» «
Photo

Telltale's: The Walking Dead series

58 replies to this topic
MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:01 AM

Who else is a big fan of these games? I actually played the first two seasons a few weeks back in preparation for A New Frontier. I also got the Michonne spinoff.

Speaking of which A New Frontier is now available to download. I just got the season pass. Looking forward to seeing how the story plays out. We can play as Clementine and a guy named Javier.:)

• trip, Son of Zeus and EvolvedWalker like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:04 AM

I love TWD games man. I played Season 1 back in 2013 and pre-ordered Season 2. I ain't got the cash for Season 3 right now, but I realllly want it. 

• MiamiViceCity likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:06 AM

I love TWD games man. I played Season 1 back in 2013 and pre-ordered Season 2. I ain't got the cash for Season 3 right now, but I realllly want it. 

I thought it was going to be a 2017 release, but yeah went onto the Xbox store and saw the first couple of episodes are now available. Well technically it's one episode split into two parts according to the wiki page.

Anyway I played season 1 on 360 in 2012, but I got season 2 on my XB1 so the choices didn't carry over so I bought season 1 on the XB1. I just love these games (like the show). Clementine's such a great character, but I wish Lee was still apart of it. He was awesome.

• PoeticWhisper likes this

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Creatively Constipated

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:14 AM

I was actually really surprised that Telltale was going to release it this month. So f*cking hyped for it too as I just finished my playthroughs for both seasons + the Michonne mini-series.

Feels apropos. 

• trip, MiamiViceCity and PoeticWhisper like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:15 PM

Season 1 was great, a nice variety of choices. Lee was great, I pretty much think about Lee every time his voice actor does another role because Lee was that memorable.

Season 2 was kinda meh. Probably because most of the plot was the "Let's All Hate Kenny Hour".

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Creatively Constipated

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:12 PM

Kenny was definitely a hard character to like in Season 2 lol. Straight up hardass to the end, but I stayed loyal because I knew he would also.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

negan is awsome.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:30 PM

i love the walking dead. the game series is awsome. i know people dont like season 2 as much as season 1 but i still like it. i also really liked the telltale michonne miniseries. although i really wish it had more episodes and backstory. it felt kind of rushed. i like the new season so far. i think javier is a great character. i know a lot of people hated him because he was stealing clems thunder but i still think he is a great addition to the walking dead.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:39 PM Edited by D9fred95, 20 December 2016 - 08:43 PM.

Kenny was definitely a hard character to like in Season 2 lol. Straight up hardass to the end, but I stayed loyal because I knew he would also.

I never really understood the group's hatred of Kenny. Most of the nonsense in S2 wasn't even his doing yet they're all like "This is all your fault".

Kenny was rough around the edges but most of the stuff was a case of disaster dominoes due to Carver's meddling.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:58 PM

I never really understood the group's hatred of Kenny. Most of the nonsense in S2 wasn't even his doing yet they're all like "This is all your fault".

Kenny was rough around the edges but most of the stuff was a case of disaster dominoes due to Carver's meddling.

For the bolded, are we remembering things differently? Because I don't remember Kenny being blamed for much besides things that can (determinately) be his fault (such as Alvin's death)

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:44 PM

I only played a few episodes of the first season. It was quite interesting but felt very artificial in its emotional manipulation. Also, zombies. Sorry, but anything with zombies gets a minus trillion points and there are only very few things that can overcome that (such as TLOU or Zombieland).

Telltale got better at it as time went on - The Wolf Among Us is fantastic, and even Game of Thrones kept me interested until the end despite the horrible technical issues. I plan to get that Batman thing when the whole series is released. But TWD... Not really seeing any reason to come back to it.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:00 AM

For the bolded, are we remembering things differently? Because I don't remember Kenny being blamed for much besides things that can (determinately) be his fault (such as Alvin's death)

They pretty much blamed Kenny for everything. After Luke's death, Bonnie says that their situation is his fault entirely. This is despite Bonnie being directly responsible for it in both choices. The group wanted to leave because "he's crazy". Yeah, because going to Texas which is who knows how far with who knows what's there or back to Carver's compound full of Walkers and angry survivalists is so much much saner than trying Wellington.

