm still on the edge on whether I should grow some balls and play it because I'm not sure if I want to handle the stress that it would induce into me. I'm downloading the final demo now and I would later decide if I would buy the full game. I find that the lack of heavy atmospheric games is forcing me to give this a try and there is no better way than to overcome my fears! I don't have a long history with horror games, but it's true that I actually finished Resident Evil 3 15 years ago, played some of 4 and finished 5.

It seems that there are not many Resident Evil fans or players in this forum, otherwise this topic would be more active given that the game is only a few days away from the official release.

EDIT: I finally decide not to buy it! After playing the demo and failing miserably to beat the monster in the basement several times, I gave up and knew that I wouldn't stand the final game where there will be multiple game overs involving trails and errors because of things like the scarcity of ammo. I know that I will be missing a lot of atmospheric gameplay, but there's nothing better than buying my peace of mind!

quxxo
  • quxxo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:41 PM Edited by quxxo, 22 January 2017 - 08:47 PM.

While I'm not a horror player and I avoid horrific and disturbing games, I might give Resident Evil 7 a shot because from what I've seen so far, it looks like a unique experience with a new take on horror and exploration. I mean being trapped in a creepy redneck family's mansion in the bayou? That's what I call a new experience!

It's not all horror, it's survival horror. You have guns, melee weapons etc. And yes I really like the southern redneck mansion setting too.

EDIT: I finally decide not to buy it! After playing the demo and failing miserably to beat the monster in the basement several times, I gave up and knew that I wouldn't stand the final game where there will be multiple game overs involving trails and errors because of things like the scarcity of ammo. I know that I will be missing a lot of atmospheric gameplay, but there's nothing better than buying my peace of mind!

Final game is different than the demo. On normal difficulty the same monster is going to be much weaker. Madhouse difficulty is where you start seeing similarities to basement molded monster from the demo. All monsters are tougher, faster and have more intelligent AI, low ammo all the time and limited saves. Normal is kinda like casual mode: it has modern save checkpoints, more ammo, less tougher AI. Still I would recommend playing on Madhouse. That demo wasn't showing real final gameplay, it was modified to make player more scared, but that wouldn't work in final game, like for example in final game on normal mode you have auto health regeneration while demo doesn't have this feature. So either the demo plays on madhouse difficulty, or as I said, it's modified for demo purposes.

I'm holding out until I see reviews.

Gave my opinion on this game before on here.  I'm a massive RE fan, this doesn't seem like RE to me still.  Not hyped, but I'll be getting it down the line due to my love of the series anyway.

There are already some amateur reviews of RE7. Most of people gave i 9/10, 8/10. From what I've gathered the ending is quite disappointing (not sure about that) and the game could be longer (it's much longer if you play on madhouse), but overall it's true comeback to the roots. The point of this game is that devs wanted to give player the same feeling he felt back in the day when he launched first Resident Evil for the first time ever. So characters and everything is missing (still, universe is the same and famous characters are mentioned), but the gameplay, atmosphere and style is the same.

I mean zombies got kinda old. Remember when you first played Resident Evil? You had that feeling of mystery. That wouldn't be possible ever again if they reused same concept of evil corporation that creates zombies, it's a bit different, but it's still the same feeling of mystery, like the first time you played RE1

quxxo
  • quxxo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:48 PM Edited by quxxo, 22 January 2017 - 08:49 PM.

I pre ordered hours before Capcom updated the bundle  to $89.99 from $79.99. From what I've seen from the leaked videos, I am going to enjoy this game.

The only bad things I can say, is so far is that it seems somewhat short. I saw someone beat the game on normal in 10 hours. Without the season pass, I think alot of people are going to be somewhat disappointed in the length. Overall, knowing what I know, I would have purchased the game anyway. There is going to be a considerable amount of DLC that is coming the game way, so I hope it adds to the replay value. Lastly, I wasn't a fan of this games ending. Again, I hope the DLC fixes this.

