» «
Photo

GTA related OCD habits

49 replies to this topic
MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:18 AM

Thought this might be a bit fun.:p

Pretty simple. Just list the OCD habits you have when you play any GTA game or they could just be common for all the games.

-When I start a save of GTA IV I ALWAYS walk to Roman's cab depot as stealing cars at this point feels a bit weird a few hours after just arriving in the country.

-I save after every mission or activity I complete to let some time go by.

-I change clothes atleast every two days.

-I delete emails and text messages because I don't like them clogging things up.

-Can't stand not having full health/armour.

-I park my cars in the correct position according to what side of the road I'm on.

• Mister Pink, Roger Cheeto, theGTAking101 and 10 others like this

Holden Caulfield
  • Holden Caulfield

“Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.”

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:29 AM

- I always park my car perfectly in a lot

- Broken windows, dents, et cetera kill me, I always have to get it repaired

-Landing a helicopter as neat as possible, even if I'm landing in a random place like somewhere in Middle Park

-Like you said, full health and armor

-In GTA IV I hate not having max ammo for a weapon, even though it doesn't bug me THAT much

• MiamiViceCity likes this

DieselFuelOnly
  • DieselFuelOnly

"What impertinence! I shall purge you at once!"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:51 AM Edited by DieselFuelOnly, 16 January 2017 - 03:53 AM.

-I delete emails and text messages because I don't like them clogging things up.

-I park my cars in the correct position according to what side of the road I'm on.

^ I do these too. It's nice to know it's not just me lol.

I have a particularly bad case of legit OCD when it comes to even numbers so I'm aware some of these will be weird.

- I save my game twice after every single mission, each in a different slot. I also keep as many backups as slot space permits. I had a bad experience the first time I played through San Andreas. Fired the game up to do the last few missions and, well, I don't wanna talk about it.

- In GTA V I always quick save somewhere safe. Something about saving on a hill or in an area crowded with peds/objects just screams "you're gonna have problems when you load this back up". Granted, GTA is pretty good with that and I've not had an issue (yet), but I've had some sh*tty experiences with other games that have created an anxiety associated with carelessly saving just anywhere.

- I never leave doors open if it's possible to shut them, whether it be a car door, chopper door, plane, building, house, etc. If I get out of a car, I make sure it's shut before I walk away. If I'm getting into a car, the whole San Andreas army or Liberty City police department could be on my ass and I'll take my time making sure it's shut before I take off.

- I always enter vehicles through the driver side door. If I absolutely must enter through the passenger side it will bug me until I stop, get out and get back in again properly.

- I pump the brakes an even number of times before coming to a stop.

- If I drift around a right hand corner, I have to drift around a left hand corner at the earliest convenience.

- I always reload weapons when I'm done shooting or before I switch to another weapon.

- If I notice I have an uneven number of ammo remaining for any weapon, I correct it as soon as I can.

- I can't stand having a damaged vehicle. I know this is one hell of a thing to bug me in a game like GTA but it does bug me horribly. If I get into a fender bender, I detour to the nearest garage. The amount of money I've dumped into Pay n' Sprays/LS Customs for every little bit of damage is a bit disgusting to be honest.

- Due to my problems with even numbers, I don't even f*ck with the stock market lol. I can't handle it.

I'll edit my post as I think of more, I know there's plenty.  :beerhat:

• MiamiViceCity and Neon_Dreaming like this

Skarekrow
  • Skarekrow

citizen punk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:16 AM Edited by Skarekrow, 16 January 2017 - 04:18 AM.

- Saving at 00:00 so I'm not on missions in total darkness
- Parking my vehicles in a nearby alleyway/parking spot/walkway when exiting to trigger a mission/enter a store
- 100% health, 100% body armor, stocking up on ammo before I save for the night
- Slowing down to shut the open driver's door
- Scouting guarded areas from a vantage point before entering (e.g. the cargo ship in Spilling the Beans)
- Switching to my favorite station even if I'm trying to gun down someone else's car
- Reloading before moving onto the next part of the mission
  • MiamiViceCity and DieselFuelOnly like this

Achlys
  • Achlys

Rawr

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 January 2017 - 05:14 AM

I always have to have a zero at the end of my amount of cash and ammo. If I don't, I just shoot and spend until I do.
  • MiamiViceCity and DieselFuelOnly like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:06 AM

I can't stand the characters wearing the SAME outfit all the time. For Johnny, I deal with it as I don't really like his extra outfit. And I just gave up on that in V, unless you do Trevor first. Everyone else will change by the time he can change clothes if he spawned on a mountain or on the island.

