• totyak

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

I am looking around on the Interenet and found this:

http://kephost.com/i...2/21/normal.jpg

http://kephost.com/i...1/notnormal.jpg

Is any idea anybody why in this edition the disc is yellow and the age limit circle is skew? In this edition on the manual the circle is missing. On the normal edition the circle is there and the disc is red. I look the pictures and I think the circles are only stickers. Anyone can give me information?

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:48 AM Edited by Helegad, 22 December 2016 - 04:51 AM.

Looks like a European regional release modified for sale in the UK. Doesn't look like anything special here. Might be a first pressing that they forgot the ratings logo on. Remember DMA hired a lawyer to kick up a stink about the game's content, so the red 18 is part of the marketing here too.

• DimitriFaustin likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:06 AM

Looks like a European regional release modified for sale in the UK. Doesn't look like anything special here. Might be a first pressing that they forgot the ratings logo on. Remember DMA hired a lawyer to kick up a stink about the game's content, so the red 18 is part of the marketing here too.

Either that, or a bootleg.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:36 AM

Pretty sure that's not a bootleg, bootlegs don't come with all the goodies this one has.

totyak
  • totyak

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:47 PM

That's quite sure it's a UK release. Maybe you're right, but who modified and why? Neither do I think it is special. The logo lack is okay, perhaps they forgotten, but the yellow disc is very interesting. I think this is a wrong pressure or something fake edition. I knew just three big box release so far.

1. DMA & BMG logo, red disc, age limit everywhere
2. DMA & Take2 logo, red disc, age limit everywhere (Take2 acquires BMG and they relabelled first the BMG logo onto Take2 logo later print already with Take2 logo)
3. Limited Edition release: DMA & BMG logo in the front but back relabelled onto the Take2 logo, purple disc, purple soundtrack, age limit everywhere

I hope someone will be able to say something real information.

jm-9
  • jm-9

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:48 PM Edited by jm-9, 26 January 2017 - 12:55 AM.

I have the yellow disc version, in addition to #2 above (DMA &Take2), though I don't have the big box or maps of the latter. The yellow disc, from what I can tell, is possibly the very first release of GTA anywhere in the world, since GTA 1 was released in Europe first, in 1997. It's got the BMG logo on the packaging and in the intro to the game. No mention of Take2 anywhere, so it hadn't been acquired yet. The age rating is indeed missing from the CD case. It's also possible that #1 above came out first, though. Anyway, it's definitely not a bootleg.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users