Photo

Most underrated part of this update: Background music

119 replies to this topic
rfdsafrtfdffres
  • rfdsafrtfdffres

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:56 AM Edited by rfdsafrtfdffres, 16 December 2016 - 07:57 AM.

backround music is super important and is really good in this game 

cant imagine the game without it

its so under rated

High King
  • High King

Wild Card Inc.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:05 PM Edited by High King, 16 December 2016 - 12:25 PM.

EASILY my favorite track from the new update, my favorite track on GTA Online, and probably one of my favorite tracks from any video game score. The composer goes by "Take a Daytrip" on Soundcloud, he's actually pretty talented. 

• sleepwalk1980 and Hécate-II like this

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:06 AM

I don't really like the "pew pew pew peeeeeew" swag horn that plays sometimes

Parts of the new music sounds good, but I kinda makes me think of the music people would put in a cheap "gangster" flashgame

To those who live new background tracks, congratulations on being right, this music rocks.

To those who don't, check your hearing aid batteries, HA!

To those who feel it overtakes the engine sounds...can't you adjust that in the settings? I haven't tried since I like the music over the vroom vroom of the engine, but I would assume it can be turned down.

Adjusting the music audio to 0 does fix the issues with the worser tracks. While I'm not a fan of most of it so far, I've found a few tracks I do like since I first posted... now if only I was on PC, I could make a macro to let me automatically disable music with one button press whenever a track I don't like comes on.

I'm willing to bet that those who can't stand it at all never really liked trap/dubstep music in the first place.

Probably very true.

For me, I'd rather listen to 10 minutes of the Crazy Bus theme than 10 minutes of any Dubstep song I've heard to date:

Capt_Of_Wolves
  • Capt_Of_Wolves

You're average wolf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:47 AM

I really like the background music.. The other music in the game I just hate so much.

Darekl92
  • Darekl92

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:25 AM

TBH one of weakest scores background music so far.

Lacks proper melody. Notes are totally unexpected and not really smooth tone.

Some moments even sound like broken cop sirens or tornado warning alerts.

And it is way too loud. Specially when we focus on cars sounds.

Biker DLC had better composed themes, but still repetitve and annoying.

Take a look at Deadline adversary mode background music. Although it is still electronics, it sounds lot better and doesn't make Your ears bleed.

• Awesome9822 and Goingcrowd9 like this

GTAFanClub
  • GTAFanClub

@Bully2Info

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:35 AM

I like it but I still usually just turn to Los Santos Rock Radio while i'm in the car.

• Awesome9822 likes this

Mogg
  • Mogg

Kupo!

• Members
  • Norway
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:06 AM

While the new music has a certain suspense element, I will admit there are parts of it that sticks too far out from the background and sort of ruins the suspense experience and makes it an annoying musical element. Other tracks from other parts of the game has never done that to me.

On what constitutes music and instruments and musicians; I lived with one of these laptop guys during my university years, and he made a good case on calling a cd player an instrument. What gave him jobs was not his ability to mash randomly chosen samples together in any entry level software, but his ability to do it on a certain level. Granted, his musicianship wasn't centered around creating music and other traditional musicianships - it was to have the dancefloor moving, and he did that well with his skill and his dancefloor instruments - effect boards and indeed a laptop.

"It's like saying 'Give a man a Les Paul guitar and he becomes Eric Clapton,' you know. It's not true. And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us." - Roger Waters some time in the 'true' 'musicianship' era. 

In my ear that quote translates fairly well to these laptop guys. You won't become Calvin Harris or whomever just by buying a laptop.

Come to think of it, even Pink Floyd was accused of automating music with their synthesizers, with people claiming they didn't play live any more.

... So that's my take on the new soundtracks (-:

• Pastry likes this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2016 - 09:22 AM

The background music really is nice.

I haven't turned on my radio at all, I just listen to the new background music.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Scared I'll kill you all day instead of getting crates

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

If only they added some of this background music to the R* Editor.

Acky.
  • Acky.

Gaetano Acciaroli

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:57 PM

Completely agree, the Import/Export Update score is amazing! I find myself turning off the radio stations to listen to it!

seven50iL
  • seven50iL

Bmw Over Bullsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:39 PM

I really like it; especially since I am using headphones. Like others mentioned it the production does have a trap music vibe to it. Need more scores with 808's in here tbh

Awesome9822
  • Awesome9822

Just some dude.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

It was a nice change at first but after grinding the cars for a bit, it gets repetitive and old really fast. 

But I will admit it's nice that Rockstar added some new music rather than recycling old music. 

Buuuutttt......This kind of music isn't my cup of tea. Too computerized(is that even a word?) for me. I mostly prefer something that isn't digitally made. 
Just my personal opinion (Not like it matters but hey whatever) :v

Fugitive69
  • Fugitive69

I WANT TUNER UPDATE C*

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

I like it!
  • Snoopbr likes this

Ribsey
  • Ribsey

What are you doing, giving birth?

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:39 PM Edited by Ribsey, 18 December 2016 - 08:55 PM.

