V WIP
615 replies to this topic
Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Just curios why you can't image situation where we currently just don't have much time to work on modding because something not modding related happened?
Something that we can't predict when announce was made?

Totally understand this. Many of us really appreciate the work you and the team have done over the years.

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Get out of my Room i'm Making GTA Mods

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

Won't the mod just get taken down like Red Dead one did ? Can't you just release it suddenly and by the time they see it lots of people will already have downloaded it...

They are releasing a tool, not the Liberty City Map Files taken without permission to give to everyone, you still need to own a copy of GTA IV to do it, and i think Rockstar/T2 isn't going to shutdown a tool.

• Pressure Drop likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 2 weeks ago

They're trying though *whistles*
  • SkylineGTRFreak, Mega, CalicoApricot and 2 others like this

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Did somebody say something? Well, must have been the wind.

Nick Testbranch
  • Nick Testbranch

Offending Mimes Everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Did somebody say something? Well, must have been the wind.

Yoga?

• Mega, MrGTAmodsgerman, UltraGizmo64 and 1 other like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted A week ago

I just hope it isn't stuck in Developers' Hell.
giphy.gif

vans123
  • vans123

Thompson 1928

• Members

Posted A week ago

The map was/still is attractive but i would prefer the tool all this was made with to be released than the map itself. You know what the sayin goes by "dont feed a man, teach them how to fish better"

If the map gets ever released, fine! I will be sure to download such impressive work but the tool is already impresive showing us of what it is capable of.

MeatSafeMurderer
  • MeatSafeMurderer

Itchy. Tasty.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago Edited by MeatSafeMurderer, A week ago.

@GooD-NTS As we all know the PC port of GTA4 is horrifically optimized. To this day it's still not possible to maintain 60FPS with the draw distance sliders maxed. I was wondering if you'd noticed any performance issues with the map so far or does it look like the move to V's updated engine has smoothed out the issues?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted A week ago

@MeatSafeMurderer
When I was driving around Algonquin, it was stable 60 frames per second, I didn't test Extended Scaling Distance bar at full.

• MeatSafeMurderer and BrownieBear like this

BrownieBear
  • BrownieBear

Making mods right now

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

Meat, my PC Does run 60FPS maxed out, but GTA IV had some small performance issues here ans there, like GYA LCS

MeatSafeMurderer
  • MeatSafeMurderer

Itchy. Tasty.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

@_CP_ That's good to hear. I'm thoroughly looking forward to visiting Liberty City again. I am excite.

@BrownieBear Yeah, those issues are exactly what I'm referring to. One moment you're fine at 100+FPS then you turn a corner and suddenly you're at 30-40FPS. Happens very reliably in certain locations. Lowering the draw distances does resolve it though.
  • BrownieBear likes this

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, A week ago.

I'm pretty sure you're misinterpreting Le Shark's post. His point is that this isn't their job.

Well if so, than it's only a nice compliment to the OpenIV Team

MrVicho13
  • MrVicho13

Capo

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 3 days ago Edited by MrVicho13, 3 days ago.

I am trying to convert the map by myself, but almost any map that comes from IV, crashes when it is converted to V, either 15 seconds ingame or getting closer to the map crashes without a reason.

I trying to get working maps erasing the collisions, change names, using a non-DLC load, a lot of methods, but good, in all my testings i only tried to convert total convertions like gostown,gta iv sa,(...) and the vanilla/original map.

But any way i am be waiting the release of this map anyway, good work as always.

18556849_127134164518790_211669952244771

Here a photo of a section of the map in the exact moment where the game crashes.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Anjunakuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Try to get rid of Los Santos or increase limits in gameconfig.xml

ArthurLopes
  • ArthurLopes

Get out of my Room i'm Making GTA Mods

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 days ago

I am trying to convert the map by myself, but almost any map that comes from IV, crashes when it is converted to V, either 15 seconds ingame or getting closer to the map crashes without a reason.

I trying to get working maps erasing the collisions, change names, using a non-DLC load, a lot of methods, but good, in all my testings i only tried to convert total convertions like gostown,gta iv sa,(...) and the vanilla/original map.

But any way i am be waiting the release of this map anyway, good work as always.

18556849_127134164518790_211669952244771

Here a photo of a section of the map in the exact moment where the game crashes.

It happen to me also when i was making Lookout Point from NFS Carbon to Offline, make sure you reset their pivots and reset the xform and then collapse all

GTARandom
  • GTARandom

Rockin' this place since 2009

• Feroci
  • Croatia
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Map 2011 [IVSA]
    Modding Milestone [IVSA/Ped Paths]

Posted 2 days ago Edited by GTARandom, 2 days ago.

-picsnip-

It happen to me also when i was making Lookout Point from NFS Carbon to Offline, make sure you reset their pivots and reset the xform and then collapse all

Are you using YBN converted with fivem? If yes, then there you have your reason why game crashes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users