Quantcast

» «
Photo

Civilian buzzard

22 replies to this topic

Poll: Civilian buzzard in shop (53 member(s) have cast votes)

would you like the civilian buzzard to be purchasable

1. yes (40 votes [75.47%])

Percentage of vote: 75.47%

2. no (13 votes [24.53%])

Percentage of vote: 24.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote
jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

i've just discovered that there is a civilian buzzard in the game. so, would you like R* to make it available in the shop

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:00 AM

Why not?

But that would mean adding a helicopter to the game. And they hate me so don't want to do that.

• V4S, alkaline_, jyssys and 2 others like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

nothin personnel kid

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:03 AM

It's a cool little thing. A bastard to spawn normally though, so I'd love to buy it. Having the spotlight work properly would be nice too, as the camera lens lights up when you get in to the helicopter and it functions as one on the NPC choppers.

• alkaline_ and Happy Hunter like this

Foxwolfe
  • Foxwolfe

Entering your birthday is optional

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:47 AM Edited by Foxwolfe, 11 January 2017 - 01:48 AM.

Why not?

But that would mean adding a helicopter to the game. And they hate me so don't want to do that.

It's already in the game, just tough to spawn. Only place I've gotten it to spawn is the roof of the LSPD where they impound cars in online.

Edit: I guess you mean add as in add it to the list of purchasable vehicles, in which case I gotchya.

• Happy Hunter likes this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:03 AM Edited by jpm1, 11 January 2017 - 03:03 AM.

i never saw it in free roaming, only once in a race. it would be cool with flashy or pastel colors skins, like Magnum P.I. :p

Hiddenshadow
  • Hiddenshadow

VC Phoenix Fanatic

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:05 AM

Unless they changed it, the buzzard spawned by the biker road captain is the unarmed version.

Honestly I've been wanting the "civilian" buzzard for a long while now, but I doubt Rockstar feels the market for it is big enough to actually go through the effort of taking a screenshot and putting a pricetag on it(which couldn't be that high, simply because it'd have to be cheaper than the armed buzzard).

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

V4S
  • V4S

❄️ SILLY HAT ❄️

• BUSTED!
  • Japan
  • 14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:03 AM

If it was faster than the armed one due to less weight from ammunition, sure id purchase one.
  • BigBrother67, THC, alkaline_ and 3 others like this

Foxwolfe
  • Foxwolfe

Entering your birthday is optional

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:59 AM

I'd purchase it just to have options.

• jpm1 likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:40 PM Edited by whywontyoulisten, 11 January 2017 - 12:41 PM.

I'd rather have a civilian version of the Ambulance Helicopter/Police Maverick; it's really nice to fly, but you don't see them on the ground that often.

p.s. The road captain in your biker gang can insta-spawn an unarmed Buzzard.

• jpm1 and Goingcrowd9 like this

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:49 PM

yeah the biker CR can spawn it and not the president, or a normal CEO? come on. we are suffering enough with the dodo, please don't move the knife into the wound R* :evilgrin: . we need this (/these)

• Goingcrowd9 likes this

JRebbert512
  • JRebbert512

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:01 PM

I personally would not buy it. It's pointless. The armed Buzzard can do everything the unarmed one can do, and more. There is nothing the unarmed one can do that the armed one can't do, except make me frustrated when I need weapons and don't have them.

That being said, I recognize that this is my own personal preference, and I would not be opposed to Rockstar making it purchasable for those who do see some kind of point to it.

But they probably won't, because it can't fit into their trend of making newer stuff more expensive than the older stuff. It would make no sense at all for the unarmed one to be more expensive than the armed one. Since the unarmed one would have to be cheaper, they probably just wouldn't add it at all.

What I would like to see more than anything else is a way to customize helicopters and all air vehicles, and boats, too. The ability to paint them and add liveries, and maybe even have performance upgrades, would make air and water vehicles a lot more interesting, and probably increase the amount of non-car racing that occurs. And in an air vehicle customization shop, which would probably be located in one of the hangars at LSIA, that's where you could add or remove weapons pods. I know many people would welcome upgradable armor. Maybe there could even be a purchasable missile jammer. It would jam the first homing missile but have a cool down, which would allow Poole innocently flying by an area escape, while anyone sticking around to fight would not be able to repeatedly use it, which old be considered OP.

JohnnyXThunders
  • JohnnyXThunders

World's Finest

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:13 PM Edited by JohnnyXThunders, 11 January 2017 - 07:14 PM.

