V WIP
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
681 replies to this topic
rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:10 AM Edited by rollschuh2282, 25 February 2017 - 04:11 AM.

I'm sure I'm missing something that explains this somewhere, but if Liberty City is going to be in the South-East what will happen if you play "Prologue" or "Bury the Hatchet"? When North Yankton loads with this mod in effect, is LC going to clip into the landscape? Might be a bit weird. Unless missions can't be played with the mod in effect.

Spoiler

edit:yeah page 17

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:03 PM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 03 March 2017 - 07:03 PM.

You can't edit 3d models with MED, only object placement (and it have some nasty bugs)

Still, being able to render the map outside the game is nice. Could indeed be a cool feature for OpenIV.

Nah much better than the stupid scripting stuff. I talk about a real Map Editor like MED. That ignore "object can not be spawned" stuff and is able to save and load IPL files. Only one person started this for GTA IV too late but soo beta! We need that back what we loved in San Andreas! More easier, much faster and more efficent and less bugged!
No more "Go to this location to load the map" no more "30 FPS with NativeUI" nomore this! We need the real modding back combinded with the new possiblities of GTA V's RAGE Engine! DLC Map loading and so on. The OpenIV team make all this kind of efficent stuff possible that we never had in older GTA 's. Mods folder? About 7 years too late for GTA San Andreas! DLC Maps? Only in V! Why not having the old stuff back?

You can't have the "old way" map editor for GTA V because of many reasons.
For example, collisions. Since GTA IV map collisions are not actually "connected" to map models and and vice versa. This is mean when you move building it will not move it collision. And when you move collision, you will move entire part of map not just the one building.
Just look at YBN/WBN files and you will see what I mean.

Lets see: :panic:

https://www.gta5-mod...eractive-3d-map

6ec836-CW4.png

• Tomasak, universetwisters, Mr. Jago and 2 others like this

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

A Nintendo Console

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

@MrGTAmodsgerman

That tool is pretty interesting. Just tested it. No map editing support yet but it's pretty nice.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:29 PM

Does this finally mean we can have an MED-esque editor for V?

sh*t son, thanks for giving me a reason to reinstall V when I get off work.

• ArthurLopes likes this

sgtsev3n
  • sgtsev3n

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

it looks like this tool is the same as the other map editor for gta V we already got. from the images, it looks like we cant edit main GTA V map with that tool (means moving streets, buildings, mountains or even the whole map like in MED).

but since the mountains, streets and the terrain itself are all basically objects, it should not be hard to add them into those object/map editor, the terrain is basically nothing more than objects

_CP_
  • _CP_

Boss

• Feroci
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful Modding 2016 [Runner-up]
    Best Vehicle 2016 [IVPack]
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

But you won't have collisions. Also, stop this offtopic.

• theNGclan likes this

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:52 AM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 04 March 2017 - 03:55 AM.

But you won't have collisions. Also, stop this offtopic.

Where is this offtopic? This thread talks about a Liberty City to V converter tool. And this here is the comment section were we can dicuss about this. And this tool is related to the comments from the OpenIV Team! And this tool is about map editing, and the whole thing about how we want map or can edit the map in the future. And i am not the only one here that is talking about this

Mr.Arrow
  • Mr.Arrow

God Save the Penis

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:26 AM Edited by Mr.Arrow, 04 March 2017 - 04:27 AM.

Where is this offtopic? This thread talks about a Liberty City to V converter tool. And this here is the comment section were we can dicuss about this. And this tool is related to the comments from the OpenIV Team! And this tool is about map editing, and the whole thing about how we want map or can edit the map in the future. And i am not the only one here that is talking about this

_CP_ has a point though, that tool has nothing to do with Liberty City ( OpenIV was using 3ds max for mapping anyways)

Its better to post in this thread : http://gtaforums.com...entry1069436307
  • MrGTAmodsgerman likes this

sgtsev3n
  • sgtsev3n

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:59 AM

anyway, i have created an map layout which would give us an bigger island than we currently have and fit into the NAVI & NOD boundaries. The map layout was created with paint and currently i am to lazy to make it with photoshop perfect, but i will change it in future and change the unfinished areas and also thinking about connecting the land with LC and ofcourse adding some more roads, villages, maybe GTA3 & VC map somewhere but they will be together as one city and there will be changes to III LC to make it different from IV LC. For the land i want to use V hills, mountains & landscape and edit theyr layout. This is the maplayout i wish to mod into GTA V sooner or later for private use ofcourse but i am waiting for tools to be more advanced and also im currently learning GTA V modding.

the maplayout currently looks bad and empty, maybe if i will put more time into this and play less CS:CZ, it will look better :D

m3uGvcM.png

• MrGTAmodsgerman and ArthurLopes like this

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
  • Best Vehicle [Snap] 2016
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015
    Best Filtered [Snap] 2015

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

Hey GooD,today seems like a good day for you to jump in and tell us a little bit about the progress of Liberty City.

• Mega, BlackScout, Alvarez and 2 others like this

GtaFanatik
  • GtaFanatik

Bank Robber

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 04 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

It implies moving the whole original map to other site. Which is impossible without breaking missions, ped spawns, paths and even water files. That's definetly not possible.

sgtsev3n
  • sgtsev3n

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:15 PM

It implies moving the whole original map to other site. Which is impossible without breaking missions, ped spawns, paths and even water files. That's definetly not possible.

ped spawns and paths are possible in future i think, OpenIV will add them to LC, the water files is something i have to wait until there is a solution or limit adjuster to be released. Missions are afaik impossible but im not playing missions in GTA, it would be good if i could remove them but currently GTA is lacking of tools for some stuff.

• ArthurLopes, DubHaMlg777 and kalleKompura like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

Still excited about upcoming mod.

