Import export, the best money maker-explained

74 replies to this topic
Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:33 AM

To be clear, having just ONE non-ceo associate in your lobby calls off ALL AI attackers?

Yup, that's all it takes. Even if they are your friends and crew-members.

This is utter bullsh*t. Sultans aplenty in 20+ lobbies.

You're the first person I've heard saying he encountered AI with more players in the session. I've sold about 40 cars myself now, of which at least 30 with more people in the session and never encountered a single Sultan in those sales.

Maybe you're mixing up selling and sourcing?

• Mach1bud and JuniorChubb like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:51 AM

Good read but there still is some bullsh*t in it though.
1-not all time you equip offroad tires on a car it will actually help with kerbs.
2-the pacific standard can pay 500k per 1.5 hour...if the team is great and the rockstar servers are with you and you start from invite only and such it can even be done in 1h15 minutes, making this not a heist killer by far.
Edit: esprcially since if working together...well it seems the payout of associates is still way lower then that.
Besides that i would be interested to know how long it takes to deliver when working with a cargobob.

Still worth putting the off road tires on. Most people dont know which cars actually benefit from it and it doesn't make any difference for the sale, so might as well equip them for the small chance they may help.
Also, I don't mean to discount what you say about Pac Standard, but I have never seen it done that fast, I'm sure people do, but that is some elite perfect playing there. With the servers acting up, crap internet, failing setups, for average players stealing/selling cars is likely way faster.
and to answer your question, for steals I'd say the cargobob can do it on average like 1-7 mins, sells like idk, 1-5 mins. Just depends on how far away they are.
Indeed.. but even with the worst bad luck it is perfectly possible to do a finale in 2 houres.

Also i am also taking into acount the setup costs, the loading and staying in freeroam waiting for the message to drop.

The numbers in the OP...that maximum...does not consider the cooldown(which should be removed), the stealing of the vehicle or the running back and forth between the office building and hangar

Well it is easy enough to fill up the cooldown time with VIP work, and doesn't take into account any businesses you might have running in the background. Still, if it doesn't beat the grind dollars of Pac Standard, at least this doesn't feel like a grind at all. It's definitely the best way to make money that I wouldn't consider a grind at all.

To be completely honest, I haven't even done Pac Standard in over a year. I probably shouldn't be trying to compare what the best grind is.

Just saying I like this car stealing way better than crates/anything else that makes money.
  • hei3enberg likes this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Probably not your father

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:56 AM

1-not all time you equip offroad tires on a car it will actually help with kerbs.
2-the pacific standard can pay 500k per 1.5 hour...if the team is great and the rockstar servers are with you and you start from invite only and such it can even be done in 1h15 minutes, making this not a heist killer by far.
Edit: esprcially since if working together...well it seems the payout of associates is still way lower then that.
Besides that i would be interested to know how long it takes to deliver when working with a cargobob.

Still worth putting the off road tires on. Most people dont know which cars actually benefit from it and it doesn't make any difference for the sale, so might as well equip them for the small chance they may help.
Also, I don't mean to discount what you say about Pac Standard, but I have never seen it done that fast, I'm sure people do, but that is some elite perfect playing there. With the servers acting up, crap internet, failing setups, for average players stealing/selling cars is likely way faster.
and to answer your question, for steals I'd say the cargobob can do it on average like 1-7 mins, sells like idk, 1-5 mins. Just depends on how far away they are.
Indeed.. but even with the worst bad luck it is perfectly possible to do a finale in 2 houres.
Also i am also taking into acount the setup costs, the loading and staying in freeroam waiting for the message to drop.
The numbers in the OP...that maximum...does not consider the cooldown(which should be removed), the stealing of the vehicle or the running back and forth between the office building and hangar

Well it is easy enough to fill up the cooldown time with VIP work, and doesn't take into account any businesses you might have running in the background. Still, if it doesn't beat the grind dollars of Pac Standard, at least this doesn't feel like a grind at all. It's definitely the best way to make money that I wouldn't consider a grind at all.
To be completely honest, I haven't even done Pac Standard in over a year. I probably shouldn't be trying to compare what the best grind is.
Just saying I like this car stealing way better than crates/anything else that makes money.
Well...ok then...but what is the math combined with such work then ?
Really the OP, i learned a few new things....but this math needs more working out and i doubt that this is the pacific standard killer i originally hoped for.