I'd never buy it, but sure why not. I only use Jets, but the armored buzzard for I/E missions.
I'd buy it, if it had retractable wheels champagne in the back :p

jpm1
  • jpm1

Vice city citizen

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:03 PM Edited by jpm1, 11 January 2017 - 08:05 PM.

this is a thing only guys that used to watch Magnum P.I. can understand :colgate:

Spoiler

• Foxwolfe likes this

Laxkatze
  • Laxkatze

Penumbra lover

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:04 PM

I'd love to be able to buy one, too. When I flew it I kinda had the feeling it's a tiny bit more agile as the armed version.

• xXxKAMIKAZExXx likes this

Cammie
  • Cammie

Player Hater

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted A week ago Edited by Cammie, A week ago.

this is a thing only guys that used to watch Magnum P.I. can understand :colgate:

Spoiler

This please! A civilian buzzard with liveries and a option to install floaters to make it land on water.

The Magnum P.I. heli is so cool!

[Edit: sorry for the bump! I misread the year, I thought it was yesterday! ]
  • hei3enberg and Happy Hunter like this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I wouldn't pay one thin dime for the goofy looking thing but if someone wants to buy one sure, why not have the option available?

xXxKAMIKAZExXx
  • xXxKAMIKAZExXx

Stunt Pilot

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

I'd buy the little scout chopper. It looks really good in different colours. I still don't understand why it's not purchasable yet after the Smuggler's Run DLC. It was added to the creator and races but still not storable :/
  • alkaline_ and Professional Amateur like this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Foreverpast, A week ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong as it's been awhile since I've bothered with the Smugger's business.

However I recall an epsilon blue one being a target/vehicle to steal in a supply mission, in addition a dark blue or red version is given to the player in a rooftop related supply mission.

So yeah they are in-game, not just free roam online & singleplayer, but used in one of the more recent DLCs as well.

Yeah I'd like it released, a gold unarmed one would be cool to have.

J-Scott-D
  • J-Scott-D

J-Scott-D and Lezly-D on PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I used to see the unarmed Buzzard sitting on one of the the Police station roof helipads just east of the Templar Hotel. Not lately, though.
  • alkaline_ likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted A week ago

Correct me if I'm wrong as it's been awhile since I've bothered with the Smugger's business.
However I recall an epsilon blue one being a target/vehicle to steal in a supply mission, in addition a dark blue or red version is given to the player in a rooftop related supply mission.

So yeah they are in-game, not just free roam online & singleplayer, but used in one of the more recent DLCs as well.
Yeah I'd like it released, a gold unarmed one would be cool to have.

Yep, you're correct.

Its available in Freeroam\SP, but hard to come by. You can sometimes find it at the Downtown Police Station or the Davis Police Station.

You can see it flying around East LS, Mirror park & Vinewood after sunset, piloted by SWAT teams members.

I used to see the unarmed Buzzard sitting on one of the the Police station roof helipads just east of the Templar Hotel. Not lately, though.

I saw it during New Year's eve.

38911499584_91d8f96cab_o.pngRandom Shots (224) by IceDree, on Flickr
  • alkaline_ and J-Scott-D like this

Bloodytears1666
  • Bloodytears1666

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted A week ago

6.5 millions, to store in hangar and change color.

Aslad
  • Aslad

I didn't mispell Salad, I swear

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted A week ago

I personally would not buy it. It's pointless. The armed Buzzard can do everything the unarmed one can do, and more. There is nothing the unarmed one can do that the armed one can't do, except make me frustrated when I need weapons and don't have them.

That being said, I recognize that this is my own personal preference, and I would not be opposed to Rockstar making it purchasable for those who do see some kind of point to it.

But they probably won't, because it can't fit into their trend of making newer stuff more expensive than the older stuff. It would make no sense at all for the unarmed one to be more expensive than the armed one. Since the unarmed one would have to be cheaper, they probably just wouldn't add it at all.

What I would like to see more than anything else is a way to customize helicopters and all air vehicles, and boats, too. The ability to paint them and add liveries, and maybe even have performance upgrades, would make air and water vehicles a lot more interesting, and probably increase the amount of non-car racing that occurs. And in an air vehicle customization shop, which would probably be located in one of the hangars at LSIA, that's where you could add or remove weapons pods. I know many people would welcome upgradable armor. Maybe there could even be a purchasable missile jammer. It would jam the first homing missile but have a cool down, which would allow Poole innocently flying by an area escape, while anyone sticking around to fight would not be able to repeatedly use it, which old be considered OP.

There's a lot of things R* makes no sense with though, like how the Sentinel Classic completely outclasses the modern Sentinel in every way lol. If they added floats to the Buzzard or something, they'd easily think it justified to stick a 2mil+ price tag on it.

dead goon
  • dead goon

Reject the status quo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Swift Classic ftw.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users