Game is short so make sure to play on Madhouse difficulty. I heard that it randomizes puzzles and makes them much harder. Plus you don't have checkpoints, so you have to find tapes to save your game, again making it longer. Plus Capcom will release new free story episode this spring.

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:22 PM

Were you supposed to kill that monster in the basement? I just ran in, grabbed what I needed, and ran out.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:21 PM

86 Metacritic score from 43 critics so far. Seems like all the whiners I've seen since the announcement who were crying, "Wah wah, this isn't Resident Evil!" are dead wrong. I'm seeing a lot of "This is the closest a Resident Evil sequel has come to the original" comments. Can't wait to play this.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

.Bach
  • .Bach

λ

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

86 Metacritic score from 43 critics so far. Seems like all the whiners I've seen since the announcement who were crying, "Wah wah, this isn't Resident Evil!" are dead wrong. I'm seeing a lot of "This is the closest a Resident Evil sequel has come to the original" comments. Can't wait to play this.

Indeed. The only differece with the classics is the camera perspective, everything else is the same.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick
  • OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

And even the camera placement argument doesn't really hold up. The original Resident Evil was originally going to be first person, but because of console limitations it wasn't. And there's a few Resident Evil games that were first person. Yet, "fans" say that RE7 isn't a true Resident Evil game because its first person. Give me a break.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

.Bach
  • .Bach

λ

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:07 PM

Exactly.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:40 AM

I'm not a fan of first person. I wished there was a option for 3rd person
  • Zombified Andy and Happy Hunter like this

quxxo
  • quxxo

Soldier

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

I played prologue and first part of the game. So far it's one of the best game I've ever played along with GTA V, Max Payne 3, DOOM and MKX. Holy sh*t it's great.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 24 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

I'm so debating getting this. I'll be honest I've never favored horror games because they scare the actual sh*t out of me, films I'm great with but games, not so much. I recently played outlast for the first time and realized that if you can avoid being a pussy, the atmosphere and tension in games like this is second to none. 

Also, how can the digital copy on Xbox One be £55 but the Steam version be £40? I never understand the markups on the digital versions. 

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Playa

• Members

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

wish there was a 3rd person view, not a fan of the FP view in a RE game

• Happy Hunter likes this

Noale
  • Noale

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:13 PM

This is such a tempting buy. Anyone know how long the full game is?

.Bach
  • .Bach

λ

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:23 PM Edited by BACHBreaker, 24 January 2017 - 08:24 PM.

It varies from 9 to 12 hours. I'll buy it when it hits $40.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 January 2017 - 08:41 PM

Installing now. Kind of excited - I enjoyed the teaser.

Also excited that it is a "play anywhere" title.

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 09:33 PM

I have been playing it for the past 2 hours, still didnt leave the house... how the f*ck do i enter grandmas room.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

I have been playing it for the past 2 hours, still didnt leave the house... how the f*ck do i enter grandmas room.

Which room is that? Is that the one with a shotgun?

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2017 - 10:26 PM

Yep. Cant get to unlock the room tho.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:21 AM

You need to get the crow key then backtrack

Affalterbach
  • Affalterbach

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:42 AM

You need to get the crow key then backtrack

Yeah got the scorpion key, have the shotgun now, only gotta fix it... i dont want to go to the basement, those creatures are f*cked up man, they dont die and all my bullets go empty.

GameChristopher
  • GameChristopher

Cayne

• Members

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:05 AM

I really wish it looked and felt and acted like a real Resident Evil game.

• Affalterbach likes this

.Bach
  • .Bach

λ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:42 AM

It does though.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:25 AM

Please tell me, how does it not?

GameChristopher
  • GameChristopher

Cayne

• Members

Posted 27 January 2017 - 05:07 AM

Please tell me, how does it not?

My office and I did a Let's Play of the demo. Link is in my signature, and although it was just the demo, the final game did nothing to change any of my opinions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users