Photo

TV doesn't recognize Laptop HDMI

2 replies to this topic
fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:25 PM Edited by fashion, 28 December 2016 - 08:08 PM.

Hey, I have a somewhat outdated Sony Vaio Win 7 laptop that has an HDMI output. I finally got some of my favorite childhood games running on a PS4 controller (GTA SA with mods, Morrowind, TH series). I thought one step further and want to play on my Samsung television. It's a good TV running 1080p (or more? Dunno). It has 2 HDMI outputs.
I looked up on the internet how to connect the laptop to the TV, which is, if both devices have an HDMI friendly output, I simply have to connect and voila. But nope, whenever I connect, the screen on the HDMI2 channel turns black shortly and shows the window saying HDMI2, but no sign of the laptop. The TV recognises a device being connected but the screen doesn't show up.

Sorry for the confusing text. I might add, the TV plays all other devices flawlessly so it must be on thr laptop's side. Is there some kind of software for that? Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: Sorry for creating a new topic! This could have went into the random tech questions topic..

Kingbing
  • Kingbing

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:52 PM

Did you go to the display settings and have it set for the tv to be the display?

Presidential
  • Presidential

lol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

If you're on Windows it's Windows key + P to change projectors.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users