65 replies to this topic
Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

What doth LIFE Life life?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

First teaser trailer just came out for the Blade Runner sequel:

Seems like they at least got the visuals right.

• El Diablo, Mister Pink, Ciaran and 4 others like this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 20 December 2016 - 04:02 AM

Hell yes. Great cinematography work, and the soundtrack is faithful to the original. So far so good.

• Mister Pink and Vik like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:32 AM

Looks pretty good, can't wait.

Indi
  • Indi

Don't cross the streams.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:49 AM

I actually thought Vangelis came back for this because it sounds very much like what Vangelis did for the first one.  So the composer has done a good job.

Love the look of it.  Looks great.

• Tchuck likes this

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2016 - 07:56 AM

Blade Runner is my favourite film of all time and PKD my fave writer...cannot wait for this!!

X S
  • X S

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Miss Los Santos Host Extraordinaire

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:12 PM

Is it me, or this is shot digitally?  The color correction is right, but the clarity is too....  mmmm..  how do I say this...  too crisp.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

don't really care if it's shot digitally or not.

just care that they try to get it right.

when I heard of this I wanted to hate it on principle lol. but hey I like what I see.

even though it's obviously a very limited teaser trailer, it really seems like they're making a point of capturing the atmosphere created by the original. you know they did that Total Recall reboot not too long ago but everything about it really kind of turned me off. it was a rehash-in-name-only. just an offshoot for a new generation using excess CGI. meh.

this trailer at least revealed that they're not afraid of physical effects.

I just love to see that filmmakers are still constructing elaborate sets and creating the props from scratch, like the futuristic vehicles and detailed wardrobe for everyone who appears on screen. maybe they'll even get the pacing right, too. the one thing that most of these reboots are missing nowadays is any f/cking sense of pacing.

it's non existent, most of the time.

so many directors today seem to just be rushing from one sequence to the next; petrified to give the audience any time to think for themselves, unsure of how to let a scene and characters breathe. I want to see more wide shots and long takes where actors get a chance to act and occupy a space instead of just waiting for their cue to deliver. I'm getting off topic...

• Mister Pink, Spaghetti Cat, HaythamKenway and 2 others like this

Vik
  • Vik

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:40 PM

Love how they have had Denis Villeneuve involved for quite some time. His work on Arrival was great, and the footage looks great from what I have seen. Nice how they're getting Hampton Fancher back as well to get the screenplay going. Looks like the right crew with really talented people involved, I personally can't wait. Blade Runner is my personal favorite neo-noir thriller :D

• Halal Cyborg likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:30 AM

it's non existent, most of the time.

so many directors today seem to just be rushing from one sequence to the next; petrified to give the audience any time to think for themselves, unsure of how to let a scene and characters breathe. I want to see more wide shots and long takes where actors get a chance to act and occupy a space instead of just waiting for their cue to deliver. I'm getting off topic...

QFT. 

I was glad the pace allowed to set the tone. Too many ADHD films that just go on and not and they just seem like feature sized trailer. No time for the audience to think about a scene or develop any thought on it because the film wants to spell it out for you as quickly as possible so they can move on to the next thing.. I hear ya dude.

This trailer looked great. Did what a trailer should do. Didn't give much away but had me sucked in. 

• Tchuck, HaythamKenway, Richard Power Colt and 2 others like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:28 PM

I always have that one movie every year that I'm super hyped for. I feel like this one might be it for 2017. I've re-watched this trailer quite a few times.
  • Arlarse and Halal Cyborg like this

Arlarse
  • Arlarse

Cultivating Mass

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

Blade Runner (the final cut) is my joint favourite film (with Chinatown and the big lebowski) of all time and hands down the best Sci-fi I've ever watched. When I heard they were doing I a sequel I was mortified, was nothing sacred anymore? but the more it's getting pieced together the more I've bought into it and it's probably THE film of 2017 for me. Villeneuve is an outstanding director, Roger Deakins is - probably with Lubezki - the best cinematographer in the business and this will hopefully break his Leo'esque duck with the academy. Gosling an excellent actor and this is exactly the type of film he thrives in, Leto has proven himself as a very good actor too and I'd assume will be a replicant which would be right up his street. And of course you've got Deckard himself in Ford as well as Ridley to oversee things from a distance.

Everything is set. What I hope is that it continues to only imply Deckards true origins and maintains the subtleties of the original all the while raising important points about a dystopian L.A 32 years in the future. The visuals, score and the acting make the original a phenomenal watch, but it's the subtleties within the film that make it the best film in it's genre and one of the greatest films ever made.

• Mister Pink, HaythamKenway, Richard Power Colt and 3 others like this

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:08 PM

The Vangelis score on the original is by far my favourite score and it's been ingrained on my soul over the years...blush response and Rachel's song are powerful...do we know whose doing the score for this?
I've thought about alternative people and I'd say Cliff Martinez, Clint Mansell or even a radical option Instra:mental.