I do that. Always have.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:13 AM

In GTA V/Online, I cycle through the weapons on a Buzzard to make sure I've got the one I want equipped (usually homing off). Then a few seconds later I'll cycle back and forth a little until I'm back on it again, just to make sure I'm still on it.

It's little things like that. They nearly always start having some kind of purpose, but then it just ends up a habit.

• MiamiViceCity, BlackScout, Bare and 1 other like this

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Time for Take-Three!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:29 AM Edited by Cluckin' Bell, 16 January 2017 - 08:31 AM.

I usually do missions whenever the game time is set to daytime, because why would you want to knock on someone's door at 3 in the morning?

• MiamiViceCity and BlackScout like this

Keano
  • Keano

Follow The Train

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:02 AM Edited by Keano, 16 January 2017 - 09:03 AM.

- Have to fly a plane perfectly in GTA games, mostly because I'm hoping to be a pilot, so I taxi to the runway, sit for a minute (or sometimes go for takeoff right away) and make sure the wheels go up after takeoff. I make flying to Sandy Shores or McKenzie and sometimes Fort Zancudo a route and therefore make it a long enough flight with a proper descent and approach to the airport. Also do this in GTA: San Andreas. 

- Following that, I also try and get gold medals in all flight school missions both in single player (San Andreas and GTA V) and online.

- If my car gets damaged, I immediately get it repaired or steal another one.

- I like having my money rounded off to the nearest 10, 100, 1000, etc although at times this has been impossible. 

- When fighting in GTA IV, I like areas where I can push people causing them to fall a great height i:e Burgershot at the Broker-Dukes Expressway 

- When fighting in GTA V, I have to use the pratfalling feature to defeat pedestrians. Makes the fight longer and much more fun especially if you fly into them and you both fall a great height. Makes it look like something out of WWE. 

- I use to always do one character set of missions before moving on to another characters. Now I've varied it and it's a lot more fun but I always did it from GTA III's release until about 2 or 3 years ago.

Will  edit this post if I think of anymore.

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 January 2017 - 09:17 AM Edited by TheGamingPr025, 16 January 2017 - 02:19 PM.

Whenever I look up and see that my ammo count is an odd number, I shoot someone so it goes even.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

I like to have a full health and armor at all times

I like to have my vehicles in mint condition (I'd even often repair motorcycles after a crash in 3D games,despite the damage being invisible on them)

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

I always try to get 100% or Gold medals in all missions whenever possible. Did it with all schools in San Andreas (driving, flying, bike and boat), on the entire TBoGT and in some parts of V. And screw the Barrel Roll part on the Driving School, screw that part in particular.

Neickup
  • Neickup

I don't like bread.

• Members
  • France

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

- When it's raining, I don't walk outside and stay in my car or house.

- When I'm on the highway, I'm rolling at normal speed.

- When my car get dirty, I go in a carwash.

- If I see a cop or a security man while I'm driving, I beep him.

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:11 PM

Need to have the best possible accuracy at all times.

• MiamiViceCity and MKKJ like this

ATeaDaze
  • ATeaDaze

You got any bright ideas what to say?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

• If I steal a cop car with no wanted level I instinctively start driving like a cop (too much LSPDFR).
  • I go back in my garage to repair my car if it's immediately scratched after I exit
  • My garage is sorted by type, then color
  • I always check for dubsta2s around 10:00-16:00 and sentinels around 21:00-04:00
  • I don't feel right w/out full snacks and armor
  • DOUGL4S1 likes this

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Time for Take-Three!

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:04 PM Edited by Cluckin' Bell, 16 January 2017 - 10:52 PM.

Whenever I start a new game for any GTA game, I always find ways to make some easy cash right after the first mission (taxi side-missions in the 3D games and CTW, taking money from cash registers in IV, etc.)

• Mister Pink and MiamiViceCity like this

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:53 PM Edited by Claude_Lib, 16 January 2017 - 08:02 PM.

When I pass a mission that triggers unique phone calls after it's passed, I always wait for them to happen before saving the game.
When I'm driving to a mission, I always release all buttons to let the car approach the marker by inertia, so I won't accidentally mess up the following cutscene sequence. Speaking of, I never skip the cutscenes because I'm afraid that doing so can break some scripts and cause bugs.
P.S. I remember there was a similar thread some time ago, but maybe its just another weird thing they call deja-vu.

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Huntèr civil rights activist

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 16 January 2017 - 08:15 PM

P.S. I remember there was a similar thread some time ago, but maybe its just another weird thing they call deja-vu.

