Photo

Importing and Exporting cars in a public "solo" session

53 replies to this topic
size_m
  • size_m

no, it's not a hot dog!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:59 AM Edited by size_m, 17 January 2017 - 11:00 AM.

Don't use Cargobob in export missions as NPCs spawn faster, shoot the hook and you vehicle will fall down and get heavy damage.

Don't use Rhino tank since it may dissapear after the sale.

Don't use any helicopters as they will be damaged fast enough or you will be killed as NPCs are aimbot.

sorry but this is bullsh*t.

first of all the hook of the cargobob cannot be shot so that it drops a vehicle.

the cargobob sometimes glitches out for some players and occasionally drops a vehicle.

if this really happens it doesn't matter if someone is shooting or not.

this only happens to some players and for others not.

i always use the cargobob for selling and it never dropped a vehicle yet.

fact is it's alot easier and faster to sell with cargobob.

secondly the rhino is still a good advice, not matter if it desspawns after the sale (just call it back again).

for the helicopters, although they might get damaged and you might get killed in them they are still a good help in many of the missions, especially in many of the sourcing missions.

• hei3enberg likes this

Joeklang
  • Joeklang

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

I can attest that using a Cargo Bob in export mission works well.

You just have to make it hard for the enemy spawn to follow you by flying high and being perpendicular to the streets they are on so they can't follow. They've been able to shoot at me, I hear bullets hitting the car (or Cargo Bob), but never really damaging it - the value of the car or my commission never went down.

Good luck to all!

stagolee
  • stagolee

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Malta

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

First of all, I don't trust public sessions. And there's not reason to risk 100k in a session with 30 players if you don't get any "high demand" bonus.
I'd rather have angry NPCs coming after me than other players.

I just sold a car in a "solo" session without lowering it's value. Here's how i did it. Might help out to someone who's doing the same thing.

First I bought the Turret Limo when it was on sale 2-3 weeks ago. Didn't think I'd use it until now.
Now I'm using the cheapest warehouse located in La Mesa.
NPCs spawn and come after you with 600% accuracy roughly 100m from your warehouse.

9Rxd4Qb.jpg

So here are the steps:

• When you start a selling mission follow the red line.
  • NPCs usually spawn at the red circles so when they do, park and exit the vehicle.
  • Ways:
    - Wait for them to get out of their cars and just shoot them. It's easy but effective.
    - Limo (CEO Menu), get in the back and fend off waves of NPC cars.
    - Rhino. Obviously. If you have it.
    - Buzzard (CEO Menu), butt beware, they take cover near your car. So be careful not to blow it up.
    - Kuruma. Because why not.
  • You get attacked 3-4 times, 6-8 cars. Just wait it out.
    Then get in the car and safely drive it to the destination, preferably without crashing to get the full amount.
The reason I'm doing this is because not only do they have impeccable accuracy but also startle and cause a panic among the other NPC drivers, most likely making you crash into them.

I always use a similar method, except I take the LEFT turn after the second set of gates. Stop near the ladder, then climb up and pick them all off from behind cover on the roof.

• --V-- likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:11 AM

Or... just use the Cargobob.

• hei3enberg likes this

PNutterSammich
  • PNutterSammich

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:54 PM

I use the cargobob for the sell missions. I have the warehouse at Elysian Island and there's a spawn place really nearby (at Merryweathers port). Mostly the delivering spot is in the Chumash area, so mostly I'm flying above water, following the coast. No damages to the car and a lot of fun flying the cargobob..

Don't trust the cargobob/jetsam.  They like to drop your cars at random times.  I've had cars drop on me and cost 28k plus.  You've been warned.  

Roosevelt Valor drunk driver mission. I sniper him from afar and cleared out the cops. Cargobobbed it over the hills and right as my bob did an airshuffle over this culvert north west of Eclipse Towers, it drops and does a backward flip as it falls 20 stories...

My heart sank.

But the damage indicator didn't go up. So I landed and looked over the guardrail.

There is was, in all its bright red and chrome glory sitting on the hill between to titanium trees completely unscathed.

The flip must have had it at just the right angle to stick the landing on all 4 wheels.

I carefully drove it the rest of the way to my garage where 100 feet from the door I spooked a gang member and 15 of them opened up on me. 3k in bullet holes.

FM digital L
  • sleepwalk1980 likes this

--V--
  • --V--

YEAH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:16 PM Edited by --V--, 07 February 2017 - 09:17 PM.

