33 replies to this topic
cj2000
  • cj2000

Homeboy

• Members
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground]

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:16 PM

Will this fix the UV seams issue with models? The problem with the original Kams scripts and a few others is that it would leave unsightly seams on models exported using the tool.

What you mean by fix UV?

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

@cj2000 I used this exporter for a while but noticed it doesn't respect scene changes of 3DS Max, like if I import, and change something (in my case: vertexes aka polycount using tool like MultiRes)

and then I export it, it will be the same as old values. The DFF will remain the same size as old one as if I didn't change anything, and your exporter version will not write the new DFF as it should, by ignoring things that have been changed.

I'm not sure if it would ignore everything, like material or physical drawing changes, as I haven't tested. (in that case your exporter would be de facto useless..)

Is that a bug? I'm forced to fall back on the original Kams again, although I rather want to use yours for the improvements and modernisation it offers.

If relevant, using 3DS Max 2017 here, but I think this can happen with any 3DS if you cannot prove me wrong.

Took a look at what that MultiRes should do, you should check befor exporting if number of vertices and polys was really reduced.

Stierlitz
  • Stierlitz

gta grozny

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:47 AM

Will this fix the UV seams issue with models? The problem with the original Kams scripts and a few others is that it would leave unsightly seams on models exported using the tool.

What you mean by fix UV?

I think he means that Kam's messes up smoothing groups and welding

cj2000
  • cj2000

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

What you mean by fix UV?

I think he means that Kam's messes up smoothing groups and welding

But something like that is not stored inside dff, as far I know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users