Import/Export Business Knowledge Base

1,980 replies to this topic
Mr. Larson
  • Mr. Larson

Homeboy

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

I think they did it because the Buzzard method made those missions too easy.

Just like they patched that crate mission when you have to chase down 4 cars to see which one is holding your stuff.

Before you could just set your gps to special cargo and it would point out which car was holding, they removed that too.

Nothing has changed, has been like this since last December. You always had to make sure the target doesn't take cover next to the car. Mindlessly firing rockets always came with the chance of blowing up the car. Destroying the car on purpose has never been an issue. The quick GPS  thing is a different story.

jollythecat
  • jollythecat

Playa

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

^

Like I said.

I've done something like 100 barge and car meet missions and never had a scratch to the car when spamming buzzard rockets at enemies no matter how close to the car they where.

Only buzzard rockets worked though, any other explosive would blow the car.

I doesn't matter now though since it's patched. :(

jyssys
  • jyssys

I like passive mode

• Members
  • Norway

Posted A week ago

I've blown up several barge cars with my Buzzard for the purpose of not having to get the stupid Cargobob. Unless something's changed very recently, a direct hit on the car will damage it/blow it up, while anywhere else will leave it unharmed.

jollythecat
  • jollythecat

Playa

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

^

Maybe I never hit the car directly before, but that seems quite unlikely I just fire when the square is red.

Today I blew up the cars when doing it exactly like I did a hundred times before, so obviously something have changed.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by DentureDynamite, 6 days ago.

If it's helpful to anyone, here's the La Mesa warehouse route/method I use (in solo sessions) for exporting vehicles which seems to work fairly well:

quelling_the_trolls1a.png

quelling_the_trolls1b.png

quelling_the_trolls2.png

• dairyworker likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

I actually dip in to the left slightly below and take cover behind the red dumpster. The Rockstar cars always seem to get a shot in if I take the right nook.

• DentureDynamite likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by DentureDynamite, A week ago.

^^ Yeah--my experience too; it's a trade-off, really. The right side does offer more cover for the car though...

To break up the monotony, I occasionally toss a proximity mine in the middle of the road before the next batch of trolls arrive and watch the land-based comets go by. ;)

JLG
  • JLG

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Just like they patched that crate mission when you have to chase down 4 cars to see which one is holding your stuff.

Before you could just set your gps to special cargo and it would point out which car was holding, they removed that too.

OT - I recently found out there is actually another method to always find the right van first time on that special cargo mission.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Behaving Myself

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted A week ago

^ It's the same way as the blips, it's the last one to appear on the map.

• Rafae and JLG like this

krooked kouki
  • krooked kouki

Gear Head

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by krooked kouki, A week ago.

If it's helpful to anyone, here's the La Mesa warehouse route/method I use for exporting vehicles which seems to work fairly well:

lol I just cargobob it... Get up high enough that the NPC's cant hit you and you're golden.

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

FR 12.7

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

The 10 standard cars+ 10 medium cars method functionned for me, its crazy, now I only source FMJ, Tyrus, T-20 and 811. :) Money fountain. 

• gtafan26, Rafae and sleepwalk1980 like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I actually dip in to the left slightly below and take cover behind the red dumpster. The Rockstar cars always seem to get a shot in if I take the right nook.

Yep, I always make that first left, then get out of the car , and run towards the NPC's , I would rather my body soak up the bullets than the car

OT - I recently found out there is actually another method to always find the right van first time on that special cargo mission.

Well......care to share what that is ?

Rafae
  • Rafae

GTAF Crew

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Question..

I recently just nabbed a collection unintentionally and I'm not sure if I should sell it off or stick to my top range source and sell method instead. Three of the cars in the collection are mid range and one is top range.

I don't want to sell off the mid range ones because that means I'd have to work to source three individual ones again and I'm not trying to do all that, I've been keeping my warehouse full of 10 mid and standards for a good 3-4 months now.

