Deadliest GTA Protagonist

39 replies to this topic
SOCM
  • SOCM

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

Who is the deadliest GTA protagonist?  Not the one capable of committing the most murders, but the one that has committed the most murders. Story line missions only, NOT side stories, vigilante, free roam etc.  Only kills counted as part of the story line.  

GTA III                     Claude

GTA LC Stories       Toni Cipriani

GTA VC                   Tommy Vercetti

GTA VC Stories       Vincent Vance

GTA SA                    CJ

GTA IV                     Niko Bellic

GTA L&D                 Johnny Klebitz

GTA Ballad of GT    Luis Lopez

GTA V                      Trevor Phillips (also consider the others if you wish, but I don't think a case can be made for the other 2).

Not looking for conjecture here, ONLY verifiable numbers. (I'm too lazy to do it).

P.S. I have already searched to see if this topic was covered in another forum.  There are similar subjects addressed, but not this exact one.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

I'm certain it's CJ. He killed tons during the missions then kills thousands of gang members at the end while taking over territories during the hunt for Big Smoke.

• Mister Pink, Colonel _Cortez and NikoB.IV like this

Skarekrow
  • Skarekrow

citizen punk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:01 PM Edited by Skarekrow, 04 January 2017 - 06:21 PM.

Looking at Niko's total body count, assuming the Most Wanted and the Random Encounters are canon, he's killed 77 named NPCs (47 if you exclude the MW targets). Plus there are 20 other optional that murders that the player may/may not commit.

http://gta.wikia.com..._by_Niko_Bellic

EDIT: Counted the rest... Looks like Niko wins by a long shot

- Claude (8 named NPCs + 3 optional + 1 possible murder for Maria)
- Tommy (22 named NPCS + 4 optional)
- CJ (17 named NPCs + 3 optional)
- Toni (15 named NPCs)
- Vic (8 named NPCS)
- Johnny (10 named NPCs)
- Luis (12 named NPCs + 2 optional)
- Huang Lee (5 named NPCs + 3 optional)
- Michael (8 named NPCs + 15 optional + 1 Strangers & Freaks murder)
- Franklin (5 named NPCs + 10 optional + 3 S&F murders)
- Trevor (15 named NPCs + 13 optional + 2 possible murders for Floyd and Debra + 2 S&F murders)
  • Algonquin Assassin, vnus_dmlo, anthony and 9 others like this

SOCM
  • SOCM

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

Looking at Niko's total body count, assuming the Most Wanted and the Random Encounters are canon, he's killed 77 named NPCs (47 if you exclude the MW targets). Plus there are 20 other optional that murders that the player may/may not commit.

http://gta.wikia.com..._by_Niko_Bellic

EDIT: Counted the rest... Looks like Niko wins by a long shot

- Claude (8 named NPCs + 3 optional + 1 possible murder for Maria)
- Tommy (22 named NPCS + 4 optional)
- CJ (17 named NPCs + 3 optional)
- Toni (15 named NPCs)
- Vic (8 named NPCS)
- Johnny (10 named NPCs)
- Luis (12 named NPCs + 2 optional)
- Huang Lee (5 named NPCs + 3 optional)
- Michael (8 named NPCs + 15 optional + 1 Strangers & Freaks murder)
- Franklin (5 named NPCs + 10 optional + 3 S&F murders)
- Trevor (15 named NPCs + 13 optional + 2 possible murders for Floyd and Debra + 2 S&F murders)

Best answer so far

I'm certain it's CJ. He killed tons during the missions then kills thousands of gang members at the end while taking over territories during the hunt for Big Smoke.

The territories part of San Andreas is not part of the main story line.  You can avoid participation completely and still finish the game

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:50 PM

Claude, he'll kill his old bosses if you offer him enough money.

• Toreno6901 likes this

Skarekrow
  • Skarekrow

citizen punk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:06 PM Edited by Skarekrow, 04 January 2017 - 07:07 PM.

^^ For all of the non-named NPCs that can be killed in any side mission like gang warfare, I think it's best to just consider all of those murders as collateral. The number of enemies killed in certain missions and side missions varies on each playthrough, plus not every murder can be considered canon, like in Final Interview. There are a couple different approaches that yield different amounts of people dead. You can walk in, silently kill Tom Goldberg, exit without a trace, leaving only 1 person dead, or you can rush in guns ablazing, shoot Goldberg, some bystanders, the receptionist, blow up some police cars and helicopters and complete the mission with over 30 murders.
  • vnus_dmlo, slimeball supreme, Saganist and 2 others like this

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2017 - 08:52 PM

- Toni (15 named NPCs)

The territories part of San Andreas is not part of the main story line.  You can avoid participation completely and still finish the game

Yes, it is. You are forced to take over many territories to trigger the final mission of the game.

