Quantcast

» «
Photo

If there was a "Stories" game for San Andreas...

38 replies to this topic
watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

I know it's probably too late to make a stories game for San Andreas at this point, but it I were to make one, I'd call it "GTA Los Santos Stories". Here's the premise:

It was the 1980s, where the Grove Street Families were founded by Sean "Sweet" Johnson and became the biggest gang in Los Santos. Now, in the early 90s, things had changed. Drugs are now introduced in the hood, undermining the Grove Street Families members. To make matters worse, Sweet's mother Beverly undergoes a heart condition, which would require a transplant in order to save her life. While being in contact with a loan shark named Black Jack, who has agreed to help the Grove Street Families clean the hood in exchange to pay him back the money Sweet loaned him, Sweet now has to work his way to earn enough money to pay back Black Jack and his mother's heart transplant at the same time while keeping his hood safe from any drug dealers, base slingers, and of course, the Grove Street Families' rivals The Ballas.

So I decided that if there was a "Stories" game based on San Andreas, I'd have the storyline somewhere around that premise so it would be more cohesive and have it set a year before the events of San Andreas.

• Evil empire, ROCKSTAR MANIC, Errbahdy and 2 others like this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:05 PM

I'd put it honestly from a different angle. I was thinking once about a story centered around Little Weasel, the one you kill in Doberman and how CRASH convinced him to work for them and all. You'd be an ally to the GSF all the time, yet you'd kill them if you had to and you also got good contacts with the Ballas. It would've been interesting, perhaps Tony, Little/Big Devil or anyone like that could get killed by him.

• Errbahdy, Payne Killer, Honker1944 and 1 other like this

Two And Three
  • Two And Three

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:42 PM

That sounds cool. I really wish that would happen. We could also see other characters and their interactions. Maybe Sweet isn't the best character to choose, but I can't come up with any other so whatever. We could see the transformation of Truth into a conspiracy theorists. Find out more about C.R.A.S.H. And maybe even see CJ for a short time. It would be cool to see the game from the percpective of Big Smoke and how he betrays Sweet. I thing the game would take place somewhere in 1989 or 1990. And maybe some of the stations would change. 

• Jeansowaty likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:27 PM Edited by Official General, 23 December 2016 - 08:27 PM.

I continue it from the mid-1990s, just after the events of the original San Andreas, circa 1994. The main character would be Caesar and the focus would be on the drug trade, Hispanic gangs, and drug cartels, but still involvement with Ballas and Families.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

The new age of Bowling is here!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:40 PM Edited by B Dawg, 23 December 2016 - 08:45 PM.

An alternate universe game with Ryder as the protagonist and where he doesn't die to CJ :p

Starts some time before the events of San Andreas, and ends somewhere around Venturas where he and Smoke pull off their own heist (at either Four Dragons or Caligulas) or after expanding their drug empire all over the San Andreas state, after which they life happily ever after as drug lords! (f*ck Sweet and his anti-drug pushing propaganda!)

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

They said real nikkas was dead but this nikka be alive.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:38 AM Edited by Still Madd, 24 December 2016 - 12:39 AM.

A game where you play as Ralph Pendelbury and you initiate the chaos and the crack epidemic in 1987, minors characters would include mentioned ones in cutscenes: Brian, Little/Big Devil, etc. - you play as a CRASH member and your focus is stopping the gang activity but you get dragged in to the dark side by Tenpenny and Pulaski.

You start as a good cop and the way the storyline goes by you get used to the drug trade and stuff.

The Grove Street Families play a big role in the storyline so does CRASH ofc.

