Photo

Game won't launch.

4 replies to this topic
Pixie1
  • Pixie1

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:40 PM Edited by Pixie1, 17 December 2016 - 12:55 PM.

I'm using a gaming Laptop, here are my specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64

Intel i7-6700HQ

16GB RAM

Geforce 960M 4GB

First I should say that I've installed this game plenty of times before on a desktop PC with the same OS, no issues. I have a new laptop and tried to install the game on it, but I can't get it to run on this system, using the same methods as I used to get to it running before. I guess I should also mention that I'm installing from an original disk version, not the Steam version.

Installing and just trying to play without any mods or fixes causes the "Cannot find 640x480 video mode" error.

So I installed the Silent Patch, but it just makes it give me a similar error. This time it says: "Cannot find 1536x864x32 video mode", that's something I've never seen before.

I thought maybe installing the widescreen fix (ThirteenAG's) would solve the problem, but with the widescreen fix the game won't launch AT ALL. If I click the exe, nothing happens. I also tried to make a custom 1536x864 resolution in my drivers so the game will launch, but this system won't let me do that.

Anyone have any ideas?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:50 AM

Have you deleted the gta_vc.set file in your Documents folder? If that still doesn't work, Windowed Mode prevents the game from going full screen.

Pixie1
  • Pixie1

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:56 AM Edited by Pixie1, 19 December 2016 - 06:57 AM.

Have you deleted the gta_vc.set file in your Documents folder? If that still doesn't work, Windowed Mode prevents the game from going full screen.

I don't have a gta_vc.set file, is it generated after the game is launched?

The window mode mod unfortunately didn't do anything, I have the same result where the game refuses to launch.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

Chocolate

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Hong-Kong
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]
    Helpfulness Awards [Mods]

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:01 PM

The SET file is usually in "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files". With Windowed Mode and Widescreen Fix installed, you can override the resolution of the game in GTAVC.WidescreenFix.ini to something your monitor supports, e.g. ResX=1280, ResY=720.

Pixie1
  • Pixie1

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:48 PM

The SET file is usually in "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\GTA Vice City User Files". With Windowed Mode and Widescreen Fix installed, you can override the resolution of the game in GTAVC.WidescreenFix.ini to something your monitor supports, e.g. ResX=1280, ResY=720.

Yeah that folder is where I was looking, but it's just an empty folder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users