Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:07 PM

You're welcome, Derek.

P34NUTZ
  • P34NUTZ

Captain Cockmunch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:09 PM

So I found this. It's good for people with an XB1 who want to do CEO work in peace and don't have any other way to get a solo public lobby without having a mile long cable running through the house.

It takes a few minutes but I tried it twice yesterday and it works, it's much better than swapping sessions for ten minutes and crossing your fingers.

1 - Make a playlist with one quick race. Down the Drain is probably the best since it is short and spawns you in the city to shorten travel time. You could use Criminal Records if you want to spawn in Blaine County instead.

2 - Do the race.

3 - Press X to restart the playlist.

4 - Quit when you get back to the lobby.

5 - Voila.

I wish I knew this when it was 50% extra profit.
But thanks, it's been a real pain in the ass hitting 'find new session' over and over
  • Cameron Star likes this

Semaj 2JZ♢
  • Semaj 2JZ♢

Switch up my style. I take any lane.

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:28 PM

A little something to add;

1. Do not try from a closed/crew/IO session. The game still recognizes that you are in that non-public session and you can't access the securoserv server, even though it will say you are in a public lobby on the player list.

2. Make sure the public lobby you do this from is not heavily populated. Same as the game doesn't recognize the change from your non-public to a public with this method, it will still keep you 'tied' to that first public lobby and will put the next people waiting or entering, as it fills, in with you.
  • Cameron Star, Halal Cyborg, Silencer555 and 1 other like this

zzr
  • zzr

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:54 PM Edited by zzr, 26 December 2016 - 09:55 PM.

I just hope rockstar won't find a way to f*ck this up. I've been using the Ethernet cord method but I got a wifi range extender so, there aren't cords laying around. Works about 7 out of 10 times.  :^:

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

For PS4, set your MTU value to 850. Voila!

Silencer555
  • Silencer555

Accident Prone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

This is extremely useful for me. You have my ultimate thanks Cameron.

• Cameron Star and Semaj 2JZ♢ like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Questionable Aunt

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:41 AM

Quick test cause I cant' really play GTA now but this 100% works. Down The Drain, quick race, back out, instantly alone. No loading, no bullsh*t. This is perfect! I did have a lobby of 6 people which is pure luck cause sometimes I have a full lobby so don't know how much that's gonna affect the tests but so far it works. Thank you, this is amazing! :)

• Cameron Star, Halal Cyborg, Jenkiiii and 1 other like this

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:50 AM

Cameron this has helped my online experience immensely.

I understand you didn't discover it but like many here I'm extremely grateful you shared it and I think I speak for us all in saying you deserve a medal.
  • Cameron Star, Semaj 2JZ♢ and Jenkiiii like this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:42 PM

I'm not getting this to work. For some reason, after I hit restart, it never gets back to the race lobby - it acts like it's going to but then dumps me one the ground in a weird public lobby with no icons anywhere on the map. From there I can't do anything but find a new session. I'd almost think they hot-fixed this, except this is such a trivial thing to fix and the new behavior is incredibly annoying, basically looking like a bug.

Semaj 2JZ♢
  • Semaj 2JZ♢

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:02 PM

I'm not getting this to work. For some reason, after I hit restart, it never gets back to the race lobby - it acts like it's going to but then dumps me one the ground in a weird public lobby with no icons anywhere on the map. From there I can't do anything but find a new session. I'd almost think they hot-fixed this, except this is such a trivial thing to fix and the new behavior is incredibly annoying, basically looking like a bug.

Thats a real bummer, for you. Just tried. Still working 100% for me.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:07 PM Edited by Nutduster, 27 December 2016 - 04:07 PM.

I'm going to try again later. GTA is so buggy in general, maybe it was just a fluke.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Your special effects are washing away...

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:10 PM

You're a crate saver, Cameron. Cheers. :^:
  • Cameron Star and Halal Cyborg like this

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:22 PM

Hey, Cameron and all those involved. Sounds like a lovely solution, and will be giving it a go later.

Just occurred to me; why not use a GTA race like 'Fill Em Up' for your playlist? This one: http://rsg.ms/ee95fc4by Gridl0kk, allows you to pick up 25 stickies, grenades, molotovs and tear gas all in one go, just drive over them, complete the race in about 1 minute. I use it all the time, and now will doubly use it :)

• Edwin, em1b16a2, SeberHusky and 2 others like this

MVX11V
  • MVX11V

ShOuLd KnOw BeTtEr.

• Members
  • Haiti

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:05 PM

Happened to me a few times, spawn frozen in lobby instead of starting playlist. Bugged to hell but keep trying, it does work. Looks like a big hole that needs patching given how sporadic the game loading becomes with unpredictable outcomes.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:16 PM

It did work after a restart. :)
  • livejoker likes this

-LN-
  • -LN-

Acquired Taste

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:04 PM

A little something to add;

1. Do not try from a closed/crew/IO session. The game still recognizes that you are in that non-public session and you can't access the securoserv server, even though it will say you are in a public lobby on the player list.

2. Make sure the public lobby you do this from is not heavily populated. Same as the game doesn't recognize the change from your non-public to a public with this method, it will still keep you 'tied' to that first public lobby and will put the next people waiting or entering, as it fills, in with you.

This pertains to my initial mistake; I originally launched the one race playlist in a private lobby.  It still put me in a public lobby afterwards, but I could not do public free roam work or access the computers.

However, I tried this again yesterday in a semi-full lobby, and I was able to get into a solo public lobby to do car sales afterwards.