They give him a hard time for wanting to go to a nearby town the next day since Rebecca just went through childbirth. This is despite their location at the time being structurely unsound, just had a herd of walkers all over it. and with few resources within it. Not to mention waiting a few days like the group wanted changes nothing, things still go sour the same way.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:10 AM

I only played a few episodes of the first season. It was quite interesting but felt very artificial in its emotional manipulation. Also, zombies. Sorry, but anything with zombies gets a minus trillion points and there are only very few things that can overcome that (such as TLOU or Zombieland).

Telltale got better at it as time went on - The Wolf Among Us is fantastic, and even Game of Thrones kept me interested until the end despite the horrible technical issues. I plan to get that Batman thing when the whole series is released. But TWD... Not really seeing any reason to come back to it.

The thing I like about TWD is it's not just about killing zombies (or walkers as they called in TWD).

The first season had its issues like clunky controls and such, but it's become better over time IMO.

I played the first episode of A New Frontier and it seems like the focus is on Javier with Clementine as a supporting protagonist. I don't know if that's going to be the trend however it feels a bit weird seeing as Clem was such an important character in the first couple of seasons.

I am looking forward to seeing how it develops.:)

Fallcreek
  • Fallcreek

Creatively Constipated

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:05 AM Edited by Fallcreek, 21 December 2016 - 10:08 AM.

I like the angle of how we're seeing Clementine now. It kind of reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 2 where we see Solid Snake more as a ..mentor or something. He's able to share his wisdom and stuff more often while Raiden takes on the role of being clueless like he was back in MGS1. While this isn't exactly like that, it's just an interesting way to see her now because it gives her character a new dimension.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:35 AM

They pretty much blamed Kenny for everything. After Luke's death, Bonnie says that their situation is his fault entirely. This is despite Bonnie being directly responsible for it in both choices. The group wanted to leave because "he's crazy". Yeah, because going to Texas which is who knows how far with who knows what's there or back to Carver's compound full of Walkers and angry survivalists is so much much saner than trying Wellington.

They give him a hard time for wanting to go to a nearby town the next day since Rebecca just went through childbirth. This is despite their location at the time being structurely unsound, just had a herd of walkers all over it. and with few resources within it. Not to mention waiting a few days like the group wanted changes nothing, things still go sour the same way.
A) Wellington isn't what makes them think he's going crazy, it's his treatment of arvo that makes them afraid of him (and don't you think that's a reasonable reason to be scared of him)
B) they didn't give him a hard time, they simply said, "hey Rebecca needs a few days rest" followed by debating it. Kenny thought it could be a mistake, but still could eventually agree to it.

The only time they gave Kenny a hard time was during episode 5, and that was because of his treatment of arvo

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:30 PM Edited by D9fred95, 21 December 2016 - 06:47 PM.

A) Wellington isn't what makes them think he's going crazy, it's his treatment of arvo that makes them afraid of him (and don't you think that's a reasonable reason to be scared of him)
B) they didn't give him a hard time, they simply said, "hey Rebecca needs a few days rest" followed by debating it. Kenny thought it could be a mistake, but still could eventually agree to it.

The only time they gave Kenny a hard time was during episode 5, and that was because of his treatment of arvo

A) Arvo tried to kill the group and managed to injure at least two. The group was in a bad way at that point in the story and they all just nearly died, depending if you took the meds, it could be a completely unjustified attack. Yet the group are surprisingly forgiving having nearly died considering the Russians had at least one shotgun and one AK at point blank range. I would'nt blame Kenny for being pissed, after all the crap the group has been through now they got a potential unjustified attack on them and he's being yelled at for being pissed at the remaining survivor.