I am definatly gonna take advantage about the uncondirmed x2 event that is waiting to happen...but besides that....this is NOT a pacific standard killer and anyone capable of calculated reasoning should grind heists together instead of grinding this stuff together.

Maddened_Ghost
  • Maddened_Ghost

They mad bro...

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:03 AM

Don't forget your 'Bob - I can often deliver a car without any damage using that.

Unless they fix the random hook disconnect thing, I'm not taking chances. I dumped one car onto its roof and a friend dumped one into a swimming pool.

So that wasn't just me then, it happened to me twice now and my friends were like "why did you detach the car for?" 

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:31 AM

To be clear, having just ONE non-ceo associate in your lobby calls off ALL AI attackers?

FWIW I have yet to see AI attackers on *any* of my sales. I'm on Xbox and selling in regular semi-full lobbies. I've only had to fight NPCs on steals.
  • Mach1bud likes this

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:54 AM

I made close to 2 million in one sitting combining all different stuff today...finally bought the ruiner 2000
  • -KM- and Mattcarnes like this

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 N°1 sǝɹɐɔ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:57 AM

You're the first person I've heard saying he encountered AI with more players in the session. I've sold about 40 cars myself now, of which at least 30 with more people in the session and never encountered a single Sultan in those sales.

Just did a separate CEO session of SOURCING with just a friend and I and still got AI enemy spawns.

• The Happy Clown, alkaline_ and Mattcarnes like this

mistermaster7
  • mistermaster7

Since the beginning

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 December 2016 - 08:53 AM

Just to make everything clear, I can do these missions solo and still make a sh*t ton of money or are there certain missions I need an assosiate? 

I don't have too many friends playing gta these days and I don't trust in random people. 

And to be sure, how much it costs to set up everything for these missions? Do I only need to buy the vehicle warehouse to be good to go? 

Thx for your answers. 

Rusty9130
  • Rusty9130

My XLS will beat your Insurgent.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:16 AM

40,000 for a 1.5mil car. No. This update is a boring grind. It's a waste of time. Not worth it.

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

40,000 for a 1.5mil car. No. This update is a boring grind. It's a waste of time. Not worth it.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

Just did a separate CEO session of SOURCING with just a friend and I and still got AI enemy spawns.

That is correct. Selling is where this comes into play. Sell in a public lobby with other people, and there will be no enemies.
  • Forza Harrd likes this

BillyBiker
  • BillyBiker

Player Hater

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

It might be worth considering a game somewhat less math intensive :)

• Skeve613 likes this

REXX
  • REXX

The guy who wants catsuits and a Railgun. Rexx | Alexa

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:04 PM

Dude, you've complained about this twice. You make $100,000 minus $20,000 for mods. Seems you don't read properly when selling.

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

i was hoping that the percentage thing works but so far i have 16 mid cars and 14 or 15 standard cars...

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Behaving Myself

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

i was hoping that the percentage thing works but so far i have 16 mid cars and 14 or 15 standard cars...

Same.

Need a "commit arson" option.

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:39 PM

Not sure why you are getting that many  Standard- and Mid range cars. I have 10 of the Mid and Standard and 3 Top, and have only gotten Top range cars in my last 25 sources. Maybe the amount of collection cars comes into play as well, I have 16 of those.

Well...ok then...but what is the math combined with such work then ?
Really the OP, i learned a few new things....but this math needs more working out and i doubt that this is the pacific standard killer i originally hoped for.

