• Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 17 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

Benny introduced a new sports car to the Los Santos market today in the form of the Specter, from manufacturer Dewbauchee. The 2 door vehicle is new to GTA and can be purchased in it's stock form at Benny's for a cool $599k. As usual a custom version is also available if you like to fancy up your kits for a few thousand benjamins extra. If you want to see how it performs, apparently this guy called Broughy1322 has the best deets

In addition to the Specter, we've been treated to a new Adversary Mode. I mean, it has been a while! The new mode is called Collection Time and comes in 7 maps. The theme is money bags, with players seperated into teams and each given a sackful of cash. The aim is to kill your opponents so they drop their bags and you pick them up for yourself, all while trying to avoid the same happening to you by other players. The team with the most money bags at the end is the winner.

Alongside this we've got discounts and money making opportunities to keep us going for the rest of the month:

• 25% discount off - Benny's upgrades, Executive Office garage upgrades, Executive Office auto shop upgrades, Biker businesses, Import/Export tattoos
  • Double money and RP - new Adversary Mode Collection Time
  • Double money and RP - Biker contracts
  • Double money and RP - Special Vehicle work
  • Premium stunt race - Chiliad

All until 30th January.

6ON4kBg.png Dewbauchee Specter Appreciation Topic

PIju4Jo.png Rockstar Newswire Post

Snapmatic by Arthur Fookin Shelby

C2YuNIMWgAAfhH5.jpg

• Spider-Vice, GTAKid667, Kalvin and 17 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:12 PM

They're going to run out of supercars to throw in the game by August at the rate they're going.
  • Yinepi likes this

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

Yeah, I've had enough of sports and supers.

• SilverRST, B7R, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

B7R
  • B7R

Custom

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

Yeah, I've had enough of sports and supers.

Same, I want them to focus on some other cars at this point but I guess with sports cars and supers being all that "Hey look at me I'm rich stuff" I don't really know what the chances of R* are like doing anything besides supers or sports real soon, if they know suckers are going to be buying this then why stop? 

Also I'm sure if classics were to come back into the picture they again would find some way to make it over priced that you'd have to grind your backside off to get it or use their shark card. Yeah no thanks. 

• Shadowfennekin and Cameron Star like this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Lord of Edges(i guess)

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:40 AM Edited by Darth Absentis, 18 January 2017 - 12:43 AM.

They're going to run out of supercars to throw in the game by August at the rate they're going.

Lamborghini centenario, aventador spyder, countach....

Ferrari P4/5, F40, 488 GTB, F430, 365 daytona, F12 TRS,....

Bugatti EB 110 SS...

Henneysey Venom GT 

Porche Carrera GT

Lexus LFA

Pagani Zonda Revolucion...

Koenigsegg Regera....

Noble M600

Maserati MC-12

Jaguar CX-75

SSC Ultimate Aero XT

Ascari A10

BAC Mono

Ariel Atom

Maybe if you consider those also super cars the list includes:

Spyker C8

Acura NSX

Bugatti Galibier

Lamborghini Estoque

I still think they can keep it up for an other 2 years if they want it.

edit: Besides, any sh*t that is supposed to be actually cheap they bring out really expensive in general

Low riders, hotrods, muscle cars,.....

I do think we rather could use some more SUV's, Sedans, Coupes, japanese sport cars and classic super cars now though.

more edit: and the property cap removed

• Voit Turyv likes this

Queen
  • Queen

Commissioner

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States
  • Nicest Member 2016

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:57 AM

Good Lord. Another super?!

Collection Time sounds cool though.

éX-Driver
  • éX-Driver

Playa

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:00 AM

@Darth Absentis
The way R* makes cars, they tend to combine multiple similar cars. Many of the cars in-game have elements of those you listed.
And we already have the new Honda NSX.

They need to add more hot rods, muscle cars, and 4x4s. They've only added a handful of off roaders, and those were primarily soft roaders. They've added 2-3 muscle cars. And they've only added 3 hot rods.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:18 AM

I love the blue and pink livery for it I saw in the GTA series video. I might buy the car just for that whenever the servers want to work for me.

I hope next update, we only get ONE super/sport class car if any though. We need a break from those.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:14 AM

I think it's pretty obvious R* just remodeled a combo of the Coquette & the Seven-70.

Just bought it & it really feels like a remodeled Coquette.

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Philip Trevors

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:35 AM Edited by mrgstrings, 18 January 2017 - 07:36 AM.

The front also contains a bit Verlierer and the back Reaper/Tempesta and other :p

bigjpc777
  • bigjpc777

GTAOnline Addict

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:23 PM

Premium race not giving 3x RP? Anyone else had this?

Don Maximus Meridius
  • Don Maximus Meridius

Basterds Boss

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

I still waiting for the Hermes and a Classic Dominator.

ef2529be8f333c90e750251de7d5827d46c92aee

• EVOLUT7ON, Mach1bud, ~HomeFree~ and 3 others like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:44 PM Edited by Yinepi, 18 January 2017 - 07:49 PM.