Screw the Bob. Dropped the Ztype close to the warehouse with 28k damage.
After flying that slow-ass cargobob to the location, landing it, sniping the assholes, getting in the bob, hooking the car, and flying from the buzzards.
Luckily my friend was there so I asked for some help with his hydra. And we like to talk. Alot. So maybe that triggered the random drop, T for chatbox. Or I'd like to press D-Pad down occasionally to expand the radar. Maybe I accidentally pressed D-Pad right to drop it. 28k in damage. Didn't even notice I dropped it, the bob kept flying.
Wanted to destroy it on the spot, it ain't worth it. Bit it felt like a waste to ask for a favor only to destroy it later.

Was working for a friend earlier and asked him should we drive it or fly it? He said "fly". it's faster. So I didn't touch any other button during the delivery. Luckily made it safe.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:49 AM

Any tips for the Davis warehouse?

Mr. Larson
  • Mr. Larson

Homeboy

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:35 AM

Any tips for the Davis warehouse?

Yes. Just f*cking drive. Furthest location for single sales is the Vineyard with 4.31 miles. Takes less than 3 minutes and even if you are unlucky it's not more than 10k damage. 

Fighting the waves is ridiculous and only a waste of time. People who fight during a sale need also a heli to do PS finale.

• hei3enberg likes this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:17 PM Edited by hei3enberg, 09 February 2017 - 04:22 PM.

I use the cargobob for the sell missions. I have the warehouse at Elysian Island and there's a spawn place really nearby (at Merryweathers port). Mostly the delivering spot is in the Chumash area, so mostly I'm flying above water, following the coast. No damages to the car and a lot of fun flying the cargobob..

This. Bob is right there at the Merrywether dock! Get the car out, park in the lot, call Buzzie, get the Bob (no rush there or you will be forced to shoot that goons), pick up the car. 

Further: don't ditch the Bob! Land it near warehouse, there are nice spots. Using this method you will be able to lift both when sourcing and when selling too without calling Bob several times. 

Elysian island pro-tip: use the railways when sourcing public without Bob. You can literally go around the map without any ground interference right from the warehouse exit! 

I don't stop and fight the waves, waste of time really. The trick is to just blow by the first wave of Sultans then stay just far enough ahead of them that they don't despawn. Get far enough ahead that they drop off the radar then slow down some, once you see them reappear behind you speed up. Keep doing that until you get to the drop-off. I average less than $1,000 per car in damages and that's just from the bullets that hit when I first pass the NPCs. A decent driver will not get any damage from collisions if you keep a close eye on the traffic, especially if you take your time to keep the NPCs at a reasonable distance.

And actually this lad right here, you deserve single malt for promoting right way of thinking. If you can drive, you won't lose over 2-3k per delivery and sometimes it's quite funny to drive under pressure!

Okay, it's about time we should bust some myths about Bob, so here you go:

— Hook won't glitch in solo lobbies. I got 4 mil in sales with Bob now, no unhooking so far. Yes, there are reports that it can happen in solo too, but it's inadequately rare compared to network hiccups. So it's lag-related, probably. Solo you're mostly safe;

— Roosevelt Valor is the easiest car to pick up. Try it if you don't believe me. Struggling with Bob? Use Roosevelt. Straight big roof is the best;

— You can outrun choppers with it. Just gain altitude right after pickup. That is the reason I don't like that platform near Zancudo. 

Oh, and sourcing wise: use 80% strategy and blow up the car in case you don't like the mission. Especially, that platform one near Zancudo. Not worth it, mostly, but sometimes you can snipe guys easily. In this case to avoid source times, just go the warehouse and sell another top tier and source later. 

• Mr. Larson and Hécate-II like this

--V--
  • --V--

YEAH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:38 PM Edited by --V--, 09 February 2017 - 04:38 PM.

Fighting the waves is ridiculous and only a waste of time. Takes less than 3 minutes and even if you are unlucky it's not more than 10k damage.

It's not even the money. But 10k. wow.

During one selling missions with friends I just drove and they didn't spawn like predicted (100m from your warehouse). Instead they spawned near the Maze Bank and by then I was halfway there.
Got scared that maybe R* changed their spawning location, but nah.
And comparing to the Pacific Standard finale, can't wait for them to patch this and completely remove the enemy AI. It even looks ridiculous fighting the same 4 guys with the same 2 blue sultans 4 times.

And with 15min available for every selling mission if you just chill for 40 seconds you won't waste anything. You might even pick up around 200$ cash from their bodies.