• ROCKSTAR MANIC, Xiled and DOUGL4S1 like this

gui7814
  • gui7814

Player Hater

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:56 AM

I think gta san andreas stories would be in the year 1990, the protagonist was going to be sweet and would tell about the story of the mother of the cj (beverly) before dying

Niehski
  • Niehski

Think Different

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

Imo it would have to be about why big smoke ordered two number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda.
  • Gokuzbu, Gaghet and ITz_cLaude_bAB like this

Kizoky
  • Kizoky

Reality is illusion

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:27 PM

Would be cool If we could control 2 protagonists, Sweet, and Big Smoke
We don't know about Big Smoke's past unfortunately, It would be great

watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:40 PM

Would be cool If we could control 2 protagonists, Sweet, and Big Smoke
We don't know about Big Smoke's past unfortunately, It would be great

We can say the same thing about Ryder. At least Big Smoke had an important role in the story, unlike Ryder. It would be cool to play as Sweet, Big Smoke, and Ryder.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:54 PM Edited by GTA-Biker, 26 January 2017 - 09:57 PM.

I think it would be good if they made a game set in late 80s San Andreas,showing what happened to CJ's younger brother,and why exactly did CJ leave Los Santos (was he feeling so much guilt, was Sweet accusing him of not trying to save their brother, was he afraid he would be the next target...).

Maybe the protagonist could be Sweet, Big Bear or some other GSF member (since it's unlikely they would use the same protagonist twice).

Gaghet
  • Gaghet

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:42 PM Edited by Gaghet, 26 January 2017 - 10:43 PM.

I just think that they worked on Stories game for SA, but probably limitations of a handheld PSP (because Stories games are handheld at first) and need in a people to make GTA IV made them scrap everything they had, so the game never gone farther than a little working prototype which will never see the light.

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

Pull up on you with the Draco 'BaNg bAnG!'

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:52 PM

I just think that they worked on Stories game for SA, but probably limitations of a handheld PSP (because Stories games are handheld at first) and need in a people to make GTA IV made them scrap everything they had, so the game never gone farther than a little working prototype which will never see the light.

They were working on a San Andreas stories, but the map was too big for the PSP lol

Paul72
  • Paul72

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 January 2017 - 05:32 AM Edited by Paul72, 28 January 2017 - 05:32 AM.

If they did make a Los Santos Stories game, the characters that would most likely become the protagonists are Sweet, Ryder, Big Bear, and Ryder's homie LB. In fact they should split all three cities in a game per Stories

GTA Las Venturas Stories - Set in 1974, you can play as Tenpenny and see how his life was like before he became corrupted.

GTA San Fierro Stories - Set in 1989, you can play as Toreno and we get a deeper understanding of the Loco Syndicate.

GTA Los Santos Stories - Set in 1991, you can play as either one of the characters I mentioned above and we can get a better understanding of the Grove Street Families.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

If they did make a Los Santos Stories game, the characters that would most likely become the protagonists are Sweet, Ryder, Big Bear, and Ryder's homie LB. In fact they should split all three cities in a game per Stories

GTA Las Venturas Stories - Set in 1974, you can play as Tenpenny and see how his life was like before he became corrupted.

GTA San Fierro Stories - Set in 1989, you can play as Toreno and we get a deeper understanding of the Loco Syndicate.

GTA Los Santos Stories - Set in 1991, you can play as either one of the characters I mentioned above and we can get a better understanding of the Grove Street Families.

how about the map, would R bother splitting it like that? Isn't that then gonna be too small and require extra work to fill the void?

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Snitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

If SA stories has 3 protagonists, I would use these characters:

Big Bear (Los Santos): Many people have stated their reason, so I don't think I need to explain it again. Also CJ was exited when Ryder suggested to bring Big Bear as a back-up on Cleaning The Hood Mission. We could see how badass he was before drugs ruined him.

Woozie (San Fierro): I think some people have said thar Woozie isn't a naturally blind? We could see how he worked up to the top until Ran Fa Li trusted him to be a Triads leader. We could see how he got blinded as well.

