V WIP
623 replies to this topic
SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Military geek

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:33 PM

I remember that the episode changes have been brought up quite often and that it will be converted if you have EFLC and choose that version
  • nkjellman likes this

Waingro
  • Waingro

He was reaching for a gun.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

This is probably a dumb question, and I'm not a programmer, but if this is feasible on PC....why can't this process by sold to or bought by Rockstar Games and incorporated into GTA Online GTA V or at least future games?

epidemick92
  • epidemick92

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:03 PM

This is probably a dumb question, and I'm not a programmer, but if this is feasible on PC....why can't this process by sold to or bought by Rockstar Games and incorporated into GTA Online GTA V or at least future games?

because shark cards

• Anthony817 likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:10 PM

>Rockstar paying for the help of modders

What are they, Valve?

• Blue and Quant like this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

Rockstar do not need to buy anything, they can do this in few days with even better quality. But Rockstar will not do it because they have other priorities.
  • MrGTAmodsgerman, Anthony817, Gummy  and 5 others like this

Wagoo
  • Wagoo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:55 AM Edited by Wagoo, 01 April 2017 - 02:57 AM.

lciv_v01.gif

I like when I check back in and see more updates to this. Kudos to the team, they're doing some pretty brilliant things.

Moving on though, it seems that Liberty City's moved away from its original position across from Los Santos. I previously stated LC should be northeast of San Andreas with Alderney being the western side, so where did LC get moved to?

• gta111 likes this

GTA Imperium
  • GTA Imperium

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

Why not releasing a alpha?

I gues because they release just mods with high quality.

And if they will release it, it will be super stable .

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:47 AM

Ouh come on! We already have enough alpha mod projects for V. Its time to bring something out when its enjoyable!

• Tomasak and GRAX like this

GTA Imperium
  • GTA Imperium

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:28 PM

Ouh come on! We already have enough alpha mod projects for V. Its time to bring something out when its enjoyable!

Yeah that's it, what I want to express. :p

I had never any issues with openiv, I think LC will be like openiv, without "so much" errors. :p

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:02 PM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 03 April 2017 - 09:03 PM.

Yeah that's it, what I want to express. :p

I had never any issues with openiv, I think LC will be like openiv, without "so much" errors. :p

It will be unenjoyable like all other alpha mod projects. Take a look at GTA 5 mod dot com! There are tons of unplayble, unenjoyable vehicle mods and such

The feeling we expect is GTA IV feeling, and it will be missing with all missing material optimization, lightning and traffic

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV lead developer

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

New exclusive screenshots of our Liberty City mod is revealed by GrandTheftAuto5.fr
http://www.grandthef...sifs-35030.html
  • AndyGanteks, Braindawg, Tomasak and 14 others like this

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:49 PM Edited by Braindawg, 13 April 2017 - 05:50 PM.

New exclusive screenshots of our Liberty City mod is revealed by GrandTheftAuto5.fr
http://www.grandthef...sifs-35030.html

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you guys still haven't finished converting the entire map without any problems. we haven't seen any traffic or pedestrians since the first set of screenshot.

Can you estimate when the map itself will be a 100% complete before you move to making paths for the AI, car spawns and so on?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:53 PM Edited by _CP_, 13 April 2017 - 05:53 PM.

@Braindawg
Nobody researched ynd yet and it's not a piece of cake, because Rockstar made few changes in comparsion to IV. It will happen sooner or later, don't worry, they know what they're doing.

Tomasino
  • Tomasino

Snitch

• Members
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 13 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

The feeling we expect is GTA IV feeling

lol
  • MrGTAmodsgerman and Android like this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

Anjunakuck

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:34 PM Edited by BlackScout, 22 April 2017 - 09:39 PM.

Have a nice day!

• Nick Testbranch, Hans-Hermann Hoppe, DrGta and 2 others like this

fastman92
  • fastman92

фастман92 | ف

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:54 AM

@Braindawg
Nobody researched ynd yet and it's not a piece of cake, because Rockstar made few changes in comparsion to IV. It will happen sooner or later, don't worry, they know what they're doing.

I'd like to do that.
But I need someone to explain how are the GTA V files packed first.
  • MrGTAmodsgerman and Hans-Hermann Hoppe like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:31 AM

The recent activity from Take Two about RDR map in GTAV made me nervous... I hope you will release before their Lawhounds of Tindalos hunt you once more.

• CalicoApricot, Nick Testbranch and Android like this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:42 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 22 April 2017 - 09:22 PM.

The recent activity from Take Two about RDR map in GTAV made me nervous... I hope you will release before their Lawhounds of Tindalos hunt you once more.