D4PLK
  • D4PLK

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:01 PM

A way I found around the annoying NPCs is by inviting a friend to the session but not hiring them. Get them to wait outside while you mod the car and when done get them to ride beside you. I have done several deliveries now with 0 damage. I assume because the game sees them as a random player they are a threat so the NPCs don't spawn. Saves on ammo and everything. I then hire them to do headhunter etc for some cash and sack them before I deliver the next vehicle.

Bonnie_MacFarlane
  • Bonnie_MacFarlane

Gamer Girl

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

This. Bob is right there at the Merrywether dock! Get the car out, park in the lot, call Buzzie, get the Bob (no rush there or you will be forced to shoot that goons), pick up the car. 

Further: don't ditch the Bob! Land it near warehouse, there are nice spots. Using this method you will be able to lift both when sourcing and when selling too without calling Bob several times. 

Í bought the Elysian Island warehouse, because my coke business and my medium crate warehouse are there also. It was one of the cheaper vehicle warehouses and, like you said, the railway-bridge makes it easy to drive there with terminator-npc following you.

https://www.youtube....h?v=jxqLyaSTre8

Too bad Elysian Island does not have it's own LS Costums and a ten-garage-appartment, it would just be too perfect!

stagolee
  • stagolee

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Malta

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

A way I found around the annoying NPCs is by inviting a friend to the session but not hiring them. Get them to wait outside while you mod the car and when done get them to ride beside you. I have done several deliveries now with 0 damage. I assume because the game sees them as a random player they are a threat so the NPCs don't spawn. Saves on ammo and everything. I then hire them to do headhunter etc for some cash and sack them before I deliver the next vehicle.

Recently, even if you have a friend in the session and hire them, the NPCs still don't spawn whether you're selling 1 OR 2 cars.

--V--
  • --V--

YEAH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

Recently, even if you have a friend in the session and hire them, the NPCs still don't spawn whether you're selling 1 OR 2 cars.

I dunno if that right, though...
I mean, a friend and I sold some cars not a while ago with NPCs on our ass. Maybe it changed.

But the trick is to create (or have a friend create) a Public session and invite (you and the rest of) your friends. Maybe 4+ friends. You and 3 friends can sell the cars while the 4th one goes about his business with sourcing or biker stuff.
Then someone else creates his CEO and invites the rest to sell.

That is the "trick" to do this the easiest way. Public session. 4 friends.
But if you're in alone and don't want the NPCs to lower your CEO commission, this is it.

derek0514
  • derek0514

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:23 PM Edited by derek0514, 27 March 2017 - 08:36 PM.

Cargo Bob eliminates npc problem. Just fly high, zig zag. If pursued by chopper (sourcing) important to be at high altitude and out run. If they do kill u or bring down chopper u can possibly get car if this is over land if upright and then just drive it (it may have like $16k damage). If npc'c show up get out if and away from car take them out. If car upside down after drop you will need right it.

Just ease car into yellow delivery area taking care not hit building or tree - no need release it from Bob the warehouse or delivery spot will just take it if smooth handoff. Best way car swings into area when a couple feet off ground. Once u have enough practice easy to execute.

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

Don't trust the cargobob/jetsam.  They like to drop your cars at random times.  I've had cars drop on me and cost 28k plus.  You've been warned.  

Cargobob never drops a car in a solo session. Public solo sessings are 100% safe. You only have a risk of dropping if there are other players.

• A.Nothingman likes this

DeXiovi
  • DeXiovi

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

Even better way of getting rid of NPCs than inviting friends is to join a full random public session with people, start up an export sell (after you make sure no one is close to your warehouse outside), once you exit out to sell the car, immediately glitch out the session with the date/time method. No players, no NPCs. It even works if you have a friend selling with you. Yes, they will be glitched out of the session aswell but you can easily sell 2 cars yourself with the cargobob. The cargobob IS 100% reliable.

@stagolee - That is false. NPCs always spawn without rival players in session. My guess is someone was in your room but left before you noticed.

@derek0514 - Sorry but I don't believe that's good advice at all when collecting cars, as far using the cargobob goes.
The cargobob definitely shouldn't be constantly used for sourcing vehicles. They aren't durable and especially not fast enough to outrun the waves of attack helicopters. It's a guaranteed way of destroying your cargobob and/or damaging the import. There's hardly a 5 second window for you to even put the car down safely, and you'll most likely crash onto it. Only use the cargobob to source vehicles when it tells you to. There's absolutely no reason for there to be any damage at all, -16k is beyond ridiculous. All you have to do is pull the car over quickly and safely when helicopters appear, run away from it and take out the attack waves. Usually 4-6. I almost always get 0 damage, never more than $1,500. It's far faster than using the cargobob to source.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:35 PM

lol if you're good with the Cargobob you can source and sell w/ no damage at all (assuming no Buzzards/Supervolitos are involved).