Mickey (Las Venturas): Remember the guy that got whacked in "The Introduction"? He used to be running Caligula Palace before Sal suggested Rosenberg. Similar to Woozie, we could see how he rised up in Sindacco until Paulie trusted him to be Caligula's manager. We had opportunities to play as a Forrelli member (Tommy...until he builed up his own gang of course) and a Leone member (Toni) so why not playing as a Sindaco member?
  • Kostadinoff and Paul72 like this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

how about the map, would R bother splitting it like that? Isn't that then gonna be too small and require extra work to fill the void?

Isn't each island larger than the whole of Vice City/Liberty City anyways?  I don't see why a 'void' would need filled in truth.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 January 2017 - 09:42 PM

1. Don't wanna play as a cop, it's GTA, I'm supposed to be a confirmed career criminal. Don't care to know about Tenpenny's life as a good cop either - all I know is that he's a corrupt, slimy b*stard cop that needs to be killed eventually.

2. Mike Toreno is a government agent, so no I don't wanna play as him, I want to play as an outright criminal, as I normally would in GTA. We already have an understanding of the Loco Syndicate, they are a ruthless, dangerous Hispanic drugs cartel based in San Fierro that supply Los Santos gangs with cocaine. What else is there to know ?

3. Play as Tennpeny or Mike Toreno in Los Santos doing what exactly ? Hangin' out with the Families and Ballas at barbecues and hip hop parties ? Don't be silly.

Paul72
  • Paul72

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:14 AM Edited by Paul72, 01 February 2017 - 03:15 AM.

1. Don't wanna play as a cop, it's GTA, I'm supposed to be a confirmed career criminal. Don't care to know about Tenpenny's life as a good cop either - all I know is that he's a corrupt, slimy b*stard cop that needs to be killed eventually.

2. Mike Toreno is a government agent, so no I don't wanna play as him, I want to play as an outright criminal, as I normally would in GTA. We already have an understanding of the Loco Syndicate, they are a ruthless, dangerous Hispanic drugs cartel based in San Fierro that supply Los Santos gangs with cocaine. What else is there to know ?

3. Play as Tennpeny or Mike Toreno in Los Santos doing what exactly ? Hangin' out with the Families and Ballas at barbecues and hip hop parties ? Don't be silly.

1. Well you got a point. Still though, it would be interesting to see how Tenpenny was living before his police days.

2. Well you're probably right. I would play as Woozie, but then you'd be playing as a blind man. So I'd rather play as a MCB member with Woozie as a side character of this one.

3. I didn't mean them. I meant the characters I mentioned before them: Sweet, Big Bear, B-Dup, or Ryder's homie LB. I thought about Ryder being the protagonist. But then I decided that he would make a much more interesting character if he was just the side character along with Big Smoke, you know have both of them play a similar role as Lance Vance in VCS, only much more useful. So yeah. The characters most likely to be the protagonist of this Stories game would be Sweet, Big Bear, B-Dup, or Ryder's homie LB.

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:17 AM Edited by Natz_83, 02 February 2017 - 10:21 AM.

3. I didn't mean them. I meant the characters I mentioned before them: Sweet, Big Bear, B-Dup, or Ryder's homie LB. I thought about Ryder being the protagonist. But then I decided that he would make a much more interesting character if he was just the side character along with Big Smoke, you know have both of them play a similar role as Lance Vance in VCS, only much more useful. So yeah. The characters most likely to be the protagonist of this Stories game would be Sweet, Big Bear, B-Dup, or Ryder's homie LB.

Regarding point 3, isn't Ryder already similar in respect to Lance Vance?  They aid you through various missions within the game then double cross you in the end sequence?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:54 PM Edited by lil weasel, 01 February 2017 - 03:56 PM.

Regarding point 3, isn't Ryder already similar in respect to Lance?

Lance Wilson IS Ryder

EVERYBODY: Take Note: Stop with the Huge Quote Trains. Edit them down to what counts.

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:00 PM

Lance Wilson IS Ryder

I was referring to Lance Vance, I should have made that more clear.