Adds to the experience but there's that one track that's literally just

DEE-DEE-DEE (airhorn-airhorn)

Found it:

On the other hand a track like this has an actual flow, with bass kick (the occasional horn makes me laugh on this one).

This is THE best to hear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4JlHeET9Y

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

"AKA The Bhoys2011" Rockstar Verified

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:00 PM

I luv the background music FTW

james42519
  • james42519

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:40 AM

hate. part around 2:00 is real annoying. 

• Khephera and Goingcrowd9 like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

Gullywax >>>>>>

WHEW

Khephera
  • Khephera

Helihure

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:53 AM Edited by Khephera, 11 June 2017 - 08:07 AM.

hate. part around 2:00 is real annoying. 

Yep. Tbh., all of the "music" related to I/E, CEO and Biker stuff is so f*cking annoying... I'm fed up with this sh*t. I've now turned off ingame music completely just because of that. Thanks R*!
And now, when someone's entering my car/bike, they ask why don't you turn on this or that radio station, or plz turn on self radio (PC)..... "I f*cking haven't and I don't bother anymore because I've turned off the hole music!" Again, thanks R*.
I srsly don't get how someone can like this stupid, retarded background music.... kill yourself!

Goingcrowd9
  • Goingcrowd9

181!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:50 PM

I hate this music. If I steal or sell a car I put on a radio station like LRR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE or mute my tv and put on my headphones (in case the radio stations don't provide a song I like).

I do like the 'original background music' tough... and we really should be able to mute JUST the background music...
  • jackrobot, GTA-Biker and Khephera like this

Stepupmoose
  • Stepupmoose

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

why do people hate the background music? ik its repetitive but it adds tone to the gameplay

• Snoopbr likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted A week ago Edited by whywontyoulisten, A week ago.

why do people hate the background music? ik its repetitive but it adds tone to the gameplay

Because everything since the original mission music (also used in Special Cargo crate missions) has been irritatingly overpowering and in your face, which is the opposite of what an ambient soundtrack should be. It should set the tone, without drawing your attention to it. I have to admit the Doomsday Heist music is a major improvement over the farts and bleeps of recent times...have the original composers returned?

• Perez84, puredorian and Fireboy769 like this

Killer Whale
  • Killer Whale

I used to have a negative article as my name.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted A week ago

Dammit, and I'm here with the muted audio because I can't stand the game's radio anymore. I guess I'll have to unmute it just for the new songs. I have a soft spot for the Import/Export music. Who knows? Maybe I'll like these new ones.

Fireboy769
  • Fireboy769

I only have a 2-Star Wanted Level? Are you serious?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I like the Act 3 music the most. I'll just call it Attack of the Clones theme because all of Act 3 involves Avon's clones in one way or another.

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Car Collector

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 6 days ago

I just gotta say this whole discussion about what qualifies as "real" music is so old and stupid to be honest.

Someone trained in classical music and classical musical theory might say that rock musicians "don't know real music". Hell, some musicians admit to not even knowing how to read notes, and still they've made songs that's become hits all over the world.

Doesn't matter if you write for orchestra or if you scream indecencies in a punk rock song or use audio effects in Ableton Live, as long as it sounds and some people can connect with it or enjoy it, it's music. Why would a computer not be an instrument like any other? Where do you draw the line exactly? Why does a piano or a guitar qualify, but not a Macbook? What about a capella music? Barbershop? Synthesizers?

I love music, and all kinds of it. I can enjoy Bach and then in another mood put on dubstep. I honestly don't give a flying f*ck how the music was made, as long as it makes me feel how I want to feel.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Securing the bag.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Naw, it's annoying asf.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 6 days ago

Honestly,I dislike GTA 5/Online ambient music.At first it may seem cool,but after years of playing the game it became repetitive and annoying.Also,sometimes the music doesn't fit the situation at all (for example,during missions I could just be slowly driving to the objective,but the game is playing some intense music like if there was a shootout or a chase going on),which looks really stupid.The ambient music is the main reason why I muted the music and instead listen to music I like if I feel like listening to something (to be honest,the radio also got a bit boring after a few years,but I could live with that if the ambient music wasn't so annoying).Hopefully R* lets us mute the ambient music without also muting the radio in the next GTA.

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 6 days ago

Screw background music, mines been turned off for ages, started to annoy the sh*t out of me after being repeated 10 million times

• Sanches likes this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 5 days ago

While cruzings in my Vestra @ 6000 ft+ with the engines cut off @ sunset or sunrise.

:) I Chang

Rykjeklut
  • Rykjeklut

Prankster

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 5 days ago

Never seen this topic before,and never heard the songs. I'm glad I turned off music volume back in 2015.
  • Sanches likes this

puredorian
  • puredorian

Snitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 5 days ago

Bikers set a good tone, but was too too repetitive, with little to no variation.

Im/Ex was the worst. Just not fitting and annoying loud farts.

Original mission music was the best, sets the right mood and overall tone, that tied perfectly with gameplay without any critical interruption.

Heists OG OST was good as well. Tangerine Dream did a great job, without them game lost its charm a bit.
  • Sanches likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users