Probably not worth selling off the collection then, right? The bonus is also $50k in case you're wondering.

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by sleepwalk1980, A week ago.

Personally I never sell collections especially if they contain standard or mid price cars. Much prefer to do the 32 car/source & sell method.

ALso didn't there used to be a workaround/glitch to avoid the cooldown timer on selling top-end cars?

• Rafae likes this

Dracmitch
  • Dracmitch

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Personally I never sell collections especially if they contain standard or mid price cars. Much prefer to do the 32 car/source & sell method.

ALso didn't there used to be a workaround/glitch to avoid the cooldown timer on selling top-end cars?

On PS4 I go back to PS4 main menu, open up netflix/youtube or twitch, GTA5 application suspends, I exit netflix/youtube or twitch and go back to GTA5. It will tell you the application got suspended and it will find a new session for you. Timer will be reset. Not sure about XB1 or PC

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

On PS4 I go back to PS4 main menu, open up netflix/youtube or twitch, GTA5 application suspends, I exit netflix/youtube or twitch and go back to GTA5. It will tell you the application got suspended and it will find a new session for you. Timer will be reset. Not sure about XB1 or PC
You do this straight after selling? Or go back to the warehouse and log onto screen?

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

For those Exporting from the La Mesa warehouse - take this route out of the warehouse.

M4A9BTV.png

Hide the car behind a white wall up a small grass verge, just before two red bins.
Jump out and over the wall and hide behind the bins. NPC cars will zoom past you, the guys will run up on you (mostly in the middle of the road) and you can take them all out easy from the cover of the bins.

Sounds like a huge waste of time honestly.

When you turn left onto the highway overpass, keep going onto the highway. Two enemies will spawn near the first exit, usually one on the ramp and one in the middle of the highway. It's easy to blow past them, then it's just a matter of knowing where they *usually* spawn next.

I rarely do over $1k worth of damage, even to Weston's or the vineyard.

This is why La Mesa is the best warehouse imo. It's a straight shot on the highway for most deliveries and you can start every sale from the highway as well. Avoiding lights (that ALWAYS turn red right before you reach them) and intersections is the key to saving money

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by sleepwalk1980, A week ago.

It takes about 2 minutes to do it so not much of a time waster. Plus you get a few hundred dollars and some ammo that the NPCs drop, every little helps :)

Mainly though, I don't want a surprise spawn popping up when I'm almost at the drop with zero damage.

And I'm trying to compile a list of all the source missions, more for curiosity than anything else. Can anyone help me add to the ones I can remember;

- Photoshoot

at Ron Alternates Wind Farm

- Follow the Kuruma

to the house in Mirror Park

- Cargobob

floating platform off the NW coast near the islands between Zancudo & Paleto

- Photo Identity

Bayview Lodge

Rex's Diner

Two Hoots Falls

- Cars doing Laps

at the Racetrack

at Sandy Shores Airfield

at LSIA

- Police Investigation

- Stunt

at Lago Zancudo Beach

- Shoot the Guards for the Key

- Car Meet

Dracmitch
  • Dracmitch

Crackhead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

You do this straight after selling? Or go back to the warehouse and log onto screen?

Nah I dont go back. I just wait 10 seconds or something so I know the game saves my current $$. Im a paranoid guy. Never had any probs though

• StormerBoy likes this

A.Nothingman
  • A.Nothingman

Ex-President

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A week ago

And I'm trying to compile a list of all the source missions, more for curiosity than anything else. Can anyone help me add to the ones I can remember;

Spoiler

http://gta.wikia.com...Source_Missions

• shmok2 and sleepwalk1980 like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Behaving Myself

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted A week ago

This is why La Mesa is the best warehouse imo. It's a straight shot on the highway for most deliveries and you can start every sale from the highway as well.

Or if you dislike how crowded it is the most expensive VW (Murrieta Hts, next to Lester's warehouse) also has direct highway access via broken wall.

