Photo

Telltale's: The Walking Dead series

70 replies to this topic
Maxx1013
  • Maxx1013

Overtime Shootout sucks

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:31 AM Edited by maxx1013, 31 December 2016 - 11:34 AM.

I couldn't wait any longer and just bought it and I'm glad I did. It has been pretty good so far but one thing I'm disappointed in is that all my choices for season 1 and 2 meant nothing. 

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

The illusion of choices is what seems to turn people off. Even though they advertise that the game adapts to your choices, I'd take that statement with a grain of salt. I enjoy the story and characters and don't go into it thinking, "I can't wait to make choices and see what happens in future seasons!" I learned not to be harmed by choices from Mass Effect,

Pretty sh*t way to show Kenny/Jane though. Besides that and the length of the episodes I thoroughly enjoyed it.

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

They could make a fully choice affected game with hundrets of different paths and infinite replay value. I'd pay 60 bucks for that!

The choices can be very hard, like the final choice at the end of season 2. Not to spoil anything, but I did something I really didn't want to do, but I felt it was the only right thing to do. Put thaf person out of his misery. Glad at least that choice had some weight.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

It'd be nice for them to step away from the episodic content for one game, just to see if they can put all resources into it and make a huge TellTale game. Something tells me they are going to milk the episodic content, unfortunately.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

After watching a friend play the first episode, I decided to go out and get this. The new character is interesting, I decided to do an "asshole" playthrough of it though seeing as I did WD 1/2 that way my first times. Though I do question if a certain character could have survived had I chose differently. :/

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:08 PM Edited by DOOM!, 01 January 2017 - 10:09 PM.

Unfortunately not... I've replayed the episode 3 times and there isn't any hope. Pretty tragic, had a bad feeling about that whole scene but still shocking none the less.

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

Formally known as dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:34 AM Edited by PhoGarrett, 04 February 2017 - 06:35 AM.

The way they handled Jane and Kenny's absence from "season 3" was such a kick to the balls to fans of the 2nd season that I don't think Telltale even cares anymore. They know that they have a niche market that'll cave in to buy their products without them having to try as hard as they can.

Does TellTale not realize that three narratives branching off of your decisions from Season 2 to essentially create a Season 3, 4, and 5 would be ambitious and awesome if done right?

TT: lol no have fun with some randies that we pulled out of our asses while we were having coffee haha

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:23 AM

Just to bring this up again, but when the hell is episode 3 being released?

I can't believe I played the first two back in December and now it's coming to the end of March and still nothing.:/

EDIT: Nevermind. It's March 28.

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

Other than the issue with choices  not mattering in the past I'm also hoping it's longer than before. Fun game

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:24 PM

I loved season 1 and also The Wolf Among Us, but after that it got a bit stale.

No gameplay does that to a game I spose.

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:09 PM

Episode 3 is released tomorrow, finally.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:53 PM

I currently have episode 3 downloading now

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:23 PM

A lot of choices in episode 3, I wonder how many of them will matter though.

Spoiler

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:10 AM

I didn't have a problem with it. It is was a improvement from the first two episodes, and I went full on 'f*ck Davids plan, f*ck this place, and f*ck these assholes' Javi. Which was pleasantly satisfying.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

I absolutly loved going full Negan on Badger, it felt good
  • EvolvedWalker likes this

EvolvedWalker
  • EvolvedWalker

sepi

• GTAF Crew
  • Ireland

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:08 PM

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:35 PM Edited by fashion, 20 April 2017 - 05:36 PM.

Episode 2.5 coming so soon?

(1 and 2 felt easily like a single episode and 3 was way too short as well. What the hell telltale?)

I'm not even excited anymore about telltale games as I once was. I didn't even watch the vid but the image already spoiled too much of what's coming..

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:54 PM

Very stoked, can't wait!

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:12 AM

I actually really liked this episode. Goddamn cliffhangers though.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2017 - 09:51 AM Edited by Craig, 26 April 2017 - 11:53 AM. Spoiler

Game spoiler. - Craig

Spoiler

• Target13 and EvolvedWalker like this

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:49 AM Edited by fashion, 26 April 2017 - 10:51 AM.

I'd spoiler tag it if I were you. Just saying.
Spoiler

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

I'm really like this season despite the episode length.
Spoiler

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:02 PM

Sorry about that, my phone doesnt have that option

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Ghost

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:36 PM

Spoiler

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:46 PM

Finished Season 2 yesterday, I was a bit unsure if I should go back and change the ending, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference for s3... 

Not sure if I should wait a bit more for ep5 of s4 or start playing now. I guess I'll give the Michonne eps a try first. 

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:39 PM

I loved episode 4 throughout. Never have I ever been more scared to lose characters in this final episode in any other Telltale installment. I genuinely did not expect anything to happen that happened in that episode. A few of them were complete "what the f*ck" moments. I love it though. Can't wait for episode 5. 

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:34 PM Edited by trip, 04 May 2017 - 07:50 PM.

I played all of season 1, season 2, and Michonne. All very enjoyable. And I have no history or background with The Walking Dead. My only exposure is through the Telltale games.

I'm currently playing A New Frontier and I have (what I think is funny) an anecdote from lastnight.

I had to interact with a character named Tripp. Yup. Heck, even if it was a 2 p Trip I still felt a connection...a brotherhood.

The problem is I tailered all of my dialog responses to make if better for my namesake. They may have even been the wrong dialog choices but because they involved Tripp I couldn't be negative by any stretch.

I probably f*cked up my whole game because I was soft towards a character only because we have the same name.
  • DOOM! and PoeticWhisper like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

• None

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

I played all of season 1, season 2, and Michonne. All very enjoyable. And I have no history or background with The Walking Dead. My only exposure is through the Telltale games.

I'm currently playing A New Frontier and I have (what I think is funny) an anecdote from lastnight.

I had to interact with a character named Tripp. Yup. Heck, even if it was a 2 p Trip I still felt a connection...a brotherhood.

The problem is I tailered all of my dialog responses to make if better for my namesake. They may have even been the wrong dialog choices but because they involved Tripp I couldn't be negative by any stretch.

I probably f*cked up my whole game because I was soft towards a character only because we have the same name.

I was soft with Tripp too. Don't worry about it. He's the homie. 

• trip likes this

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

If you enjoy Telltale's take on the walking dead, then I would definitely recommend checking out the comics.

I also loved Tripp but got on his sh*t side real quick.
  • trip likes this

xxi
  • xxi

• Members
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 30 May 2017 - 04:22 PM Edited by XXI, 30 May 2017 - 04:23 PM.

The character is Kate, not Katy. I hope she turns, she was getting on my last nerve. It's May 30th and they said the finale episode would be available.. but guess what? It still says episode 5 coming soon.

😑
  • trip likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users