20 replies to this topic
Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

As it's the beginning of 2017, what are your most anticipated albums coming out this year? Whether confirmed or rumored, I'd like to hear what you guys anticipate the most for 2017.

The biggest one for me is Lorde's new album. It's been a long time coming, but now it's finally near. Lorde will be making several big-name festival appearances for the first time in since 2014, and it's confirmed that new music is on its way. I didn't think it would take so long, but given the quality of her music, I know the wait will be worth it.

I'm also looking forward to new music by Linkin Park, Logic, 30 Seconds to Mars, Slipknot, and Major Lazer, all of whom are confirmed to have albums coming out this year.

What about you guys?

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade
  • Poland

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:27 PM

I'm looking forward to something new from Sunn O))), Aphex Twin, Depeche Mode (they confirmed a new album called "Spirit"), The Cure and Natalia Zamilska.

• Mister Pink and icecoldkilla1467 like this

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond creativity

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • DYOM Mission of the Year 2013 [No Age Limit]

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:42 PM

Definitely the new Starset album 'Vessels' coming out on January 20th.

I loved their last album 'Transmissions'. I can relate to almost every song.

Skarekrow
  • Skarekrow

citizen punk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

Healed by Metal by Grave Digger (Jan 13)
In the Passing Light of Day by Pain of Salvation (Jan 13)
Gods of Violence by Kreator (Jan 27)
The Continuous Evilution of Life's?'s (stupid title) by Twiztid (Jan 27)
The Grinding Wheel by Overkill (Feb 10)
Terrible Human Begins by The Orwells (Feb 17)
Inception by Sanctuary (Feb 24)
??? by Exodus (???)
  • OCDee likes this

Craig
  • Craig

Übergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:42 AM

Echoing the thoughts on Sunn O))) and Aphex Twin - the former disappointed me with their 2015 effort Kannon and the latter has been rather active after an 11 year hiatus. I've been keeping a close eye on his releases, so hopefully we'll see another LP from him following 2014's Syro. Honestly, I'd be happy with another EP, so long as it means more music. On the tails of that, hopefully 2017 is the year we see the return of Boards Of Canada who have been stirring back to life with the occasional remix here and there. Their last album, Tomorrow's Harvest, was one of my favourites from 2013 so fingers crossed.

I'm looking forward to whatever Gorillaz releases this year seeing as a new album from them is imminent. Also, At The Drive-In reformed in 2012 which completely flew over my head. I read that they're planning a new LP too, but there's also a new ANTEMASQUE album coming soon and they share members, not to mention their spearhead Omar Rodriguez Lopez haemorrhaging music like it's going out of fashion. The man is going to be exhausted. Speaking of exhausted, waiting for Tool's new album is wearing me out. Please Maynard. Pull your finger out.

Blondie as well. Forgot about Blondie.

• Mister Pink likes this

Android
  • Android

• Facade
  • None
  • Snap Battle Season 3 Winner [X360]
    The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:48 AM

Really excited for the next album from Arctic Monkeys, rumor is that a new one should be released towards the end of the year. Depeche Mode, Drake, Kanye, and a few others are also on my radar.

The EP released not too long ago by Nine Inch Nails was interesting but it wasn't a full album, I would be ecstatic if they released one this year.

Craig
  • Craig

Übergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:31 AM

A new Nine Inch Nails album is apparently due, and I expect a new one from Alex Turner & Co. later on in the year.

• Mister Pink likes this

slimeball supreme
  • slimeball supreme

off topic > writers discussion > red triangle

• Members
  • GoSquared
  • Best Closet Furry 2016

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:37 AM

new gorillaz album is coming out this year right

Craig
  • Craig

Übergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:39 AM

Correct. It was supposed to come out during the arse end of last year but Damon didn't want it rushed.

SpooferJahk
  • SpooferJahk

*insert title here*

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:10 AM

LazerHawk's new album, the previews he showed on his Soundcloud show some very promising material.

• OCDee likes this

Rambo_AFC
  • Rambo_AFC

EC F'N W

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:03 PM

I hope Hollywood Undead release their 5th studio album this year. That's what I anticipate the most.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:58 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 19 January 2017 - 02:04 PM.

Depeche Mode's new album Spirit. 

Also AIR have been keeping quiet. No new album since 2012 and usually they can release albums from 2-4 years between. :(

• EarthGaia likes this

EarthGaia
  • EarthGaia

YAOI RULES!

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

I am currently waiting for something new from Goldfrapp, The Shins, Zero 7, LCD Soundsystem and Portishead.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 19 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

I am currently waiting for something new from Goldfrapp, The Shins, Zero 7, LCD Soundsystem and Portishead.

Very nice. Plenty to look forward to. 

I forgot out LCD Soundsystem. 

• EarthGaia likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

Magick Rites and Spells by Psychedelic Witchcraft, that should come out in 6 days!

Michael
  • Michael

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2017 - 12:01 AM Edited by Michael, 22 February 2017 - 12:02 AM.

Just like a lot of members in this topic I am looking forward to Depeche Mode's new album Spirit which will be released in March. I am also looking forward to a new album release by Lana Del Rey. They say that her newest album will be released this year and while there's not yet a release date for the record I am also looking forward for a new jazz collaboration album by Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga. It was supposed to be released last year but they delayed it until 2017 because Lady Gaga was focusing on her newest album Joanne.

Craig
  • Craig

Übergrunde

• None
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:11 AM

I came back to this topic to say I was anticipating Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene 3 but to my surprise, it was released back in December with such little fanfare but I wasn't paying attention, so it completely passed me by. For anyone who doesn't know Jean Michel Jarre, he composes new-age, trance and electronica with a particular penchant for old gear and analog equipment. He's released a few stinkers over the past decade or so, but this is a breath of fresh air.

No pressure on him, but the first two Oxygene albums came out 40 years ago and 20 years ago respectively and I adore them. It's hard to keep a consistent theme over such a breadth of time but I think he's managed it.

• Mister Pink likes this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The Mystic Peephole

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:38 AM Edited by B Dawg, 22 February 2017 - 05:07 PM.

Duel's gonna release a new album in April called Witchbanger, so there's that to look forward to :)

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:15 PM

I came back to this topic to say I was anticipating Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene 3 but to my surprise, it was released back in December with such little fanfare but I wasn't paying attention, so it completely passed me by. For anyone who doesn't know Jean Michel Jarre, he composes new-age, trance and electronica with a particular penchant for old gear and analog equipment. He's released a few stinkers over the past decade or so, but this is a breath of fresh air.

snip

No pressure on him, but the first two Oxygene albums came out 40 years ago and 20 years ago respectively and I adore them. It's hard to keep a consistent theme over such a breadth of time but I think he's managed it.

That's actually decent. Sounds a bit like a videogame menu though, lol. Not necessarily a bad thing and considering he's probably using mostly old hardware that's a pretty good feat.

Homemade Dynamite
  • Homemade Dynamite

Is this easy mode?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Concept 2015 [GTA Online: Liberty City Expansion]

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:36 AM Edited by Lazor Guns, 03 March 2017 - 12:36 AM.

It's finally happening! I'm so glad Lorde is releasing her new album at long last.

• theGTAking101 likes this

Holden Caulfield
  • Holden Caulfield

“Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.”

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:52 PM

System of a Down's unnamed album for 2017, without a doubt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users