If Take Two hasn't done anything to hinder this project yet I doubt they will ever. GTA IV is old and its marketing hype died a long time ago. On top of all that this will still require you to have a copy of GTAIV, so this mod if anything actually encourages more sales of GTA IV.  If they did do anything I'd be surprised.

Red Dead Redemption? Take Two could very well be worried that the RDR map converstion could hinder sales to any potential PC version of RDR and probably more likely RDR2. A map conversion is very unlikely to hinder anything sale related honestly but given Take Two's rather aggressive nature it's not surprisingly they'd think that.

• Alvarez likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

The perks of being Russian is that jurisdiction is very difficult to enforce, so even when Rockstar send their lawyers, this team can bounce them back.

Sadly it does add to the slight stronghold OpenIV has over RAGE modding as I found out most other researchers into the format were forced to stop/remove any RAGE related details. At least now we know why OpenIV is the only one to stick around.
  • Jestic, Tomasak, Rented and 3 others like this

El Dorado
  • El Dorado

If it keeps on rainin' levee's goin' to break

• Feroci
  • Brazil

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

that's a different scenario

for start - gta 4 has been available on pc for nearly ten years

and this mod requires the end user to have a gta 4 copy in the first place

if the team behind RDR walked the same path (releasing a tool to convert a material the end user already had) things may had been different

the same with the good old VCS PC... but I guess they were old titles and R* or T2 didn't have any more plans for those games then they just say "f*ck it, let them play"

vitalik2187836
  • vitalik2187836

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

The perks of being Russian is that jurisdiction is very difficult to enforce, so even when Rockstar send their lawyers, this team can bounce them back.

Sadly it does add to the slight stronghold OpenIV has over RAGE modding as I found out most other researchers into the format were forced to stop/remove any RAGE related details. At least now we know why OpenIV is the only one to stick around.

In russian language we have one great phrase for these type of situations: "Пошли нахуй".

• Claude_Lib likes this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:35 PM

In russian language we have one great phrase for these type of situations: "Пошли нахуй".

Or to eloquently rephrased, you send them lawyers on erotic voyage.

However, didn't FiveM got shut down because of T2, even though the staff was (at least partly) from Russia? Could you elaborate, why this can't happen to LC in GTAV project?

Claude_Lib
  • Claude_Lib

Talkative like never before

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:40 PM

I didn't know that FiveM has developers from Russia. Anyway, now after it got shut down, one of the forks is actually being maintained by Russians and they're fine. As are all the others, I believe. Strange.

• Alvarez likes this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013

Posted 22 April 2017 - 09:23 PM

FiveM was started by NTAuthority who is not Russian. He';s the one who got PI's sent after him and he was the one taken to court.
  • Alvarez likes this

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

:p Well seeing the LAST major map project was targeted by Take2 & Rockstar and they used any slightest means possible to discredit the creator, you're damn right I'm gonna bring up stuff to make sure OpenIV team has their sh*t covered or else they'll be shut down, and considering OpenIV has a monopoly over RAGE era modding AND is closed sourced, if they were shut down and were forbidden from working on further titles and updates via a C&D then, well, that's not a good outcome.

Looks like you were right dude. :^: My bad. Though it seems Take2 & Rockstar don't actually need a valid reason to take projects down, just the simple fact that they're modifying the game is enough.

SD Developer
  • SD Developer

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Everyone is waiting for this modification, I am by myself curious to play this mod with a combination of V map.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

^ it's like waiting for the next GRRM book. You know it's going to be a while but it'll be worth the wait. Just don't hassle the author, let 'em do their stuff!

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by R4gN0r0K, 4 weeks ago.

Everyone is waiting for this modification, I am by myself curious to play this mod with a combination of V map.

i think everyone is, Liberty City and San Andreas in one map? yes. oh god yes

• Quant likes this

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

@Good-NTS: As we get deeper into Spring, I would like to know, how is the project going?

In beta 1, will we get improved shaders from the screenshots? I really hope that the reflections in the sky scraper windows will look as good as on the GTA V map. I think that it will make Algonquin look absolutely amazing.

Also, I am wondering, are there any plans to use any GTA V features not avaliable in GTA IV? Here are a few examples.
-Overgrown grass in appropriate areas, like by the abandoned mansion where the Sultan RS can be found.
-Paralax mapping to make fine details more 3d.
-Light pollution over LC.
-Distant night lights.
-The 3d effect used to make short grass look more 3d.
  • cp1dell, BlackScout and SolidFrost like this

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

In the interview link that GooD-NTS posted, they do mention that in later updates they plan to introduce V elements afterwards - like better vegetation and such. I think right now the main goal is to get everything successfully ported over, then they can worry about working on the finer details, including peds and traffic.

• nkjellman, LevelDockSix, BlackScout and 2 others like this

7 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users