I am definatly gonna take advantage about the uncondirmed x2 event that is waiting to happen...but besides that....this is NOT a pacific standard killer and anyone capable of calculated reasoning should grind heists together instead of grinding this stuff together.

With a potential $400k per hour on pacific standard, I'd say that this is definitely a possible killer of that. Sure, I didn't take in the travel times and sitting behind the comp etc., but that is only about 2.5 mins per run. With 4.8 runs per hour, that totals to 12 mins extra each hour.

That's still $384k in 49.8 mins and a remaining 10.2 mins to make cash with something else.

But you are definitely right that the calculations could use some extra work, as the times are still a bit of guess-work from my own experience. Could be that I've been a bit too positive, but certainly not ruling out that it can be done quicker either.

In any case it is the best "fun method" to earn a lot of money.

silversaber12
  • silversaber12

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

This is an extended question or just asking for an opinion. I was wondering what my best move is. I'm very happy with the money I'm making with the import/export ,but I know that combining it with biker businesses is a great way to earn even more cash. The only problem is I mistakenly bought the 2nd least expensive weed farm. It has no upgrades because I didn't wanna bother wasting money on something that isn't productive. should I A.) get at least the employee upgrade for 200K and just from there keep paying for supplies? (I am usually playing alone other than weekends when I have 1 other friend playing.) or should I B.) Just save and and get the coke business and buy upgrades? Or C.) not waste time with the biker stuff? Also is it worth paying for supplies? It takes forever when you are getting them alone.

SkittyM
  • SkittyM

Ar-test

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:40 AM

I've actually had NPCs spawn once or twice during sale missions in full lobbies, was selling multiple vehicles with a friend and two of us got attacked while the other two had no issues.

On PC, course i just use my Cargobob for sales now, never had an issue.

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:10 AM

This is an extended question or just asking for an opinion. I was wondering what my best move is. I'm very happy with the money I'm making with the import/export ,but I know that combining it with biker businesses is a great way to earn even more cash. The only problem is I mistakenly bought the 2nd least expensive weed farm. It has no upgrades because I didn't wanna bother wasting money on something that isn't productive. should I A.) get at least the employee upgrade for 200K and just from there keep paying for supplies? (I am usually playing alone other than weekends when I have 1 other friend playing.) or should I B.) Just save and and get the coke business and buy upgrades? Or C.) not waste time with the biker stuff? Also is it worth paying for supplies? It takes forever when you are getting them alone.

It kinda depends on how much you play. It takes a lot of time to earn back the investment in the biker businesses. But if you want to do it from time to time, it's best to get a fully upgraded coke, maybe even the meth and counterfeit. The order of payouts there is: coke, meth, counterfeit, weed, forgery. Best to get the best ones and always upgrade them because it produces faster, pays better and uses less supplies. Just don't buy the forgery, it's just not worth it at all.

I've actually had NPCs spawn once or twice during sale missions in full lobbies, was selling multiple vehicles with a friend and two of us got attacked while the other two had no issues.

On PC, course i just use my Cargobob for sales now, never had an issue.

Maybe it's pc related. I've never had npc's and neither have any of my friends on PS4. Or maybe just something we've overlooked that could cause the npc's to be triggered.

makekz
  • makekz

Paper chaser

• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:51 PM

It's the update that made 'grinding fun again'. Yesterday it was a nice session. I jacked one of the cars, headed to highway with AI buzzard on my tail, then some guys started chasing me and trying to shoot and kill me to jack that car for themselves (which is pretty rare, usually it's all about sticky bombing opponents). It was a fun and wild chase full of adrenaline,and luckily for me I made it safely to the warehouse with only 2K in damage. Background music was very on point too. I made almost 3M within this week only selling cars and mc business brought me roughly 2.5M. Plenty to enjoy new content.
  • Fido_le_muet, kstowe, Dяno and 1 other like this

Blitzstorm2002
  • Blitzstorm2002

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

Wasn't always the case for me.
The most common pattern I found in hoarding these cars is the alternating Low/Middle then Top.
But regardless of that I'm surprised how much money I'm earning.
A breath of fresh air coming from the grind of Special Cargo.
  • Sagrawa likes this

Blitzstorm2002
  • Blitzstorm2002

Player Hater

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:46 AM

Wasn't always the case for me.
The most common pattern I found in hoarding these cars is the alternating Low/Middle then Top.
But regardless of that I'm surprised how much money I'm earning.
A breath of fresh air coming from the grind of Special Cargo.