Redrocket
  • Redrocket

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:51 AM

Well I guess it's been shut down  :miranda:

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015

Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:11 AM Edited by _MK_, 12 March 2017 - 10:13 AM.

Hey GooD,how are you today ?

dr0yed
  • dr0yed

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

Well I guess it's been shut down  :miranda:

Where'd you get that from?

sgtsev3n
  • sgtsev3n

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:52 PM Edited by sgtsev3n, 12 March 2017 - 09:53 PM.

guys give it time, they are also working on OpenIV at the same time, and creating such a map mod for GTA V while no proper tools exist and limits are not hacked is not a 1 week job, so be patient.

5db.jpg

• Tomasak and kalleKompura like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:58 PM

Hey GooD,how are you today ?

BaD

-GooD

• Jinx., theNGclan, Mega and 3 others like this

MrGTAmodsgerman
  • MrGTAmodsgerman

Inventor

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:51 AM Edited by MrGTAmodsgerman, 13 March 2017 - 12:51 AM.

I really wish, that the map is far away from the GTA V Map! I want to travel to New York, not to a neighborhood. It must have a own atmosphere like North Yankton with all the snow and old cars.

• Shakez likes this

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

You may not expect new screenshots or anything sooner than new OpenIV 2.9 release.
There is nothing new we can show right now. So, please be patient.

Our current plan is pretty simple:

1. OpenIV 2.9
2. OpenIV 2.9.1 + openCamera 2.0
3. OpenIV 3.0 + Liberty City in V [Beta 1]

• Tomasak, MrGTAmodsgerman, _ReNNie_ and 2 others like this

Redrocket
  • Redrocket

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:41 PM Edited by Redrocket, 13 March 2017 - 03:42 PM.

It has been 1,728 Hours!   "please be patient."

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:43 PM

Now the question is, how big of a gap between 2.9, 2.9.1, and 3.0.

Whats gonna change in 2.9.1 and 3.0? Also, what is there to change in openCamera?

I hope that we get LC soon. But also, just an idea. Would it be possible to choose to have it in the spot you picked, or in a geographically realistic location?

Since Beta 1 is not going to have paths or water, it does not really matter if its outside the boundaries. Plus, the script that GTARandom is using for his mod could work here.

• kalleKompura likes this

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:22 PM Edited by _MK_, 13 March 2017 - 04:24 PM.

I liked it more when he wasn't saying anything.

So what exactly is the deal with LC and OpenIV 3.0 ? why is it being held until the 3.0 ?
On the other hand i don't understand the level of complexity with the whole must have GTAIV installed + converter thing,it's just a mod like any other addon mod out there,it's not Online related so why are you so concerned about it ?

There are others that are doing the same but i don't see them going through all the trouble that you guys are doing.

• BlackScout and kalleKompura like this

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:29 PM

I liked it more when he wasn't saying anything.

So what exactly is the deal with LC and OpenIV 3.0 ? why is it being held until the 3.0 ?
On the other hand i don't understand the level of complexity with the whole must have GTAIV installed + converter thing,it's just a mod like any other addon mod out there,it's not Online related so why are you so concerned about it ?

There are others that are doing the same but i don't see them going through all the trouble that you guys are doing.

i don´t think you would like it, to download a 15 GB mod. 

_MK_
  • _MK_

JRod

• Members
  • None
    Best Scenery [Snap] 2015

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:33 PM Edited by _MK_, 13 March 2017 - 04:34 PM.

Oh no,why would i like to do that when i must buy GTAIV again(since i no longer have my old account) and download the whole game,convert it,backup the addon files,backup IV just in case,uninstall IV.

Yeah much more easier than just to download the addon file.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

Oh no,why would i like to do that when i must buy GTAIV again(since i no longer have my old account) and download the whole game,convert it,backup the addon files,backup IV just in case,uninstall IV.

why uninstall IV?

GooD-NTS
  • GooD-NTS

OpenIV Lives

• Members
  • Russia
  • Best Tool 2016 [OpenIV]
    Best Tool 2012 [OpenIV]
    Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

Now the question is, how big of a gap between 2.9, 2.9.1, and 3.0.

Nobody knows.

Whats gonna change in 2.9.1 and 3.0? Also, what is there to change in openCamera?

This will be known near to release.

Would it be possible to choose to have it in the spot you picked, or in a geographically realistic location?

It probably will be in config or something. But, I not sure how it will be handled with water hacks.

Because convertor will use OpenIV to create GTA V resources and archives.
The required functionality will be implemented in OpenIV 3.0.

- We con't have right to desctribyte LC files. They are not our work. (we care)
- LC is more than 6GB.
- We don't have server capabilities to store such big files. We can't provide comfort level of downloading it.
- It is easier (for us) to make updates that way.

I'm pretty sure after release someone will upload converted files. So, you will be able to download them.
  • Claude_Lib, MrGTAmodsgerman, CalicoApricot and 1 other like this

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:37 PM

Ooph. Just lock this so all the spam can stop and unlock it when you've got some news... I keep coming back to scroll through 3 pages of spam and bickering.

• Tomasak, reditec, Hans-Hermann Hoppe and 2 others like this

dr0yed
  • dr0yed

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

It's officially spring this Monday. We'll probably be getting it in May if we're lucky

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:09 PM

Ooph. Just lock this so all the spam can stop and unlock it when you've got some news... I keep coming back to scroll through 3 pages of spam and bickering.

Two Estonians are going fishing.
After 4 hours one says: "it's not biting."
6 hours later the other answers: "shut your loose mouth, windtrap."

Slap me, for I am sitting on the shore and waiting for fair sea weather.
Every now and then I check the topic, because I'm interested and excited about the mod and I guess i'm not the only one.
One post a day isn't spam.
  • D T likes this

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users