Photo

Telltale's: The Walking Dead series

39 replies to this topic
maxx1013
  • maxx1013

Jet hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:31 AM Edited by maxx1013, 31 December 2016 - 11:34 AM.

I couldn't wait any longer and just bought it and I'm glad I did. It has been pretty good so far but one thing I'm disappointed in is that all my choices for season 1 and 2 meant nothing. 

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

The illusion of choices is what seems to turn people off. Even though they advertise that the game adapts to your choices, I'd take that statement with a grain of salt. I enjoy the story and characters and don't go into it thinking, "I can't wait to make choices and see what happens in future seasons!" I learned not to be harmed by choices from Mass Effect,

Pretty sh*t way to show Kenny/Jane though. Besides that and the length of the episodes I thoroughly enjoyed it.

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

They could make a fully choice affected game with hundrets of different paths and infinite replay value. I'd pay 60 bucks for that!

The choices can be very hard, like the final choice at the end of season 2. Not to spoil anything, but I did something I really didn't want to do, but I felt it was the only right thing to do. Put thaf person out of his misery. Glad at least that choice had some weight.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:49 PM

It'd be nice for them to step away from the episodic content for one game, just to see if they can put all resources into it and make a huge TellTale game. Something tells me they are going to milk the episodic content, unfortunately.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

After watching a friend play the first episode, I decided to go out and get this. The new character is interesting, I decided to do an "asshole" playthrough of it though seeing as I did WD 1/2 that way my first times. Though I do question if a certain character could have survived had I chose differently. :/

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:08 PM Edited by DOOM!, 01 January 2017 - 10:09 PM.

Unfortunately not... I've replayed the episode 3 times and there isn't any hope. Pretty tragic, had a bad feeling about that whole scene but still shocking none the less.

PhoGarrett
  • PhoGarrett

Formally known as dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:34 AM Edited by PhoGarrett, 04 February 2017 - 06:35 AM.

The way they handled Jane and Kenny's absence from "season 3" was such a kick to the balls to fans of the 2nd season that I don't think Telltale even cares anymore. They know that they have a niche market that'll cave in to buy their products without them having to try as hard as they can.

Does TellTale not realize that three narratives branching off of your decisions from Season 2 to essentially create a Season 3, 4, and 5 would be ambitious and awesome if done right?

TT: lol no have fun with some randies that we pulled out of our asses while we were having coffee haha

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

Just to bring this up again, but when the hell is episode 3 being released?

I can't believe I played the first two back in December and now it's coming to the end of March and still nothing.:/

EDIT: Nevermind. It's March 28.

Mukkus
  • Mukkus

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Other than the issue with choices  not mattering in the past I'm also hoping it's longer than before. Fun game

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 3 days ago

I loved season 1 and also The Wolf Among Us, but after that it got a bit stale.

No gameplay does that to a game I spose.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users