Photo

Importing and Exporting cars in a public "solo" session

43 replies to this topic
--V--
  • --V--

Born to lose, living to win

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:15 PM Edited by --V--, 13 January 2017 - 03:09 PM.

First of all, I don't trust public sessions. And there's not reason to risk 100k in a session with 30 players if you don't get any "high demand" bonus.
I'd rather have angry NPCs coming after me than other players.

I just sold a car in a "solo" session without lowering it's value. Here's how i did it. Might help out to someone who's doing the same thing.

First I bought the Turret Limo when it was on sale 2-3 weeks ago. Didn't think I'd use it until now.
Now I'm using the cheapest warehouse located in La Mesa.
NPCs spawn and come after you with 600% accuracy roughly 100m from your warehouse.

9Rxd4Qb.jpg

So here are the steps:
  • When you start a selling mission follow the red line.
  • NPCs usually spawn at the red circles so when they do, park and exit the vehicle.
  • Ways:
    - Wait for them to get out of their cars and just shoot them. It's easy but effective.
    - Limo (CEO Menu), get in the back and fend off waves of NPC cars.
    - Rhino. Obviously. If you have it.
    - Buzzard (CEO Menu), butt beware, they take cover near your car. So be careful not to blow it up.
    - Kuruma. Because why not.
  • You get attacked 3-4 times, 6-8 cars. Just wait it out.
    Then get in the car and safely drive it to the destination, preferably without crashing to get the full amount.
The reason I'm doing this is because not only do they have impeccable accuracy but also startle and cause a panic among the other NPC drivers, most likely making you crash into them.
  • Switch, Sagrawa, Sinner's Rise and 4 others like this

Jamwes
  • Jamwes

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:08 PM Edited by Jamwes, 28 December 2016 - 03:08 PM.

Limo is a great idea! I'll have to remember to use mine. The NPCs always come once you've reached a set distance from your warehouse. I was leaving my Karuma there before starting the sell mission.

I've gotten up to 4 waves of bad guys. That many waves makes me want to just drive. It takes about 5 minutes to deal with them. As long as they do less than $20k in damage, I'm making more money by just running a Headhunter right after delivery for the same amount of time.

--V--
  • --V--

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

Glad I could help. Limo also helps when you need to spawn an armored car quick when you got bastards with buzzards (during Cargobob missions) or the standard Armored car + SuperVolto that I can't figure out where they're shooting me with impeccable accuracy.

But $20k in damage? That's a lot. I just destroy the car if it reaches 5k. It ain't worth it. Unless it's a part of a collection.

sinepedraap
  • sinepedraap

Blue Ark all the way

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:22 PM

I use the cargobob for the sell missions. I have the warehouse at Elysian Island and there's a spawn place really nearby (at Merryweathers port). Mostly the delivering spot is in the Chumash area, so mostly I'm flying above water, following the coast. No damages to the car and a lot of fun flying the cargobob..
  • hei3enberg, BigBrother67 and Strymon84 like this

OrileyConner
  • OrileyConner

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

I use the cargobob for the sell missions. I have the warehouse at Elysian Island and there's a spawn place really nearby (at Merryweathers port). Mostly the delivering spot is in the Chumash area, so mostly I'm flying above water, following the coast. No damages to the car and a lot of fun flying the cargobob..

Don't trust the cargobob/jetsam.  They like to drop your cars at random times.  I've had cars drop on me and cost 28k plus.  You've been warned.  

• --V-- likes this

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:14 PM

This can easily be done on foot and you can control which direction the NPC's spawn in from by standing in the correct area like illustrated here:
15665744_626053330915080_405036375438923

• Sagrawa and --V-- like this

makekz
  • makekz

Paper chaser

• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:37 PM Edited by makekz, 28 December 2016 - 10:39 PM.

For those of you who own a warehoue in El burro Heights.

These are the positions to place your target vehicle and yourself (whether in kuruma, on foot or in a turreted limo). If on foot, a good position is up the ladders above the green tanks (they're not explosive, but be careful with a gas tank trailer on the right side, you can't see it fully in this screenshot though). The trailer is explosive, but it didn't really damaged my target vehicles upon explosion.

Another good location is marked with a red crossing on a mini map  (bottom left corner). However, that position takes you longer to get enemies in line of your fire. Nice thing about that position is that the terrain covers you and gives you a good angle on npcs. They don't even resist (since they don't see you yet) but you have a clear shot on 'em from a turret/kuruma/on foot. I use that spot when I'm pretty low on armor and snacks. These guys are sharp shooters even from a far distance! (Was surprised to discover they're packing only UZIs)

Make sure you park your target vehicles facing the wall (as in the screenshot). Otherwise these gooks are gonna come up from all sides.

hLol4bv.jpg

• size_m likes this

sinepedraap
  • sinepedraap

Blue Ark all the way

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:09 PM Edited by sinepedraap, 29 December 2016 - 12:11 AM.