• vnus_dmlo likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:49 PM

Mike from GTA Advance. I dunno, there's just something sinister in his .jpg eyes.

• vnus_dmlo, Saganist, ProKiller93 and 5 others like this

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

It's either Claude or Trevor. Claude will betray anyone for a buck and Trevor will kill you for evening laughing at him.

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:24 AM

Niko Bellic obviously. He might not be the most cruel protagonist, but he is a hitman. He commited the most murders out of all the protagonist as Skarekrow already pointed it out.
  • Algonquin Assassin, vnus_dmlo, anthony and 3 others like this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:41 AM

Trevor. He has no problem stabbing someone in the face and then do some funny things to the corpse.

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:44 AM

Niko or Victor Vance. Both military highly trained. Victor had the ability to snap necks as well as shoot though. 

Still waiting for them to put that feature back in the games already.

• eCola likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:25 AM

If canon murders are to be taken into consideration than Niko obviously beats every other protagonist as that's the job he's hired for on top of the countless people he kills in shootouts and what not.

• ProKiller93, eCola, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

Colonel _Cortez
  • Colonel _Cortez

Crackhead

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

If you mean the death toll after completing a storyline from each Grand Theft Auto game, then it would be CJ since he will kill the most people if you consider all these gang warfares.

Otherwise it would be Trevor. He doesn't even need a reason to kill somebody, he just does it.

SOCM
  • SOCM

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

- Toni (15 named NPCs)

Yes, it is. You are forced to take over many territories to trigger the final mission of the game.

Okay but it is impossible to account for how many murders that will generate, much like the vigilante missions.  I reiterate: Main story line ONLY.

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:33 PM

If I've to judge based on the most murders committed then its Niko, but I don't find him as the "Deadliest" because a gun for hire like him can get killed easily by anyone than someone running a gang or becomes a kingpin and rules an entire state / city, like CJ and Tommy. They are actually deadliest because of the power they have.
Niko failed to achieve anything in the end despite all the murders. He has no control over any gang nor anything that makes people fear him at the end of the game.
He goes back to what he was always meant to do - driving taxis! Lol

5'8
  • 5'8

Fanny Lover

• BUSTED!
  • Serbia

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:45 PM Edited by 5'8, 05 January 2017 - 09:46 PM.

Niko's Red Army experience as Brucie would say makes the handsome Serb the most deadly overall, with that said Claude is the biggest lunatic the guy is just wonderfully soulless. they're the deadliest hitmen in the series.

Trevor is a lunatic and will most defiantly kill & rape you if giving the chance, so shout out to the mental Canadian.

CJ invaded a top secret military base single handily, but it's not so much that he's deadly it's just that the storyline in San Andreas is hilariously stupid.

If I've to judge based on the most murders committed then its Niko, but I don't find him as the "Deadliest" because a gun for hire like him can get killed easily by anyone than someone running a gang or becomes a kingpin and rules an entire state / city, like CJ and Tommy. They are actually deadliest because of the power they have.
Niko failed to achieve anything in the end despite all the murders. He has no control over any gang nor anything that makes people fear him at the end of the game.

The only reason Niko did not rule the city was because IV was a bittersweet crime drama, IV was not a stupid little fairy story like the drivel in San Andreas.

• Algonquin Assassin, vnus_dmlo, The Deadite and 2 others like this

The Deadite
  • The Deadite

GOZERIAN

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Improved 2016
    Crew Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Most Unwanted Medal 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

If canon murders are to be taken into consideration than Niko obviously beats every other protagonist as that's the job he's hired for on top of the countless people he kills in shootouts and what not.

Toni from LCS blew an entire district lol, Niko can't keep up with that.
  • GTAKid667, KnowDude and LincolnClay like this

Osho
  • Osho

High Roller

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:40 AM Edited by Osho, 06 January 2017 - 05:48 AM.

The only reason Niko did not rule the city was because IV was02a02bittersweet crime drama.

