• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:00 AM

Looking for some in-ear headphones, have had numerous ones before, but have so far always managed to end them up battered and bruised, maimed beyond being able to produce sound, within only a couple of months of purchasing. So for the next pair durability especially as far as the cable is concerned is a big factor, as is, obviously, the sound quality.

Price-wise somewhere in the €150-range sounds reasonable, noting that my last pair I picked up for €60 and they lasted me a grand total of 8 weeks, before meeting a rather tragic and untimely demise under my friend's boot. 

Any suggestions?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:47 AM

https://www.sony.co....nes/mdr-ex650ap

Solid brass, mine have been pretty hardy as gym headphones for the last year. 90% of the sound quality of my Shures for about a tenth of the price.
  • ΣΓ and Raavi like this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

"Goddess Of Light"

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:52 AM Edited by ΣΓ, 07 January 2017 - 01:04 AM.

Yes, I recently bought those Sony headphones and I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality. I managed to get them for about $50 too. They come with a small pouch to store them and that way you can avoid getting the cables entangled.

Frequency response is really nice and flat but the default plugs they comes with are a bit bass heavy. Everything sounds clear but it may feel like the low-end takes over a bit (with the default plugs). I used one of the other plugs they come with (they give you a bunch of different sizes) and the sound became even flatter (neutral). I stuck to the ones that give you a bit of extra bass because they fit better in my ears and thus provide better noise cancellation and I like the extra bass.

Edit: I tested the smaller plugs again just now and I definitely recommend using the default plugs because those seem to channel the sound perfectly. The other ones make the phones sound average almost.

• Raavi likes this

Raavi
  • Raavi

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation

• European-Union
  • Best Moderator 2016
    Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

Just got them in today, liking the look, they feel solid, and ΣΓ you weren't kidding with the default plugs being a bit bass heavy, I happen to love a good bit of bass though so I'm a happy camper.

Money well spent.

Cheers, both!

• sivispacem and ΣΓ like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users