Quantcast

» «
Photo

How to eliminate curb boosting from Stunt Tracks ?

10 replies to this topic
Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:00 AM

Hi, I have a few ideas for races using the new stunt track pieces, however from all the videos and races I have seen, the thing that ruins the new stunt track pieces is that people will swerve all over the road and go on and off the track where possible to get curb boosts. This looks ugly to me and I am wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to dissuade or stop people doing this.

I am mainly interested in stunt races that have been made into "proper" race circuits: jumps and stuff are not usually my thing. I realise that you can use the stunt track with barriers on either side, but this does not fully eliminate the problem, and anyways there may be parts of the track where you need to have no barriers on the side, in case people run off track.

Just interested to hear from anyone who has had more experience with the new props, and whether anyone has come up with a way to minimise or eliminate the annoying curb boost, cheers !

REXX
  • REXX

The guy who wants catsuits and a Railgun. Rexx | Alexa

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

I noticed this too. Take a look at this job mine, perhaps it could give you some ideas:

http://rsg.ms/d936296

What I did was use a few huge building blocks as the actual road and place the track pieces on top. However, I lowered them so the barriers were still present but the road itself was completely hidden.
  • Pressure Drop likes this

Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:28 AM

I noticed this too. Take a look at this job mine, perhaps it could give you some ideas:

http://rsg.ms/d936296

What I did was use a few huge building blocks as the actual road and place the track pieces on top. However, I lowered them so the barriers were still present but the road itself was completely hidden.

Unfortunately, I don't have a PS4, but I understand what you're saying, could be worth a look

However I do really like the design of the full track with rumble strips and would like to keep them visible if possible.

Would be so much better if Rockstar just eliminated the curb boost altogether!

• REXX likes this

Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

I've had a better look just now: I can see what you mean, sinking the rumble strips so they are just above the road. However, while this may in fact reduce the boost gained, there is still a noticeable boost when you go over them. I'm actually considering using the slow down pad set to weak in certain sections to punish those who try for speed boosts. It's a shame there is no "very weak" option as I think the slow down might be a bit extreme still.... however you may be able to place them in such a way that minimises people going into them. Could be worth a try, but I'm also aware it could cause massive frustrations if they were placed everywhere.

REXX
  • REXX

The guy who wants catsuits and a Railgun. Rexx | Alexa

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:01 PM

Yeah, probably best to add a few on long straights. I wouldn't necessarily place them on bends as people like to hit the apex sometimes.
  • UniqueAsh and Pressure Drop like this

raymond_calitri
  • raymond_calitri

Verified

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2017 - 09:44 AM Edited by raymond_calitri, 08 February 2017 - 09:46 AM.

i hear what youre saying pressure, im gonna think about this one

but off the top of my head, you could bury some concrete median blocks along the rumble strips (parallel or perpendicular) to discourage the in-and-out boosting (spacing them out to conserve props?)

looking like those parking lot curb bumpers:
http://www.centurygr...mg_0381-650.jpg

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:09 PM

What is curb boosting?

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Probably not your father

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:33 PM

What is curb boosting?

In this game, when a car drives over a small bump in the road like the pedestrian area next to the road or something like that, movement at the suspension of the wheels will somehow give a small speed boost to the car.

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:31 PM

What is curb boosting?

In this game, when a car drives over a small bump in the road like the pedestrian area next to the road or something like that, movement at the suspension of the wheels will somehow give a small speed boost to the car.

Wow! Any others tips?

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Probably not your father

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:41 PM

What is curb boosting?

Wow! Any others tips?

just subscribe to this guy

https://www.youtube.com/user/hwkabro

or at least watch some of his guides

• StormerBoy and HiBerg like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:30 AM

In this game you can have the best driving the word has ever seen but the guy that hits all the kerbs will beat you by 10 seconds.
  • StormerBoy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users