So ? ?? Instead of taking jobs from various group of mobsters, like an errand boy performing crimes simply for the sake of it, which often acts as fillers, without much variety between the jobs for different groups, rather same repetitive tasks, and more shooting galleries with a thin narrative without going deep enough nor having any real consequences, but tend to simply stretch the narrative, Niko should have actually pursued more greater ambitions' by pursuing better goals.
Such an approach ( as seen in IV ) doesn't create a compelling and convincing narrative for me. Unlike the amazingly executed and presented using the storyline and the character development CJ - He rises within the family to gain respect and overcome all the obstacles. Niko, who seems more like doing a part time job for a variety of mobsters than rising through the ranks/power, which is the most logical thing to do.
Even those criminals that Niko was working for were also either gun for hire or low level criminals at some point. If they were able to establish their own gang, and are now enjoying the American Dream, then why would Niko dismiss the power and opportunities that come with the experience? Just to torture himself with some stupid past that happened ten years back, and remains unimportant for the entire time.
Even Roman ends up getting a slice of that American Dream, but Niko wants to deviate from what earlier seen him talking about moving to Liberty City because he wanted a new life by living the American Dream, but when he does arrive in Liberty City, he suddenly gets sentimental for the dead soldiers, and the game conveniently replaces it with a contrived, superficial, unfocused plot of hunting down the man who betrayed Niko, forgetting how upset he was with Roman for his lies about American Dream to begin with.
Repeatedly I find myself asking: "Why the f*ck should I care about what happened with Niko during war, when that hardly forms just a small part in the entire story, but rather what Niko should have done after arriving to LC?
The whole plot was based on a dumb premise. It doesn't make sense and feels actually like a silly, fairy story of an immigrant than GTA SA which actually uses a lot of real events and incidents to back up the story, making it feel more authentic, and believable in characters'.
Dimitri rightly humiliates Niko in saying, " You think I could survive in a cesspit of a city like this by aligning myself with a bottom feeder like you? You, who has so many enemies? You robbed Bulgarin, you killed Mikhail. You know no more of loyalty than I do.
All Niko had in his defense was to pass the blame on others for all the murders he committed but not himself in allowing people to keep taking advantage of him, and his inability to let go of the stupid past and f*ckin' grow up rather than chooses to remain a bottom feeder peasant even after so many murders, and making so many enemies. What a loser! All that Red Army experience just went to waste for nothing, but ends up mere words spoken about his abilities and skills, when in reality the actual plot doesn't reflect this.

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:17 PM Edited by --Vega--, 06 January 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Literally Lol'd. Though we 'might' be able to say that about Vic Vance too. He was originally just going to be a member of the army until his 'string of bad luck', which actually turns out beneficial at the end with his empire and such.

The true straight up killers of the series were Claude, Tommy, CJ, and Trevor. Every one of them eats, sleeps, and breathes crime/murder since as long as we've known them and have no problem with taking out anybody at the drop of a hat.

SOCM
  • SOCM

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Go back and read the original post.  I specifically said "not capable of the most murders".  From previous posts, Niko is by far the deadliest protagonist......so far.

The only reason Niko did not rule the city was because IV was02a02bittersweet crime drama.

So ? ?? Instead of taking jobs from various group of mobsters, like an errand boy performing crimes simply for the sake of it, which often acts as fillers, without much variety between the jobs for different groups, rather same repetitive tasks, and more shooting galleries with a thin narrative without going deep enough nor having any real consequences, but tend to simply stretch the narrative, Niko should have actually pursued more greater ambitions' by pursuing better goals.
Such an approach ( as seen in IV ) doesn't create a compelling and convincing narrative for me. Unlike the amazingly executed and presented using the storyline and the character development CJ - He rises within the family to gain respect and overcome all the obstacles. Niko, who seems more like doing a part time job for a variety of mobsters than rising through the ranks/power, which is the most logical thing to do.
Even those criminals that Niko was working for were also either gun for hire or low level criminals at some point. If they were able to establish their own gang, and are now enjoying the American Dream, then why would Niko dismiss the power and opportunities that come with the experience? Just to torture himself with some stupid past that happened ten years back, and remains unimportant for the entire time.
Even Roman ends up getting a slice of that American Dream, but Niko wants to deviate from what earlier seen him talking about moving to Liberty City because he wanted a new life by living the American Dream, but when he does arrive in Liberty City, he suddenly gets sentimental for the dead soldiers, and the game conveniently replaces it with a contrived, superficial, unfocused plot of hunting down the man who betrayed Niko, forgetting how upset he was with Roman for his lies about American Dream to begin with.
Repeatedly I find myself asking: "Why the f*ck should I care about what happened with Niko during war, when that hardly forms just a small part in the entire story, but rather what Niko should have done after arriving to LC?
The whole plot was based on a dumb premise. It doesn't make sense and feels actually like a silly, fairy story of an immigrant than GTA SA which actually uses a lot of real events and incidents to back up the story, making it feel more authentic, and believable in characters'.
Dimitri rightly humiliates Niko in saying, " You think I could survive in a cesspit of a city like this by aligning myself with a bottom feeder like you? You, who has so many enemies? You robbed Bulgarin, you killed Mikhail. You know no more of loyalty than I do.
All Niko had in his defense was to pass the blame on others for all the murders he committed but not himself in allowing people to keep taking advantage of him, and his inability to let go of the stupid past and f*ckin' grow up rather than chooses to remain a bottom feeder peasant even after so many murders, and making so many enemies. What a loser! All that Red Army experience just went to waste for nothing, but ends up mere words spoken about his abilities and skills, when in reality the actual plot doesn't reflect this.

