AMD Zen and Vega

68 replies to this topic
HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Vega FE gaming mode is starting to look like windows gaming mode, nothing happens when you switch it on :p

For $1000 it's not decent. Not really.

I buy NVIDIA only because they are the only ones that make high end GPUs. I'm sure that plenty of AMD fans are wishing for higher end options from them as well.

the RX Vega gaming edition will be a high end Gpu, at least on 3D mark its showing 15% better then the 1080

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Windows gaming mode doesn't even work as far as I am aware. Except maybe for UWP games.

I'm still considering getting a 1080 Ti this year and that will be the last major upgrade for me. AMD is not really doing anything to change the game drastically but hopefully prices will drop. I'll save up for a new build in a year or two.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 2 weeks ago.

Windows gaming mode doesn't even work as far as I am aware.

neither does the gaming mode on the Vega FE

AMD is not really doing anything to change the game drastically but hopefully prices will drop.

wait? What? the RX Vega is better better then the gtx1080. i would say they are doing something

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Wasn't the Fury X better than a GTX 980? This is nothing new.

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k dick two and fu*k cockstar.

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 days ago Edited by Niobium, 3 days ago.

dammit AMD I just wanted a GPU that is equivalent to the 1080ti at a lower price

i find it hard to believe that AMD could kick butt with ryzen and yet have an underwhelming launch for vega. there is still an ounce of hope in me left that the highest-tier vega will miraculously be as good as the 1080ti, but that hope is dwindling every day. 

the RX vega has a TDP that is roughly the same as a 1080ti but doesn't even perform the same. give me a break. despite having a freesync monitor, i will likely go with team green on this one unless the price is really damn good.

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Maybe AMD should sell their GPU department. How old is 1080Ti? And Vega may be more expensive due to HBM2.

I know for sure I won't buy buying the top tier Vega GPU as that one consumes a lot of power than 1070/80/Ti and I don't need and want that sh*t in my PC.

So my next GPU will be either 1070, 1080 or 1080Ti. Untill that day comes, my current GTX780 still working fine.

• Niobium likes this

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k dick two and fu*k cockstar.

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted A day ago Edited by Niobium, A day ago.

yeah okay their highest end rx vega will most likely be on par with a GTX 1080. with the TDP that it has, it's not good enough.

for CPUs, it's best to stick with AMD since intel doesn't know what the fu*k they are doing with X299. but for high-end GPUs i'd rather go with novideo, since rx vega will be too powerhungry for its performance. i have a freesync monitor, but i will likely get a GTX 1080/1080Ti in spite of that.

• SilverRST likes this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A day ago

yeah okay their highest end rx vega will most likely be on par with a GTX 1080. with the TDP that it has, it's not good enough.

for CPUs, it's best to stick with AMD since intel doesn't know what the fu*k they are doing with X299. but for high-end GPUs i'd rather go with novideo, since rx vega will be too powerhungry for its performance. i have a freesync monitor, but i will likely get a GTX 1080/1080Ti in spite of that.

IMO the problem isnt if its better or worse then a gtx1080, but how late they always are in the GPU race, when they do the market is already saturated with the new Nvidia generation, at least on the high end market

• Niobium likes this

ΣΓ
  • ΣΓ

Never Settle

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • European-Union

Posted A day ago Edited by ΣΓ, A day ago.

I don't think they have the money to invest in developing a truly high end GPU or they don't care to. I mean the difference in revenue between AMD and NVIDIA is not that big. NVIDIA has already invested $3 billion in Volta and if this is the best that AMD could come up with they really can't compete at the high end.

If you have a Fury X, the RX Vega is not worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users