• Mister Pink and Richard Power Colt like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:27 PM

Composer is Jóhann Jóhannsson https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jóhann_Jóhannsson

He's done scores for the director's previous films.
  • Halal Cyborg and Vik like this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:35 PM

Holy sh*t, those visuals make me drool!
  • El Diablo, Tchuck and Vik like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:43 PM

''I want to ask you some questions''

God this the most hyped i'v been for a movie in AGES. It's literally a dream team of people coming together to make a sequel to one of my favorite films. 

• Tchuck, Richard Power Colt and Vik like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:14 AM

This looks like absolute sh*t. 

Pretty visuals, sure, but f*ck... this just doesn't need to be happening. 

• Payne Killer likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:19 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 10 May 2017 - 05:21 PM.

The film will be competing with a legacy + time. So I'm going to try judge it on it's own merits. As said above Denis Vellenueve is a fine director and coming straight from Arrival to this project, I'm confident he'll do a great job. We also have Ridley Scott producing and original Blade Runner screenwriter Hampton Fancher as well as younger writer Michael Green. Roger Deakins is cinematographer and that's a treat in and of itself. This film should be solid on the backend and with the talent involved, Gosling, Leto and Ford, I can't see this going too wrong. It certainly seems like a project of passion and not just a silly studio cashcow and all the main staples of crew are back. 

The original Blade Runner has had 35+ years legacy. It's still enjoyable to watch. Nothing will be taken away from it. My only worry is people will expect a film with a 35+ year legacy's squeal will be equal or better and then not satisfied if it doesn't reach such high expectations.

I'm going in to this film without hype or expectation. I'm going in to see a standalone film called Blade Runner 2049 . If it's a film that's using the same themes, same screenwriter, some old cast and it being based on the same source material, I say yes. I can be excited for it. I'm happy they didn't try remake the original but we get something new within that world and the original always stays as it is. 

• Tchuck, Richard Power Colt, Halal Cyborg and 2 others like this

21:6
  • 21:6

| v a p o r w a v e |

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:23 AM Edited by 21:6, 21 May 2017 - 01:26 AM.

I hope it's as good as the original was, but with modern movies we've seen that it's pretty much random. There are movies like Ghostbusters which were amazing back in the day but the horsesh*t remake of the movie wasn't, but then Star Wars VII lived up to the originals and although wasn't as good as they were, wore the Star Wars title well. I'm hoping this Blade Runner will do the same as Star Wars did.

Now, however good it may be it will never outshine the originals because people are stubborn and directors are running out of ideas in this generation we are in. So we are looking at a movie that will be complete sh*t or a masterpiece that didn't live up to it's predecessor, and it's sad but it's true.

This movie's visuals are both artistic and orgasmic, and if they could follow that up with a great story, great acting and great ideas this could be one of the best movies in decades, but unfortunately, it is inevitable it will end up with stubborn people criticizing it in comparison to it's predecessor.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:34 AM Edited by Leftist Bastard, 22 May 2017 - 08:12 AM.

That music takes me right back to 1982

• Tchuck and Ivan1997GTA like this

MuntyJack
  • MuntyJack

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

this must be something terrific Ridley Scott wow

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

This is looking really great. 

• El Diablo and Tchuck like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

It's looking pretty good.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:36 AM

• Tchuck likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:42 AM

Tokasmoka
  • Tokasmoka

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

Looks good but 2049 is a long ways away, not sure how y'all can wait that long.

• Leftist Bastard likes this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:38 AM

• Tchuck likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:47 AM

Daaaaaamn that was nice!

This movie can't come out soon enough!

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:01 AM

Bumpity, but apparently early impression are in...

Some are calling it a masterpiece of a sequel. Overall reaction seems to be extremely positive. Damn you folks from foreign countries who get to see it nearly a month before we get it here in Japan  :angry:

• Kippers likes this

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:13 AM

Some are calling it a masterpiece of a sequel. Overall reaction seems to be extremely positive. 

That gives me hope, first one was f*cking amazing so the standard was set high. 

• Tchuck likes this

Richard Power Colt
  • Richard Power Colt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:36 PM Edited by Richard Power Colt, 29 September 2017 - 02:17 PM.

Bumpity, but apparently early impression are in...

Some are calling it a masterpiece of a sequel. Overall reaction seems to be extremely positive. Damn you folks from foreign countries who get to see it nearly a month before we get it here in Japan  :angry:

The first few reviews were actually just released. Right now it has 10 fresh reviews and 1 rotten review on RT.

I bought tickets for the premiere, can't wait.

Edit: Btw no one posted this yet:

I actually wasn't really feeling the 2 other ones, but this one I enjoyed a lot. They captured the atmosphere from the old movie quite nicely. I heard the director of this made Cowboy Bebop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users