I don't like to fool around with MTU settings or the like, so this works great for me.  Thanks so much again for sharing! :)

• V4S and Jenkiiii like this

Cameron Star
  • Cameron Star

Rock my socks.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:18 PM

It does this for me for about five seconds everytime I do it before returning me to the lobby.

I also added the tips from Semaj and Jenkiiii.

• Semaj 2JZ♢ likes this

Lainathiel
  • Lainathiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:40 PM Edited by Lainathiel, 27 December 2016 - 08:43 PM.

I've just tested this on PC, twice. It works!

Thank you for sharing.

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:55 PM

I just log into my router. Set my MTU to either 800 or 900. Click apply and boom. Everyone is gone within a min. Takes me maybe 3 mins to do. Sometimes if I want a easy 30k, I'll start Pracy Prevention just before.

tjor24
  • tjor24

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:52 PM

Cameron you the real MVP

Jenkiiii
  • Jenkiiii

Looking Good In The Hood

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:01 AM

Just to confirm - it worked first time for me. I was in a populated lobby, followed the steps, and ended up in a public lobby all by myself.

Good stuff, folks!

• Cameron Star and Happy Hunter like this

em1b16a2
  • em1b16a2

Post Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2016 - 02:41 AM

I'd like to add I've been using this technique and I always get put into a solo lobby even if I take a few friends from the race lobby with me, however, even if I go in solo from the race lobby other players always seem to squeak in, it might be in 20 minutes, might be an hour but for me it's not an infinite solo lobby trick.

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:22 AM

Yeah, when I did this earlier I had other players join within 10 minutes. It seems to be as random as GTA always is with this stuff. At least it's easy to repeat as needed - and it's an easy way, if you're playing with friends, to get into a lobby you can lock down and protect.

truffleshuffle03
  • truffleshuffle03

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:03 AM Edited by truffleshuffle03, 28 December 2016 - 04:04 AM.

Just wanted to share. It's been a pain in the arse trying to get a solo lobby until now.

I never have a problem getting a solo lobby. I jump on early in the mornings and there are usually either just me or me and one or two other dudes on ps4 and PC. That is when I do my missions and sell my stuff. Have never had a problem with people messing with me at all. 

Neo 2708
  • Neo 2708

Rat

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:46 AM

Not sure if this will work for everyone or not but found this to work for me more often than not on my XBONE.

Just like glitch method for outfits on PS4, (pause GTAO, main menu, start up Netflix, wait a few seconds and then return to GTAO), i was doing a car run and because it was getting a bit grief heavy in the session i decided to go watch something on Amazon Prime. I didn't shut down GTAO, just stayed in the safety of my car warehouse and then backed out to the main menu and fired up the Amazon app.

After watching Grand Tour, i headed back to GTA, after the GTAO clouds i was back in the lobby. Cant say if it was the same one or not as i didn't see any gamer tags i recognised from before but it was a good full lobby. I could see blips on the radar moving around and hear gunfire.

Oh well i though, here we go, time to shoot and scoot back to the office.... no sooner had i got into my car then everybody started to leave. Boom, from a virtually full lobby to a solo in seconds.

After stealing 15 cars solo, i thought about it and thought maybe going to Amazon lagged me out like it does for SP4 and Netflix? So had another go. I found a new lobby with other players, (was about 10+ players), i again went onto Amazon Prime, fired up a program, waited a few seconds and then backed out and clicked back onto GTA. Again after the clouds GTAO started up and i was back in a populated lobby. Then, as before everyone started to leave all at once.

This hasn't worked for me every time, I've tried it six times now and managed it 4 out of 6, doesn't seem to do with the amount of time away from GTAO as I've watch an hour program before returning and also just a few seconds with both working and other not. So my be just down to chance or luck.

Anyhow, thats how i get (mostly) a solo session on XBONE, give it a go if you have Netflix, Amazon Prime or any other apps on Xbox that you can start up without shutting done GTA first.

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Thank you Cameron :)

I don't usually do this sort of thing but R*'s pandering to the toxic elements of this game's community has forced my hand. 

• mmm chocolate, Cameron Star, Nutduster and 1 other like this

P34NUTZ
  • P34NUTZ

Captain Cockmunch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:46 PM

I'd like to add I've been using this technique and I always get put into a solo lobby even if I take a few friends from the race lobby with me, however, even if I go in solo from the race lobby other players always seem to squeak in, it might be in 20 minutes, might be an hour but for me it's not an infinite solo lobby trick.

I had the same issue. I think I've found a way around it though.

What I do is, once I'm in the solo session, I do the playlist glitch a second time and that seems to work. Both times I've tried it, I've managed to stay solo for hours without a peep from a single random. Try it out and let me know.

Semaj 2JZ♢
  • Semaj 2JZ♢

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:55 PM

What I do is, once I'm in the solo session, I do the playlist glitch a second time and that seems to work. Both times I've tried it, I've managed to stay solo for hours without a peep from a single random. Try it out and let me know.
I'm going to try that. I've done a few tests now and it really seems like it is totally random how long you will have in freedom, but doing this from a lobby of 20+ got me unexpected guests sooner than that from a lobby less than 10. I've been in FA too, so finding lobbies with around 10 or less is not hard to come by.

It's really annoying when someone does get randomly dropped in and they aren't even there for peace, like I would be if I was dropped into somebody's lobby. Why would you single out someone in a lonely lobby just to get your jollies?

em1b16a2
  • em1b16a2

Post Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:43 PM Edited by em1b16a2, 29 December 2016 - 04:24 AM.

I'll report back in a couple hours with the outcome, thanks for heads up.

Edit: yeah doing the playlist twice seems to give you a nice solo lobby, I've been in one for an hour plus with no randoms joining yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users