Niko's past and who betrayed him is a central and vital part of the story line.  Were you high for the entire game? 

Trevor. He has no problem stabbing someone in the face and then do some funny things to the corpse.

"Not the most capable".  I asked for the most murders committed, during the story.  Even then, Niko would still be more deadly given his training.  Vance was a low ranking soldier just beginning his career.  Niko is a combat tested soldier.

If you mean the death toll after completing a storyline from each Grand Theft Auto game, then it would be CJ since he will kill the most people if you consider all these gang warfares.

Otherwise it would be Trevor. He doesn't even need a reason to kill somebody, he just does it.

The death toll in the gang warfare cannot be accounted for.  I should have said "named characters killed during the storyline".

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

SOCM
  • SOCM

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:38 PM

It's either Claude or Trevor. Claude will betray anyone for a buck and Trevor will kill you for evening laughing at him.

You're talking about the most LIKELY to commit a murder.  I am referring to the number of named characters killed during the storyline.  Only what can be proved and accounted for.

The death toll in the gang territories cannot be accounted for.  I am looking only for named characters killed during the storyline.  Only what can be proved and accounted for.

• Algonquin Assassin, Honker1944 and LincolnClay like this

eCola
  • eCola

Homie

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

Niko has the greatest body count so far. All of the other protagonists are too busy eating his dust.

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

Michael for sure since he can slow down time. If he's not careful he'll cause a rip in the space time continuum and cause the universe to implode upon itself.
  • LincolnClay likes this

KamiCheetah
  • KamiCheetah

Agent "@BobbyJoe" Smith

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 17 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

Interesting, i wouldn't have guessed that it's actually Niko. Out of the box I would have guessed CJ, just because of all the sh*t that goes down in San Andreas.

@Osho

Wasn't it kind of the point of IV that Niko kind of was a loser, and wasn't able to live a normal live because he was just back to his old ways of killing for money. It seemd like he had no choice, but the point I took of it was, that Niko was kind of tragic trapped in himself being a killer.

CJ on the other hand was forced out of his gang business, and settled down in SF, just to get right back in and get his revenge on Big Smoke.

Also I would not count Trevor as deadliest, because it may highly likely for him to get killed of by one of the various enemys he makes, even his own teammates have considered this on more than one occasion.

Dark Alessa
  • Dark Alessa

Player Hater

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

Niko seriously? It surprises me. Perhaps the fact that he was not as cruel character as others made him look like the "least killer" of them all.

Hantu Akbar
  • Hantu Akbar

Player Hater

• Members
  • Nagorno-Karabakh

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:04 PM

Niko, dude was already a hardened soldier in the first place. Trevor is quite close enough too.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Omm

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:26 PM

IMO, Luis Lopez is the deadliest gta protagonist. He never got confused to kill or spare someone. He just went on killing. He pushed up Ahmed & Mohammed from Rotterdam Tower, the highest skyscraper of LC. He had almost put his life in risk while jumping onto Bulgarin's plane, just to kill Ray. He killed Vincenzo in cold blood. He committed terror attacks too in BANGBANG. He had terminated almost ALL security of Bahama Mamas along with Wictor Manzano. He tortured a mafia boy in PRACTICE SWING. He also had beaten the Chinese boy, Evan, and Tony & made em lie on the ground. He taught the celibinator a lesson too by pushing him out of the heli from high.

THESE THINGS SHOW HOW DEADLY HE IS!!!
  • Roger Cheeto and LincolnClay like this

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 14 April 2017 - 09:55 AM

Tr3vor, especially, when he is not sleeping. Trevor is a psycopath. Imagine talking to Trevor one day amd the same night you are murdered by him. He is really short tempered

Kingzy
  • Kingzy

F*ck the people, whip out your d*ck and piss all over them!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:44 AM

Toni blew up Fort Staunton, killing hundreds maybe thousands in an instant.

Toni isn't anywhere near my favourite protagonist but if we're talking numbers...

• Steezy. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users