Quantcast

» «
Photo

How should we purchase weapons in GTA VI?

49 replies to this topic
GTAHDMan
  • GTAHDMan

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:55 AM Edited by GTAHDMan, 26 January 2017 - 12:57 AM.

I would have all 3 because if your a Miles away from the nearest ammunation you can order online from the ammunation.Org or something like that and if your downtown you can unground weapon shop so all 3

• LincolnClay likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2017 - 07:08 PM

I'd like to see various places and methods of obtaining weapons. Ammunation would sell a wide variety of weapons as it always has, however you can't buy fully automatic weapons there, similar to how it is in the states. Also you wouldn't be able to buy sticky bombs or grenades there either.

Underground shops such the ones in IV would be another option, here you can buy fully automatic weapons, grenades, sticky bombs etc. The kind of hardware you can't get in Ammunation. I'd also like for these dealers merchandise to change over time, like if you visit after a number of in game days they may have less or more stock than before, maybe that rifle you were thinking of buying last time is gone, somebody else bought it.

The third option is through contacts, you meet small time weapon dealers who can get you a piece if you need it, similar to Jacob in IV. Give them a call and meet them to purchase a gun. You gain their trust over time meaning they may deliver a weapon to a specific location which you choose if you want and they let you have a tab, allowing you to pay later. However if you don't pay they will come after you looking for their money.

More customization is a given. Scopes, optics, flashlights, suppressors, barrel lengths. Have a custom loadout for the job at hand. Also get rid of the feature present in all Gta's where certain weapons are only unlocked as you progress towards the story. If you don't want the player to have access to them early on just make it harder to make money, let purchases have weight behind them. Having weapons blacked out or being out of stock and only a display model there, these are features which need to go imo.
  • Payne Killer likes this

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

Depend in which city GTA 6 will be set. Someone mentions that before, I want to say that to me it is is really cool the way you can buy the firearms separately that the melees weapons in Vice City.

Marty892
  • Marty892

Playa

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 March 2017 - 11:47 AM

A mix between IV and 5.

Have Ammo Nation sell legit weapons. Nothing crazy just Pistols, shotguns, hunting rifles. And the black market could sell the more dangerous and illegal weapons like miniguns, flame throwers and the like.

And like GTA Biker said, different stores that sell different melee weapons.

This

Its kinda ridiculous to be able to buy a f***king homing rocket launcher in the regular gun store. I know its gta, but still.

Ammunation should only have some regular guns and ammo, some unique stuff too, but all the fancy stuff should be available only in underground shops or through friends like in IV

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:17 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 21 March 2017 - 06:22 PM.

I would like it harder to buy guns at the start of the game by a couple of ways. Guns are hard to afford at the start. Ammunition don't serve you until you get a gun licence. Now, here me out. 

Acquiring guns at the first half of the game is usually done by underground stores. There can be around 2 on the map. So not ideal and a bit spread out. However after you progress  and earn trust of underground stores, they deliver to you. However weapons are imports, ex-military, second hand and little bit old. Think of the weaker or older style weapon set in previous GTA's. After a longer time you have access to gun school. Once you get licence you can purchase in any Ammunition with access to bigger more military weapons. 

Nice single player progression and incentives to the player whilst including all weapons purchasing channels. 

Gun ownership in GTA V felt to legal or something. Too easy. Like it wasn't a thing. Like each character had every right to have all that stuff. Just bought in an ammunation, no problem. At least in IV it feels illegal, underground, it feels criminal and it is. I'm happy for Ammunation but at least make it so it's an unlockable by licence half-way in to the game. 

• HaythamKenway, GTA-Biker, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

I would like it harder to buy guns at the start of the game by a couple of ways. Guns are hard to afford at the start. Ammunition don't serve you until you get a gun licence. Now, here me out. 

Acquiring guns at the first half of the game is usually done by underground stores. There can be around 2 on the map. So not ideal and a bit spread out. However after you progress  and earn trust of underground stores, they deliver to you. However weapons are imports, ex-military, second hand and little bit old. Think of the weaker or older style weapon set in previous GTA's. After a longer time you have access to gun school. Once you get licence you can purchase in any Ammunition with access to bigger more military weapons. 

Nice single player progression and incentives to the player whilst including all weapons purchasing channels. 

Gun ownership in GTA V felt to legal or something. Too easy. Like it wasn't a thing. Like each character had every right to have all that stuff. Just bought in an ammunation, no problem. At least in IV it feels illegal, underground, it feels criminal and it is. I'm happy for Ammunation but at least make it so it's an unlockable by licence half-way in to the game. 

I agree gun ownership in GTA 5 feels a bit too legal (even for stuff like RPGs or stickies),and I would do something similar to your idea,but a little different.

At the start of the game you wouldn't know any local gun dealers,so you could only buy guns at Ammunation,but there you could only buy legal guns (handguns, shotguns, scoped rifles, maybe SMGs and assault rifles which would be expensive because you'd have to pay the clerk a little extra to convert them from semi auto only to full auto).

Later,as you would make connections in the underworld,you would find out about the locations of underground gun shops where you could buy illegal military grade weapons (MGs, minigun, RPGs, grenade launchers, explosives...),as well as all the legal guns.

Finally,in the second half of the story you would meet a gun runner contact who would sell you any weapon,and deliver it to your current location,similar to Jacob or Terry.Maybe you could even lose the gun license around the middle of the story because of your criminal activities,so you could only go to underground shops or call the contact to deliver you guns.