Ferrari F40

The only supercar that is worthy left to add at this point... because Grotti Turismo Classic... ;)

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

They are releasing a lot of super and sports vehicles, but this time I actually like the car. I might save up some money for this one.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

Well, Mr. Mach shall skip this one.
  • Mangled Crow likes this

Mangled Crow
  • Mangled Crow

This is the Chocolate Foxer, Ciáo Baby!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

As much as (some) of us like to see new sports and supers occasionally. Muscles and sports classics should have their recognition acknowledged more, as well as other underrated vehicle classes in-game.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 18 January 2017 - 10:22 PM

As much as (some) of us like to see new sports and supers occasionally. Muscles and sports classics should have their recognition acknowledged more, as well as other underrated vehicle classes in-game.

To be fair though, Muscle class has recieved more vehicles than any other class when you count them all up.

Well it might be even now with the new sports class cars idk.
  • Mangled Crow likes this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Lord of Edges(i guess)

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:05 AM

@Darth Absentis
The way R* makes cars, they tend to combine multiple similar cars. Many of the cars in-game have elements of those you listed.
And we already have the new Honda NSX.

They need to add more hot rods, muscle cars, and 4x4s. They've only added a handful of off roaders, and those were primarily soft roaders. They've added 2-3 muscle cars. And they've only added 3 hot rods.

Aaah, so that explains why my specter has the front of a porche ;)

Yes ellements, but i still could not properly come even close to replicating at least half of the vehicles i listed.

Some, to be honest though, could be fixed by letting them be benny's variations though, but even then, we lack classic super cars and still several quite original super cars.

That being said, who says i was talking about the new NSX ?

i was not, in case someone was wondering. :)

overall there are quite a lot off-roaders at the moment, especially if one includes the vehicles that aren't offroaders that can be used in the offroad class.

When talking about DLC content overall they have added about 20 muscle cars if including the lowrider variations, slightly less if not including those, for regular classic muscle cars, honestly, i like them, but all of the wellknown ones are already in this game.

Hotrods, not my thing, but i agree, we could use a few more of those indeed, since currently we only got about a couple of those, and yes, a few modern muscle cars would be nice, but the regular ones, let's not, we got plenty of those already IMO.

And offroads....that's almost gonna be kinda problematic, since there are honestly not many left i can name except for a few buggy's and trucks....at least if they have to look appart.

Sure enough that means there are quite some left, but this is more towards the people saying we are almost gonna run out of super cars to be honest :p

again though i do admit we kinda are lacking in other departments ATM and i think the super car class is nicely filled for the moment.

But...then again, this new car is not a super and is kinda one of those modern gran turismo concept cars....and by my knowing there are only a few of those kind of sport cars in the game currently

one is the furore GT, the other the albany alpha, and then maybe if you mod it up right, the Lynx.

Really, after they have implemented a few japanese ricer, luxurious coupes and sedans and a few hotrods i really would dig more of this kind of stuff :p

rlk232
  • rlk232

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 January 2017 - 06:59 PM

No sale on existing cars?

SkynetOnlineID
  • SkynetOnlineID

Artificial intelligence

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:39 AM

I made a SecuroServ special vehicle work Playlist on PS4 for the double money and RP if anyone is interested. 

I suggest only playing it with good friends that you might be communicating with. The down sides are that you can't restart a mission if someone dies. It only gives you the option to continue to the next mission in the playlist.

There also might be about a 1-2 minutes loading time at the start of each mission where the screen looks stuck, just wait it out and it will load. I think this is because you don't start from the helicopter from of your CEO building and in some you might spawn right next to the special vehicles. My assumption is the game has to load in all the vehicles, props, enemies, spawn points, etc directly.

If you're too far from where you need to go the CEO and I presume the associates also can spawn in two of the helicopters on the CEO vehicles interaction menu (buzzard from the menu not available at all in these missions).

• Big_Show likes this

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:14 PM

Ugh, another super car... It will be about time to actually release oldtimers. hotrods, and some other cools instead of only supercars and sports car.

R* is simply going to sh*t if they keep this up. They may release some horse with superpowers in RDR2...

psymin
  • psymin

mayor of paleto bay.

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Canada
  • Crew Poster Battle Winner 2016

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:21 PM Edited by psymin, 21 January 2017 - 11:22 PM.

really enjoying the double rp and gta$ on the mc clubhouse missions.

for what it's worth you can do most of them solo and in invite only and crew sessions.. its a breeze.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:21 PM

Super cars are so overdone now. How about some SUV's or compacts? Oh yeah, because any car that doesn't go 200 mph is worthless according to kids. 

Even though the Muscle category has more cars than Supers, it can get away with it since muscle cars at least all look different so there's design variety. All the Supers practically look the same by this point.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Lord of Edges(i guess)

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:34 PM

Lol, al this moaning about a new super car while the car is considered a sport.

You would think that if people really have seen such an oversized amount of super cars they would know the difference. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users