• gtafan26, Coninefan and KWF1981 like this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

http://gta.wikia.com...Source_Missions

Nice one dude!! Much appreciated :)

• DentureDynamite and A.Nothingman like this

drizzi_b
  • drizzi_b

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Out of habit I wait for the assistant to call, then suspend app. Works like a charm.

• StormerBoy likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

GTAF Crew

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by Rafae, A week ago.

500 cars imported! :D

UGuhJKz.jpg
  • Gridl0k, EkaSwede, KWF1981 and 1 other like this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

FR 12.7

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

I also own this one. I really like how its close from Madrazo ranch, don't even need to take a lot of altitude to avoid blue cars terminators, just fly over the hills and you're done. 

Rafae
  • Rafae

GTAF Crew

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

I also own this one. I really like how its close from Madrazo ranch, don't even need to take a lot of altitude to avoid blue cars terminators, just fly over the hills and you're done. 

Yeah, I bought it mainly because of how away from everything it is. I like the isolation when it comes to certain businesses lol

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

@ Rafae... Well done dude, I've just passed 200 myself, but the last month I've been busy elsewhere, lol...

500 is my target, once there, We'll see, depending on gunrunning, naturally, but this is an easy grind with a cargobob, just gets boring so I get easily distracted by other jobs/games too much, but I always source and sell a car when other things go tits up, or if I haven't earned anything for the last hour or so, you know?... Such a reliable method of safe, simple and steady cash. It really takes the pressure off for some, once you know cash is there, and we can get it solo, at a breeze, players seem to relax more knowing that it's just a matter of time before we can buy whatever we want...

Unlike heists, where many see no end in sight... @ $1.5m (minimum) to start running I/E, many now can see their targets in terms of cash or cars etc. in sight... Makes the game 1000 times better when the reliance of cash gets taken control of... IMO... Much less pressure to heist with randoms these days, if no-one's free to, we've got many modes now where we can still keep adding good cash solo, or in 2 or 3 player teams...

• Rafae likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

GTAF Crew

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago Edited by Rafae, A week ago.

@ Rafae... Well done dude, I've just passed 200 myself, but the last month I've been busy elsewhere, lol...

500 is my target, once there, We'll see, depending on gunrunning, naturally, but this is an easy grind with a cargobob, just gets boring so I get easily distracted by other jobs/games too much, but I always source and sell a car when other things go tits up, or if I haven't earned anything for the last hour or so, you know?... Such a reliable method of safe, simple and steady cash. It really takes the pressure off for some, once you know cash is there, and we can get it solo, at a breeze, players seem to relax more knowing that it's just a matter of time before we can buy whatever we want...

Unlike heists, where many see no end in sight... @ $1.5m (minimum) to start running I/E, many now can see their targets in terms of cash or cars etc. in sight... Makes the game 1000 times better when the reliance of cash gets taken control of... IMO... Much less pressure to heist with randoms these days, if no-one's free to, we've got many modes now where we can still keep adding good cash solo, or in 2 or 3 player teams...

Thanks man

I/E is just one of those things no matter how much I do, never feels like a grind. I'm literally getting paid to drive fancy high-end cars around Los Santos and Blaine County... I used to do this sh*t for free back when contact missions were the only way to get money lol

• StormerBoy, sleepwalk1980 and KWF1981 like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

@ Rafae... Absolutely, and compared to Simeone's boosting for 12k on a Ocelot, well, there's just no comparison what-so-ever... Probably should've been the first freemode business to come, as it is GTA... But had it, crates would have been tougher to 'get over'...

• StormerBoy and Rafae like this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

500 cars imported! :D

UGuhJKz.jpg

Almost feels like a shame there's no I/E related trophy on your Office desk. Would've loved a Golden car figurine.

• StormerBoy, Gridl0k, Rafae and 1 other like this

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users