Don't trust the cargobob/jetsam.  They like to drop your cars at random times.  I've had cars drop on me and cost 28k plus.  You've been warned.  

Okay thanks! I did like 65 sell deliveries so far with the Jetsam (white/red one cause he"s cute and has a kind of smiley bird-face on the front just under the rotorblades) and it never happened to me so far. Maybe because I'm not being shot at above the sea and the mountains, but I keep it in mind.
  • BigBrother67 likes this

HopalongCasidy
  • HopalongCasidy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:26 AM

Definitely have had cars glitch off the cargobob.

--V--
  • --V--

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 29 December 2016 - 10:46 AM Edited by --V--, 29 December 2016 - 10:47 AM.

This can easily be done on foot and you can control which direction the NPC's spawn in from by standing in the correct area like illustrated here:
15665744_626053330915080_405036375438923

Took a bunch of screens to show off a visual representation:

I usually park the car there
Spoiler

Then there's an area to the immidiete right
Spoiler

There are stairs that take you to the roof
Spoiler

Or screw climbing up, you wait here and kill 'em when they get out of their cars.
Spoiler

YanktonGangster
  • YanktonGangster

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:01 PM

haha, 600% accuracy. I liked that! Not far off either. First time I was like WTF!?! I usually just take the risk and do it in a populated lobby. Not necessarily a full lobby with jets flying around and the sounds of explosions and gunfire in the air, but some people. Hopefully they are running cargo, or doing import and just don't want to be bothered either.

I have definitely had cars just release from the cargobob jetsam.

djdest
  • djdest

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:09 PM

We tried something similar at my Big House warehouse.

They came right up to the door, where you can stand behind a little fence as they approach. Ended up with this mess :lol:

q2IXss19RECP-_GN929nNQ_0_0.jpg

• Skeve613, Forza Harrd and Snoopbr like this

BodyCounter
  • BodyCounter

...over 5 digits and counting.....

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:29 AM Edited by BodyCounter, 30 December 2016 - 12:30 AM.

9Rxd4Qb.jpg

.....1 word

Rhino

I park mine in the alley way there.

• MrTroubleMaker likes this

HipHopHead
  • HipHopHead

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:56 PM Edited by HipHopHead, 30 December 2016 - 04:56 PM.

I sold a bunch form that same warehouse during the 50% bonus last weekend.  I just went for it, didn't stop.  Usually only ended up with 2-3K damage most times.  Quick 3 min drop offs.

bocephus
  • bocephus

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

Definitely have had cars glitch off the cargobob.

PS4. 86 cars stolen, 49 sold. 99% of thefts and 100% of sales with the Cargobob. Number of times a car has involuntarily dropped from the hook: Zero.

You guys are using faulty controllers. Or your thumbs are too f*cking fat.

Jackie_R
  • Jackie_R

Foxhole Buddy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:12 PM

9Rxd4Qb.jpg

.....1 word

Rhino

Anyone with a good technique to 'draw out' the pursuing NPCs when making deliveries from the La Puerta warehouse?

BodyCounter
  • BodyCounter

...over 5 digits and counting.....

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:23 PM

9Rxd4Qb.jpg

.....1 word

Rhino

Anyone with a good technique to 'draw out' the pursuing NPCs when making deliveries from the La Puerta warehouse?

henryborked
  • henryborked

Hostile take-over!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

Or you could, you know, start the selling mission in a lobby with randoms so you have no NPC's chasing your ass, drive out for a few seconds, split the lobby using the date-lag method and be free of any and all resistance...

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Stop the thief! MY knife is stuck in his back!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

Or you could, you know, start the selling mission in a lobby with randoms so you have no NPC's chasing your ass, drive out for a few seconds, split the lobby using the date-lag method and be free of any and all resistance...

At least for me this only works sometimes. Shortly after being alone then the car may go up in flames and be destroyed a few seconds later..

4ward
  • 4ward

Can't be soft

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:25 PM Edited by 4ward, 05 January 2017 - 08:30 PM.

Algorithm for solo export I use:

1) Find all possible directions leading to buyer from your vehicle warehouse.

2) For each direction find a point where NPCs does spawn.

3) Find a place near NPCs spawn point off the main road, when you are going to this cover you should trigger 1st wave of them.

