Quantcast

» «
Photo

What if EA had managed to successfully take over Take Two?

16 replies to this topic
Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Okay, first of all, I will admit that to this day, I'm still confused on what this whole fight was about, so apologies if I get some of the details wrong.

As some of you probably have known, back in February 2008, EA made an attempt to take over Take Two, the parent company of Rockstar Games. EA offered $2 billion for the acquisition of Take Two, in which Take Two declined. Had EA managed to take over Take Two, they would have controlled Rockstar Games, and thus, the Grand Theft Auto franchise.

So, what does an event that took place even before Grand Theft Auto IV was released have to do with Grand Theft Auto Online?

Well, assuming that EA was still in control by the time Grand Theft Auto V was released, there would probably be some profound effects on Grand Theft Auto Online under EA's control, given that EA's business practices get quite a lot of sh*t flung at them.

Do you still remember the EA-Take Two fight? What do you think would have happened to GTA Online if EA had taken over Take Two? Would you play an EA-controlled GTA Online?

Discuss.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

pie4july
  • pie4july

Geologist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:07 PM

"EA Sports! It's in the g-" *Gets shot*

• livejoker, UltraGizmo64, gajrajgchouhan and 4 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

The Quest For Love And Sweaty Armpits

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:11 PM Edited by livejoker, 19 December 2016 - 09:11 PM.

Well we'd get more 360 no scope dubstep montages, that's for sure.

A lot of crappy DLC and they would get priced. On the other hand, Skate 4 in GTA would be a dream come true...

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

expletive deleted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

I didn't even know anything about that but its still f*ck EA.

I love medal of honor. I don't play battlefield or cod.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:19 PM

f*ck Ea.
  • Pedinhuh, The Deadite and gtaoplayer like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:31 PM

-Season passes;
-A new GTA game every two years with limited content;
-Overpriced DLC that certainly is not worth it;
-Updates would have been ended after one year has been passed since the game's release;
-Humour would not be any funny at all;
-Map wouldn't be as deep and detailed as it is;
-The playerbase would be 10x worse.
  • TreFacTor, UltraGizmo64, Microsoft Word and 3 others like this

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

expletive deleted

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

-Season passes;
-Updates would have been ended after one year has been passed since the game's release;

Just reading that makes me feel sick.

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:10 PM

EA?

Console exclusive DLC. Pre-order exclusive DLC. Retailer Exclusive DLC. Version exclusive DLC. Collector's Edition. Limited Edition. Pre-order edition. Day one edition. Walmart edition. Black Edition. Colourful Edition. Standard Edition. Game of the Year edition.

PC would probably be a sh*tty port that works on approximately 6/10 configs properly and occasionally you'd get stuck in the middle of driving a super down the highway. Only fix is restarting the game.

Also you'd have to drift every corner at 300 mph even in the FWD cars because lulz. Ramming in racing would be even more prominent, basically racing would be a Burnout game except with sh*ttier damage. Clothes would be a random drop out of a package you could buy for $4.99 a shot, it could give you anything from a $40 red shirt to a $23k necklace, except the chances of the former would be 99.69%

The power creep in the game would be even worse, you'd have a new best class car at least once a month and it'd keep getting more expensive. Halfway through the game's life, they'd decide they want to lock a random amount of every car's visual customization behind a paywall.

tl;dr EA is prime evil, the world as we know it would end immediately

• UltraGizmo64 and Pedinhuh like this

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

The Infidel

• Members
  • Falkland-Islands

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:37 PM

Console exclusive DLC. Pre-order exclusive DLC. Retailer Exclusive DLC. Version exclusive DLC. Collector's Edition. Limited Edition. Pre-order edition. Day one edition. Walmart edition. Black Edition. Colourful Edition. Standard Edition. Game of the Year edition.

R* did it too.

PC would probably be a sh*tty port that works on approximately 6/10 configs properly and occasionally you'd get stuck in the middle of driving a super down the highway. Only fix is restarting the game.

GTA IV & EFLC

• UltraGizmo64, Android and Vanto like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:21 AM Edited by Ash_735, 20 December 2016 - 02:21 AM.

-Season passes;

Rockstarpass.jpg
header.jpg

You mean like the PS2 generation of GTA titles?
GTA3 - 2001
GTA VC - 2002
GTA SA - 2004
GTA LCS - 2005
GTA VCS - 2006

ss_14fe592c24cb907ca6a98a513b93cff63e4e8
Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Shark-Cash-Cards.jpg

Yes, like Rockstar Games support on PC, where, outside of GTAO, they refuse to update their games unless it's to remove content or update Social Club. GTA IV and EFLC with SECUROM and GFWL say hello, as do GTAV users on Xbox 360 and PS3 who were promised Single Player DLC, and then just ignored.