Sure you can do it the normal way and take out all the waves on foot and then drive the car back but there's only so much of that method you can do without getting worn out. Same with the Cargobob method, you should switch between the two every now and then to keep it fresh. But don't be saying the Cargobob method is flawed, it's clearly not and works perfectly for some people lol

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:46 AM

^

Actually, It's possible to deliver a car using the Cargobob with $0 damage even when buzzards are involved. Like it was mentioned in other threads multiple times - just gain altitude until they spawn, and run away ASAP. Never slow down - plan the path to avoid flying into a mountain and keep the speed.

Unfortunately, people just don't understand how to use the Cargobob properly. Shame, the tool itself has a great potential. I'm planning to make a video, hope it will debunk the myths.

• KWF1981 and A.Nothingman like this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:15 PM Edited by derek0514, 28 March 2017 - 02:08 PM.

I am surprised a lot of them don't use the Bob. I have had only 2 incidents of dropping a car on sales runs. I believe one drop on a sales run was fooling with radar display controls or flying in such s manner car jerking wildly on hook. Another drop on sorce was a damaged Bob from heli chase trying deliver car at the la Mesa garage - narrow area crashed into tree car upside down.. Since solved that problem moving to airport locn and great w my Greenwich airport garage.

Once u get experience on Bob your only enemy is really over confidence / carelessness. Yes some source runs you wb pursued by choppers. I hook car close enough to source locn so enemies not yet engaged, ascend to high altitude, go full throttle to warehouse and outrun them. If your having to slow to gain altitude they will close on u. Once car hooked don't mess w d pad or whatever it is that has up down rt left. Just concentrate on flying to warehouse drop off. Some source jobs can drive to warehouses without incident others like the one where u have to beat that guys time u will need go get a Bob fly it to pickup then they may come after u in chopper. When I hear assistant tell me source job joy when it's an easy one. I am so experienced w it can usually hook car on first try. Once u know how a source job is going to go down u can develop appropriate strategy. The car set to explode near the dam location and the car in motion u have to chase all over map most difficult in my view. I don't need the Bob where I have follow guys in Karuna. I just have the assistant bring up my Karuna, follow them, take them out once there, then drive car to warehouse. Usually only damage to car in sourcing is stray bullets from fire fight usually $1500 or less. Of course w Bob ground based npc pursuers not a factor unless u fly too close to them.

To me GTAO is a game of strategy similar to empire for Windows (playing hide and seek w enemy players) which unfortunately no longer operates with the 32 bit makeup they went to in 2010 - I enjoyed it for years playing it from a flash drive while waiting in airports n stuff.
  • KWF1981 and A.Nothingman like this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:20 AM Edited by sleepwalk1980, 20 April 2017 - 09:21 AM.

FEs1AlP.png

The easiest method for me when exporting from La Mesa warehouse (1) is to dirve a short way over the freeway and park up on a little grass hill between two houses at location (2)

Run a short distance from the export car and take cover behind one of the small walls.

NPCs spawn from the red dots and drive down towards you.

Pick off the NPCs as they roll out of their cars. After 2 - 4 waves, pick up all the dropped ammo and money and you're good to go to the drop off with no more NPCs coming after you.

Drive carefully and you'll get the full payout.

• --V-- likes this

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:45 PM Edited by Prince_Polaris, 20 April 2017 - 01:46 PM.

Can confirm the Burro Heights method, but I added a little something to make it better  ;)

20170420094100_1.jpg

--V--
  • --V--

YEAH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:59 PM

Spoiler

Yeah, that's about right. 100m from Warehouse.
But most (if not all) drop off destinations are located North-West of the starting point, so it made sense in my mind to go North. It never occurred to me to head east.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:17 AM Edited by sleepwalk1980, 21 April 2017 - 05:18 AM.

Spoiler

Yeah, that's about right. 100m from Warehouse.
But most (if not all) drop off destinations are located North-West of the starting point, so it made sense in my mind to go North. It never occurred to me to head east.

Yeah me too - always got annihilated crossing the bridge just around the corner, wide open, no cover, cars flying past. Would always get bullet damage tot he car and get killed at least 3 times by NPCs terminator AI. This way I get 100% untouched car and no deaths. Much easier, and it saves time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users