As an update, after having 26 cars in the warehouse, it was mostly Top Range cars from there.
  • Sagrawa likes this

derek0514
  • derek0514

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:42 AM Edited by derek0514, 24 December 2016 - 01:54 AM.

MC business a tough grind if stealing supplies. GM only 33 pct if buying supplies unless longer choice. On Coke business $75 k supplies purchased yields $112 k product if short range option. Kicker - better have 100pct success. And that obnoxious LJT like a persistent bill collector. Just shut mine down. I have other stuff pays more per minute. Yes I bought all the upgrades - more expensive than the business itself.

Need be able block LJT calls and decide on our own vehicle to transport supplies and product vs some slow moving target.

I may open it back up when huge block of time and bored. It can make good $ if stealing supplies but the long sales runs to get max sales $ drained me.

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

‏ ‏

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

range cap is a myth. 20 standard and 13 mid. FML.

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:17 PM

If I get a Standard Range car, I immediately blow it up with my Hydra. This guarantees the next one will be either Mid or Top Range (never gotten two consecutive types after blowing one up). No cost to you, and the cooldown period is usually over by the time you return to your office.

You obviously can't fill an entire garage with mid-top range cars using this method, but it's irrelevant since you can only sell up to 4 at a time. Keep your stock low and your profit margin high

ALLWORLD19
  • ALLWORLD19

Street Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:21 AM

Another tip you should add is throw Off-Road tires on everything. Off-Road tires have the tallest sidewalls and end up handling bumps/curbs better.

its too bad you cant change the tires and wheels like in real life i love the off road tires but some of the rims suck on super cars and others

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:53 AM

I've made roughly 1 mil a day with this update, but I've heard others making much more.

needmoreweed
  • needmoreweed

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:17 AM

am i the only one who think the import/export business is kinda worthless, alot work not that big payoff :(, can better do the MC business runniing coke or meth

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:39 AM Edited by Halal Cyborg, 31 December 2016 - 02:09 PM.

am i the only one who think the import/export business is kinda worthless, alot work not that big payoff :(, can better do the MC business runniing coke or meth

Analyse costs/time etc and I think it's better

I own all businesses and made lots of money from them but it's deceptive...resupplying 5 businesses alone takes forever and you need to do this multiple times...so buying supplies makes more sense and doing other stuff

75k on coke yields 112k of product plus your time delivering them...granted you can spend all day going it without buying them and you will make about 1.25m but you won't be doing anything else and it's also a painful grind at times.

Not to mention you pay 30k every 48 minutes I believe or maybe it's every in game week? Regardless that eats into your profits further.

Whereas the import export you can steal a car and have no damage if you know what you're doing...then have a 20k buy-in and make 80k every 15 mins...you're sourcing cars in the meantime anyway...VIP work after each sale such as fortified earns you 35k...to me it's also less of a grind.

Even crates is less Grindy than MC work.
  • Dяno, hei3enberg and Gridl0k like this

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

Explained:

-When you have a certain percentage of your warehouse full with Mid- or Standard range cars, you will only get Top range cars to source.

Can we get more info on this? Does it have to be both mid and standard at specific numbers or one or the other? ect

I haven't verified this yet, but I've read that if you have exactly ten mid-range, and ten standard-range vehicles in your vehicle warehouse, then you will only source top-range. I trimmed my garage down to this number yesterday, but only had time to source three vehicles before I got offline. But those were all top-range, FWIW. Anyone else heard or tried this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users