4) Exit the export vehicle and wipe out first 4 guys. Use covers and non-explosive weapons (to save money for ammo).

5) If you own minigun limo, spawn it after 1st wave and clean remaining waves.

If not, keep staying in the cover and deal with them using your weapons.

Use snacks between the waves if you are at low health.

6) When its all over, get in export vehicle and deliver it to the buyer. Dont crash into things and avoid cursed traffic to get max commission.

Don't use Cargobob in export missions as NPCs spawn faster, shoot the hook and you vehicle will fall down and get heavy damage.

Don't use Rhino tank since it may dissapear after the sale.

Don't use any helicopters as they will be damaged fast enough or you will be killed as NPCs are aimbot.

jyssys
  • jyssys

I like passive mode

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:07 AM

(youtube vid)

That didn't answer his question at all. 

Jackie_R
  • Jackie_R

Foxhole Buddy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:38 PM

(youtube vid)

That didn't answer his question at all. 
Nope. Wasn't even the La Puerta warehouse.

derek0514
  • derek0514

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:58 PM Edited by derek0514, 07 January 2017 - 02:06 PM.

Karuna can deal w them like in biker resupply missions. I will try that - wondered how many waves have to defeat.

I have the cheapest warehouse just have to figure where park it for staging attack. Considering CB but w it's $1.7 m cost and questionable reliability.....

Had considered el burro warehouse but w it's maze of dirt roads not for me need straight shot if being chased.

Just getting into import biz but w damage taking a toll prefer my biker Coke business. Will try this strategy more reps help. Have mastered all my biker missions w 100 pct execution unless screwup.

BigBrother67
  • BigBrother67

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

Okay thanks! I did like 65 sell deliveries so far with the Jetsam (white/red one cause he"s cute and has a kind of smiley bird-face on the front just under the rotorblades) and it never happened to me so far. Maybe because I'm not being shot at above the sea and the mountains, but I keep it in mind.

I've zero drops so far and I use both version of the CB. (I'm always in a Solo Lobby)

--V--
  • --V--

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:52 PM Edited by --V--, 13 January 2017 - 02:53 PM.

I've zero drops so far and I use both version of the CB. (I'm always in a Solo Lobby)

Well I mainly play with a controller and type in the chatbox with a keyboard. And if you use the controller while typing and you press M you'll open the Interaction Menu.
I might have pressed E at some point while typing in the chatbox to drop the car.

eonblue
  • eonblue

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Italy

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

i'm sick and tired of those a@#@#es who kill you when you are delivering a car and then change lobby, just wanted to say it...i'm really really tired ;)

--V--
  • --V--

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 14 January 2017 - 01:07 AM

i'm sick and tired of those a@#@#es who kill you when you are delivering a car and then change lobby, just wanted to say it...i'm really really tired ;)

Oh, yeah. I know what you mean. Not personally, but GTASeriesVideos talked about it in their Tips & Tricks video.
Their advice: Be extra careful if you see someone going Off the Radar in a middle of a stealing mission.
Set C4 on your car and blow it if you see someone shooting at you or whatever. Because they'll get it inside the warehouse before you spawn.

ScooterEightyTwo
  • ScooterEightyTwo

Ambitious but Rubbish

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:31 PM Edited by ScooterEightyTwo, 14 January 2017 - 03:31 PM.

Late reply but I find that from La Puerta the best way is to go left & up the road going into town, on your left there will be a small road going up behind the Trashmaster depot (where you go to pick one up in the Series A setups). The NPC Sultans will spawn on the main road ahead of you so you can duck into this side road without getting shot & the NPCs will follow you up it, allowing for easy kills.

Jackie_R
  • Jackie_R

Foxhole Buddy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Late reply but I find that from La Puerta the best way is to go left & up the road going into town, on your left there will be a small road going up behind the Trashmaster depot (where you go to pick one up in the Series A setups). The NPC Sultans will spawn on the main road ahead of you so you can duck into this side road without getting shot & the NPCs will follow you up it, allowing for easy kills.
I'll try that. Thanks!

FrozenInferno
  • FrozenInferno

Heisenberg

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2017 - 09:55 AM

I don't stop and fight the waves, waste of time really. The trick is to just blow by the first wave of Sultans then stay just far enough ahead of them that they don't despawn. Get far enough ahead that they drop off the radar then slow down some, once you see them reappear behind you speed up. Keep doing that until you get to the drop-off. I average less than $1,000 per car in damages and that's just from the bullets that hit when I first pass the NPCs. A decent driver will not get any damage from collisions if you keep a close eye on the traffic, especially if you take your time to keep the NPCs at a reasonable distance.
  • hei3enberg likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users