12 replies to this topic
Domand
  • Domand

Its Wanting That gets So Many Folks In Trouble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:32 AM

Heres what I mean so read carefully,

The mother Maureen Mcreary loves all her kids since she is the mom (She lets the killing gangster children packie and gerald live with them). But what about the brothers? For example They all say they hate Francis, but what if they all love eachother because their family

however their differences and hate for eachother outweighs the love.

like Francis could love derrick, but his selfishness and hypocritical personality still makes him willing to have derrick killed. I mean francis doesn't seem to let the cops really bring his brothers down so...

also do all the brothers most likely  love kate?

or perhaps its as simple as they all hate eachother with no love,

your thoughts based off this argument.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:50 AM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 17 January 2017 - 01:50 AM.

The entire family is basically Irish-American gangsters, and they do love each other. Derrick also loves his brothers as they steal the bank together and all, and Francis is the exception, as he decided to join the "good" side, becoming a cop instead of a gangster (not a very honest one, but a cop). And they all love Kate because she's the one McReary who decided not to join the gang (nor become a cop).

• MrBellicLC likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:18 AM

They love each other, especially Kate since she's their only sister.

Skarekrow
  • Skarekrow

citizen punk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:36 AM

To quote Gerald "If you f*ck with my family, I will f*ck with yours."
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36 and SanLiberty like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:54 AM

They don't love each other. And if they do, that's f*cking disgusting. Incest sucks.

• Algonquin Assassin, ProKiller93, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:56 AM

I don't think so..
Nor was the impression of them hating each other. Packie and Kate feel a close bond to their mother, and not that fond of their brothers. Packie seems to share a close working relationship but nothing beyond that.
  • Algonquin Assassin and RogerWho like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:39 AM

I don't think so..
Nor was the impression of them hating each other. Packie and Kate feel a close bond to their mother, and not that fond of their brothers. Packie seems to share a close working relationship but nothing beyond that.

This is how I feel too. Of the siblings Packie and Kate have the closest bond with their mother, but it's pretty difficult to know how much in shown in return as Maureen only makes a few appearance in the story. Packie just shows a basic working relationship with all his brothers (except Francis).

In general I think they love each other as much as a dysfunctional family could.

Craig
  • Craig

Park Head

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

In general I think they love each other as much as a dysfunctional family could.

Pretty much. It's safe to say we all know of at least one family like that, if indeed it isn't your own. Just because you don't like your family members so much, doesn't mean you necessarily don't love them. I know there are cases where the love is completely absent due to shifting roles, absent members and abhorrent behaviour, but for the most part the McReary family do show signs of love.

Things get complicated though when we look at how characters interact, and what they say to Niko during cutscenes. We can piece together who Packie likes for example, but Kate is a little more tight-lipped about the whole thing. There's a lot of history between them clearly, and with the way Packie remarks on his time in Liberty during optional events in V, he's quite reflective and sees his time as enriching if not mostly positive. He doesn't mention family, but his language doesn't suggest someone willing to forget things in a hurry.

If I had the time and a fresher perspective on the game I could probably piece together a little flowchart on how I think different members of the McReary family feel towards each other, but I don't unfortunately. I just know I'm familiar with at least one family like theirs in real life, and their bond isn't any weaker than other families.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Alexlecj
  • Alexlecj

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:36 AM

Francis loves his brothers.

After completing Harboring a Grudge:

"Just thank the Lord you ran into Packie and not my other brothers. Packie's just a hood but Gerald is into some serious sh*t. And Derrick. He's the worst. If that asshole ever comes back from Ireland, I can't be held responsible for what I'd do. My brothers ain't no good, Niko. Trust me on that."

NaborFlores
  • NaborFlores

Niko Bellic

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2017 - 03:43 AM

Yes I think

Jxcob
  • Jxcob

B47ANCE

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:41 AM

If Francis let the cops onto his family then he'd get done for all the corrupt sh*t he did, Francis was the odd one out he was a piece of sh*t. None of the McReary family liked Francis at all

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:56 AM

Yeah they did, Francis saw the bullsh*ttery of the church and stole the money from the pan, he just wanted to be a good man, he didn't want involved in his brothers crime schemes. You could also argue Gerald held his family higher than the others from what he said to Niko, "If you f*ck with my family, I'll f*ck with yours." or something like that I forget. Derrick was a hurting man who got into hard drugs to forget his past in potato land, only problem was he forgot to truly bury it. Packie and Gerald were the only ones who took care of Kate and Mrs. McCreary.
  • The Deadite and Mr_Rager like this

Jxcob
  • Jxcob

B47ANCE

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

Yeah they did, Francis saw the bullsh*ttery of the church and stole the money from the pan, he just wanted to be a good man, he didn't want involved in his brothers crime schemes. You could also argue Gerald held his family higher than the others from what he said to Niko, "If you f*ck with my family, I'll f*ck with yours." or something like that I forget. Derrick was a hurting man who got into hard drugs to forget his past in potato land, only problem was he forgot to truly bury it. Packie and Gerald were the only ones who took care of Kate and Mrs. McCreary.

How did he wanna avoid all of it if he did alot of corrupt sh*t and ordered Niko to kill people lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users