B)Arvo was most of it but like I said, Bonnie blamed everything on Kenny after Luke died. She could've mean't it a different way but their situation at the time was literally no way Kenny's fault. Arvo was the one who suggested his house which the group agreed with, Kenny wanted to kill him, which is a dickheaded move but understandable considering they went through hell for a few days and nearly died again due to a hostile group. Luke's death was Bonnie's fault, none of Kenny's actions caused that. And the Russians were either unjustified or it was Clem and Jane's fault if you took the meds. It got to the point they wanted to steal the truck, I personally wouldn't think they'd make such a big choice because Kenny was angry at someone.

I'll have to read up on the Rebecca part again if that's the case.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

A) Arvo tried to kill the group and managed to injure at least two. The group was in a bad way at that point in the story and they all just nearly died, depending if you took the meds, it could be a completely unjustified attack. Yet the group are surprisingly forgiving having nearly died considering the Russians had at least one shotgun and one AK at point blank range. I would'nt blame Kenny for being pissed, after all the crap the group has been through now they got a potential unjustified attack on them and he's being yelled at for being pissed at the remaining survivor.

They didn't forgive arvo, but they also didn't think that beating and berating him constantly like Kenny was doing was right either. Him being pissed at arvo wasn't the problem, it was what he was doing because of his anger that was the problem

B)Arvo was most of it but like I said, Bonnie blamed everything on Kenny after Luke died. She could've mean't it a different way but their situation at the time was literally no way Kenny's fault. Arvo was the one who suggested his house which the group agreed with, Kenny wanted to kill him, which is a dickheaded move but understandable considering they went through hell for a few days and nearly died again due to a hostile group. Luke's death was Bonnie's fault, none of Kenny's actions caused that. And the Russians were either unjustified or it was Clem and Jane's fault if you took the meds. It got to the point they wanted to steal the truck, I personally wouldn't think they'd make such a big choice because Kenny was angry at someone.

She blamed Kenny probably because everything got disrupted by arvo attempting to run from Kenny and Kenny running after him
I'll have to read up on the Rebecca part again if that's the case.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Census]
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:42 PM

Just installed...I'm excited.

The Telltale Walking Dead games are my only exposure to the lore, story, whatever... I've never seen a minute of the TV show nor read any of the comic books.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:27 PM Edited by D9fred95, 21 December 2016 - 11:51 PM.

They didn't forgive arvo, but they also didn't think that beating and berating him constantly like Kenny was doing was right either. Him being pissed at arvo wasn't the problem, it was what he was doing because of his anger that was the problem

She blamed Kenny probably because everything got disrupted by arvo attempting to run from Kenny and Kenny running after him

They didn't outright forgive him yes, but they don't seem to take much issue with the attack afterwards. You could say they're trying to be more human compared to the other monsters out there I guess. Despite that though, directly after the attack Mike's chewing Kenny out even though Mike himself was shot mere minutes ago due to Arvo's actions. You'd think the group would be more peeved, especially when just before the attack they were freezing and just had one of their own die and are stuck with a newborn with little food. I'm all up for the group warming up overtime to a previous threat, but the way it happens here seems like just an excuse to say "Kenny's bad".

As for Bonnie's comment, she's in the wrong. Luke would've been screwed even if everyone was calm. Worse yet, it was specifically stated that everyone should spread out to keep the ice from cracking, yet Clem, Bonnie and Luke are all in close proximity to each other. Kenny had nothing to do with that. They were close to the house, but not actually at it. What if Arvo got a gun or something, can't take the risk. Even with his limp, something could still happen. Luke died because Bonnie wouldn't listen. That was still Bonnie's fault. Bonus points if you don't help Luke, in which she blames Clem as well.

Anyway I'm pretty sure we spoiled most of S2 for anyone who hasn't played it yet. I think we should just agree to disagree on this since we've both made our points and I'm not sure how long a discussion like this can go on for.