But yeah I feel between Ryder/Smoke they were basically along the lines of Lance Vance, aided you at areas, but ultimately double crossed you in the end.

Paul72
  • Paul72

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:46 PM Edited by lil weasel, 01 February 2017 - 05:52 PM. remove quote train.

<< YOU DON'T NEED TO MAKE A HUGE QUOTE TRAIN >>

Yeah. Only difference is that Lance Vance is much dumber.

• Natasha likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:02 AM

1. Well you got a point. Still though, it would be interesting to see how Tenpenny was living before his police days.

2. Well you're probably right. I would play as Woozie, but then you'd be playing as a blind man. So I'd rather play as a MCB member with Woozie as a side character of this one.

For number 3, I totally forgot you mentioned CJ's brother Sweet, and his homies from Los Santos, so that's a mistake on my part. However, I still think it's pointless playing as Sweet or any of CJ's homies in an SA expansion, it just don't make much sense and serves little purpose, as the theme would inevitably be the same as the original SA - revolving around gang warfare between the Families and Ballas in the ghettos of Los Santos. Since the Families and Ballas were already engaging in gang wars with each other before CJ's return to LS, there'd be not much difference with what happened then, so therefore it's not really worth using them. Even worse, the Families were losing badly to the Ballas before CJ's return, so a Stories expansion based on that before 1992 would further not make sense at all.

I reckon Caesar would make a better Stories protagonist, the Mexican gang and drug stuff could be touched on, something different.

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:25 AM

I reckon Caesar would make a better Stories protagonist, the Mexican gang and drug stuff could be touched on, something different.

I would be more inclined to go that route too, but then again you could also argue as to why start in LS. Why not start off life as a betrayed Triad in SF slowly rebuilding sometime around the late 90's or even jump back to the 70's by all means.

The trouble is we start seeing alot of similarities between protagonists because at the end of the day, there's only so many introductions people can have, and it is a Grand Theft Auto game, and aim's all eventually allign to the same goal per se.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2017 - 01:02 AM

I would be more inclined to go that route too, but then again you could also argue as to why start in LS. Why not start off life as a betrayed Triad in SF slowly rebuilding sometime around the late 90's or even jump back to the 70's by all means.

The trouble is we start seeing alot of similarities between protagonists because at the end of the day, there's only so many introductions people can have, and it is a Grand Theft Auto game, and aim's all eventually allign to the same goal per se.

A Triad stories in SF would go down well, but there is already a Chinatown Stories with a Triad protagonist. I'd rather the Mexican gang and drug angle with the relevant protagonist, of which that would fit Caesar, as it's not been done in GTA before. It would have to start in LS as it's the main hub of Mexican gang and drug cartel activity as LA is in real life.

• Natasha likes this

Natasha
  • Natasha

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:47 AM

A Triad stories in SF would go down well, but there is already a Chinatown Stories with a Triad protagonist. I'd rather the Mexican gang and drug angle with the relevant protagonist, of which that would fit Caesar, as it's not been done in GTA before. It would have to start in LS as it's the main hub of Mexican gang and drug cartel activity as LA is in real life.

Having never played CW I couldn't have told you that. Pardon my ignorance.
  • Official General likes this

Atari-Dude
  • Atari-Dude

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 April 2017 - 12:57 AM

Well I'd call it "Grand Theft Auto: Episodes of the East Coast". It would not take place in San Andreas (For the most part), but actually CJ in Liberty City. It would show the events leading to his departure from Grove Street (Then known as Orange Grove Street), and what he did in LC.

Kaniel Outis
  • Kaniel Outis

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:05 AM

A stories game once again would focus on a prequel and events that led to the part where we know how San Andreas started. Set 3 to 5 years before the original storyline, sheding light on minor characters or people who were not a part of the original San Andreas storyline.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 04 April 2017 - 02:28 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 04 April 2017 - 02:28 AM.

i would want to know about the details on big bear and the orange grove successful beginning

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users