Subjective, but recent GTA "humour" especially in the GTA Online updates is pretty miss, especially when it attempts to poke fun at cloud servers and idiots buying DLC, when THAT'S what they became :p

GTAV map is terrible designed compared to previous games anyway, it took the longest to make and yet still feels rushed, it biggles my mind how San Andreas in 2004 captures LA better than GTAV did.

Yeah, it'd be full of kids and cheaters and become overly Online focused and the online community would start to flock to YouTubers and we'd get clickbait videos and people bullsh*tting and wait a minute, this sounds familiar.
  • Street Mix, Silent, UltraGizmo64 and 6 others like this

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:50 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 23 December 2016 - 12:22 AM. don't double post. merged.

They'd release the game in an unfinished state and sell dlc as content.

/
it biggles my mind how San Andreas in 2004 captures LA better than GTAV did.
[quote/] Yeah, because LA is still stuck in the 90's, santa monica and long beach are to the south of LA, the observatory is behind the vago's hood, downtown is a just few blocks away from the vinewood sign and vine wood hills is right next and in back of the vinewood sign.Haha no.San Andrea's LS captures a 90's feel of LA with a lot of areas placed where they shouldn't be.GTA V clearly has the better detailed match of modern day LA. You should visit it IRL or look on google maps and you'll see what I'm talking about.

• The Deadite likes this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:49 AM

GTA 18

• UltraGizmo64 and gajrajgchouhan like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:29 PM

-Season passes;

Rockstarpass.jpg
header.jpg

You mean like the PS2 generation of GTA titles?
GTA3 - 2001
GTA VC - 2002
GTA SA - 2004
GTA LCS - 2005
GTA VCS - 2006

ss_14fe592c24cb907ca6a98a513b93cff63e4e8
Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Shark-Cash-Cards.jpg

Yes, like Rockstar Games support on PC, where, outside of GTAO, they refuse to update their games unless it's to remove content or update Social Club. GTA IV and EFLC with SECUROM and GFWL say hello, as do GTAV users on Xbox 360 and PS3 who were promised Single Player DLC, and then just ignored.

Subjective, but recent GTA "humour" especially in the GTA Online updates is pretty miss, especially when it attempts to poke fun at cloud servers and idiots buying DLC, when THAT'S what they became :p

GTAV map is terrible designed compared to previous games anyway, it took the longest to make and yet still feels rushed, it biggles my mind how San Andreas in 2004 captures LA better than GTAV did.

Yeah, it'd be full of kids and cheaters and become overly Online focused and the online community would start to flock to YouTubers and we'd get clickbait videos and people bullsh*tting and wait a minute, this sounds familiar.

You might as well quit the franchise since in your vision R* has become EA already.

allgoodinthehood
  • allgoodinthehood

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:05 PM

MIDNIGHT CLUB WOULD BE AS BAD AS NFSMW (THE NEW ONE, NOT THE OLD ONE)

• Pedinhuh and UltraZ like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:20 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 23 December 2016 - 11:13 PM. refrain from posting huge pictures

MIDNIGHT CLUB WOULD BE AS BAD AS NFSMW (THE NEW ONE, NOT THE OLD ONE)

At least Need For Speed has a chance of a new game coming out, Rockstar Games shelved their plans for a new Midnight Club back in 2011!

ldnwgQbm.png

You might as well quit the franchise since in your vision R* has become EA already.

In all honesty, if Rockstar continue on this path and future Single Player games suffer, I just might, I've not enjoyed their content since Max Payne 3 in all honesty and all this forced GTA Online focus has just put me off the games even more.

But it was to also show how biased people are here, how easily people in this thread have slated EA and UbiSoft, etc, for things which Rockstar Games have also done and continue to still do, don't you find that a bit weird?

• Street Mix, UltraGizmo64, ten-a-penny and 1 other like this

UltraZ
  • UltraZ

Casual Modder

• Members
  • India

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:36 AM Edited by UltraZ, 24 December 2016 - 03:37 AM.

They would have shut it down within a year or so. Look what they did to blackbox.

And more dlc

BLOOD
  • BLOOD

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None
  • Take-Two Analyst of the Year

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:42 PM Edited by BLOOD-MOND, 25 December 2016 - 12:46 PM.

They will get:

-GTA
-Red Dead
-RAGE Engine
-2K Sports
-Rockstar Games and it Studios (most especially North and San Diego) and other game franchises
-2K Games and it Studios (most especially Kevin Levin's Irrational Games) and other game franchises

I am glad Take-Two is now almost $5 billion in market, $7 billion if debts, assets, etc. is added. Good thing EA did not buy them and i hope it stays that way, I prefer/hope Take-Two acquiring Zenimax.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users