No I think you're right, I've got a fuzzy memory too - but I think it was in the online section, so, should be good to keep this up.

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:03 AM

I have a one and a half years old save I did after completing Dead Man Walking and everytime I try to continue with the storyline, I just keep going back because I always feel like I did something wrong during Did Somebody Say Yoga, like releasing the triggers during yoga before Amanda or Fabien remind me to exhale, or crashing into the ground during the bad trip before the song ends.

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

I too obsess about having my car totally damage free.

I also have a bizarre habit of honking the horn in time to the music if it is one of my favourite tracks.....!

• MiamiViceCity, B Dawg, BlackScout and 2 others like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

GΣӨGΛDDI

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:39 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 18 January 2017 - 12:44 PM.

Thought this might be a bit fun. :p

Pretty simple. Just list the OCD habits you have when you play any GTA game or they could just be common for all the games.

-When I start a save of GTA IV I ALWAYS walk to Roman's cab depot as stealing cars at this point feels a bit weird a few hours after just arriving in the country.

-I change clothes atleast every two days.

Ah...! You play like me except for emails and texts. 

But yeah, for realism, I try change clothes frequently, usually every session. 

Whenever I start a new game for any GTA game, I always find ways to make some easy cash right after the first mission (taxi side-missions in the 3D games and CTW, taking money from cash registers in IV, etc.)

Man this is what I love about GTA. I loved it in SA, scrounging for a few dollars for the first while as a nobody, trying to survive and save bullets and cash lol

• MiamiViceCity and Rejeckted like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Victory for modding!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:03 PM

I also have a bizarre habit of honking the horn in time to the music if it is one of my favourite tracks.....!

Guess I'm not the only one :p

• ~Tiger~ likes this

piko
  • piko

100% or nothing

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 January 2017 - 02:21 PM

I can't feel I've truly completed a GTA-game unless I've done literally everything:

-driven all vehicles

-picked up all weapon spawns at least once

-maxed out all stats (criminal rating, pilot rank etc)

So you can guess now that I'm playing all GTAs from the beginning it will take me quite a while to move on to next game..  :lol:  (can't wait for Vice City and maxing pilot rank with the Skimmer..)

• DimitriFaustin likes this

Dark Alessa
  • Dark Alessa

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 18 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

Let's see .... many of the things I do have already been named by many of you. What I remember for the moment:

- I always save the game twice in the same place, just to be sure.
- I don't like to kill some NPC without any reason.
- I like to park my vehicles in the correct way, cars, helicopters, planes ... I just can not stand if they are not well parked.
- After completing a mission, I wait some time before starting another one, I don't like start another mission automatically after the previous one.
- I always turn off the radio every time I start a mission.

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 19 January 2017 - 09:57 PM

I do that sometimes too. It's even better when the horn is the same note as in the song, like the chorus in Danger Zone. So satisfying.

• ~Tiger~ likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:53 PM

I either do that or I start driving on zig-zag on the tempo of the song, until I eventually crash...

MKKJ
  • MKKJ

Honest Steaks

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:50 AM

Let's see... some of my habits already mentioned

• Always, park cars properly. For this reason i'm pissed at 3D era road design that doesn't have parking space
  • Broken doors, windows, etc. Those sh*tty driving AI that bump my ride will taste headshot on their seat
  • Wait for minute clock goes to 0, 15, 30, 45 to before doing anything (saving, mission, etc.)
  • Always have either full health or armor

Music honking club when?

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:01 AM

Perfect horn honking chorus:

Voit Turyv
  • Voit Turyv

The Shaominator

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:12 AM

Starting from VC, where there is enough garage room for this, I always try to collect all the law enforcement vehicles - or at least FBI and military. It even extends to Saints Row games.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Ninja

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:18 AM Edited by BlackScout, 05 February 2017 - 12:24 AM.

Here's my list of habits and keks:

- I hate crashing into NPC's. I like my vehicles 100% intact. One scratch and it's enough to drive me mad.

- I rarely kill NPC's, but I do seek revenge if they happen hit my vehicle.

- I try to take-off planes as realistically as possible. Landing can be included in that too.

- I tend to keep a single nice outfit for the entire gameplay (For example I hate Niko's starter clothes, makes him look like a homeless dude.)

- I always handbrake when driving motorcycles in GTA San Andreas. Sharp 90º turns for the win.

- I can't race without using racing lanes.

- I spam the jump button whenever I have to climb a wall, no matter the game. SPACE SPACE SPACE...

- I always switch to my favorite radio, I can't stand music that isn't my taste. Ruins the experience.

TBContinued...

• KYX likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users