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:53 PM

They didn't outright forgive him yes, but they don't seem to take much issue with the attack afterwards. You could say they're trying to be more human compared to the other monsters out there I guess. Despite that though, directly after the attack Mike's chewing Kenny out even though Mike himself was shot mere minutes ago due to Arvo's actions. You'd think the group would be more peeved, especially when just before the attack they were freezing and just had one of their own die and are stuck with a newborn with little food. I'm all up for the group warming up overtime to a previous threat, but the way it happens here seems like just an excuse to say "Kenny's bad".

As for Bonnie's comment, she's in the wrong. Luke would've been screwed even if everyone was calm. Worse yet, it was specifically stated that everyone should spread out to keep the ice from cracking, yet Clem, Bonnie and Luke are all in close proximity to each other. Kenny had nothing to do with that. They were close to the house, but not actually at it. What if Arvo got a gun or something, can't take the risk. Even with his limp, something could still happen. Luke died because Bonnie wouldn't listen. That was still Bonnie's fault. Bonus points if you don't help Luke, in which she blames Clem as well.

Anyway I'm pretty sure we spoiled most of S2 for anyone who hasn't played it yet. I think we should just agree to disagree on this since we've both made our points and I'm not sure how long a discussion like this can go on for.
Uh, I hope you know that I agree with you XD

I'm just saying the reasons they felt that way

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:57 PM

Just installed...I'm excited.
The Telltale Walking Dead games are my only exposure to the lore, story, whatever... I've never seen a minute of the TV show nor read any of the comic books.

When I started playing the playing the games I only watch a few episodes of the show and I've never read the comics. The games made me a fan of the show rather than the other way around.:)
  • trip and Fallcreek like this

maxx1013
  • maxx1013

Jet hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 12:51 AM

I love everything related to The Walking Dead but $45 fu*k that I'll try to wait for it to come on sale.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:47 AM

I love everything related to The Walking Dead but $45 fu*k that I'll try to wait for it to come on sale.

It's about the same as buying the retail versions new in the shop... well for us Aussies. Though I got season 1 pre-owned for like $15 with the 400 Days DLC.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:24 AM

Uh, I hope you know that I agree with you XD
I'm just saying the reasons they felt that way

It's Ok, it's nice having a discussion.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:18 AM

F*ck you Tell Tale for not making this compatible with my IPad, you just lost a customer

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:12 PM Edited by Son of Zeus, 22 December 2016 - 05:15 PM.

I liked the first Season, but thought the Second was quite weak. Clem is a good character but it was silly the way people turned to her for guidance in S2 since she's a kid. Hopefully this one will be better. What I don't like about these games is how the choices don't really have a lasting impact. Life is Strange did choices much better IMO.

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

Liking season 3 so far but some side characters lack some serious depth. I'm on mobile and not in the mood for typing spoiler tags right now but you guys can't seriously take Tripp as a deep Telltale character like we're used to.

This guy is as deep as a puddle.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:31 PM

I'm not sure I'll get this one. I don't like Clementine as much as I liked Lee.

And considering I just got Batman's not a few months ago, and I'm buying Guardians of the Galaxy when it comes out I think I'd be Telltale'd out for awhile. I'll check out the first episode whenever it goes free like most Telltale games eventually do for episode 1 though, if it's interesting and I hear good things I might pick it up.

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

gregg rulz ok

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:15 AM

I enjoyed the first two episodes, though I really wish Telltale just released them as one big episode instead of glorifying them as two episodes seperately.

Maybe they will do what they did with Minecraft: Story Mode and announce more episodes, I hope.

Also it seems the Michonne series may have an impact on the story with Jesus being there.

maxx1013
  • maxx1013

Jet hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:24 AM Edited by maxx1013, 23 December 2016 - 03:25 AM.

It's about the same as buying the retail versions new in the shop... well for us Aussies. Though I got season 1 pre-owned for like $15 with the 400 Days DLC.

$49.95 for the disc in EB Games and it isn't even available until February. I'm probably going to just get it in the next few days I think that's what I paid for the Batman game. I got season 1 for free with Xbox gold

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:43 AM

So I gave and bought season 3, Clem Clem is still no Ellie

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users