Photo

GTA 3 In 2002

14 replies to this topic
ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

"Did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:59 PM Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz, 08 January 2017 - 06:17 AM.

You know how days pass in-game? Well if your playing the game long enough, eventually 365 days will pass in-game and you will then be in 2002, Technically, but in the GTA world, Rockstar would still see it as 2001. This is the same for any GTA Title, You can play Vice City in 1987, San Andreas in 1993, Liberty City Stories in 1999 and Vice City Stories in 1985! And all you have to day is pass 365 in-game days! Now I know this is not related to GTA 3, but I have always thought, what if you reach 730 in-game days in Vice City Stories? Then you will be in 1986 and that's the year Vic was killed, and then if you play EVEN LONGER, You might reach 1095 in-game days and then you will be in 1987 and you have totally missed Vic's death! But of course, we all know unfortunately, in the GTA world, Vic dies no matter what.

• Daz, xNCx, universetwisters and 7 others like this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:03 PM

33412177.jpg

gts.
  • gts.

Please do not walk on the grass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:10 PM

Your thinking is interesting but it is a game, doesn't have any time or any passing time excluding SA where only the week days pass, but apart of that, nothing.

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

Now I know this is not related to GTA 3, but I have always thought, what if yo reach 730 in-game days in Vice City Stories? Then you will be in 1986 and that's the year Vic was killed,

would be actually cool easter egg by R* if they would trigger that cutscene from VC randomly after the more than 700 days passed.

• Daz, Zello and InkJaw like this

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [Modding] 2016
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:38 PM

Your thinking is interesting but it is a game, doesn't have any time or any passing time excluding SA where only the week days pass, but apart of that, nothing.

SA tracks days/months too!

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:15 AM Edited by Yinepi, 08 January 2017 - 12:46 AM.

The only GTA games with a working calendar are SA, IV and V ... I think ... maybe others have it? SA tracks days and weeks and months. IV tracks days and weeks, and V tracks everything, including years, internally like a real calendar.

It interesting how time can go well past the starting year in GTA but nothing changes. My old GTA SA save from 2008 is in 1997 I think.

Arrow
  • Arrow

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:43 AM

That's some deep thinking mate. It doesn't really bother me since it's a game. It takes days in-game to pass Vice City or III while months for San Andreas storyline.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

"Did you turn up to rescue Maria, or to get me back?"

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 January 2017 - 06:20 AM

Actually, there are days, but not days like Mon, Tues, etc etc I mean days as in a number of days passed! To access how many days you have passed in-game, you just have to go to the stats menu and it will show you.

gts.
  • gts.

Please do not walk on the grass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:57 AM

SA tracks days/months too!

Oh you're right! How I forgot it... "Yeah, right, Silent. You always right. That's my homie. Mr. Right".

Actually, there are days, but not days like Mon, Tues, etc etc I mean days as in a number of days passed! To access how many days you have passed in-game, you just have to go to the stats menu and it will show you.

I know right.

crashoverride93
  • crashoverride93

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:37 AM

That's a valid point. Never thought of that before.

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:31 AM

I used to play GTA San Andreas so much, I believe adding up all the days in my old save file would put it in the year 2000. It doesn't effect anything in the game, still pretty cool though.

SSRenz
  • SSRenz

LCPD Detective

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:33 PM Edited by SSRenz, 05 March 2017 - 09:34 PM.

33412177.jpg

Wrong... But you can't post the mem into GTA III board but we here take Silent post to GTA Mem here is link:http://gtaforums.com...eft-auto-memes/

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:25 AM

-snip-

Wrong... But you can't post the mem into GTA III board but we here take Silent post to GTA Mem here is link:http://gtaforums.com...eft-auto-memes/

• Tomasak and Mr. Jago like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:01 PM

-sick may may-

giphy.gif

He is Silent. He can do whatever he wants.

• Zello and STEM1 like this

Craig
  • Craig

Hostage Stamp

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:42 PM

The passage of time in games (particularly in GTA) is interesting because the rate of decay is altered significantly. Whilst we do experience a full day and night cycle, not one title follows what we'd call conventional routine, with a full 24 hour day passing in as little as 24 minutes - 12 minutes of daylight, 12 minutes of night. Relativity already comes into play. How long does each cycle seem to take when you're waiting for a time sensitive mission to open, and you're too far away from a savehouse for it to be practical? On the opposite end of the scale, how quickly do you feel days go when you're busy with taxi missions, or ferrying injured old people through the mean streets of Liberty? This is skewed further in HD titles, where the rate is doubled and a full day in-game takes 48 minutes.

So what can we learn from this? Well, already it's clear that the day experienced in GTA is drastically shorter than our own, regardless of the title you play. Taking GTA III as our primary example, some quick math tells us that in one full day in real life, we will see 30 in-game days pass. I'm currently in bed and I can't be arsed to scale things up/down, but I do know that in GTA V, the world would orbit the sun every 12 days here on Earth. Whether a planet like that could even sustain life remains to be seen. For context, the planet Mercury rotates our own sun every 88 days or so. This means that not only is the concept of time distorted in the GTA universe, but so are the defining events we measure the very passage of time against. The deaths of major characters become arbitrary when you consider that 80 hour save file where Claude should really be a bag of dust and bone fragments tearing around in an open top convertible, or the long cremated remains of Tommy Vercetti is still trying to explain to Sonny Forelli where his damn money is.

All in all - relax! All these characters are long dead anyway.
  • puredorian and Arrow like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users