As for melee weapons,you could buy them from the start of the story in tool stores (crowbar, hammer, hatchet, pipe wrench, knife...) and sports equipment stores (baseball bat, pool cue, golf club...).

• Mister Pink likes this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:30 PM

Bring the online orders back from Chinatown Wars, those were awesome.

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Prankster

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 March 2017 - 01:38 PM Edited by TheHolyNZF, 26 March 2017 - 01:38 PM.

Six places

1. Ammunation store

You can buy from here:

Pistols

SMG's

Carbines/small automatic rifles

Light and Medium Body armor

Pepper spray

2. Warstock military surplus store

You can buy from here:

Automatic rifles

Marksman rifles

Automatic Pistols

Military knives

Anti-Tank mines

Bazookas

3. Hunting Store

You can buy from here:

Rifles

Heavy Rifles

Semi-Automatic Rifles

Bolt-Action Rifles

heal-packs

flare guns

Tripwires

4. sports store

You can buy from here:

Golf clubs

Pool cues

Baseball Bats

Tennis rackets

etc...

5. Underground Gun store

You can buy from here:

molotovs

grenades

LMG's

Katana

6. SecuroServ

You can buy from here:

Tazer

Proximity mines

C4

Trap mines/ AI mines

Flash grenades

HML

and special weapons

• Official General, Roger Cheeto, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Wrath.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

If it's gonna be set in Washington (state, not D.C.), there should be two ways to buy weapons: Ammu-Nation-esque stores with melee weapons and pistols and illegal gun shops for other kinds of weapons.

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

Spoiler

This sounds really good. Just hope that Rockstar doesn't go lazy with stores online by combining everything once again. 

• LincolnClay likes this

DM98xKONATA
  • DM98xKONATA

Koh-Nuh-Tah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

Can we buy them from the

Spoiler

• (Ambient) and LincolnClay like this

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Prankster

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 March 2017 - 08:15 PM

Spoiler

This sounds really good. Just hope that Rockstar doesn't go lazy with stores online by combining everything once again. 

or worse yet putting everything to the net. I hope they hear those who want more interiors and immersion and make GTA:Next not only big map, but diverse and interior-rich.

You know, instead of having all guns sold in few stores of one chain, why not sell different weapons in different chains thus increasing interior variety and count.

• Marty892, LincolnClay and VictorVince1239 like this

IlikeLatinaTits
  • IlikeLatinaTits

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • Brunei

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

I would like to have the option of unlocking certain special weapons after completing side missions Like in Tom Clancy Wildlands, you get info on the weapon's location by interrogating a gang lieutenant then go to a gang hideout to unlock the weapon, it would add a sense of achievement when unlocking the weapon & it would be a fun side-mission. 

• Steezy. likes this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

New Bordeaux 1968

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

Can we buy them from the

Spoiler

I've been wondering about him. Maybe he'll be mentioned or maybe even seen in a modern day recreation of Vice City.

Jerry's Illegal Weapons, or something along the lines of that.
  • Steezy. likes this

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Prankster

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

I would like to have the option of unlocking certain special weapons after completing side missions Like in Tom Clancy Wildlands, you get info on the weapon's location by interrogating a gang lieutenant then go to a gang hideout to unlock the weapon, it would add a sense of achievement when unlocking the weapon & it would be a fun side-mission. 

I second that. Unlocking things makes them worth to well, unlock. Sadly R* doesn't seem to like unlocking things judging from the fact they removed that from heist vehicles and level 100 specials recently.

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

If it's VIce City, then Ammunation. They should even have different stores for specific weapons (like melee shops). It'd be cool if they had "hidden weapons" where you have to find them in specific locations on the map, similar to the 3D era games except these pickups aren't able to be bought in stores, thus making it rare and worth finding. It could even be funny stuff like a bouquet of flowers or something really unique like a golden/diamond desert eagle.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Time moves forward, nothing changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ammu Nation for the military hardware, make it expensive though, would be weird having a military grade rifle during the start of the game.

Underground shops could sell cheap sh*t, old handguns, SMGs with high recoil, Molotovs, cheap body armor with little stopping power, etc.

I just hope with the next game we can store weapons in the iconic dufflebag, I've always wanted that feature, would be fun for those who like to roleplay.
  • Roger Cheeto, LincolnClay, Neon_Dreaming and 1 other like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I like the idea of Ammunation( city dependent) for legal firearms , and underground/black market for illegal to own weapons

• GTA-Biker and LincolnClay like this

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

My life sucks

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by KratosDrake, A week ago.

Ammu-Nations and mobile dealers.
- The Ammu-Nations would be all over the map, properly spaced and selling all kinds of stuff. It would take some time to go from one to another but it would sell all weapons and offer customizations and shooting ranges for training.
- The mobile dealers would go to anywhere that you are quickly and efficiently but much more expensive and only selling some kinds of weapons with no customization and range. Depending on your friendship level with them, they would sell better stuff or refuse to sell to you.

yomum21
  • yomum21

Rat

• Members
  • Malaysia

Posted A week ago Edited by yomum21, A week ago.

Mixed. We should buy meele at walmart or something, legal weapons depending on where it is should be bought in ammunitation, and all guns can be bought at the black market. Also, drifferent online website for drifferent stores and there would be 2 drifferent ways of getting it delivered to you. One would be getting it delivered to your house for legal weapon stores(amunation or gta version of walmart) and to buy from the black market(it would be underground, and different sellers sell cheaper gun prices than other storesat certain times, like the stock martket in GTA V), we would actually have to go and pick it up because the store owner dosen't want to get caught

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users